Writing a resume is hard work, but with our best resume tips and advice, it's a piece of cake. Here are over 50 of our professional resume dos and don'ts, along with resume mistakes to avoid.
Here comes a brand ambassador resume that’ll get you fat commissions fast.
But think about this—
Without you, sales will falter.
You pump up interest. Lead the conversation.
But you can’t do that unless the marketing team hires you.
Don’t sweat it. You can make it happen with a tiny bit of elbow grease.
In this guide:
- A brand ambassador resume sample better than most.
- How to write a brand ambassador resume that turns heads.
- How to make a brand ambassador job description for resumes they’ll respect.
- Why you can’t just list brand ambassador skills (and what to do instead).
Create a job-winning resume with little effort. Hack your way through ATS software with our 18 beautiful templates—give our builder a try!
Create my resume now
Brand Ambassador Resume Sample You Can Copy and Use
Engaging brand ambassador with 2 years of experience raising awareness for top brands like Sony and Microsoft. Seeking to drive brand loyalty for customers at Zane-Naylor. At CB&P, raised sales 20% in 2 months through TV and radio appearances.
Capital Brands & Promotions, Washington, D.C.
- Increased CRM metrics by 15%+ for all brands & products annually. Facilitated 18% jump in company revenue in 1 year.
- Launched 5 new products across multiple platforms and created social media content that generated hundreds of thousands of engagements.
- Collaborated with sales and customer service teams to create an excellent buying experience. Result: 21% boost in customer ratings.
- Wrote 20+ press releases. 10 were used in blog articles.
- Raised sales by 20% in 2 months by creating and implementing 3 TV appearances and 2 radio appearances.
- Promoted brand awareness for clients like Adobe, Sony, Disney, Microsoft, and Apple, driving $200K+ of annual sales.
Customer Service Agent
Yellow Orange Tours, Washington, D.C.
- Used extensive product knowledge to share key brand points with call-in customers. Result: 30% jump in brand favorability in exit surveys.
- Wrote 50+ internal memos improving team brand knowledge.
Portrayed company in positive light to media. Interview led to 20+ independent blog articles and a 6% brand awareness jump.
BA Business Administration
West Virginia State University
- Excelled in marketing and marketing strategy classes.
- Completed senior project in branding written up in Get Elastic.
2019 — 10 Ways to Raise Brand Awareness published in FastCompany
2018 — Guide to press releases appeared in Duct Tape Marketing
- Spoke with media about local animal shelter, raising donations 25%.
- Wrote 200+ social media posts to raise breast cancer awareness.
Hard Skills: TV & radio, product demonstrations, expense reporting, computer skills
Soft Skills: interpersonal skills, friendliness, communication, time management
Are you something other than a brand ambassador? Stretch your skills and see these guides:
- Marketing (General) Resume Sample & Guide
- Esthetician Resume Sample & Guide
- Makeup Artist Resume Sample & Guide
- Public Relations Resume Sample & Guide
- Marketing Manager Resume Sample & Guide
- Social Media Manager Resume Sample & Guide
- Sales Representative Resume Sample & Guide
Here’s how to write a brand ambassador resume that sells:
1. Use the Best Brand Ambassador Resume Format
They won’t hire a brand ambassador who doesn’t understand promotions.
Your brand ambassador resume is a promotion for your job search.
So pay close attention to how you format your resume.
Follow these tips:
Brand Ambassador Resume Format
- Start with 1-inch margins and lots of white space.
- Select a resume font like 11–14pt Garamond or Noto.
- Make resume sections for Heading, Summary, Experience, Education, and Skills.
- Put your work history in reverse-chronological order.
- Keep a 1-page limit on your resume length.
- Save a PDF resume so your layout stays crisp.
Expert Hint: Research shows job satisfaction significantly impacts brand ambassador performance. If you’re passionate about your career, show it in your resume for brand ambassador jobs.
