Everybody knows that putting computer skills on a resume is a must these days. But very few know how to put them to good use on their resumes. Do you?
As an Android developer—
One thing you’re great at is grabbing and holding people’s attention—
Keeping them staring, tapping, and swiping at their screens.
The goal for your Android developer resume is very similar:
Unwavering attention and a five-star review, of sorts.
The way you get there is going to be a little different, though.
In this guide:
- An Android developer resume sample better than most.
- How to create the perfect Android developer job description for resumes.
- How to write a resume for Android developer jobs that stands out.
- Expert tips and examples to boost your chances of landing an Android developer job.
Save hours of work and get a job-winning resume like this. Try our resume builder with 20+ resume templates and create your resume now.
What users say about ResumeLab:
I had an interview yesterday and the first thing they said on the phone was: “Wow! I love your resume.”
I love the variety of templates. Good job guys, keep up the good work!
My previous resume was really weak and I used to spend hours adjusting it in Word. Now, I can introduce any changes within minutes. Absolutely wonderful!
Need a different resume? Considering a slightly different career path? See our guides:
- iOS Developer Resume Example
- IT Resume Example
- Game Design Resume Example
- Java Developer Resume Example
- Web Developer Resume Example
- Software Engineer Resume Example
- .NET Developer Resume Example
- UX Designer Resume Example
- Computer Science Resume Example
- Front-End Developer Resume Example
- Full-Stack Developer Resume Example
- Career Change Resume Example
- Best Resume Examples for All Jobs
Android Developer Resume Sample
Dedicated Android developer with 5+ years’ experience, skilled in Agile development. Seeking opportunity to help Company ABC find multiple inroads into the top 100. At Envanto, integrated Google Play Services and Google Maps APIs to improve user tracking by 33%, increasing ad revenue by $131,000, and debugged 140+ issues found during testing.
Envanto, Memphis, TN
- Integrated Google Play Services and Google Maps APIs to improve user tracking by 33%, increasing ad revenue by $131,000 across the suite.
- Wrote 200+ pages of technical specifications and reports pertaining to application development process.
- Performed over 900 hours of testing on physical devices and an Android emulator on Linux.
- Debugged 140+ issues found during testing, closing an average of over 3 tickets per day.
Junior Android Developer
Snobar Transmedium, Memphis, TN
Feb 2016–Sept 2018
- Developed and deployed 14 pre-loaded games and applications for Android-based mobile phones.
- Created handset-specific user interface (UI) for mobile phones and tablets that scored 91% on in-house ergonomics test suite.
- Implemented Location Listener to track exact location without alerting users through extreme battery drain.
- Participated in complete Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) for proper analysis, development, testing, deployment, and enhancement of 11,500+ lines of code.
BS in Computer Science
University of Memphis, Memphis, TN
- Pursued a passion for kernel development coursework.
- Graduated with a 3.9 GPA.
- Associate Android Developer, Google LLC, 2018
- English – native speaker
- Spanish – advanced
- Android Studio
- Eclipse IDE
- Android SDK
- Android app development
- Problem solving
Now here’s how to write an Android developer resume they’ll love:
1. Go With the Right Android Developer Resume Format
You tap on an Android app, it takes forever to load—
When it does finally open, it’s to a splash screen that doesn’t go away.
Oh, wait—that’s the menu.
Weird: it has the word calculator in the title, but appears to be a calendar.
Don’t let your Android developer resume be like this app:
Make your document look intuitive and downright cozy. Here’s how to format your resume:
Android Developer Resume Format
- Use the reverse-chronological resume layout—it’s hiring managers’ preferred UI.
- Pick a low-key resume font like a Noto in 11–12 pt.
- Set your resume margins to one inch and space everything out generously.
- Watch your resume length. How long should a resume be? For most Android devs, one page will be perfect.A second page won’t break things but is best left for Android developers who remember working on Honeycomb, Froyo, or earlier.
- Include these resume sections: Resume header, Summary, Experience, Education, and Skills.
All things being equal, saving your resume in PDF rather than as a *.docx file is a no-brainer.
Many Applicant Tracking Systems (ATSs) can’t parse some PDF types—
Always check the job ad for a preferred file format before defaulting to PDF.
2. Start With An Attention-Grabbing Android Developer Resume Profile
Like the previews on Google Play—
Your resume profile is your chance at grabbing hiring managers’ attention.
Settled into your career with a year or more of Android developer experience?
Make your profile a resume summary—it’ll let you capitalize on that experience.
