Choose the right resume format and make sure your resume layout is professional. Check actionable resume formatting tips and resume formats examples & templates.
This entry-level business analyst resume sample can put a happy ending on your user story.
It feels hopeless.
You just got your degree. So did thousands of other analysts.
The winner gets a job, and everyone else works as baristas.
How can you even land the interview?
With a targeted business analyst resume for freshers that shows you’re the best SME on offer.
It’s not hard. Just put a structured spotlight on your schooling.
In this guide:
- An entry-level business analyst resume example better than most.
- How to write a Shingo-worthy resume that gets you hired.
- How to target your entry-level business analyst job description.
- Why you can’t just list entry-level business analyst skills (and what to do instead).
Save hours of work and get a resume like this. Pick a template, fill it in. Quick and easy. Choose from 18+ resume templates and download your resume now.
What users say about ResumeLab:
I had an interview yesterday and the first thing they said on the phone was: “Wow! I love your resume.”
I love the variety of templates. Good job guys, keep up the good work!
My previous resume was really weak and I used to spend hours adjusting it in Word. Now, I can introduce any changes within minutes. Absolutely wonderful!
Sample Entry-Level Business Analyst Resume You Can Copy and Use
Insightful entry-level business analyst with skills in financial modeling and AWS. Excited to deliver profitable insights at WCS. As MBA student at University of Miami, used financial modeling and guided team of 5 to raise $5,000 for local animal shelter.
University of Miami
Marketing and Sales Project
- Conducted senior project in market segmentation, branding, and promotion that raised $5,000 for the Broward County Animal Shelter.
- Awarded the Catherine L. Gallardo scholarship for charity work.
- Conducted rigorous financial modeling to find best project path.
- Recruited and managed team of 5 students and community members to implement project strategy.
President, Student Economics Club
- Led energetic group of 30+ engaged business students to analyze business trends and build lasting relationships.
- Supported and organized 10+ club events such as forums to discuss valuation, strategy, capital markets, and venture capitalism.
Pursued Educational Excellence
- Excelled in accounting, macroeconomics, marketing, and statistics.
- Admitted into Masters Scholar program for academic excellence.
BS Business Administration
Florida State University
- Vice President, Association for Business Communication.
- Completed 6-credit senior project in financial modeling.
- ECBA, IIBA
- AWS Certified
- Chased rafts down Class V rivers daily to create and sell trip videos.
- Redesigned pricing scheme to reap 40% more revenue than average.
Volunteer Driver, Broward County Animal Shelter
- Drove vanloads of 50+ cats and dogs per month to rescues.
- Analyzed & restructured loading to fit 20% more animals per trip.
Eagle Scout, BSA
- Recognized for work ethic and interpersonal skills.
- Completed Eagle project that raised $4,300 for disabled in Ghana.
Hard Skills: financial modeling, future state assessment, gap analysis, Microsoft BI Suite, Amazon Web Services
Soft Skills: interpersonal skills, communication, attention to detail, work ethic
Is an entry-level business analyst resume the right pick? See our guides:
- Business Analyst Resume Sample & Guide
- Financial Analyst Resume Sample & Guide
- Data Analyst Resume Sample & Guide
- Data Scientist Resume Sample & Guide
Here’s how to write a job-devouring entry-level business analyst resume:
1. Choose the Best Entry-Level Business Analyst Resume Format
Which entry-level business analyst resume format works?
Choose the reverse-chronological resume format.
It puts your most Deming-worthy accomplishments up top.
Use these resume format guidelines:
Entry-Level Business Analyst Resume Format
- Make a 1–page resume for entry-level business analyst jobs.
- Set 1-inch margins.
- Write with a resume font like 11–14pt Garamond or Arial.
- For clarity, add white space.
- Create resume sections for Heading, Summary, Education, and Skills.
Expert Hint: PDF resumes work best because they’re easily accessible on all devices, including desktop, tablet, mobile, and ATS hiring software. That means your business analyst resume for freshers will get attention faster.
2. Write an Entry-Level Business Analyst Resume Objective or Summary
Most hiring teams figure beginner business analysts are all alike.
They’ll flip through a stack of entry-level business analyst resumes in minutes.
Your mission? Wow them with a BABOK-busting career objective statement.
