Our career experts have cherry-picked a curated list of 50+ free Microsoft Word resume templates, so you can focus on what's important - writing an awesome resume.
Abstract: Digital marketers use digital channels such as email marketing or online ads to generate leads and build brand awareness. The purpose of your digital marketing resume is to show how successful your digital campaigns were and prove you know your way around digital marketing tools.
We have a cold lead. We need to build a funnel to convert this lead.
Luckily, our conversion goal is a mere first phone call. That should be easy.
There is only one problem. The product is you.
Whether you build funnels, create PPC campaigns, or do analytics magic behind the scenes, you understand one thing.
The human attention span is not a span. It’s a point. Like a free electron, seemingly stopping for us, but really it is in all places at the same time.
Your digital marketing resume must show you understand that from the get-go.
In this guide you'll see:
- A digital marketing resume example that gets the interview.
- How to write a digital marketing resume that will land you a job.
- Tips on building your digital marketing job description for maximum effect.
- Expert hints to increase the chances of your digital marketing job application.
Save hours of work and get a job-winning resume like this. Try our resume builder with 20+ resume templates and create your resume now.
What users say about ResumeLab:
I had an interview yesterday and the first thing they said on the phone was: “Wow! I love your resume.”
I love the variety of templates. Good job guys, keep up the good work!
My previous resume was really weak and I used to spend hours adjusting it in Word. Now, I can introduce any changes within minutes. Absolutely wonderful!
Applying to a range of positions? See our other dedicated guides:
- Brand Ambassador Resume Example
- Consultant Resume Example
- Copywriter Resume Example
- Event Coordinator Resume Example
- Marketing Manager Resume Example
- Marketing Resume Example
- Public Relations Resume Example
- Salesforce Admin Resume Examples
- Social Media Manager Resume Example
- Social Media Resume Example
- Translator Resume Example
- Writer Resume Examples
Looking for different positions? Check our Best Resume Examples for All Jobs
Digital Marketing Resume Example You Can Copy and Use
Robert S. Mitchell
1647 Brannon Street
Los Angeles, CA 90017
Inventive digital marketer with 4+ years of experience and a scientific approach to fine-tuning every aspect of the digital presence, which results in up to 10x ROAS. Presided over all digital marketing operations of 17 beauty and lifestyle brands for Gloss Group during a period of 300% growth in 18 months. Managed a $2m annual marketing budget to consistently deliver above 4x average ROAS. Seeking to scale existing competencies to a larger challenge and provide record returns for Louis Vuitton.
Digital Marketing Manager
Gloss Group, Los Angeles
January 2018—April 2020
- Actively managed a team of 23+ creatives, media buyers, marketers and analysts during a period where Gloss Group noted a growth of 300%+ in 24 months ($7m revenue in 2017 to $22m in 2019).
- Implemented a multi-platform content schedule for 17 beauty and lifestyle brands that improved the stagnating organic follower growth from 1.5% in Q4 2017 to 10% in Q1 2018.
- Managed an annual marketing budget of $2m+. 2019 saw best returns, with an average of 4.1x ROAS across all activities.
- Strategized an influencer marketing campaign for 2 new brand launches with a $25,000 budget to return $140k in sales and 70,000 new followers in one month.
- Designed an audience-sharing solution and cross-brand cooperation to solidify the customer base of the group and inform them of all products, the cross-brand upsells generated $750k in 2019.
- Performed SEO and quality analysis of all website pages and content to improve the average Google rank for Top20 strategic queries from 37 to 8.
- Implemented repeat buying promotions and loyalty points to generate $80k of additional business in Q3 2019, and generate an average of $120k per quarter since.
- Introduced retargeting campaigns including individualized discounts on high-ticket items, improving total ROAS for these products by up to 200%.
- Mentored and trained 4 junior employees on PPC ads, content planning, and retargeting.
Digital Marketing Specialist
NiceCream, Los Angeles
February 2015—December 2017
- Created a following of 85,000 from scratch on 9 different social media platforms (including Facebook and Instagram).
- Cut posting workload by 30% by introducing content schedules and automation.
- Implemented a successful influencer campaign including a discount scheme, creating $35,000 in additional business on a $7,500 budget.
- Content Scheduling
- Influencer Marketing
- HootSuite, Zapier, Analytics
- E-Commerce: Shopify, Magento, WooCommerce, Wix
BA New Media & Internet Marketing, 2014-2016
University of California, Los Angeles, CA
- Project Management Professional (Project Management Institute)
- SEO Essentials Certificate (Moz)
That’s a first-page-of-Google digital marketing resume. Now here’s to write your own:
1. Use the Best Digital Marketing Resume Format
You can A/B test every single minute variable until you run out of jobs you can apply to, or more likely, consider launching a stress ball business. Or launching your stress ball out the window.
Follow these structural rules to make your digital marketing resume clear and legible first of all. The creative touch can come later.
Here’s the recepie for the best resume format:
Digital Marketing Resume Format
- Definitely use the chronological resume format to bring your most recent work up front.
- Use a sensible resume font. Noto, Didot or Helvetica are all elegant options.
- Use 1-inch resume marginsand negative space.
- Follow this order of resume sections: Resume Header, Objective, Experience, Education, and “Additional.”
- Try to fit on a one-page resume. Cut down on descriptions of your education.
- Send your resume as a PDF, unless instructed otherwise.
- Use a simple resume template, it’s more readable. If you’re targeting a creative industry, you might consider a modern resume template such as an infographic resume.