2. Make a Brand Ambassador Resume Objective or Summary
Most marketing departments spend 6 seconds reading each resume.
So make a splash fast.
- An adjective (cheerful, enthusiastic)
- “brand ambassador”
- Years of experience (1+, 4+)
- How and who you’ll help (drive brand loyalty for customers at Zane-Naylor)
- Best brand ambassador moments (raised sales 20%...)
Save it for the end to make it easy.
See these promotional brand ambassador resume examples:
Brand Ambassador Resume Summary—Example
The second of those brand ambassador resume samples isn’t bad. But the first uses numbers to prove its points.
Write a resume summary like that, and you’ll skyrocket up into Kendall Jenner land.
But what if your brand ambassador experience is skinnier than Kind bars?
See this entry-level resume for brand ambassador jobs:
Entry-Level Brand Ambassador Resume Objective
The first of those entry-level brand ambassador resume examples has experience.
They’re both written about the same applicant.
Go thou and do likewise.
Expert Hint: A study from Purdue University found ethics is vital for companies that hire brand ambassadors. Can you prove ethics in a resume for brand ambassador jobs? You can if you’ve received awards, accolades, or management kudos for ethical behavior.
3. Target Your Brand Ambassador Job Description and Skills Section
What brand ambassador skills go best on resumes?
See this list:
Brand Ambassador Skills for Resumes
TV & Radio
Social Media Following
But just a second.
A brand ambassador job is like a customer. Each one is different.
You can’t splatter the same resume on 100 jobs.
Without them, you won’t have the best resume keywords.
See these brand ambassador resume samples to get it right:
The job in the example needs skills in product launches, collaboration, writing, and TV & radio appearances.
Brand Ambassador Job Description for a Resume [Sample]
Not even close.
The second of those brand ambassador resume examples doesn’t say how well you did your job. Worse, it uses the wrong skills.
Are you just launching your brand ambassador career?
Don’t fret. In an entry-level resume, use brand ambassador achievements from non-branding jobs.
See these brand ambassador resume examples with no experience:
Our target job wants product knowledge, writing, and speaking skills.
Entry-Level Brand Ambassador Resume Job Description [Sample]
The second of those brand ambassador resume samples uses numbers. That’s great!
It targets random skills.
Expert Hint: A study in the Journal of Destination Marketing & Management found lack of teamwork between ambassadors and managers causes waste. If you’ve got teamwork accomplishments lurking in your past, list them in your resume for brand ambassador jobs.
4. Write a Skills-Based Education Section
Want a tip to get your branding resume noticed?
Customize your education section.
After you list your degree and school—
Add a few big wins from your school years.
This alcohol brand ambassador resume sample shows how:
Brand Ambassador Resume Example—Education
5. Add Special Sections to Your Brand Ambassador Resume
We’re just about there.
But before you fire off that application—
Let’s put the perfect final touch on your resume for brand ambassador jobs.
Have you done anything outside work that shows off branding skills?
Maybe you’ve run fundraisers or written articles?
Consider these additional sections:
- Foreign languages
- Additional activities
See these brand ambassador resume examples:
Brand Ambassador Resume—Other Sections
That first liquor brand ambassador resume sample locks in the interview. Clearly, promotional talent courses through your veins.
Expert Hint: Write a cover letter for your resume for brand ambassador jobs. You’re the brand here, but you’ll get more fans if you stick with why you love the company.
Here’s how to write a brand ambassador resume:
- Lead off with our brand ambassador resume template. Add branding achievements from your work history.
- Write a brand ambassador resume objective chock full of your best attributes.
- List brand ambassador skills like public speaking or communication. But—use your bullet points to show you nailed them.
- Add “extra” resume sections with brand ambassador accomplishments that don’t fit under education or experience.
Got questions on how to write good resumes for brand ambassador jobs? Not sure how to put brand ambassador on a resume? Leave a comment. We’ll be happy to reply!