Your vocation is to diagnose and alleviate suffering. Let’s heal your doctor CV of any pathologies and give your career a prognosis of success.
This entry-level business analyst CV sample can put a happy ending on your user story.
It feels hopeless.
You just got your degree. So did thousands of other analysts.
The winner gets a job, and everyone else works as baristas.
How can you even land the interview?
With a targeted business analyst CV for freshers that shows you’re the best SME on offer.
It’s not hard. Just put a structured spotlight on your schooling.
In this guide:
- An entry-level business analyst CV example better than most.
- How to write a Shingo-worthy CV that gets you hired.
- How to target your entry-level business analyst job description.
- Why you can’t just list entry-level business analyst skills (and what to do instead).
Save hours of work and get a CV like this. Pick a template, fill it in. Quick and easy. Choose from 18+ CV templates and download your CV now.
What users say about ResumeLab:
I had an interview yesterday and the first thing they said on the phone was: “Wow! I love your CV.”
I love the variety of templates. Good job guys, keep up the good work!
My previous CV was really weak and I used to spend hours adjusting it in Word. Now, I can introduce any changes within minutes. Absolutely wonderful!
Is an entry-level business analyst CV the right pick? See our guides:
- Business Analyst CV Examples
- Financial Analyst CV Examples
- Accounts Receivable CV Examples
- Data Analyst CV Examples
- Data Scientist CV Examples
- Accounting Assistant CV Examples
Haven't found what you're looking for? Check all our CV Examples.
Sample Entry-Level Business Analyst CV You Can Copy and Use
Insightful entry-level business analyst with skills in financial modelling and AWS. Excited to deliver profitable insights at WCS. As MBA student at University of Miami, used financial modelling and guided team of 5 to raise £5,000 for local animal shelter.
University of Miami
Marketing and Sales Project
- Conducted senior project in market segmentation, branding, and promotion that raised £5,000 for the Broward County Animal Shelter.
- Awarded the Catherine L. Gallardo scholarship for charity work.
- Conducted rigorous financial modelling to find best project path.
- Recruited and managed team of 5 students and community members to implement project strategy.
President, Student Economics Club
- Led energetic group of 30+ engaged business students to analyse business trends and build lasting relationships.
- Supported and organised 10+ club events such as forums to discuss valuation, strategy, capital markets, and venture capitalism.
Pursued Educational Excellence
- Excelled in accounting, macroeconomics, marketing, and statistics.
- Admitted into Masters Scholar program for academic excellence.
BS Business Administration
Florida State University
- Vice President, Association for Business Communication.
- Completed 6-credit senior project in financial modelling.
- ECBA, IIBA
- AWS Certified
- Chased rafts down Class V rivers daily to create and sell trip videos.
- Redesigned pricing scheme to reap 40% more revenue than average.
Volunteer Driver, Broward County Animal Shelter
- Drove vanloads of 50+ cats and dogs per month to rescues.
- Analysed & restructured loading to fit 20% more animals per trip.
Eagle Scout, BSA
- Recognised for work ethic and interpersonal skills.
- Completed Eagle project that raised £4,300 for disabled in Ghana.
Hard Skills: financial modelling, future state assessment, gap analysis, Microsoft BI Suite, Amazon Web Services
Soft Skills: interpersonal skills, communication, attention to detail, work ethic
Here’s how to write a job-devouring entry-level business analyst CV:
1. Choose the Best Entry-Level Business Analyst CV Format
Which entry-level business analyst CV format works?
Choose the reverse-chronological CV format.
It puts your most Deming-worthy accomplishments up top.
Use these CV format guidelines:
Entry-Level Business Analyst CV Format
- Make a 1–page CV for entry-level business analyst jobs.
- Set 1-inch margins.
- Write with a CV font like 11–14pt Garamond or Arial.
- For clarity, add white space.
- Create CV sections for Heading, Summary, Education, and Skills.
Expert Hint: PDF CVs work best because they’re easily accessible on all devices, including desktop, tablet, mobile, and ATS hiring software. That means your business analyst CV for freshers will get attention faster.
2. Write an Entry-Level Business Analyst CV Objective or Summary
Most hiring teams figure beginner business analysts are all alike.
They’ll flip through a stack of entry-level business analyst CVs in minutes.