Expert Hint: If you have worked mostly as a freelancer up to now, you may want to consider a functional resume layout. This way, you can list key projects and achievements under each competency, like ‘PPC ads’ or ‘Brand Strategy’, instead of having a long list of projects for the reader to scan for the right competency.
2. Grab Attention With Your Digital Marketing Resume Summary or Objective
Here is the top of your funnel. Your resume profile is like the headline of your PPC ads. You’re trying to grab their attention and get them into your funnel. Like any product, you ought to try to advertise at least your 2 strongest sides.
But remember, just like advertising, it’s not about you, it’s about your audience. What are your two strongest sides to them? Craft an attention grabbing professional summary by answering each questions concisely:
- Who are you, what’s your experience (expressed as years+)?
- What type of projects, in what industry have you successfully delivered?
- What’s your most unique achievement?
- What’s your most impressive/relevant achievement?
- What can you do for this employer?
Just like your PPC headlines, they are easier to write once you have the whole product figured out. Write your digital marketing resume summary at the very end.
Digital Marketing Resume Summary—Example
Don’t hide behind empty statements and generalizations. Results are easily measurable in your line of work. The same applies to writing an entry-level resume. But this time, instead of writing a summary of qualifications, write a resume objective.
Also called a career objective statement, a resume objective focuses on projects, internships, school achievements and volunteer work and shows how you can use the skills you’ve developed so far to benefit your future employer.
Digital Marketing Resume Objective—Example
Oops! You don’t need Google Analytics to know the second doesn’t sell. The first example, though, shows measurable achievements that will make the recruiter say “wow”.
3. Impress With Your Job Description and Skills
You’re in a very lucky position, having a career in a field where there are analytics for every single minute detail. Backing up your talk with numbers and metrics is the most effective strategy to convince someone to hire you.
It allows them to imagine exactly what you can do for them. Talk about the projects, budgets, ROAS, big name accounts you have dealt with. Think about the times you mentored and trained others. Cite numbers and metrics throughout.
Showcase a range of proven experience and completed projects that matches the employer’s expectations. Use powerful resume words to start each line and use the STAR (Situation-Task-Action-Result) formula to help you out.
Digital Marketing Resume Job Description
When you work with as many tools as in digital marketing, there may be some things that you would like to list, but don’t warrant a whole bullet point. Perhaps there’s a software or a skill that matches that description.
You can list those in a resume skills section, unless you’re a negative-space-loving minimalist.
Digital Marketing Skills for Resume
- Clickfunnels, GERU
- Buzz Sumo
- E-Commerce: Shopify, Magento, WooCommerce, Wix
- Project Management Software (e.g. FunctionFox)
- Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Bridge, After Effects, etc.
- Art Directors Toolkit 5i, Art Files 3
- CRM Software
- UX Design
- Video Production
- Active Listening
- Business Design
- Conceptual Thinking and Planning Skills
- Cost Management
- Designing Project Scope
- Managing Multiple Large-Scale Projects
- Negotiating with Vendors
- Strategy Development
- Team Management & Delegation
- Written Communication
- Marketing skills
Expert Hint: If you really have a lot of projects under your belt, a two-page resume is acceptable in digital marketing. Make sure you craft a targeted resume for each position, especially focusing on the resume summary to match their desired skills.
The ResumeLab builder is more than looks. Get specific content to boost your chances of getting the job. Add job descriptions, bullet points, and skills. Easy. Improve your resume in our resume builder now.
Nail it all with a splash of color, choose a clean font, and highlight your skills in just a few clicks. You’re the perfect candidate, and we’ll prove it. Use our resume builder now.
4. Minimize Your Education Section Accordingly
Results speak for themselves. Nobody cares if you dropped out of kindergarten if your marketing converts. Devote more space to skills, experience, and tools you have mastered. Simply list your major, school name, and graduation date.
Here’s an example of how to list your education on a resume:
Digital Marketer Resume Sample—Education
5. Close Your Digital Marketing Resume With Added Sections
The bottom of your resume is not an ‘About Me’ section. It is perfectly manageable to appear interesting and likeable while only relaying information that is highly relevant to your position. Your yoga habits notwithstanding.
Structure bonus resume sections under clear headings:
- Foreign Languages
- Hobbies, Activities, and Interests
- Professional References
- Skills—if you haven’t included them as part of your other sections
Compare these two digital marketing resume examples:
Digital Marketer Resume—Extra Sections
To increase conversion, write a digital marketing cover letter. More than 50% of hiring managers still expect to get a cover letter attached to a resume.
Expert Hint: A PMP (Project Management Professional) certification is the gold standard in IT projects, but can be translatable to creative projects too, and can help with moving up to higher levels of management.
Double your impact with a matching resume and cover letter combo. Use our cover letter generator and make your application documents pop out.
Want to try a different look? There’s 18 more. A single click will give your document a total makeover. Pick a cover letter template here.
If you want to have a job-winning digital marketing resume remember the following pointers:
- Maintain a business resume format on your digital marketing resume—margins, fonts, 1 page, reverse chronological.
- Quantify the impact and achievements, instead of just describing work. Think about projects completed, budgets, schedule, improvements.
- Limit the length of the education section to make space for experience.
- Write a captivating digital marketing cover letter.
Did you find our digital marketing resume examples helpful? Did we help you get your digital marketing resume right? Leave a comment. We’ll be happy to reply.