Choosing the best resume format might be tricky. Follow our tips and learn the difference between different resume formats and how to choose the best format for your resume.
Submit a too-short resume, and they won’t think you’re worthy.
They won’t read a too-long resume.
But how do you know?
There’s a quick way to know how long to make your resume.
In this guide:
- When can a resume be two pages?
- A 2-page resume sample that fills your voicemail box.
- How to write a two-page resume they’ll notice.
- How to shorten your resume if it’s too long.
Save hours of work and get a resume like this. Pick a template, fill it in. Quick and easy. Choose from 18+ resume templates and download your resume now.
What users say about ResumeLab:
I had an interview yesterday and the first thing they said on the phone was: “Wow! I love your resume.”
I love the variety of templates. Good job guys, keep up the good work!
My previous resume was really weak and I used to spend hours adjusting it in Word. Now, I can introduce any changes within minutes. Absolutely wonderful!
Two-Page Resume Sample You Can Copy and Use
Engaging graphic designer with 8+ years of experience. Seeking to delight clients at Maximum Woolf. At Argy Bargy, led production in design firm with annual revenue of $2M per year. Slashed production costs 18% in 6 months with strong Agile and Scrum skills. Raised client transactions 20% and client satisfaction 25% through improved communication.
Senior Graphic Designer
Argy Bargy Inc.
- Led daily production in design firm with $2M+ per year in revenue. In charge of team of 7 designers. Managed team goals and metrics.
- Used Scrum and Agile skills to cut production costs 18% in 6 months.
- Completed over 1,000 graphic design projects.
- Onboarded and trained 15 new hires, focusing on Photoshop, Illustrator, print, layout, typography, and logo design.
- Communicated with clients to gather requirements and make edits. Presided over 25% increase in client satisfaction.
- Raised client transactions by 20%.
- Instrumental in design of a site that won a 2015 Shopify Design Award.
- Handled design in small but busy design firm.
- Led team in project that increased client satisfaction by 17%.
- Created 10+ web page layouts per week.
- Called by CEO, "The most valuable employee we've ever had."
BA Graphic Design, Oklahoma State University
- Awarded Eustis Fellowship for graphic design study.
- 1st Prize — IIDA Student Design Competition.
- Rogue Ales
- Red Cross
- Ralph Lauren
Hard Skills: Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, print, web, mobile, layout, typography
Soft Skills: creativity, leadership, communication, interpersonal skills, problem solving
Page 2 [2-Page Resume Sample]
- Created designs for 50+ mobile apps for iPhone and Android.
- Provided graphic design for KardioSpy wearable ECG app, including 25 different screens, logos, layout, flow, icons, and typography.
- Designed menu screen, images, and typography for Runmazing fitness app. App received 50K+ downloads and 4.5 star AppStore review.
- Created website design for new Nike product launch with 200K monthly visits.
- Developed layout and graphic design for Subway promotional site that received high praise from the client and won the recompete for future contracts.
- Redesigned website for BikeBikeTrip.com. Result: 20% rise in UX scores.
Coffee Table Book Design
- Created design layout for “Doors of Prague” coffee table book that received the Independent Press Award.
- Developed layout for West Virginia Churches photo book. Sold 80,000 copies.
- Designed graphical layout for Barns in Maine book. Rated in the top 100 by New York Magazine.
Awards and Honors
- 2019 — 2nd Place, 50 Books / 50 Covers competition, AIGA
- 2018 — 99 Designs Award for best logo
- 2018 — AB Apex Award — highly competitive company award for standout employee. Based on effectiveness, interpersonal skills, and efficiency.
- 2017 — Oklahoma Star — nominated by OK Commerce Group as one of Oklahoma's outstanding business leaders.
Volunteering and Freelancing
- Active member, AIGA.
- Volunteer mentor to new members, AIGA
- Teach Skillshare graphic design class for past 5 years to classes of 15+ students. Maintain 95% positive exit survey scores.
- Volunteer client interaction liaison. Lead phone meetups of 20+ AIGA graphic designers with corporate clients like Nike and Coke.
- Teach annual course in corporate graphic design to AIGA members.
- Adobe Certified Instructor - InDesign, Photoshop
- Adobe CS5 Certification
- Autodesk Certification
- 2019 SXSW — Spoke on panel about mobile design.
- 2018 AIGA Design Conference — Led session about typography.
- 2017 Offset — Led session on portfolio design.
- 2015 SXSW — Spoke on panel about hotel website design.
Should you write a two-page resume? See our guide: How Long Should a Resume Be? One-Page Resume vs Two Page
Looking for resume samples for your career? See our resume examples for every profession.
Can a Resume Be 2 Pages?
A two page resume is OK if you can't cut it shorter without hurting the message. Professionals with lots of experience in technical professions often need a two page resume.
So, yes it can.
Write a 2-page resume if:
- You’ve had the same job title for 7+ years or
- You’ve got so many blistering achievements they won’t fit one page and
- All your great achievements match the job you want.
- You are going to use it to apply for grad school, scholarships, or positions in acadamia (although technically you'd use a CV not a resume).
Expert Hint: Can you guarantee that anywhere they look, you’ll blow their minds? Then write a two-page resume.
Here’s how to write a 2-page resume that works:
1. Choose Your Two-Page Resume Format
A 2-page resume is different from a 1-page resume.
