Thought that creating a resume in Word format is passé? Not if you use one of the top resume templates for Word. The best part is that they're free. So come along!
Does your attention to detail and pickiness make people bonkers?
Do you know the Six Sigma methodology by heart and want to use it to improve quality and efficiency of processes?
Of course you do.
But how to exactly show these skills on a resume?
You’ll need to run a root-cause analysis to find out where your resume needs polishing.
But worry not, because this article will help you.
Your quality engineer resume will look like an A3 report after reading this guide.
In this guide:
- A quality engineer resume sample that lands jobs.
- How to write a quality engineer resume summary and objective.
- A set of clear rules of a resume format.
- Ways to list your work experience, education and certifications.
Save hours of work and get a job-winning resume like this. Try our resume builder with 20+ resume templates and create your resume now.
What users say about ResumeLab:
I had an interview yesterday and the first thing they said on the phone was: “Wow! I love your resume.”
I love the variety of templates. Good job guys, keep up the good work!
My previous resume was really weak and I used to spend hours adjusting it in Word. Now, I can introduce any changes within minutes. Absolutely wonderful!
Considering other positions? Check out these guides:
- Engineering Resume Sample
- Civil Engineer Resume Sample
- Quality Assurance Resume Sample
- Electrical Engineering Resume Sample
- Manual Tester Resume Sample
- Supply Chain Manager Resume Sample
- Mechanical Engineering Resume Sample
- System Administrator Resume Sample
- Construction Project Manager Resume Sample
- Software Engineer Resume Sample
- Network Engineer Resume Sample
- Data Scientist Resume Sample
- Product Owner Resume Sample
Writing your first resume ever? Don’t worry, we got you covered as well. Make sure to see these guides:
- Entry-Level Mechanical Engineering Resume
- Engineering Internship Resume
- Entry-Level Software Engineer Resume
- Entry-Level IT Resume
- Undergraduate College Student Resume
- Internship Resume
- Recent College Graduate Resume
Quality Engineer Resume Sample
3610 Buffalo Creek Road
Nashville, TN 37201
Highly motivated quality engineer with 8+ years of experience in the manufacturing industry. Superior computer skills and problem-solving abilities. Provided technical expertise to employees, suppliers, customers, and regulatory agencies to ensure compliance with government contracts: MIL-Q 9858, MIL-I 45208, MIL-STD 2000, ISO-9000. During previous role, supported 9 assembly lines and fabrication stamping and forming. Created 9 procedures and 50 Work Instructions.
West Zero, Inc.
- Tested 5000+ home security panels, sensors, thermostats, lights, and locks using Smoke and Regression testing methods to find any bugs or issues
- Reached 850K dollars of billable income with inspections of products of the company's 1 million budgeted goal for the month of June 2019.
- Reduced quality complaint handling process time, for top ten quality failures, by 60% through creating "Golden Complaint Templates".
- Cross trained personnel in special continuous maintenance that improved the overall quality of products by 32% in 6 months.
February 2013–October 2017
- Managed 7 direct reports within 2 inspection labs to facilitate both Mechanical and MIL-Q 9858 inspections.
- Introduced a cost reduction savings plan for lab equipment and supplies that reduced yearly expenses by 30%.
- Increased the quality of work performed by technicians by 70%
- Developed and implemented Quality Procedures and Systems following the ISO-9000 standard and train Associates for a successful ISO-9000 certification.
B.Sc. in Engineering
University of Nashville
- Ability to grasp product and process knowledge quickly
- Analytical and statistical skills
- Attention to detail
- ISO Standards
- Project management
- Time management
- Computer skills
- Six Sigma
- Certified Six Sigma Black Belt
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer (CQE)
Russian—professional working proficiency
Now that you know what a great quality engineer resume looks like, let’s learn how to write a professional resume:
1. Use the Correct Quality Engineer Resume Format
Assuring the quality of your resume is fundamental, and the first step to mitigate any mistakes that might land your resume in the trash is setting the proper format.
There are a few rules that MUST be adhered to when doing that, so…
Without further ado, here’s the best way to format your resume:
Quality Engineer Resume Format
- First, choose a clean, professional resume font.
- Next, set 1-inch resume margins and 1.15 line spacing.
- Use the correct layout for your resume: Header, Summary / Objective, Work History, Education, Skills, Additional Information.
- Print or save your resume as a PDF file to protect the formatting, unless asked otherwise.
Now you should have a clean, formatted page in front of you that you’ll fill with all the necessary information. Remember—the perfect resume length is one page, so you might want to think about exactly what to include on your resume, so it doesn’t over spill onto a second page.
