How many pages should a resume be? One page resume vs two page resume. Get the answer to how long should a resume be with expert tips to shorten yours.
Seeing achievements on a resume is what recruiters crave—
Most resumes say responsible for.
Thomas Andrews was responsible for designing the Titanic.
Accomplishments and achievements on a resume are light-years better.
They show you handled responsibilities well.
This guide will show you:
- Accomplishments on resumes and how to show them.
- 50 great examples of achievements for resumes.
- How to list awards on resumes.
- The best honors and awards resume examples.
Save hours of work and get a resume like this. Pick a template, fill it in. Quick and easy. Choose from 18+ resume templates and download your resume now.
What users say about ResumeLab:
I had an interview yesterday and the first thing they said on the phone was: “Wow! I love your resume.”
I love the variety of templates. Good job guys, keep up the good work!
My previous resume was really weak and I used to spend hours adjusting it in Word. Now, I can introduce any changes within minutes. Absolutely wonderful!
List of Sample Professional Awards, Achievements, and Accomplishments to Put on a Resume
- Received X professional award. (PMI Fellows Award, CSS Design Award, etc.)
- Shortlisted for X professional award.
- Employee of the month X times because of Y skill/achievement.
- Commended by management for X.
- Part of a team that received X award.
- Completed/created X projects/products per month/year.
- Slashed costs by X%.
- Improved quality measures by X%.
- Cut delivery times by X%.
- Raised revenue by X%.
- Received X% positive customer survey results.
- Trained X employees in Y.
- Improved efficiency of X system by Y%.
- Raised customer satisfaction scores by X%.
- Singled out by management to handle X important project.
- Assigned a peer mentoring role by manager because of X skill.
- Promoted only X months after hiring.
- Maintained costs X% under budget for Y years.
- Didn’t miss a day of work for X years.
- Led or participated in a team that accomplished X.
- Consistently met deadlines.
- Beat company/department average of X metric by Y.
- Completed X task Y% faster than company average.
- Cut X waste by Y%.
- Saved X hours per year by initiating Y project.
- Increased staff retention by X%.
Examples of Personal Achievements in Resumes
- Attended X conference.
- Spoke on X panel.
- Wrote an article on X that was linked to by Y.
- Gave a TED talk on X.
- Published a YouTube video that got X views.
- Gave a webcast that was downloaded X times.
- Interviewed by X podcast.
- Amassed a LinkedIn following of X.
- Created a Facebook contest that got X shares and Y likes.
- Built a community of X professionals.
- Received X certification.
- Completed X class/course with score of Y.
- Founded X club, company, or group with X members.
- Grew membership in X club by X%.
Sports Achievements in Resume Examples
- Captain of X sports team.
- Broke speed record for X sporting event.
- Led a team of 15 swimmers to state championships.
- Came in X place in the Y race.
- Completed the X marathon.
Volunteer Accomplishments for Resumes
- Volunteer X times per month at Y charity.
- Organized a team of X volunteers.
- Increased donations for X by Y%.
- Organized a local playground build of X parents.
- Raised $X for Y charity.
Accomplishment vs Achievement
Many experts say accomplishments for resumes and achievements for resumes are two different things. According to Merriam-Webster, resume accomplishments and achievements in resumes are synonyms.
Expert Hint: Mix resume accomplishments with responsibilities. For every five work section bullet points, stuff three with accomplishments and resume awards.
2. How to List Achievements for Resumes
How do you show accomplishments on resumes?
What about awards on resumes?
Here’s the problem:
Most accomplishments for resumes will make the hiring manager yawn.
A few will make her leave nine voicemails in your inbox.
What achievements for resumes work best?
- Read the job ad closely.
- Imagine the perfect candidate.
- List only achievements in resumes that prove you are that candidate.
These resume accomplishments examples show how:
Job ad wants: (1) customer service (2) customer retention (3) efficiency.
Resume work history says:
The first of those resume achievements examples will make employers worry someone else will get you.
The second tells your job, but—
Not how good you did it.
Expert Hint: Where should you put accomplishments on resumes? In the bullet points for all your sections. List accomplishments for resumes or awards on resumes that prove key skills.
The ResumeLab builder is more than looks. Get specific content to boost your chances of getting the job. Add job descriptions, bullet points, and skills. Easy. Improve your resume in our resume builder now.
Nail it all with a splash of color, choose a clean font, highlight your skills in just a few clicks. You’re the perfect candidate and we’ll prove it. Use the ResumeLab builder now.
3. Why Achievements in Resumes Need Numbers
Numbers send achievements for resumes to the stratosphere.
Pretend you own a restaurant.
Should you tell people it gets “great Yelp reviews?”
It has “over a thousand 5-star Yelp reviews?”
Numbers matter in accomplishments for resumes.
They even help awards on resumes.
These resume achievements examples demonstrate:
The first of those honors and awards resume examples could get you hired on the Avengers.
KPIs for Achievements in Resumes
Need some help with numbers for accomplishments for resumes?
Use Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
They measure achievements for resumes to get you hired.
Make sure your KPIs fit what the job posting wants.
Social Media Engagement
Customer Turnover Rate
Expert Hint: Not sure what KPIs best fit your job? Google your job title + “KPIs.” You’ll find metrics that add muscle to accomplishments for resumes and awards on resumes.
4. How to List Awards on Resumes
“Holy cow, we’ve got to hire this one.”
Why show awards on resumes?
They’re some of the best accomplishments for resumes. They prove your skills.
- Don’t bury them.
- Do list only awards this employer cares about.
- Do add details that tie awards to skills.
Check out these honors and awards resume examples:
Job ad wants: web design skills.
The first of those awards and acknowledgements resume examples will make the boss reach for the phone.
The second buries the award in other achievements for resumes.
What resume awards should you list?
- Show honors and awards on resumes from professional associations. For instance, the PMI Fellows Award, CSS Design Award, or AMA Award.
- Include honors and awards in resumes received by companies you’ve worked for. For example, the Baldrige Award or Shingo Prize.
- In-company awards to put on a resume include Employee of the Month or performance-based bonuses.
Need awards to put on resumes?
Google your job title + “awards.” You’ll find resume awards that fit. You may even spot some easy-to-get honors and awards resume examples. For instance, small monthly contests.
Expert Hint: “Should I always include a cover letter?” You betcha! About 83% of recruiters say they regard a cover letter as an important factor for hiring decisions.
Double your impact with a matching resume and cover letter combo. Use our cover letter builder and make your application documents pop out.
Want to try a different look? There’s 18 more. A single click will give your document a total makeover. Pick a cover letter template here.
Here’s a recap of tips for writing an accomplishment section for your resume::
- Match achievements in resumes to the job ad. If it shows you’ve got a resume skill the company wants, list it.
- Add numbers to resume achievements. Say how much, how often, and how many. Add hours, dollars, percents, and numbers of people.
- Awards on resumes build confidence. Add professional awards like the AIGA Medal or in-company awards like Employee of the Month.
- Use the resumes accomplishments examples above for reference. Awards, improvements to company metrics, and personal achievements all make great accomplishments on resumes.
Still wondering how to list achievements in resumes? Not sure how to pick the best accomplishments for resumes? Leave a comment. We’re happy to reply!