Use these tips for the right resume format:
2-Page Resume Format
- Start with reverse-chronological resume formatting.
- Put your contact info on both pages.
- Pick one of the best resume fonts like Georgia or Cambria.
- Add 1-inch margins and white space. Nobody wants two pages of fine-print.
- Use these core resume sections: Heading, Objective, Work Experience, Education, and Skills.
Expert Hint: Save your resume in the PDF format. PDFs stay legible no matter what device they’re viewed on. Bonus: ATS hiring software can parse them. But not all resumes are ats friendly: check out our list of ATS-friendly resume templates that are guaranteed to make it past the bots.
2. Write a Two-Page Resume Summary
Will the hiring team read your two-page resume?
Give them a reason, with an attention-grabbing career summary.
- An adjective (engaging, talented)
- Your job title (graphic designer, engineer)
- Years of experience (8+, 10+)
- Who & how you’ll help (delight clients at Maximum Woolf)
- Best 1–2 achievements (slashed production costs 18%...)
These 2-page resume examples show how:
Two-Page Resume Examples—Summary
The first of those two-page resume examples says who you are and how you’ll help.
The second is hot air.
Expert Hint: Write your 2-page resume summary after you’ve written the rest. It’s easier to write a summary when the rest is finished.
3. Tailor Your Two Page Resume Job Description and Skills Section
This is so important.
Anyone can write a 2-page resume.
But why should employers read it?
Because everything in it matters to them.
Tailor your resume to their needs.
Look how these two-page resume examples do it:
The job ad wants these skills: (1) leadership (2) Agile (3) training (4) communication.
2-Page Resume Examples—Experience
The second of those 2-page resume examples lists the “training” keyword.
It lacks details. The first says “15 new hires” and shows specific subjects.
Here are the most wanted resume skills to start:
Key Resume Skills
Expert Hint: A 2-page resume needs hard skills and soft skills. Soft skills work for any job. The right technical skills are different for each job opening.
4. Turn Boring Education to a Reason to Hire You
Where does the education section go in a 2-page resume?
After work experience.
But if you want them to remember you—
Add additional achievements.
These 2-page resume examples show how:
Two-Page Resume Example—Education
Achievements make that 2-page resume sample stand out.
Expert Hint: Are you writing an academic resume? You can write a two-page resume for academic purposes if you’ve got two pages of relevant projects.
The ResumeLab builder is more than looks. Get specific content to boost your chances of getting the job. Add job descriptions, bullet points, and skills. Easy. Improve your resume in our resume builder now.
Nail it all with a splash of color, choose a clean font, highlight your skills in just a few clicks. You’re the perfect candidate and we’ll prove it. Use the ResumeLab builder now.
5. Add “Other” Sections to Your Two-Page Resume
Your resume is 1.4 pages.
That’s not good.
A 2-page resume should be more than 1.5 pages. If not, add more text or cut it to one page.
But consider this:
Adding “other” sections to a two-page resume can get you interviewed.
You can add sections for:
- Volunteer work
- Professional associations
- Licenses and certifications
- Awards & honors
- Groups or clubs
- Additional activities
These two-page resume examples show how:
Two-Page Resume Examples—Other Sections
The first of those 2-page resume examples drops jaws at every bullet.
Expert Hint: Enclose a cover letter with your two page resume. Use it to show your passion for the job. The hiring team will read your resume with extra interest.
Shorten Flabby Two-Page Resumes
Always shorten an overstuffed 2-page resume.
- Repetitive accomplishments
- Items that don’t match the job
- Things this employer doesn’t care about
- Weak achievements that just take up space
Here’s how to cut a two-page resume to make it stronger:
Let’s say the job ad wants leadership, training, and communication.
2-Page Resume Examples—Cutting
Senior Graphic Designer
Argy Bargy Inc.
- Led team of 7 designers in design firm with $2M+ per year in revenue.
Managed team goals and metrics. Used Scrum and Agile skills to cut production costs 18% in 6 months. Completed over 1,000 graphic design projects for clients. Onboarded andtrained 15 new hires, focusing on Photoshop and Illustrator, print, layout, typography, and logo design.
- Communicated with clients to gather requirements and make edits. Presided over a period of 25% increase in client satisfaction.
Raised client transactions by 20%.
- Instrumental in design of site that won a 2015 Shopify Design Award.
Cutting “extras” makes the important parts of your resume stand out.
Expert Hint: Not sure whether to cut your two page resume down to size? Look at each bullet as if it’s the only one. Will it wow this employer? If not, lose it.
Double your impact with a matching resume and cover letter combo. Use our cover letter builder and make your application documents pop out.
Want to try a different look? There’s 18 more. A single click will give your document a total makeover. Pick a cover letter template here.
Expert Hint: Not all Free Resume Builders are ATS friendly. To make sure your creative resume reaches a human reader, send it directly to the recruiter's inbox.
For a 2-page resume worth reading:
- Use the 2-page resume template up top. It wastes no space on filler.
- Write a two-page resumeif you’ve got too many mind-blowing achievements to fit a single page.
- Put your contact info on both pages. That way they’ll know it’s you, even if the staple fails.
- Include a cover letter with your two-page resume. Nearly half of all employers insist on them.
Got questions on how to write a great 2-page resume? Only worked for three years, but still think you need a two-page resume? Leave a comment. We’ll be happy to reply!