How to show achievements on resumes that make the boss take notice. What achievements, honors and awards to put on resumes, with examples and expert tips.
Too many Salesforce admins don’t practice what they preach:
They know how to set things up just right—
To take customers from “potential” to “return”.
Their Salesforce admin resumes only take hiring managers from “uninterested” to “looking elsewhere”.
Make sure your Salesforce admin resume carries your application through to the interview stage and beyond.
In this guide:
- A Salesforce admin resume example better than most.
- How to create the perfect Salesforce admin job description for resumes.
- How to write a resume for Salesforce admin jobs that stands out.
- Expert tips and examples to boost your chances of landing a Salesforce admin job.
Save hours of work and get a job-winning resume like this. Try our resume builder for free. Start by choosing a resume template.
What users say about ResumeLab:
I had an interview yesterday and the first thing they said on the phone was: “Wow! I love your resume.”
I love the variety of templates. Good job guys, keep up the good work!
My previous resume was really weak and I used to spend hours adjusting it in Word. Now, I can introduce any changes within minutes. Absolutely wonderful!
Looking to put your business or marketing skills to use in another capacity? Changing careers or transitioning from a career in the military? Check out our guides:
- Business Analyst Resume Sample and Skills
- Business Manager Resume Sample and Skills
- Career Change Resume Sample and Skills
- Consultant Resume Sample and Skills
- Data Analyst Resume Sample and Skills
- Digital Marketing Resume Sample and Skills
- Entry-Level Business Analyst Resume Sample and Skills
- Entry-Level Resume Sample and Skills
- IT Resume Sample and Skills
- Manager Resume Sample and Skills
- Marketing Resume Sample and Skills
- Military to Civilian Resume Sample and Skills
- Salesforce Resume Sample and Skills
- Social Media Resume Sample and Skills
- System Admin Resume Sample and Skills
- Technical Support Resume Sample and Skills
- Technical Writer Resume Sample and Skills
Salesforce Admin Resume Example
Creative Salesforce admin with 5+ years’ experience, skilled in novel process automation. Seeking to provide excellent Salesforce support at Company ABC. At Rush, increased daily lead count by 20% while reducing cost per lead by 5–10% and implemented email program to reach 300+ potential customers and revive 100+ inactive leads per month.
Rush, Los Angeles, CA
April 2017– January 2022
- Created lead generation programs to increase daily lead count by 20% while reducing cost per lead by 5–10%.
- Implemented multi-tiered email program to reach 300+ potential customers and revive 100+ inactive leads per month.
- Updated and maintained 20+ custom Salesforce applications including a custom CPQ tool and product booking tool.
- Supported 120+ internal users of Sales, Service, and Marketing Clouds.
ConnectUS, Los Angeles, CA
December 2015– February 2017
- Created 40+ Workflows and Approvals processes.
- Configured 30+ SFDC Dashboards and custom reports.
- Wrote 17 Apex Triggers to automate sales processes.
- Managed the development of 10+ websites for Rush's ancillary services division.
BS in Business Administration
Cal State, Los Angeles, CA
- Pursued a passion for marketing coursework.
- Graduated with a 3.7 GPA.
- Security Specialist Superbadge, Trailhead, 2019
- Process Automation Specialist Superbadge, Trailhead, 2017
- Salesforce Certified Administrator, 2016
- English – native speaker
- French – proficient
- Customer service
- Project management
- Data management
- Marketing cloud
- Process automation
Now here’s how to write a Salesforce admin resume they’ll love:
1. Choose the Right Salesforce Admin Resume Format
Salesforce admins might be in high demand—
But so are the best Salesforce admin jobs.
Hiring managers in the best companies have plenty of resumes to choose from—
If yours looks off or is a hassle to deal with, then you’re out of the running.
Make sure your resume formatting template is exactly what they’re looking for. Here’s how:
Salesforce Admin Resume Format
- Use the reverse-chronological resume format (also called the chronological one) to show your most recent stuff first.
- When it comes to resume font type and its size, go with a subtle resume font like a Noto in 11–12 pt.
- Lock your resume margins in at one inch all round and don’t crowd the page.
- How long can a resume be? Send in a one-page resumeunless you’ve been with Salesforce since it started.
- Include at least these sections: Resume Header, Summary, Experience, Education, and Skills.
Now, which resume file format should you pick? PDF or Word?
In most cases, a PDF resume is your safest option because your resume formatting will look the same on any device.
Make sure you're actually submitting an ATS resume. That is, a machine-readable resume that can be parsed by the specific ATS software used by your dream employer.
And some ATSs just can't read PDF files.
In this case, the job ad will contain a request that resumes should be submitted as Word files. Unless you want your resume to be rejected, always respect the employer's wishes regarding resume file formats!
2. Start With an Attention-Grabbing Salesforce Admin Resume Profile
To compete for the best Salesforce admin jobs—
Make it clear from the outset what value you can bring to the company.
That’s what your resume profile is for—
And it can take one of two forms:
Got a year or more of Salesforce admin experience?
Then make your resume profile a resume summary. It’ll let you leverage your experience to the max.