- One adjective (efficient, dedicated, driven)
- Job title (Android Developer)
- Years of experience (4+, 9+)
- How you’ll help (deliver apps of the highest quality)
- Two or three of your most relevant and recent achievements (performed over 900 hours of testing, wrote 200+ pages of technical specifications and reports)
These Android developer resume summary examples show how:
Android Developer Resume Examples—Resume Summary
The first example gets it by focusing on what the candidate can do for their employer and quantifying wherever possible.
What if you have little or no Android developer experience?
Go with a resume objective and focus on achievements from non-Android developer jobs if need be.
Check out these resume objective statement examples for Android devs:
Android Developer Resume Examples—Resume Objective
Once again, the winning strategy:
Make it about what you can do for them, not what you hope they can do for you.
Quantify everything possible—sensible estimates are fine.
Struggling like an iPhone after an obsolescence-inducing iOS update?
Write your resume profile last of all—
It’s much easier once you’ve got your job descriptions and skills section sorted.
3. Compile the Perfect Android Developer Job Description and Skills Sections
Promises of future performance don’t get interviews.
Convince them you can handle everything that’s hurtling down the pipeline—
By describing, in objective terms, what you’ve already handled.
Do this by making your resume work history section a showcase of your Android developer achievements.
How to write a job description for Android developers:
- Go back over the job ad.
- Spot the Android developer skills and duties.
- Note times you’ve used those skills to nail similar duties.
- Write resume bullet points that describe and quantify the above.
These Android developer resume examples show how:
Android Developer Job Description for a Resume
More than a point release’s difference.
Concrete, quantified achievements—
Simple and effective.
Short on relevant work experience?
Use accomplishments from non-Android developer jobs.
One more thing:
You’ll need to create a resume skills section.
Less is definitely more.
Aim to cover everything mention in and alluded to in the job ad—
And not much more than that.
The lists below are just there for inspiration—yours shouldn’t be nearly as long.
Skills for an Android Developer Resume
- Android Studio
- Eclipse IDE
- Android SDK
- Android app development
- Software development
- UX (user experience) / UI (user interface) design
- Unit testing
- Agile software development
- Project management
- Problem solving
- Critical thinking
- Interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Analytical skills
The ResumeLab builder is more than looks. Get specific content to boost your chances of getting the job. Add job descriptions, bullet points, and skills. Easy. Improve your resume in our resume builder now.
Nail it all with a splash of color, choose a clean font, and highlight your skills in just a few clicks. You’re the perfect candidate, and we’ll prove it. Use our resume builder now.
4. Turn Meh Education Into a Reason to Hire You
Android apps have come a long way—
And as they’ve become more complex, education requirements for Android developers have had to keep pace.
So give your education the attention it deserves.
List your degrees, schools, and graduation years.
Then add bullet points that speak to key skills.
This Android developer resume example shows how:
Android Developer Resume Example—Education Section
Short on Android developer experience?
Expand your resume education section by including projects, classes, and accomplishments that show a passion for Android app development in the making.
5. Load Your Android Developer Resume With Added Sections
Here’s some advice worth heeding:
Most resumes for Android developer jobs stop with just experience, education, and skills: just like yours does so far.
Add one or two of these extra sections to get an edge:
- Additional Activities
- Foreign Languages
- Classes Taken
- Hobbies and Interests
- Professional References
These two Android developer resume examples show yes vs no:
Android Developer Resume Examples—Extra Sections
Clumsy stock, meet razor-sharp custom.
There’s nothing wrong with mentioning hobbies and interests—
They, like everything you add, have to be obviously relevant to the job ad at hand.
One last loading screen:
You need to write a cover letter to go with your Android developer resume.
If you’re in any doubt as to whether you need to include one—
They’ll tell you if you don’t.
Double your impact with a matching resume and cover letter combo. Use our cover letter builder and make your application documents pop out.
Want to try a different look? There’s 18 more. A single click will give your document a total makeover. Pick a cover letter template here.
For an Android developer resume that gets interviews:
- Use the Android developer resume template up top. It’s as clean as vanilla AOSP.
- Put Android developer achievementsin your resume profile, work experience, and education sections to show you’ve got what they’re looking for.
- Choose the right Android developer skills to include. The job ad will be your source of hints as to what the right skills are.
- Write an Android developer cover letter. Use it to show how passionate you are about Android development while you describe how good you are at it.
Still not sure how to produce something quite like our Android developer sample resume? Drop us a line in the comments section below. We’ll be sure to get back to you.