Military resume examples and tips. Write a civilian resume with military experience. Make your military-to-civilian resume fast, with good and bad examples.
A job search can hammer your self-worth.
You need money, but you send 100 resumes and—
You feel like you’ve got nothing to offer.
You just need a professional profile that makes them pay attention.
In this guide:
- 25+ great resume profile examples
- A resume profile definition and tips on how to write a winning resume profile fast
- How to add accomplishment for the perfect resume profile statement
Scroll past the examples to write your own.
1. 25 Resume Profile Examples
What makes writing a resume profile summary so hard?
Not knowing what to say.
What makes it easier?
Seeing lots of good professional profile examples.
Check out the 25 resume profile examples below.
Don’t see your profession listed? Skip to our list of 50+ sample resumes for every profession. Each one has a professional profile.
1. Customer Service Profile Resume Example
Goal-oriented customer service rep with 7+ years of experience. Seeking to use proven telesales skills to raise customer satisfaction at Triple-P Components. Received 98% favorable customer review scores at Gibbs-Atalah Electronics. Customer retention for repeat clients was 35% above facility average. At Fireberry communications, received Employee of the Month Award 4x.
2. Project Manager Resume Profile Sample
Efficient IT Project Management Professional with 5+ years of experience and strong vendor management skills. Seeking to improve cost, quality, and time at McBain-Bessey International. Slashed costs 23% at NSRB and trained 83 employees in Kaizen practices.
3. Sales Profile Resume Example
Quota-busting sales representative with 6+ years of experience. Looking to raise Gilead’s sales KPIs via proven skills in relationship-building and closing. At Sanvartis, created ironclad relationships with 120 new clients. Consistently exceeded sales targets by 15%, with 20% more in-person meets than company average.
4. Computer Science Professional Profile Example
Quick-minded computer science professional with 2 internships and several intensive projects. Seeking to solve problems for Sharon C. at Google with demonstrated skills in leadership and C#. Commended 5x by management at Pralucitronics for efficiency. Improved system resource usage for my branches by 25% through more efficient coding.
Check out more: Computer Science Resume Sample—Examples and 25+ Writing Tips
5. Graphic Designer Resume Profile
Talented graphic designer with 5+ years of experience. Looking to provide design elegance for Timothy N. at Google through proven graphical skills.
- At KISQ Inc., produced 340+ graphic design projects.
- Slashed client costs 25% in 16 months through more efficient collaboration.
- On team that received a 2018 Shopify Design Award.
6. Marketing Profile Resume Example
Creative growth marketing manager with strong sales background. Seeking to leverage 7+ years of marketing experience to increase KPIs for QQT International.
- At Fiveapple Digital, raised open rate for all online campaigns by 25%.
- Slashed churn by 28% via robust attrition surveys.
- Led team that received Adrian Award in 2018 for marketing excellence.
Expert Hint: Add bullet points to highlight your achievements. Do it like the two resume profile examples above.
7. Administrative Assistant Resume Profile Sample
Adept administrative assistant with 4+ years of experience and proven skills in problem-solving and scheduling. Seeking to save time for the team at Arendt-Wiley South. At H&RFZ, slashed clerical errors 20% and boosted client retention 15% with swift complaint resolution. At BBGR, helped collect on accounts 18% faster via automated payment reminders.
8. Entry-Level Resume Profile Example for Students
Hard-working entry-level software engineer. Focused on providing programming excellence at Hard Hat Jigs International. Have completed 8 freelance projects, including a working e-commerce site that sells hats and t-shirts. One of my CAD applications was written up favorably in the OnShape blog. Active member, ACM. 3rd place, SpOJ CodeWar.
9. Web Developer Resume Profile Example
Voracious full-stack web developer with 5+ years of experience and proven leadership and development skills. Looking to deliver development excellence at Roritany & Dreebs. Received a Webby in 2017 for a client site. Increased user experience scores by 27% at Coolacre Inc. At Nugatrode Inc., raised customer satisfaction scores 31%. Commended 4x by management for speed of completion.
