When writing a resume, no detail is too small to be overlooked. That’s why it’s crucial for your resume header to look professional enough for the recruiter to want to call you.
As a leasing consultant, you’re facing a precarious challenge—how to convince a real estate agency that you’re the perfect candidate for the job? A professional business card won’t do the trick.
But you know what might help you?
A leasing consultant resume highlighting your strengths. And the good news is you’ll write one faster than the builders completed the Instacoli building in India.
And they were done in 48 hours.
In this guide:
- A leasing consultant resume sample that gets jobs.
- How to ace your leasing consultant job description on a resume.
- How to write a resume for a leasing consultant that gets the interview.
- Expert tips and examples to boost your chances of landing a leasing consultant job.
Save hours of work and get a job-winning resume like this. Try our resume builder with 20+ resume templates and create your resume now.
What users say about ResumeLab:
I had an interview yesterday and the first thing they said on the phone was: “Wow! I love your resume.”
I love the variety of templates. Good job guys, keep up the good work!
My previous resume was really weak and I used to spend hours adjusting it in Word. Now, I can introduce any changes within minutes. Absolutely wonderful!
Interested in a different resume example? Take a look at our guides:
- Account Executive Resume
- Architecture Resume
- Business Development Resume
- Business Owner Resume
- Case Manager Resume
- Customer Service Resume
- Property Manager Resume
- Real Estate Resume
- Sales Resume
- Best Resumes for Every Job
Leasing Coordinator Resume Sample
Passionate leasing consultant with over 5 years of experience. Eager to assist Dunlop Real Estate in providing excellent customer service and achieving quarterly targets. At KLM Realty Company, closed new deals with a 95% success rate and exceeded monthly lease quotas by 25% through providing a personalized approach to every client.
KLM Realty Company, Denver, CO
July 2017–December 2021
Key Qualifications & Responsibilities
- Closed new deals with a 95% success rate
- Determined if prospective residents meet community qualifications
- Maintained an accurate and in-depth knowledge of all aspects of the community, for example, rent and pricing information, vacancies, apartment availability, and square footage
- Reacted proactively to future occupancy needs by monitoring all vacancies regularly
- Exceed monthly lease quotas by 25% within one year through personalizing client approach.
Bart Properties, Denver, CO
May 2015–June 2017
Key Qualifications & Responsibilities
- Maintained an accurate knowledge of all current and future available apartments
- Inspected leasing and model areas to maintain clean appearances at all times
- Completed the processing of all rental applications and lease packages
- Increased customer satisfaction rate by 35% by providing excellent customer service and responding to clients’ needs
B.Sc. in Business Administration
The Metropolitan College of New York, New York, NY
- Customer service
- Time management
- Attention to detail
- Organizational skills
- Prioritization skills
- Certified Apartment Leasing Professional (formerly NALP), NAAHQ, 2017
- Leasing Consultant of the Year, Colorado Multi-Family Housing Association, 2019
- German—Minimum working proficiency
Leasing consultants help property managers and owners find suitable tenants—and the other way around. They can assist at every stage of the process, including viewings and negotiation. The purpose of your leasing consultant resume is to highlight your people’s skills and also show your business acumen.
Let’s see how to write a leasing consultant resume for yourself:
1. Start With the Right Leasing Consultant Resume Format
The apartment’s floor plan can determine the success of the sale. The same applies to your resume.
Resume format can make-or-break your chances of getting hired.
But we have your back! Take a look at our short guide to leasing consultant resume formatting.
- Start with your most recent accomplishments. Apply the reverse-chronological resume format.
- Use a legible resume font, for example Helvetica or Arial.
- Leave even, one-inch margins on your resume document.
- Stick to a one-page resume. Focus on your proudest accomplishments to show you’re fit for the job.
- Choose the right resume sections. Include at least: Header, Summary, Experience, Education, Skills, and around two or three Additional sections.
What to do next?
Consult the job ad. Unless stated otherwise, the best option is to save your resume as a PDF.
Expert Hint: According to BLS, around 29,100 new jobs in real estate will appear each year between 2020 and 2030. The competition is fierce, so don’t waste your chances by sending your resume that doesn’t follow the best practices.
2. Begin with a Convincing Leasing Consultant Resume Objective or Summary
You know that a firm handshake makes a great first impression.
But do you know the equivalent you can use while writing your leasing consultant resume?
A well-crafted resume profile! The introductory paragraph of your resume comes in two types: either a summary or an objective.