- An adjective (exacting, insightful)
- “Business analyst”
- What you’ll do and who for (deliver profitable insights at WCS)
- Best resume achievements(used financial modeling and guided team of 5 to raise donations 50% for local animal shelter...)
See these entry-level business analyst resume examples:
Entry-Level Business Analyst Resume Objective—Example
The second of those business analyst resume for freshers samples just says “can do.”
The first loads proof like a real-world leadership project, with numbers.
Expert Hint: Make your entry-level business analyst resume objective the last task on your list. Write it as a summary of your resume’s best moments.
3. Make Your Education Matter in an Entry-Level Business Analyst Resume
Your education in an entry-level business analyst resume is your experience.
Don’t make this fatal mistake:
Too many new business analysts list their degree, the name of their school, and start-and-end dates.
Why is that so wrong?
It ignores all the great hands-on experience you built in school.
Instead, model this entry-level business analyst resume sample:
Entry-Level Business Analyst Resume Example—Education
You proved hiring-worthy skills like marketing, financial modeling, and leadership with that entry-level resume with no experience.
4. Choose the Right Skills for an Entry-Level Business Analyst Resume
What skills will sink or swim your entry-level business analyst resume?
Check this resume skills list:
Entry-Level Business Analyst Resume Skills
Financial Modeling & Analysis
Future State Assessment
Business Process Development
Software Skills (AWS, etc.)
Attention to Detail
Prototyping, User Stories
Don’t stack them all in your business analyst resume for freshers. That’s just clutter.
Only a customized resume will get the interview. So, draw resume keywords from the business analyst job description and add them to your resume. Don’t lie, though. List only those skills you possess (hard and soft ones).
The ResumeLab builder is more than looks. Get specific content to boost your chances of getting the job. Add job descriptions, bullet points, and skills. Easy. Improve your resume in our resume builder now.
Nail it all with a splash of color, choose a clean font, highlight your skills in just a few clicks. You’re the perfect candidate and we’ll prove it. Use the ResumeLab builder now.
5. List Experience the Right Way
Great! That’s an extra bonus in an entry-level business analyst resume. So—
Flaunt it like the first of these junior business analyst resume samples:
The job wants skills in process redesign, process analysis, and collaboration.
Entry-Level Business Analyst Job Description for a Resume [Sample]
The second of those entry-level business analyst resume examples just says, “I was a business analyst intern.”
The first shows process redesign, analysis, and collaboration. Can you see the hiring manager nodding?
Numbers like $14 million, 3, and $500,000 make it sing.
Expert Hint: A certification like the Entry Certificate in Business Analysis (ECBA) from IIBA can energize an entry-level business analyst resume. You need 21 professional development hours, but those can be college classes or webinars. You also need to pass a 1-hour test and pay a $60 fee.
6. Add Other Sections for an Effective Entry-Level Business Analyst Resume
Don’t just prove you’re an entry-level business analyst.
They’ve got hundreds of those. They can throw a dart.
You have to stand out like Toyota or they’ll toss your entry-level business analyst resume.
Add extras like:
- Certifications (ECBA, ECBA+, AWS, etc.)
- Associations (IIBA, etc.)
- Additional activities
See these entry-level business analyst resume examples:
Entry-Level Business Analyst Resume—Other Sections
The first of those entry-level business analyst resume samples will blow their hair back.
It scrapes key skills from non-business-analyst jobs and activities.
Expert Hint: Write a cover letter for your entry-level business analyst resume. Show business passion, and a few key points that make you a hirable analyst.
Double your impact with a matching resume and cover letter combo. Use our cover letter builder and make your application documents pop out.
Want to try a different look? There’s 18 more. A single click will give your document a total makeover. Pick a cover letter template here.
Here’s how to write an entry-level business analyst resume:
- Start with an entry-level business analyst resume template. Inform it with your best business moments.
- Add entry-level business analyst skills you find in the job listing online.
- Write an entry-level business analyst resume objective to give a fast overview of why you’ll work out.
- Add other resume sections with an ECBA certification or IIBA membership.
Got questions on how to write good resumes for entry-level business analyst jobs? Want to see more entry-level business analyst resume examples? Leave a comment. We’ll be happy to reply!