A cover letter can make or break your entire job application. Discover how to write a cover letter that will impress any recruiter.
Abstract: iOS developers rewrite and create applications for Apple’s iPhone and iPod Touch lines of products. The purpose of your iOS developer resume is to show that your mastery of Swift is matched only by your commitment to producing quality work as part of a team.
iOS developers who ace UI design in their apps—
Too often drop the ball when it comes to the UX of their resumes.
Don’t let your resume game let you down:
Make every word and every ounce of formatting say—
This is someone whose apps we want to see.
Because a great portfolio is nothing if nobody sees it.
Make your iOS developer resume as good as your apps.
In this guide:
- An iOS developer resume sample better than most.
- How to create the perfect iOS developer job descriptions.
- How to write a resume for iOS developer jobs that stands out.
- Expert tips and examples to boost your chances of landing an iOS developer job.
Save hours of work and get a job-winning resume like this. Try our resume builder with 20+ resume templates and create your resume now.
What users say about ResumeLab:
I had an interview yesterday and the first thing they said on the phone was: “Wow! I love your resume.”
I love the variety of templates. Good job guys, keep up the good work!
My previous resume was really weak and I used to spend hours adjusting it in Word. Now, I can introduce any changes within minutes. Absolutely wonderful!
Need a different kind of IT resume, or maybe something else? See our guides:
- Android Developer Resume
- .NET Developer Resume
- Entry Level Software Engineer Resume
- SQL Developer Resume
- System Administrator Resume
- Technical Support Resume
- UX Designer Resume
- Computer Science (CS) Resume
- Cyber Security Resume
- DevOps Resume Sample
- Front-End Developer Resume
- Full Stack Developer Resume
- IT Project Manager Resume
- Java Developer Resume
- Programmer Resume
- Scrum Master Resume
- Software Engineer Resume
- Web Designer Resume
- Web Developer Resume
- Project Coordinator Resume
- Resume Examples for Every Job
iOS Developer Resume Sample
John J. Sanders
Resourceful iOS developer with 5+ years’ experience working on a wide range of apps and backends. At ABC Company, engineered 100+ custom animations, transitions, and UI components that will save the company up to $10,000 per year and successfully launched 43 apps in over 20 countries. Seeking to apply proven Swift skills and eye for monetization opportunities to help Xiang Xiu Games climb in the rankings.
ABC Company, Los Angeles, CA
- Engineered 100+ custom animations, transitions, and UI components that will save the company up to $10,000 per year.
- Updated 17 company apps for iOS 15, preventing the loss of $23,000+ in the first three months after launch.
- Developed and shipped a complete convenience app with a lucrative ad-serving backend in 30 days.
- Completely rewrote exercise app core to allow for 80% more new functionality in future versions.
- Successfully launched 43 apps in over 20 countries.
Software Developer (iOS)
Acme Tech, Los Angeles, CA
Aug 2017–Feb 2019
- Published "Coz It Sez", which now has a user base of 1M+ and has been in the top 100 for 10+ months.
- Created 11 applications that interact with RESTful services and backends.
- Coded GCD-based audio and video service that increased the user base from 90,000 to 130,000+.
- Developed an inside-out compression algorithm that achieved a Weissman Score of 5,230 and is written entirely in Swift.
BS in Computer Science
University of Iowa, IA
- Pursued a passion for Psychology of Language coursework.
- Maintained a 3.93 GPA.
- iOS SDK
- Data collection
- API integration
- Agile development
- Time management
- App Development with Swift Certified User, 2014
- App Development with Swift Associate, 2012
- Norwegian – Advanced
- Icelandic – Communicative
Now here’s how to write an iOS developer resume they’ll love:
1. Select the Right iOS Developer Resume Format
You download a new app—
Open it up and are greeted with a UI so bad it makes your teeth hurt.
Make your resume format clean, inviting, and confidence-inspiring:
iOS Developer Resume Format
- Use the chronological resume format—it’s what HR expects to see.
- Pick a good resume font like Noto or Helvetica in 11–12 pt.
- Set your resume margins to one inch all round and don’t crowd the page.
- In case you’re not sure how many pages should a resume be: submit a one-page resume. Choose a two-page resume only if you’re extremely experienced.
- Include these resume sections: Clear resume header, Summary, Experience, Education, Skills, and “Extra” sections. Don’t get “brave” and start cutting critical features out of your resume.
Clearly, PDF is a better way to go than *.docx when it comes to sharing read-only documents.
Consider that some companies use Applicant Tracking Systems (ATSs) that can’t handle PDF too well.
Always check what formats are supported before sending, and make sure to submit an ATS resume.