If you’re a leasing consultant pro, start with a resume summary.
- One adjective (efficient, diligent, passionate)
- Job title (Leasing Consultant)
- Years of experience (2+, 4+)
- What can you do to help (increase customer satisfaction rate)
- Top 2–3 achievements (exceeded monthly lease quotas by 25% by providing a personalized experience for both homeowners and tenants.)
Are you just starting your career as a leasing consultant?
Then start your resume with a resume objective.
You can mention any transferable skills from previous gigs, college achievements, or accomplishments from any volunteer work you’ve done.
Expert Hint: Work smart, not hard. Writing a resume profile is a piece of cake if you do it once you have other sections of your resume sorted out.
3. Add Great Leasing Consultant Job Description and Skills Sections
On your resume for leasing consultant, a work experience section should show your future employers you have the experience necessary to succeed in the role.
There is a simple way of proving your real estate prowess.
But before you start constructing your work experience section, there are two things worth mentioning.
First, focus on your professional achievements. Show your passion for the job and distinguish yourself from other candidates that may focus on more ordinary duties.
Secondly, use the job ad to your advantage and target your resume to the requirements specified there. Recruiters will receive hundreds of resumes for each position. Targeting your resume makes their lives easier and significantly boosts your chances of getting noticed.
How to write a job description for a leasing consultant:
- Read the job ad very carefully.
- Highlight the resume keywords—skills your future employer is looking for.
- Think about times you’ve shown those skills in the past.
- Write down resume bullet points based on the previous point. Use numbers and action words where possible.
There is one more resume section for you to shine.
Namely, your resume skills section.
Again, don’t list all skills you’ve acquired through the years.
Less is more. Use the job ad as a filter and mention only the relevant skills for the particular position for which you’re applying.
Leasing Consultant Skills—Resume Samples
- Customer Service Skills
- Negotiation Skills
- Sales Skills
- Attention to detail
- Community policies
- Analytical Skills
- Client Lead Generation
- Digital Staging Software
- Property Management
- Interpersonal Skills
- Leadership Skills
- Communication Skills
- Computer Skills
- Marketing Skills
- Conflict Resolution Skills
- Time Management Skills
Expert Hint: There are plenty of different roles in real estate management, and many require similar skills and experience. Check out our guide to writing a career change resume if you’re thinking of shifting your focus.
The ResumeLab builder is more than looks. Get specific content to boost your chances of getting the job. Add job descriptions, bullet points, and skills. Easy. Improve your resume in our resume builder now.
Nail it all with a splash of color, choose a clean font, and highlight your skills in just a few clicks. You're the perfect candidate, and we'll prove it. Use our resume builder now.
4. Turn Your Education into Another Reason to Hire You
Education requirements will vary depending on the job you want to get. But no matter what, it’s good to spend some time and write a convincing resume education section.
If you already have some experience, the job is easy.
State your highest obtained degree of schooling, the name of the awarding institution, and graduation date. That’s it, you’re all done.
Writing a leasing consultant resume with no experience?
Simply add extra bullet points with extracurricular activities, relevant coursework, projects, and academic achievements. You can also state your GPA, but only if it’s 3.7 or higher.
5. Include Extra Sections on Your Leasing Consultant Resume
Now it’s time for you to stand out in the crowd by adding a few of the extra sections to your resume.
You can include:
- Additional Activities
- Foreign Languages
- Hobbies and Interests
- Professional References
And last but not least—to state your case, write a great cover letter that will provide even more arguments why you are the best candidate for the job.
Most HR managers expect to see a cover letter attached to an application, so don’t waste your chance by omitting this step.
Double your impact with a matching resume and cover letter combo. Use our cover letter generator and make your application documents pop out.
Want to try a different look? There's 21 more. A single click will give your document a total makeover. Pick a cover letter template here.
To write a job-winning leasing consultant resume, remember to:
- Make sure you format your leasing consultant resume correctly. Use the formatting tips from the beginning of this article.
- Mention your proudest accomplishments in the resume profile and work experience section. Show the hiring manager you’re the right person for the job.
- Write a targeted leasing consultant resume skills section. Use the job as a filter and mention the skills relevant to the role.
- Include additional sections, such as awards, certifications, or foreign languages. It will help you stand out in the crowd.
- Attach a leasing consultant cover letter. A cover letter is where you can add some convincing arguments and state your case.
Thank you for reading! Do you have questions about writing a leasing consultant resume? Or would you like to share tips and tricks of your own? Leave a comment in the section below.