Wondering how to put your college experience on a resume for an internship? Read our guide and see proven internship resume examples that will show you how to do it like a pro.
Are you a licensed esthetician, but the only thing peeling is the paint off your walls?
Are you taking contrast showers not for health, but as a consequence of overdue bills?
Whether it’s due to the aging baby boomer population trying to stay young, or the young following trends, one thing’s for sure—
There is work for the right esthetician.
Show them that your pH is just right for the job, that you are as perfect for it as a rough loofah for mechanical exfoliation.
First, you need a healthy and glowing esthetician resume.
In this guide:
- A glowing and radiant esthetician resume sample.
- A guide to the resume format.
- Tips for presenting your esthetician skills and education even if you have no experience.
If someone thinks they’re getting this job over you, they’re in for a cold, Swiss shower.
Save hours of work and get a job-winning resume like this. Try our resume builder for free. Start by choosing a resume template.
What users say about ResumeLab:
I had an interview yesterday and the first thing they said on the phone was: “Wow! I love your resume.”
I love the variety of templates. Good job guys, keep up the good work!
My previous resume was really weak and I used to spend hours adjusting it in Word. Now, I can introduce any changes within minutes. Absolutely wonderful!
Considering other positions? See our dedicated resume guides and examples:
- Makeup Artist Resume
- Cosmetology Resume
- Babysitter Resume
- Hair Stylist Resume
- Brand Ambassador Resume
- Front Desk Resume
- Retail Resume
- Sales Representative Resume Sample
- Customer Service Resume
Haven't found what you're looking for? Check all our Resume Samples.
Esthetician Resume Sample You Can Copy and Use
Dorothy H. Ortiz
3471 Camden Place
Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
Licensed esthetician with 5+ years of experience in skin and facial treatments for up to 50 clients a week. Performed 350+ laser hair removals independently. Grew skin care product sales by 18% by preparing sales scripts. Added $900 in monthly revenue by setting up a refreshment and snack bar. Managed schedules of 5 estheticians, serving 180+ clients a week. Seeking to apply the treatment and business experience as lead esthetician at BeautyGlo.
- Performed up to 50 treatments per week, including skin care, chemical peeling, facials, waxing, microdermabrasion, spray tans, IPL and laser hair removal.
- Managed schedules of 5 estheticians, serving 180+ clients per week.
- Grew skin care product sales by 18% by preparing sales scripts for estheticians performing treatments.
- Added $900 in monthly revenue by setting up a refreshment and snack bar at the front desk.
- Completed 350+ laser hair removals independently.
- Performed up to 60 treatments per week, mainly skin care and facial treatments.
- Worked the front desk, managing appointments for 17 beauty professionals serving up to 700 clients a week.
- Drove $4,000 in sales by performing follow-up calls on recent treatments and regulars who hadn’t come in for 3+ months.
Continental School of Beauty Culture — Rochester
1,000 Hour Esthetics Program
Relevant Coursework: Facial Treatments, Body Procedures, Paramedical Esthetics, Hair Removal, Makeup Techniques, Business Practices
Poughkeepsie Central High School
- New York State Esthetician License
- First Aid, CPR, BLS (American Red Cross)
- Effective Communication
- Interpersonal Skills
- Skin Care Techniques
- Laser Hair Removal
- Product Sales
- Appointment Management
- Cold Calling
Let’s put the foundation on.
1. Beautify Your Esthetician Resume Format
You know how you sometimes look at someone in the street for a brief second and think: “That eyebrow is so uneven.” Sometimes, when the minor details are not right, they jump right out and spoil the whole effect.
In a job that revolves so much around appearance, would you come in for an interview messy and disorganized? Of course not. Therefore, neither should you send a messy and disorganized resume that is hard to read and comb through.
Esthetician Resume Format
- Order your experience in the reverse-chronological resume format.
- Use presentable and legible resume fonts, like Arial, Calibri or Tahoma.
- Set 1-inch resume margins.
- How long should your resume be? Fit everything on a 1-page resume.Use a modern resume template to show your artistic flair.
- Outline your resume like this: Header, Objective, Education, Experience and “Additional.”
- Save your resume as a PDFto protect formatting, unless instructed otherwise.
You have the tools, let’s start the procedure.
2. Write a Glowing Esthetician Resume Objective or Summary
How many times a day do you judge someone at first glance? Your resume awaits a similar fate. Most estheticians’ resumes are loaded full of toxins, such as “reliable”, “detail-oriented”, “organized”. Empty statements only make people sick.
Similar story with describing exactly what you do in detail, without describing how well you do it.
Answer the following questions with one sentence each to compose it:
- Who are you? (One power adjective, licensed esthetician, years of experience.)