10. Financial Analyst Resume Profile
CFA with 3+ years of experience, seeking to use proven modeling and data-mining skills for Mastercard. Saved $1.5 million at Morgan Stanley by targeting 20 low-ROI projects. Boosted revenue 20% by using existing data to pinpoint new growth opportunities. Increased efficiency of regular analysis by 30%.
11. Substitute Teacher Professional Profile Example
Licensed substitute teacher, skilled in K-12 and special education. Seeking substitute position at Tamarack High School. At Oakland High, commended 6X by principal for excellent classroom management skills. Most relied-on sub at Nancy Hill Middle School in Skowhegan.
12. Nursing Student Resume Profile Summary
Licensed RN with 2 years of clinical experience. Looking to assure excellent care at the Cleveland Clinic through daily care and triage skills.
- Received 98% favorable evaluations from preceptors.
- Maintained patient satisfaction scores 20% higher than average at McNett River Health Clinic.
- Scored 99% positive marks for accuracy in all reports.
13. Pharmacy Technician Profile Sample
Hard-working certified pharmacy technician. Excited about helping Walgreens meet customer service goals. At CVS Seneca, used strong interpersonal goals to raise staff retention by 20%. Raised customer satisfaction scores 30% and slashed waste 15%.
14. Nurse Sample Resume Profile
Licensed RN with 6+ years of experience. Seeking to use proven skills in patient education and wound dressing to promote healthcare excellence at Our Lady of the Waters Hospital. At Head Light Health, slashed nurse turnover 22% via improved work standards. Increased patient review scores by 28% through better communication.
15. Technical Profile for Resume
Dedicated IT professional with 7+ years of experience and high-level hardware maintenance skills. Looking to improve technical efficiency at Dotson-Williams Medical. At Landru Global, upgraded 180+ employee machines to Windows 10. Came in 15% under budget and was 100% HIPAA compliant.
16. Resume Profile for Internship Sample
Enthusiastic computer science specialist. Seeking to use proven coding skills to deliver efficient development solutions as an intern at Facebook. Built 4 eCommerce sites with 98% customer satisfaction. Updated a mobile web app with 40,000 monthly visitors with 100% adherence to customer specifications.
17. Software Engineer Profile in Resume
Reliable software engineer with 4 years of experience and demonstrated cloud computing skills. Seeking to deliver efficient code for HubSpot. At Inbilisoft Industrial, managed a team that received a Bossie in 2018. Used automated standards enforcement to slash breach risk 65%. Cut delivery times by 20%.
18. High School for College Professional Profile Example
Driven student social media specialist, seeking to enhance Baylor University’s student body with developing leadership skills. Founded and ran an online fundraising nonprofit that raised $18,000 for ovarian cancer research. High school running team captain. Maintained 4.0 average in English and mathematics.
Expert Hint: Tailor your resume profile statement achievements to the job ad. The resume profile examples below work best if the job postings ask for Lean manufacturing or scheduling skills.
19. Operations Manager Personal Profile for Resume
Committed operations manager with 7+ years of experience. Seeking to use substantiated leadership and interpersonal skills to drive cost, time, and quality measurements for Brunella-Clifford Nationwide. At Pearstile Inc., applied Lean manufacturing principles to transform a $5 million annual loss to $3 million in annual profits in 18 months. Slashed maintenance costs 55% through predictive maintenance. Cut rework 40%.
20. Resume Profile for Executive Assistant
Passionate executive assistant with 4+ years of experience. Looking to use proven skills in EQ and communication to save massive time for executives at Firemetric International. At QRF Locklitman, saved $20,000 a week in C-Suite time through efficient scheduling, logistics, and communication. Commended 12x by all executives for high-level problem-solving skills.
Check out more: Executive Assistant Resume Sample—20+ Examples and Writing Tips
21. DevOps Resume Personal Profile Example
Galvanizing DevOps manager with 5+ years of experience. Looking to use strong skills in continuous deployment to drive productivity at Execubeam Inc. At Oakenthrift, led team of 8 Agile developers that slashed release times 25% and raised customer satisfaction scores 30% via more efficient use of Jenkins and Puppet.
22. Product Manager Profile Sample
Expert product manager with 6+ years of experience, seeking to boost revenue at Eames-Arbuckle through proven leadership and strategy skills. At Accupoint Worldwide, saved $1.3 million in production costs through improved vendor sourcing. Continually beat revenue targets by 120%. Increased efficiency measures by an average of 25%.