Expert Hint: A two-page resume is acceptable only if you’re applying for a senior or director position, and you have 15+ years of experience in the industry.
2. Start With a Prime Quality Resume Summary or Objective
Your resume’s professional profile is the first thing a recruiter sees.
It’s right below your resume header and is a summary of your skills, strengths, and key experiences.
But that’s not all!
In order to make the hiring manager go: “That ticks the box!” instead of “Why am I reading this?”, make sure to also include one of your most notable career accomplishments, supported by a metric, if possible.
This will “kaizen” your resume summary.
First, let’s take a look at two examples:
Supplier Quality Engineer Resume Sample: Profile
See what the second example lacks?
Yep—numbers and, well, finesse.
So, the basic quality concepts for writing a resume summary are:
- A power resume word at the beginning of the sentence
- “Quality engineer”
- Years of experience
- A list of skills and expertise areas
- One or two quantified achievements
Pretty easy, eh?
But what if you’re writing a resume with no experience? What could you possibly talk about?
Include a resume objective to summarize your most relevant skills and explain your career goals in one or two sentences.
Quality Assurance Engineer Resume Sample: Profile
Pretty great, isn’t it?
Even if you’re an entry-level candidate writing a resume, you can still leverage your experience and skills to find the job that fits your career goals.
3. Write an Exceptional Quality Engineer Job Description
So make sure to present it on your resume accordingly.
Quality Engineer Resume Examples: Job Description
You might think: “That’s easy! Bullet points, numbers—got it!”
Not so fast.
There is a few other things to keep in mind.
First of all, your experience section is where you will list your duties and responsibilities from previous jobs. That’s also the perfect place to plug relevant resume keywords into your ATS resume template.
Plus, it will target your resume to a specific job, which will highlight specific skills and credentials that the hiring manager is looking for.
So, how exactly do you find these keywords?
It’s pretty simple:
Analyze the job advertisement for special requirements that the recruiter is looking for in the perfect candidate. Look for skills, qualifications, and degrees that are required for the position.
Those are your keywords.
You can, and should, also use them in your skills section.
Here are some skills that employers might be looking for in a quality engineer:
Quality Engineer: Skills For Resume
- Attention to detail
- Critical thinking
- Analytical skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Manufacturing process
- Root cause analysis
- Six Sigma
- ISO 13485
- Test automation
- Regression testing
- Project management
- Data analysis
- Report writing skills
- Organizational skills
Expert Hint: 90% of large organizations use Applicant Tracking Systems during their recruitment process. These software systems are programmed to search for resumes with keywords related to the job requirements and rank these resumes in order of keyword frequency.
The ResumeLab builder is more than looks. Get specific content to boost your chances of getting the job. Add job descriptions, bullet points, and skills. Easy. Improve your resume in our resume builder now.
Nail it all with a splash of color, choose a clean font, and highlight your skills in just a few clicks. You're the perfect candidate, and we'll prove it. Use our resume builder now.
4. Include an Education Section to Prove Your Knowledge
Listing your education on your resume can greatly benefit you.
And the good news is that:
All you have to do is give your school name, degree, and graduation date. If you’re a fresh graduate with many academic accomplishments, it may be a good idea to move your education section above your experience section.
Here’s what it should look like:
Entry-Level Quality Engineer Resume
You can add anything from honors and scholarships to GPA and relevant coursework on your resume if you feel like it will give you some bonus points.
Expert Hint: Most quality engineering positions require a 4-year degree, so make sure to include as much detail about your education as possible.
5. Add More Value to Your Quality Engineer Resume By Including Bonus Sections
Work experience, education, skills… that’s not everything that you can include on your resume.
Know a foreign language? Great!
Have a few professional certifications? Show those off!
Volunteered? That’s something to use as well…
Here’s an example:
Quality Engineer Sample Resume: Other Sections
Some certifications that can help you advance in your quality engineering career:
Double your impact with a matching resume and cover letter combo. Use our cover letter generator and make your application documents pop out.
Want to try a different look? There's 21 more. A single click will give your document a total makeover. Pick a cover letter template here.
Now that you’ve written the best quality engineer resume, make sure to also include a cover letter as well.
A cover letter will be necessary to beat the competition.
When writing your quality engineer resume:
- Always stick to the resume format guidelines.
- Write a summary or objective statement that outlines your skills, experiences, and accomplishments.
- List your experience and education in the reverse chronological order.
- Display your skills, certifications, and other additional information properly.
- Include a quality engineer cover letter.