2. Write an Attention-Grabbing iOS Developer Resume Profile
First impressions count—
For apps and for resumes.
Your resume profile statement is like a set of screenshots, a trailer, and a description in one.
Got some formal experience and a decent portfolio?
Launch with a resume summary and play to your achievements.
- One adjective (efficient, creative, detail-oriented)
- Job title (iOS App Developer, iOS Developer)
- Years of experience (4+, 5+)
- How you’ll help (increase development efficiency through Agile methods)
- Two of three of your shiniest achievements (developed three top-100 apps, engineered a 34% more effective method for user data leveraging)
These iOS developer resume summary statement examples show how:
iOS Developer Resume Examples—Summary
Who would you choose?
The first example is focused on hard facts backed up with hard numbers—
You can see for yourself how well that works.
What if you don’t have enough iOS development experience?
Lead with a resume objective instead.
Talk up achievements from freelance and volunteer work, jobs that aren’t directly related, and your studies.
Let’s see it in action—here are a couple of resume objective statement examples:
Entry Level iOS Developer Resume Examples—Objective
Apart from being concrete—
The first example is focused on what the candidate can do for the company, not the other way around.
Feel like your brain just got a performance-crushing OS update pushed to it?
There’s an easy fix:
Write your resume profile last.
It’s both easier and more effective.
3. Create the Perfect Job Description and Skills Sections for Your iOS Developer Resume
Talking the talk is important—
Walking the walk is how you seal the deal.
Make your resume work history section a showcase of achievements.
How to write job descriptions for iOS developers:
- Take a minute to re-read the job ad.
- Zoom in on the iOS developer skills and duties mentioned there.
- Think of times those skills have allowed you to wow employers.
- Write resume bullet points to describe and quantify those times.
These iOS app developer resume examples show how:
Job Descriptions for an iOS App Developer Resume
Both examples nail the use of resume power words—
But the first one pulls ahead with its concrete and quantified career achievements.
There’s one more thing for you to do here:
Write a resume skills section.
Go for quality over quantity—
And, more than that:
Include the bare minimum of iOS developer skills, enough to cover what the job ad requires and not too much more besides.
Skills for an iOS App Developer Resume
- iOS SDK
- Data collection
- API integration
- RESTful APIs
- Agile development
- Organizational skills
- Detail orientation
- Analytical skills
- Critical thinking
- Time management
The ResumeLab builder is more than looks. Get specific content to boost your chances of getting the job. Add job descriptions, bullet points, and skills. Easy. Improve your resume in our resume builder now.
Nail it all with a splash of color, choose a clean font, and highlight your skills in just a few clicks. You’re the perfect candidate, and we’ll prove it. Use our resume builder now.
4. Turn Your Education Into a Reason to Hire You
Treat your education with the respect it deserves—
It’s the result of your time, effort, and financial investment.
Your degrees (including majors), school names, and years attended.
Bullets that point to key iOS developer skills.
This iOS developer resume example shows how:
iOS Developer Resume Example—Education
Got more dongles than years of experience?
When adding education to your resume, extend the section with projects, classes, and academic accomplishments.
5. Package Your iOS Developer Resume With Added Sections
Neither you nor your apps are run-of-the-mill.
So don’t expect a cookie-cutter set of resume sections to do you justice—
Add one or two extra sections:
- Additional Activities
- Foreign Languages
- Classes Taken
- Hobbies and Interests
- Professional References
These two iOS developer resume examples show yes vs no:
iOS Developer Resume Examples—Extra Sections
Physical keyboard, meet touch screen.
There’s nothing wrong with hobbies and interests as long as they don’t break the cardinal rule:
Everything you add to your resume has to be directly relevant to the job ad.
One last setup screen:
Assume you need a cover letter to go with your iOS developer resume.
If and only if you’ve been told not to.
Double your impact with a matching resume and cover letter combo. Use our cover letter builder and make your application documents pop out.
Want to try a different look? There’s 18 more. A single click will give your document a total makeover. Pick a cover letter template here.
For an iOS developer resume that gets interviews:
- Use the iOS developer resume template providedup top. It’s as clean and clear as a good iOS UI.
- Include iOS developer resume achievementsin your profile, work history, and education sections to show you know what you’re doing.
- Choose the right iOS app developer skills to include in your resume. The job ad will tell you what the right skills are.
- Write an iOS developer cover letter. Use it to billboard your passion for the work while you paint a picture of how you’ll help.
Got unanswered questions on how to write an iOS developer resume, whether that’s an entry level iOS developer resume or senior iOS developer resume? Leave a comment!