Writing a resume is hard work, but with our best resume tips and advice, it's a piece of cake. Here are over 50 of our professional resume dos and don'ts, along with resume mistakes to avoid.
Here’s a project coordinator resume sample that turns heads.
Being a project coordinator takes Herculean effort. You chase down a million details and conjure order out of chaos.
But you’re not the only one.
Your resume for project coordinator jobs has to stand out like the Big Dig.
And if you custom-craft it to the job, it will.
In this guide:
- A project coordinator resume sample better than most.
- How to write a resume for project coordinator jobs that meets requirements.
- How to target your project coordinator job description for resumes.
- Why you can’t just list project coordinator skills (and what to do instead).
Save hours of work and get a job-winning resume like this. Try our resume builder with 20+ resume templates and create your resume now.
What users say about ResumeLab:
I had an interview yesterday and the first thing they said on the phone was: “Wow! I love your resume.”
I love the variety of templates. Good job guys, keep up the good work!
My previous resume was really weak and I used to spend hours adjusting it in Word. Now, I can introduce any changes within minutes. Absolutely wonderful!
Looking for a project coordinator resume or something slightly different? See our guides:
- Supervisor Resume
- Sales Manager Resume
- Business Manager Resume
- Business Development Resume
- Consultant Resume
- Project Manager Resume
- Production Manager Resume
- Project Engineer Resume
- Product Manager Resume
- Program Manager Resume
- Account Executive Resume
- Operations Manager Resume
- Logistics Resume
- Data Scientist Resume
- Account Manager Resume
- Real Estate/Property Manager Resume
- Store Manager Resume
- General Manager Resume
- Manager Resume
- Freelance Resume
- Social Work Resume
- Architecture Resume
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resume
- Product Owner Resume
- Chief Financial Officer / CFO Resume
- Business Resume
- Salesforce Resume
- Web Developer Resume
- iOS Developer Resume
- Assistant Principal Resume
Haven't found what you're looking for? Check all our Professional Resume Examples.
Wondering how to put project coordinator on a resume? Are you just getting into project coordinator work? See this guide: Resume for a Career Change
Project Coordinator Resume Sample You Can Copy and Use
Resourceful project coordinator with 6+ years of experience. Seeking to increase quality and lower costs at Burkston & Associates. At Swift & Lawson Construction, coordinated projects with $3.2 million in budgets per year. Facilitated 110+ meetings and trained 120+ employees. Managed budgets of $200K+ each for 50+ projects.
Swift & Lawson Construction
- Coordinated project teams in busy construction firm for $3.2 million in building development per year. Met 100% of quality standards.
- Facilitated 110+ meetings between cross-functional teams by preparing reports, Excel spreadsheets, and PowerPoint decks.
- Performed regular training for 120+ employees in project standards.
- Managed budgets of $200K+ each for 50+ projects.
- Used conflict resolution skills to settle 80+ stakeholder disputes.
- Project-managed 20+ geothermal heating installation projects annually. Each project had a budget of over $20,000.
- Cut rework by 30% through re-educating employees in best practices.
- Led and prepared for 25+ inter-departmental meetings.
BS Business Administration, Lewis University
- Excelled in project coordination coursework.
- Coordinated student project to place 4 bronze statues.
- Scheduling Professional — PMI-SP
- Project Management Professional — PMP
- Member, PMI.
- Coordinated project to expand local playground 50%.
- Volunteer monthly as BSA Assistant Scoutmaster
- 2019 — Change Management Conference — Led session on software.
- 2017 — PMO Symposium
Hard Skills: Requirements gathering, MS Excel, vendor management, reports generation
Soft Skills: Interpersonal skills, organization, communication, time management
Here’s how to write a project coordinator resume that gets phone calls:
1. Use a Professional Project Coordinator Resume Format
Write a slipshod project coordinator resume and they’ll think you’re lazy.
That’s why a well-formatted resume is vital.
Begin with the reverse-chronological resume layout.
Then use these formatting tips:
Project Coordinator Resume Format
- Create 1-inch margins in a one-page resume.
- Leave a little white space to fight eye-strain.
- Write it in Calibri, Georgia, or another 10–12pt resume font.
- Include the resume sections: Heading, Summary, Work Experience, Education, and Skills.
- Save it in the PDF format. PDF resume files work well on many screens.
Expert Hint: Networking is king. Can’t afford a conference? See if your area has a project management meetup. Just rubbing elbows can open doors.
2. Write a Project Coordinator Resume Objective or Summary
You did it!
