A proper cover letter format can score you a few points. Read on, and learn how to format your cover letter so it won't go unnoticed.
Breathe in, breathe out. Writing a yoga instructor resume may seem like a complicated task.
The bad news is that it’s unavoidable if you want to show others how to benefit from all yoga has to offer. The good news?
We will guide with through the process of writing a yoga teacher resume, just as you navigate your students through the most strenuous asanas.
In this guide:
- A yoga teacher resume sample that gets jobs.
- How to ace your yoga instructor job description on a resume.
- How to write a resume for a yoga teacher that gets the interview.
- Expert tips and examples to boost your chances of landing a yoga teacher job.
Save hours of work and get a job-winning resume like this. Try our resume builder with 20+ resume templates and create your resume now.
What users say about ResumeLab:
I had an interview yesterday and the first thing they said on the phone was: “Wow! I love your resume.”
I love the variety of templates. Good job guys, keep up the good work!
My previous resume was really weak and I used to spend hours adjusting it in Word. Now, I can introduce any changes within minutes. Absolutely wonderful!
Not quite what you’re looking for? Considering other jobs as well? Discover our dedicated guides:
- Career Change Resume Example
- Cosmetology Resume Example
- Esthetician Resume Example
- Healthcare Resume Example
- Lifeguard Resume Example
- Massage Therapist Resume Example
- Medical Resume Example
- Nonprofit Resume Example
- Occupational Therapy Resume Example
- Personal Trainer Resume Example
- Physical Therapy Resume Example
- Best Resumes for Every Job
Yoga Instructor Resume Sample
Iyengar Yoga Instructor
Phone no.: 874-9234-759
Passionate yoga teacher with over 7 years of experience. Eager to help Iyengar Yoga Studio develop a comprehensive yoga courses curriculum to attract new students. At Flow Yoga Studio, increased attendance by 40% by providing individual coaching to students.
Iyengar Yoga Instructor
Flow Yoga Studio, Phoenix, AZ
July 2015–July 2020
Key Qualifications & Responsibilities
- Planned and instructed a variety of Iyengar yoga classes.
- Instructed students on how to breathe correctly.
- Controlled students’ postures to prevent any injuries.
- Delivered individual yoga sessions for advanced students.
- Created and ran Saturday courses for advanced yoga students, attracting new customers and increasing revenue by 15% within one year.
- Boosted attendance by 40% by adopting an individual approach during classes.
Iyengar Yoga Teacher
Lotos Yoga Studio, Phoenix, AZ
January 2012–May 2015
Key Qualifications & Responsibilities
- Designed yoga class sequences dedicated to students with specific health conditions.
- Demonstrated asanas to students and corrected them if necessary.
- Mentored junior yoga instructors.
- Grew yoga studio Instagram account (20% increase in the number of followers within 3 months) by posting instructional videos to various poses.
Advanced Iyengar Yoga Teacher Training
Iyengar Institute, Pune, India
April 2016–May 2017
- 250-hour advanced course
- Iyengar yoga
- Time management
- Advanced Vinyasa Immersion Yoga Teacher Certification, The Yoga Alliance, 2017
- Vinyasa Yoga for Beginners, The Yoga Alliance, 2015
Member of the Yoga Alliance USA since 2015
- French—Minimum working proficiency
- Recording instructional videos for Instagram and TikTok (current follower base—25k)
Yoga teachers are fitness and wellness professionals that lead group or individual classes in yoga. The purpose of your yoga teacher resume is to show you have both the necessary physical skills and teaching abilities to succeed in the job.
Here’s how to write a yoga teacher resume that ticks the right boxes:
1. Format Your Yoga Instructor Resume the Right Way
Before you can do Scorpion Handstand, you need to cover your basics. The same rule applies to writing a resume:
Before you delve into describing your achievements and experience, you have to make sure you have a good, readable resume template to work with. Here’s how to format your resume document:
Yoga Instructor Resume Format
- Stick to the reverse-chronological resume layout. It will highlight your most recent accomplishments.
- Opt for a professional resume font, like Arial or Calibri in 11–12 pt.
- Use 1-inch resume margins to make it more legible.
