You can stop searching—this is the ultimate collection of best resume tips that can help you succeed in 2023. These resume writing tips will help to impress hiring managers.
Here comes a share-worthy social media manager resume sample.
Just follow this resume writing formula and show your social media marketing skills and accomplishments in the most persuasive way. Your resume's conversion rate will skyrocket!
In this guide you'll find:
- A social media manager resume sample better than most.
- How to write a social media marketing manager resume with high relevance.
- How to make a targeted social media manager job description for resumes.
- Why you can’t just list social media manager skills (and what to do instead).
Save hours of work and get a job-winning resume like this. Try our resume builder with 20+ resume templates and create your resume now.
What users say about ResumeLab:
I had an interview yesterday and the first thing they said on the phone was: “Wow! I love your resume.”
I love the variety of templates. Good job guys, keep up the good work!
My previous resume was really weak and I used to spend hours adjusting it in Word. Now, I can introduce any changes within minutes. Absolutely wonderful!
Are you sure you need a resume for social media manager jobs? What about your other marketing talents? See these guides:
- Copywriter Resume Examples
- Digital Marketing Resume Examples
- Event Manager Resume Examples
- Freelance Resume Examples
- Graphic Design Resume Examples
- Manager Resume Examples
- Marketing Resume Examples
- Marketing Director Resume Examples
- Photographer Resume Examples
- Public Relations Resume Examples
- SEO Resume Examples
- Video Editor Resume Examples
- Writer Resume Examples
Haven't found what you're looking for? Check all our professional resume examples.
Social Media Manager Resume Sample You Can Copy and Use
Let's start with a perfect resume for a social media manager:
Social Media Manager
Driven social media manager with 5+ years of experience growing followings for top firms. Seeking to grow Greenfire Reach's engagements massively. At Million Eyeballs , averaged 24% increase in social shares and 30% engagement boost for clients.
Social Media Manager
Million Eyeballs Agency, Mason City, Iowa
- Managed team of 3 social media associates, increasing followers 25%, generating 12+ text, video, and image posts per day.
- Ran contests that generated 500 to 3,500 Facebook shares for clients like the University of Iowa and Casey's General Stores.
- Sourced 700+ images and wrote over 500 captions. Used Photoshop and Illustrator to develop 300+ original designs.
- Actively responded to and answered 1,000+ consumer questions. Increased 1-on-1 engagement with target market 200%.
- Directed social media campaigns that created a 24% increase in social shares and a 30% increase in overall engagement with posts.
Social Media Manager
Chargepath Stores, Mason City, Iowa
- Created and scheduled 50+ social media posts per week in Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other channels.
- Raised audience engagement by 30% in 6 months.
- Optimized posts by testing out content at different times.
- Ran Facebook contest generating 2,000+ shares and 8,000 comments. All 25 stores saw a 20% bump in revenue.
Iowa State University
Conducted senior project that got 3,000 Facebook shares, raising $4,500 for a local animal shelter.
- 2019 - Social Marketing Certificate - Hootsuite
- 2018 - Social Media Certification - Boot Camp Digital
- Maintain 15,000+ Twitter followers and 7,000+ Instagram followers.
- Used Facebook to raise donations 22% for local animal shelter.
Hard Skills: strategy, planning, social campaign management, copywriting, market research
Soft Skills: communication, collaboration, interpersonal skills, creativity
Here’s how to write a social media manager resume that will get you the job:
1. Pick the Best Social Media Manager Resume Format
The truth about social media manager resumes:
You’d never write a 30,000-character Facebook post.
Your resume format makes just as big a difference.
Follow the tips below, and you’ll stand out like King Bach or Amanda Cerny.
Social Media Manager Resume Format
- Add 1-inch resume margins. Use enough white space to relax your readers.
- Select a resume font like 11–14pt Lato or Garamond.
- Write resume sections for Heading, Summary, Experience, Education, and Skills.
- List jobs in reverse-chronological resume order.
- Make a single-page resume length for optimal response.
- Save it in PDF resume form. PDFs work well even on mobile.
Expert Hint: A study by eMarketer shows 90.4% of millennials use social media—by far the biggest demographic. If you’ve had success engaging millennials, show it in your resume for social media manager jobs.
2. Share a Social Media Manager Resume Objective or Summary
A social media manager resume is like a Tweet. Bad ones get ignored.
How can you engage employers instead?
- An adjective (driven, engaging)
- “social media manager”
- Years of experience (1+, 4+)
- Who and how you’ll help (grow Greenfire Reach's engagements...)
- Best social media resume achievements(24% increase in social shares...)
Tip—save it for last. That makes it easy.
See these social media manager resume samples:
Social Media Manager Resume Summary—Example
Break out the hired filter.
The second of those social media manager resume samples is passable. But the numbers and achievements in the first prove social warrior skills.
What if your social media manager experience is still in A/B testing?
See this entry-level resume for social media manager jobs:
Entry-Level Social Media Manager Resume Objective
The second of those entry-level social media manager resume examples works okay.
They don’t want an “okay” social media manager.
The ResumeLab builder is more than looks. Get specific content to boost your chances of getting the job. Add job descriptions, bullet points, and skills. Easy. Improve your resume in our resume builder now.
Nail it all with a splash of color, choose a clean font, and highlight your skills in just a few clicks. You're the perfect candidate, and we'll prove it. Use our resume builder now.
3. Balance Your Social Media Manager Job Description and Skills Section
What social media manager skills go well in resumes?
See this list:
Social Media Manager Resume Skills
- Marketing Analytics
- Campaign Planning
- Content Creation
- Audience Identification
- Post Optimization
- Consumer Engagement
- Interpersonal Skills
- Time Management
- Problem Solving
- Detail Oriented
- Analytical Thinking
- Positive Attitude
If you want more, here is a complete list of marketing skills.