- One adjective (efficient, dedicated, creative)
- Job title (Salesforce Admin, Salesforce Administrator)
- Years of experience (3+, 7+)
- How you’ll help (provide excellent CRM support using the Salesforce platform)
- Two or three of your most relevant achievements (supported 120+ internal users of Sales, Service, and Marketing Clouds, wrote 17 Apex Triggers to automate sales processes)
These senior Salesforce admin resume examples show how:
Salesforce Admin Resume Samples—Resume Summary
No contest, right?
The first Salesforce admin resume sample blazes ahead by focusing on what the candidate can do for the company and putting numbers to the value they brought to their previous employer.
Writing an entry-level Salesforce admin resume with no experience?
Then use a resume objective for your resume profile. It’ll let you talk up achievements from non-Salesforce jobs if need be.
Salesforce Admin Resume With No Experience Samples—Resume Objective
The first of the above junior Salesforce admin resume samples wins out by putting numbers to concrete achievements and being all about what you can do for your potential employer.
Struggling to get your summary of qualifications just so?
Write it last—
It’s all downhill once you have your job descriptions and skills section done.
3. Write Effective Salesforce Admin Job Description and Skills Sections
Convince them of what you’ve got to offer—
By describing what you were able to bring to employers in the past.
And hiring managers know it.
Make your resume job description section a showcase of achievements.
How to write a job description for Salesforce admins:
- Re-read the job ad.
- Identify the Salesforce admin skills and duties therein.
- Think of times you’ve used those skills to bring real value to your employer.
- Create resume bullet points that quantify that value.
These Salesforce admin resume examples show how:
Salesforce Admin Job Description for a Resume
The first example describes the same achievements as the second one—
But it’s far more impressive for putting numbers to those achievements.
Newly certified and writing an entry-level Salesforce admin resume?
Lean on relevant achievements from non-Salesforce jobs.
One more thing:
You need to put together a resume skills section.
But heads up:
More is definitely not better when it comes to adding skills to your Salesforce admin resume—
Aim to cover what’s mentioned and implied in the job ad and not much more besides.
These lists will help you with the wording:
Skills for a Salesforce Admin Resume
- Customer service
- Project management
- Data management
- Marketing cloud
- Process automation
- Gathering business requirements
- Sales cloud
- Business processes
- Service cloud
- Generating reports and dashboards
- Problem solving
- Time management
- Critical thinking skills
- Attention to detail
- Interpersonal skills
- Administrative skills
The ResumeLab builder is more than looks. Get specific content to boost your chances of getting the job. Add job descriptions, bullet points, and skills. Easy. Improve your resume in our resume builder now.
Nail it all with a splash of color, choose a clean font, and highlight your skills in just a few clicks. You're the perfect candidate, and we'll prove it. Use our resume builder now.
4. Turn Meh Education Into a Reason to Hire You
There are many misconceptions surrounding what it takes to be a Salesforce admin—
You don’t need an MBA, you don’t need sales skills, you don’t have to be a programmer.
The only strict requirement is that you know your way around the Salesforce platform.
But this doesn’t mean that your education can’t make all the difference, whatever it is.
Degrees, schools, and graduation dates.
Add a couple of bullet points that speak to key skills.
This Salesforce admin resume example shows how:
Salesforce Admin Resume Sample—Education Section
Short on Salesforce admin experience?
Expand your education section to include projects, classes, and accomplishments that show Salesforce admin skills like business awareness or marketing techniques.
5. Enrich Your Salesforce Admin Resume With Added Sections
Don’t sell yourself short—
By calling it “job done” with only experience, education, and skills sections in your resume.
Add one or two extra sections:
- Additional Activities
- Foreign Languages
- Classes Taken
- Awards on a Resume
- List of Hobbies and Interests
- Professional Resume References
These two Salesforce admin resume examples show yes vs no:
Salesforce Admin Resume Samples—Extra Sections
Night, meet day.
It’s not that there’s anything wrong with mentioning hobbies and interests—
Every single thing you mention in your Salesforce admin resume has to be obviously relevant to the job ad at hand.
One last thing:
Is there an instruction in the job ad telling you not to include a cover letter?
If not, then you’ll have to write one.
Not doing so is a great way to take your Salesforce admin resume out of the running.
Double your impact with a matching resume and cover letter combo. Use our cover letter maker and make your application documents pop out.
Want to try a different look? There’s 18 more. A single click will give your document a total makeover. Pick a cover letter template here.
For a Salesforce admin resume that gets interviews:
- Use the Salesforce admin resume template up top. It’s as clean and clear as the best laid-out dashboards.
- Put Salesforce admin achievementsin your resume profile, work experience, and education sections to show off your past results.
- Choose the right Salesforce admin skills for your resume. The job ad is the only authority that matters here.
- Write a Salesforce admin cover letter. It’s usually not optional and it’s a great opportunity to put your passion for Salesforce on display as you make your case.
Finding these Salesforce admin resume samples kind of confusing? Need some help writing an entry-level Salesforce admin resume? Drop us a line in the comments section.