The hiring team read your project coordinator resume. They loved it!
They called, and now you’ve got a job.
How did you do it?
That’s a short blurb up top with your key selling points.
- An adjective (resourceful, efficient)
- The title: “project coordinator”
- Years of experience (2+, 7+)
- How/who you’ll help (lower costs at Burkston & Associates)
- Best project coordinator moments (contributed to $500K revenue increase...)
- Some key job skills (Managed budgets of $200K+ each for 50+ projects...)
One more thing:
Write it last. You’ll have more to say.
These IT project coordinator resume examples lay the groundwork:
Project Coordinator Resume Summary—Example
Both samples list meeting facilitation and budgeting. But—
The first adds 110+, $3.2 million, 120+ employees, and other round figures. Numbers convince.
Are you writing an entry-level resume for project coordinators?
See these construction project coordinator resume samples with no experience:
Entry-Level Project Coordinator Resume Objective
They won’t buy the last of those project coordinator resume examples. There’s no proof you’ve done employee education.
Expert Hint: Project coordinators make a median salary of $67,280. That leaves a lot of wiggle room. Aim for the high-end of the pay range with a targeted resume.
3. Target Your Project Coordinator Job Description and Skills Section
You don’t want them to delete your resume.
Show you understand the job by tailoring your resume.
To write a project coordinator job description for resumes that works:
- Note the resume skills in the job posting.
- List those resume keywords in your job description.
- Show the results you earned with them.
Look how these construction project coordinator resume samples do it:
Pretend the job ad wants these project coordinator skills: meeting facilitation, training, managing budgets, conflict resolution.
Project Coordinator Job Description for a Resume [Sample]
The second of those project coordinator resume examples skips meeting facilitation, training, budgeting, and conflict resolution.
Worse, it skips the numbers.
But how about a resume for entry-level jobs?
Say the job ad wants these project coordinator skills: project management, employee education, meeting preparation.
See these construction project coordinator resume examples with no experience:
Entry-Level Project Coordinator Resume Job Description [Sample]
Both project coordinator resume examples are from the same applicant.
Both were office admins, not project coordinators.
But the first one listed project coordinator accomplishments.
What project coordinator skills work on a resume? See this list:
Project Coordinator Skills for a Resume
Project Management Software
Oracle Primavera P6
MS Excel, Powerpoint
The ResumeLab builder is more than looks. Get specific content to boost your chances of getting the job. Add job descriptions, bullet points, and skills. Easy. Improve your resume in our resume builder now.
Nail it all with a splash of color, choose a clean font, and highlight your skills in just a few clicks. You're the perfect candidate, and we'll prove it. Use our resume builder now.
4. Show Competence With Education
Critical success factor:
Every project manager resume has one thing in common:
They have an education section.
Yours needs to be different.
Do it like this IT project coordinator resume sample:
Project Coordinator Resume Example—Education
That education section fast-tracks your job search by adding key skills.
5. Add “Other” Sections to Your Project Coordinator Resume
“You’re so well-rounded.”
There’s a way to make the hiring team say that.
Add a few “other” sections to your project coordinator resume.
Try 1–2 of these:
- Associations (PMI)
- Conferences (speaking on panels is a plus!)
- Publications & media appearances
- Certifications (PMI-SP, PMP, CAPM, PSM I)
- Groups or meetups
- Foreign languages
- Additional activities
These sample project coordinator resumes show how:
Project Coordinator Resume—Extra Sections
Any time you can add more proof of project coordinator skills, do it.
Expert Hint: Your project coordinator resume will get so much more love if you include a cover letter with it. Some hiring teams don’t look at them, but many require cover letters. Here's how to write a cover letter that will double your chances.
Double your impact with a matching resume and cover letter combo. Use our cover letter maker and make your application documents pop out.
Want to try a different look? There’s 18 more. A single click will give your document a total makeover. Pick a cover letter template here.
Here’s how to write a project coordinator resume:
- Use the project coordinator resume template up top. It’s in the reverse-chronological format employers respect.
- Don’t just list project coordinator skills. Show what you facilitated, how many you trained, and what kind of budgets you kept on track.
- Include project coordinator accomplishments in your education section. Did you excel in certain classes? Get a fellowship? Say so.
- Add “other” resume sections like a PMI-SP certification or volunteer work to show passion.
Got questions on how to write great resumes for project coordinator jobs? Not sure how to put project coordinator on a resume? Leave a comment. We’ll be happy to reply!