- Present all information on one page. That’s the ideal resume length these days.
- Include these sections in your resume: Header, Summary, Experience, Education, Skills, and Additional.
How to save your yoga instructor resume?
If the format isn’t specified in the job posting, save your resume as a PDF.
2. Write a Balanced Yoga Instructor Resume Objective or Summary
How to start your resume?
With a short warm-up!
Introduce yourself using a resume profile. If you’re an experienced candidate, write a resume summary comprised of:
- One adjective (passionate, dedicated, friendly)
- Job title (Yoga Teacher/Yoga Instructor)
- Years of experience (6+, 7+)
- How you’ll help (create a dedicated yoga curriculum)
- Nicest 2–3 achievements (increase students attendance by 40%)
What should you do if you’re a brilliant yoga teacher but just starting out?
Write a resume objective instead.
Think about all transferable skills you’ve gained during your training and write them down.
Expert Hint: Writing a resume profile is like doing a headstand—you need a warm-up to be successful. In this case, simply work on other sections of your resume. Once you’ve done with them, you’ll have a list of all your achievements. Writing a resume profile will be a piece of cake.
3. Describe Your Experience and List Your Skills
Do you know those impressive Instagram yogis who are so flexible one might think they don’t have a single bone in their body?
The good news is that you don’t have to record any videos.
But you do need an extraordinary work experience section. Employment of fitness instructors is set to grow by 19% over the coming years, meaning lots of opportunities and competition. Use the former and get ahead of the latter by showcasing your accomplishments the right way.
Here’s how to write a job description for a yoga teacher:
- Read the job ad carefully.
- Identify the skills and requirements for the job. They will serve as your resume keywords.
- Think about times you’ve faced the same challenges or used those skills to great effect. Those will be your duties and accomplishments to list under each job you’ve held.
- Briefly describe your accomplishments using 3–6 bullet points per job. Start each bullet with an action word for impact, and include numbers for context.
Congrats—you just targeted your resume to the job you’re applying for, significantly boosting your chances of an interview invite!
Now, let’s talk about the resume skills section.
In it, list 5–10 yoga teacher skills mentioned in the ad that you have. You’ll convince the hiring manager that you’re the right person for the job. Consider these for inspiration:
Yoga Instructor/Yoga Teacher Resume Skills
- Yoga styles
- Attention to detail
- Instructional skills
- Breathing techniques
- Presentation skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Communication Skills
- Time Management Skills
The ResumeLab builder is more than looks. Get specific content to boost your chances of getting the job. Add job descriptions, bullet points, and skills. Easy. Improve your resume in our resume builder now.
Nail it all with a splash of color, choose a clean font, and highlight your skills in just a few clicks. You're the perfect candidate, and we'll prove it. Use our resume builder now.
4. List Education on Your Yoga Instructor Resume
Is the education section important for yoga teachers? It is, but only if you write it well.
If you already have some teaching achievements on your list, simply state your most recent degree or diploma, the awarding institution, and your graduation date.
Are you writing a resume with no experience?
Then add some extra details, for example, bullet points with extracurricular activities, relevant coursework, projects, and academic achievements.
5. Include Extra Sections on Your Yoga Teacher Resume
How to make your yoga teacher resume special?
By adding some extra sections!
You can mention:
- Additional Activities
- Foreign Languages
- Hobbies and Interests
- Professional References
Expert Hint: It’s a good idea to write a cover letter—it’s an additional opportunity to show a match between you and the job opening. Don’t waste it!
Double your impact with a matching resume and cover letter combo. Use our cover letter generator and make your application documents pop out.
Want to try a different look? There's 21 more. A single click will give your document a total makeover. Pick a cover letter template here.
To write a job-winning yoga teacher resume, remember to:
- Use the yoga instructor resume format outlined above. It will highlight your most impressive achievements.
- Stick to the yoga teacher resume guidelines. Font, margins, order, and sections are essential.
- State your proudest achievements in the work description and skills section.
- Write a yoga instructor cover letter to present additional arguments that you’re the right match for the position.
Thanks for reading! Do you have any lingering questions about how to write a resume for yoga instructors? Leave a comment below; we’d love to chat!