23. Teen Objective Summary Example
Hard-working waitress, seeking to use high-level customer service skills to deliver service excellence at Cardison’s Restaurant. At Owen Sarpo’s Country Club, commended by management 5x for efficiency. As vice president of school fundraising committee, surpassed previous 10-year fundraising average by $3,000.
24. Accountant Profile for Resume
CPA with 7+ years of experience at American Express and Nissan. Seeking to use demonstrated asset management skills to grow ROI for Doubletree. Saved $2.2 M per year at AmEx by correcting a recurring tax accounting issue. Saved $1.2 M annually at Nissan through improved cost analysis.
Check out more: Accounting Resume Example—Samples and 25+ Writing Tips
25. Call Center Resume Profile
Helpful call center specialist with 4+ years of experience. Seeking to use expert customer support and telesales skills to provide sales excellence at AT&T. Received Gold-Star Service Award at Dennis-Forsythe Call Center for leading a team of 15 to 15% more sales revenue with 25% more dials than prior year.
Expert Hint: The resume profile examples above use metrics to show the achievements are massive. Slashed costs 18% beats plain ol’ cut costs any day of the week.
3. Write a Resume Profile Statement that Gets Noticed
How do you write a good resume profile?
Most resumes have a professional profile already.
But most profile sections of resumes are boring.
Don’t be boring. Write a profile on your resume that makes the hiring manager say, Finally.
What is a Profile on a Resume?
A profile on a resume is a short section at the top. It says what you do and how long you’ve done it. It shows why you’re perfect for the job.
The best profiles on resumes list a couple key skills and achievements. They mention organization goals you hope to help with.
How to Write a Profile for a Resume
To write a good resume profile summary, list:
1. One adjective (efficient, hard-working, energetic)
2. Key license or certification if you have one (PMP, CFA)
3. Job title (programmer, sales manager)
4. Years of experience (3+, 6+)
5. Goal (make life easier at Arntworks, Inc.)
6. A couple skills (leadership, programming)
7. Flashiest 2–3 achievements that fit the job. (cut clerical errors 25%)
Don’t Write Your Resume Profile First
Write the profile section of your resume last. That’ll give you lots of good material to build it from.
The professional profile example below shows how it’s done. Notice how the profile section of the resume comes from key achievements in the resume.
4. Power Up Your Resume Profile With Accomplishments
But I don’t have accomplishments!
Yes, you do.
You just need to do the head-scratching.
Find your selling points in the list of resume profile achievements below.
What to Put in Profile Section of Resume
- Key skills
- Money saved
- Time saved
- Customer satisfaction scores raised
- Quality boosted
- Problems solved
- Metrics improved
- Awards won
- Professional honors / commendations / compliments
- Certifications / licenses
In short, list anything that shows you are a force of nature.
Resume Profile Entry-Level Achievements
Need achievements for an entry-level profile section on your resume?
Get them from:
- School achievements
- Related tasks in unrelated jobs
- Volunteer work
- Short freelance tasks
Do it like this high school student resume profile example:
Passionate student social media enthusiast seeking to enhance Syracuse University’s student body with proven skills in leadership. Founded and directed a social fundraising group that raised $25,000 for breast cancer research. Varsity wrestling team captain with 4.0 avg. in math & English classes.
Didn’t see your career in any of the resume profile examples above? See our full collection of resume guides for every profession.
Expert Hint: In a resume profile for career changers, focus on transferable accomplishments.Those are things you did in past jobs that match the new job’s requirements.
Here’s a recap of tips for writing a resume profile summary:
- Make a professional profile on a resume to put your best accomplishments up top. That way busy employers won’t miss them.
- Write the profile section of your resume last. List one adjective, years of experience, and how you’ll help the company.
- Include your best 2–3 achievements that fit the job. See the resume profile examples above for tips.
- Quantify accomplishments in the profile on your resume. Percents, dollar figures, and numbers of employees trained give your efforts scale.
Do you have a question about how to write a professional profile about yourself? Not sure what to put in the profile section of a resume? Leave a comment. We’d be happy to reply!