- How well do you know your craft as an esthetician? (Describe using numbers and achievements how well you can perform the functions of the job described in the ad)
- What is your one super-achievement?
- What can you bring to the table? (1-2 sentences)
Esthetician Resume Summary—Example
The good example looks like you worked on this month’s Glamour’s cover girl. The bad example looks like you tried giving someone highlights seven minutes before closing.
But hold the phone. What if you’re advancing your career and writing an entry-level resume for an esthetician resume with no experience?
No need to pull your hair out.
Build a resume objective statement around skills and achievements you already have.
Esthetician Resume Objective—Example
Expert Hint: How to make starting a resume easier? It is best to do this once you have completed the other sections of your esthetician resume, especially your job description.
3. Pamper Your Esthetician Job Description and Skills Section
It may seem hard to build an outstanding esthetician job description. Everyone is trained to the same standard, and you are limited by regulations in what you can perform. Right, and wrong. As you well know, anyone could perform a facial and acid rinse, but not everyone can manage appointments.
Try to show you can cover the whole spectrum of esthetician responsibilities, and support your versatility with various metrics and achievements in the aspects that correspond to the requirements of the employer. List up to 6 bullet points per job. Use resume action verbs such as performed, improved, developed.
Check out this job description from one of our esthetician resume samples:
Esthetician Job Description
The good example covers everything like a mud bath. It shows that the candidate can handle all the responsibilities, and allows the employer to estimate what they can expect by hiring them.
Follow up your job description with a resume skills section.
Esthetician Skills for Resume
- Skin Care
- Skin Analysis
- Make-up Application
- Permanent Make-up
- Manicure / Pedicure
- Exfoliation / Extraction
- Laser Hair Removal
- Computer Skills
- Appointment Management
- Cold Calling
- Customer Service
- Hand-Eye Coordination
- Interpersonal Skills
- Problem Solving
- Product Sales
- Stress Management
- Time Management
- Verbal & Nonverbal Communication Skills
- Work Ethic
- Working Under Pressure
Expert Hint: Whether it’s due to the 73 million baby boomer population reported by the Census Bureau, or due to Instagram culture, the need for skilled beauticians is skyrocketing. The Bureau for Labor Statistics predicts an 11% growth in esthetician jobs in the next decade, much higher than average. Make sure you make your resume perfect to get the job you want.
The ResumeLab builder is more than looks. Get specific content to boost your chances of getting the job. Add job descriptions, bullet points, and skills. Easy. Improve your resume in our resume builder now.
Nail it all with a splash of color, choose a clean font, and highlight your skills in just a few clicks. You're the perfect candidate, and we'll prove it. Use our resume maker now.
4. Scrub Up Your Education Section
Since Cosmetology and Esthetics training is pretty standard across the board, many esthetician resumes will neglect this section. Presenting your education in the right way can make or break your application.
Follow these resume tips: list your school name, the cosmetology program name, and some relevant coursework or Achievements bullet points if applicable. If you recently graduated high school, feel free to list the name of the school and graduation year, but no more than that should be required.
Esthetician Resume Sample—Education
Expert Hint: If this is your first job out of school, you can find more guidance in our high school resume guide.
5. Apply Some Blush With Added Sections
Now it’s time for a final touch, a little eyeshadow and blush. To fill the remaining space, add some bonus resume sections.Begin with a certifications section, since you need to be licensed to practice this profession, so start by listing that.
If you have any other factors that you think may help your application, separate them into sections such as:
- Additional Activities
- Foreign Languages
- Hobbies and Interests
- Volunteering Experience
- Professional References
- Skills—if you haven’t included them as part of your other sections
This will allow greater legibility and information access at first sight, instead of lumping everything together in ‘Additional Info’ like the bottom of a handbag.
See the after and before from this esthetician resume example:
Esthetician Resume Example—Extra Sections
It’s that simple!
Expert Hint: Don’t forget to write a cover letter. Having one when the employer doesn’t require it can’t hurt, but not having one when they do, which is about 50% of the time, can land your resume in the trash.
Double your impact with a matching resume and cover letter combo. Use our cover letter creator and make your application documents pop out.
Want to try a different look? There’s 18 more. A single click will give your document a total makeover. Pick a cover letter template here.
When pampering your esthetician resume:
- Stick to the resume format guidelines—margins, fonts, 1 page, reverse chronological.
- Powder your esthetician job description with achievements and numbers.
- Split up certifications, skills and other bonus sections properly.
- Write an esthetician cover letter.
Got questions on how to write a great resume for estheticians? Would you like to see more esthetician resume templates? Did we help you get your esthetician resume right? Leave a comment. We’ll be happy to reply.