A student CV template that will land you a first job interview. See an example student CV. Follow expert advice on CV format for student CV.
Here comes a share-worthy social media manager CV sample.
But check the metrics—
There are 200 social media community manager CVs in the hiring team’s files.
Why should they pick you?
The answer? Because you’ll show your social media marketing skills and accomplishments—in the right format.
Follow the steps below and you’ll look like Lele Pons or Zach King.
In this guide:
- A social media manager CV sample better than most.
- How to write a social media marketing manager CV with high relevance.
- How to make a targeted social media manager job description for CVs.
- Why you can’t just list social media manager skills (and what to do instead).
What does a perfect CV for a social media manager look like? See below—
Save hours of work and get a CV like this. Pick a template, fill it in. Quick and easy.
Choose from 18 CV templates and download your CV in minutes.
What users say about ResumeLab:
I had an interview yesterday and the first thing they said on the phone was: “Wow! I love your CV.”
I love the variety of templates. Good job guys, keep up the good work!
My previous CV was really weak and I used to spend hours adjusting it in Word. Now, I can introduce any changes within minutes. Absolutely wonderful!
Social Media Manager CV Sample You Can Copy and Use
Social Media Manager
Driven social media manager with 5+ years of experience growing followings for top firms. Seeking to grow Greenfire Reach's engagements massively. At Million Eyeballs , averaged 24% increase in social shares and 30% engagement boost for clients.
Social Media Manager
Million Eyeballs Agency, Mason City, Iowa
- Managed team of 3 social media associates, increasing followers 25%, generating 12+ text, video, and image posts per day.
- Ran contests that generated 500 to 3,500 Facebook shares for clients like the University of Iowa and Casey's General Stores.
- Sourced 700+ images and wrote over 500 captions. Used Photoshop and Illustrator to develop 300+ original designs.
- Actively responded to and answered 1,000+ consumer questions. Increased 1-on-1 engagement with target market 200%.
- Directed social media campaigns that created a 24% increase in social shares and a 30% increase in overall engagement with posts.
Social Media Manager
Chargepath Stores, Mason City, Iowa
- Created and scheduled 50+ social media posts per week in Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other channels.
- Raised audience engagement by 30% in 6 months.
- Optimised posts by testing out content at different times.
- Ran Facebook contest generating 2,000+ shares and 8,000 comments. All 25 stores saw a 20% bump in revenue.
Iowa State University
Conducted senior project that got 3,000 Facebook shares, raising £4,500 for a local animal shelter.
- 2019 - Social Marketing Certificate - Hootsuite
- 2018 - Social Media Certification - Boot Camp Digital
- Maintain 15,000+ Twitter followers and 7,000+ Instagram followers.
- Used Facebook to raise donations 22% for local animal shelter.
Hard Skills: strategy, planning, social campaign management, copywriting, market research
Soft Skills: communication, collaboration, interpersonal skills, creativity
Are you sure you need a CV for social media manager jobs? What about your other marketing talents? See these guides:
- Marketing CV Sample
- Graphic Design CV Sample
- Video Editor CV Sample
- Photographer CV Sample
- Public Relations CV Sample
- Digital Marketing CV Sample
Haven't found what you're looking for? Check all our professional CV examples.
Here’s how to write a share-worthy social media manager CV:
1. Pick the Best Social Media Manager CV Format
The truth about social media manager CVs:
You’d never write a 30,000-character Facebook post.
Your CV format makes just as big a difference.
Follow the tips below, and you’ll stand out like King Bach or Amanda Cerny.
Social Media Manager CV Format
- Add 1-inch margins. Use enough white space to relax your readers.
- Select a CV font like 11–14pt Lato or Garamond.
- Write CV sections for Heading, Summary, Experience, Education, and Skills.
- List jobs in reverse-chronological CV order.
- Make a single-page CV length for optimal response.
- Save it in PDF CV form. PDFs work well even on mobile.
Expert Hint: A study by eMarketer shows 90.4% of millennials use social media—by far the biggest demographic. If you’ve had success engaging millennials, show it in your CV for social media manager jobs.
2. Share a Social Media Manager CV Objective or Summary
A social media manager CV is like a Tweet. Bad ones get ignored.
How can you engage employers instead?
- An adjective (driven, engaging)
- “social media manager”
- Years of experience (1+, 4+)
- Who and how you’ll help (grow Greenfire Reach's engagements...)
- Best social media CV achievements(24% increase in social shares...)
Tip—save it for last. That makes it easy.
See these social media manager CV examples:
Social Media Manager CV Summary—Example
Break out the hired philtre.
The second of those social media manager CV samples is passable. But the numbers and achievements in the first prove social warrior skills.
What if your social media manager experience is still in A/B testing?
See this entry-level CV for social media manager jobs:
Entry-Level Social Media Manager CV Objective
The second of those entry-level social media manager CV examples works okay.
They don’t want an “okay” social media manager.
Expert Hint: A Statista study shows Instagram use has skyrocketed from 150 million users in 2017 to 500 million two years later. Have you grown an Instagram following? Show off the stats in your CV for social media manager positions.
3. Balance Your Social Media Manager Job Description and Skills Section
What social media manager skills go well in CVs?
See this list:
Social Media Manager CV Skills
But stop a second.
Don’t spam them all into your CV work experience section.
Instead—customise each CV you send.
See these social media manager CV samples:
The job wants skills in video, contests, Photoshop, and answering consumer questions.
Social Media Manager Job Description for a CV [Sample]
The second of those social media manager CV examples is easy. But the first will make employers see you in the job.
Do it like that and you’ll vibe like Huda Kattan on the job hunt.
What if your social media manager story is just starting?
Get achievements for an entry-level CV from non-SMM jobs.
See these social media manager CV examples with no experience:
The job wants proficiency in Instagram, post optimization, and Facebook contests.
Entry-Level Social Media Manager CV Job Description [Sample]
Do it like the first of those social media manager CV samples to make an impression.
Expert Hint: A study from the Pew Research Centre shows 68% of all Americans use Facebook and 73% use YouTube. Highlight those in your CV for social media manager positions. But—if you’re targeting younger audiences, don’t miss Instagram, Pinterest, and Snapchat.
4. Get ROI from Your Education Section
Hey, you don’t need university in a CV for social media managers.
You don’t need to write Facebook posts either. But a good one can get lots of shares.
It’s the same with the education section of your CV.
Optimise it like this social media manager CV sample:
Social Media Manager CV Example—Education
That social media marketing manager CV proves skills. It’ll stand out like JetBlue against the other CVs.
5. Add Special Sections to Your Social Media Manager CV
Here comes the finish line.
Before you send in your social media manager CV—
Boost your wow factor.
The marketing manager wants to know you’re a great employee.
Show that by including one of these:
- Certifications (Hootsuite, Udacity, etc.)
- Groups or associations
- Freelance work
- Volunteer work
- Media mentions
- Foreign languages
- Additional activities
See these social media manager CV examples:
Social Media Manager CV—Other Sections
The first of those social media manager CV samples isn’t just filling the form.
Expert Hint: Write a cover letter for your CV for social media manager jobs. Just like with a great social post, engage the hiring team by making it about the reader.
Here’s how to write a social media manager CV:
- Begin with a great social media manager CV template. Customise it with peak moments from your social media career.
- Include social media manager skills like Hootsuite or marketing strategy. But—use your experience section to show you’ve used them.
- Write a social media manager CV objective like a highlights reel of your best social marketing moments.
- Add special CV sections with even more social media manager achievements.
Got questions on how to write good CVs for social media manager jobs? Not sure how to put social media manager on a CV? Leave a comment. We’ll be happy to reply!