But stop a second.
Don’t spam them all into your resume work experience section.
Instead—customize each resume you send.
See these social media manager resume samples:
The job wants skills in video, contests, Photoshop, and answering consumer questions.
Social Media Manager Job Description for a Resume [Sample]
The second of those social media manager resume examples is easy. But the first will make employers see you in the job.
Do it like that and you’ll vibe like Huda Kattan on the job hunt.
What if your social media manager story is just starting?
Get achievements for an entry-level resume from non-SMM jobs.
See these social media manager resume examples with no experience:
The job wants proficiency in Instagram, post optimization, and Facebook contests.
Entry-Level Social Media Manager Resume Job Description [Sample]
Do it like the first of those social media manager resume samples to make an impression.
Expert Hint: A study from the Pew Research Center shows 68% of all Americans use Facebook and 73% use YouTube. Highlight those in your resume for social media manager positions. But—if you’re targeting younger audiences, don’t miss Instagram, Pinterest, and Snapchat.
4. Get ROI from Your Education Section
Hey, you don’t need college in a resume for social media managers.
You don’t need to write Facebook posts either. But a good one can get lots of shares.
It’s the same with the education section of your resume.
Optimize it like this social media manager resume sample:
Social Media Manager Resume Example—Education
That social media marketing manager resume proves skills. It’ll stand out like JetBlue against the other resumes.
5. Add Special Sections to Your Social Media Manager Resume
Here comes the finish line.
Before you send in your social media manager resume—
Boost your wow factor.
The marketing manager wants to know you’re a great employee.
Show that by including one of these:
- Certifications (Hootsuite, Udacity, etc.)
- Groups or associations
- Freelance work
- Volunteer work
- Media mentions
- Foreign languages
- Additional activities
See these social media manager resume examples:
Social Media Manager Resume—Other Sections
The first of those social media manager resume samples isn’t just filling the form.
Expert Hint: Write a cover letter for your resume for social media manager jobs. Just like with a great social post, engage the hiring team by making it about the reader.
Haven't written a cover letter yet? See these related guides:
- Digital Marketing Cover Letter
- Marketing Manager Cover Letter
- Journalism Cover Letter
- Marketing Cover Letter
Double your impact with a matching resume and cover letter combo. Use our cover letter generator and make your application documents pop out.
Want to try a different look? There's 21 more. A single click will give your document a total makeover. Pick a cover letter template here.
Here’s how to write a social media manager resume:
- Begin with a great social media manager resume template. Customize it with peak moments from your social media career.
- Include social media manager skills like Hootsuite or marketing strategy. But—use your experience section to show you’ve used them.
- Write a social media manager resume objective like a highlights reel of your best social marketing moments.
- Add special resume sections with even more social media manager achievements.
About ResumeLab’s Editorial Process
At ResumeLab, quality is at the crux of our values, supporting our commitment to delivering top-notch career resources. The editorial team of career experts carefully reviews every article in accordance with editorial guidelines, ensuring the high quality and reliability of our content. We actively conduct original research, shedding light on the job market's intricacies and earning recognition from numerous influential news outlets. Our dedication to delivering expert career advice attracts millions of readers to our blog each year.
Frequently Asked Questions about Social Media Manager Resume
How to become a social media manager with no experience?
If you’re an aspiring social media manager, you can fast-track your career by involving yourself in various activities. Here’s a list of things you can do to develop in the social media field:
- Consider enrolling in studies and courses.
- Run your own social media channels and track results.
- Test tools dedicated to social media management on your own.
- Expand your network and make inspiring connections.
- Volunteer for smaller brands and organizations.
- Start with your very first freelancing experience.
Once you gain relevant experience, create a resume for the first job or a career change resume that lists your achievements. You can also tweak your LinkedIn profile to increase the chances headhunters spot you.
What should a social media manager put on a resume?
When creating a social media resume, applicants should emphasize their work experience and the measurable results they achieved. Their accomplishments should be followed by relevant skills, education, coursework, and additional sections like awards and interests that fit a particular resume. They can also link to their social media profiles to prove their expertise. An excellent social media manager's resume starts with a captivating resume profile that gives a glimpse of the candidate’s experience, skills, and attitude. It also uses action words that make it sound more confident and dynamic.
What is the role of a social media manager on a resume?
A social media manager plans, adjusts, and measures the outcomes of social media strategies implemented for various social media channels. A successful social media resume lists a variety of duties, including planning and executing a social media calendar, tracking the performance of social media channels, and running paid campaigns. It also includes building relationships with audiences and chasing social media trends. For a resume that hits an employer, a candidate needs to follow the best practices for summarizing resume qualifications.
What are social media management skills?
Social media management skills include hard and soft skills indispensable to thrive in this profession. A list of social media skills includes:
- Research: considering best practices, analyzing target audiences, competitors’ activities, and trends
- Strategic skills: planning content for assorted channels and specific target audiences
- Project management: handling a list of topics simultaneously and staying effective
- Analytics: tracking organic and paid social media results and drawing conclusions from taken actions
- Creativity: creating the content for social media posts and outsourcing projects if needed
- Leadership skills: supervising the work of other team members and providing valuable feedback
- Communication: maintaining positive relationships with customers and followers
- Flexibility: staying up-to-date on new social media formats and solutions
Above all, a great social media manager possesses top-notch management skills, which are extremely important for driving the company’s goals and the team’s objectives.
Got questions on how to write good resumes for social media manager jobs? Not sure how to put social media manager on a resume? Leave a comment. We’ll be happy to reply!