- An adjective (exacting, insightful)
- “Business analyst”
- What you’ll do and who for (deliver profitable insights at WCS)
- Best CV achievements(used financial modelling and guided team of 5 to raise donations 50% for local animal shelter...)
See these entry-level business analyst CV examples:
Entry-Level Business Analyst CV Objective—Example
The second of those business analyst CV for freshers samples just says “can do.”
The first loads proof like a real-world leadership project, with numbers.
Expert Hint: Make your entry-level business analyst CV objective the last task on your list. Write it as a summary of your CV’s best moments.
3. Make Your Education Matter in an Entry-Level Business Analyst CV
Your education in an entry-level business analyst CV is your experience.
Don’t make this fatal mistake:
Too many new business analysts list their degree, the name of their school, and start-and-end dates.
Why is that so wrong?
It ignores all the great hands-on experience you built in school.
Instead, model this entry-level business analyst CV sample:
Entry-Level Business Analyst CV Example—Education
You proved hiring-worthy skills like marketing, financial modelling, and leadership with that entry-level CV with no experience.
4. Choose the Right Skills for an Entry-Level Business Analyst CV
What skills will sink or swim your entry-level business analyst CV?
Check this CV skills list:
Entry-Level Business Analyst CV Skills
Financial Modelling & Analysis
Future State Assessment
Business Process Development
Software Skills (AWS, etc.)
Attention to Detail
Prototyping, User Stories
Don’t stack them all in your business analyst CV for freshers. That’s just clutter.
Only a customised CV will get the interview. So, draw CV keywords from the business analyst job description and add them to your CV. Don’t lie, though. List only those skills you possess (hard and soft ones).
The ResumeLab builder is more than looks. Get specific content to boost your chances of getting the job. Add job descriptions, bullet points, and skills. Easy. Improve your CV in our CV builder now.
Nail it all with a splash of colour, choose a clean font, highlight your skills in just a few clicks. You’re the perfect candidate and we’ll prove it. Use the ResumeLab builder now.
5. List Experience the Right Way
Great! That’s an extra bonus in an entry-level business analyst CV. So—
Flaunt it like the first of these junior business analyst CV samples:
The job wants skills in process redesign, process analysis, and collaboration.
Entry-Level Business Analyst Job Description for a CV [Sample]
The second of those entry-level business analyst CV examples just says, “I was a business analyst intern.”
The first shows process redesign, analysis, and collaboration. Can you see the hiring manager nodding?
Numbers like £14 million, 3, and £500,000 make it sing.
Expert Hint: A certification like the Entry Certificate in Business Analysis (ECBA) from IIBA can energise an entry-level business analyst CV. You need 21 professional development hours, but those can be university classes or webinars. You also need to pass a 1-hour test and pay a £60 fee.
6. Add Other Sections for an Effective Entry-Level Business Analyst CV
Don’t just prove you’re an entry-level business analyst.
They’ve got hundreds of those. They can throw a dart.
You have to stand out like Toyota or they’ll toss your entry-level business analyst CV.
Add extras like:
- Certifications (ECBA, ECBA+, AWS, etc.)
- Associations (IIBA, etc.)
- Additional activities
See these entry-level business analyst CV examples:
Entry-Level Business Analyst CV—Other Sections
The first of those entry-level business analyst CV samples will blow their hair back.
It scrapes key skills from non-business-analyst jobs and activities.
Expert Hint: Write a cover letter for your entry-level business analyst CV. Show business passion, and a few key points that make you a hirable analyst.
Double your impact with a matching CV and cover letter combo. Use our cover letter builder and make your application documents pop out.
Want to try a different look? There’s 18 more. A single click will give your document a total makeover. Pick a cover letter template here.
Here’s how to write an entry-level business analyst CV:
- Start with an entry-level business analyst CV template. Inform it with your best business moments.
- Add entry-level business analyst skills you find in the job listing online.
- Write an entry-level business analyst CV objective to give a fast overview of why you’ll work out.
- Add other CV sections with an ECBA certification or IIBA membership.
- Write a business analyst cover letter to accompany your CV.
Got questions on how to write good CVs for entry-level business analyst jobs? Want to see more entry-level business analyst CV examples? Leave a comment. We’ll be happy to reply!