You can stop searching—this is the ultimate collection of best resume tips that can help you succeed in 2023. These resume writing tips will help to impress hiring managers.
The office clerk resume sample below can boost your interview rate. But first—
Clerical work is easy. Right?
You need skills that can’t be taught. Listening. Emotional intelligence. Resolve. Work ethic.
This job is about who you are, not what you know.
But hundreds of applicants will fight you for the best jobs. Your resume will be one in 100—or 300. How will employers know they should hire you?
Don’t worry. Show your history and skills the right way, and you’ll stand out like a $20,000 Christmas bonus.
In this guide:
- An office clerk resume sample better than most.
- How to write a clerical work resume employers want to keep.
- How to make an office clerk job description for resumes that gets jobs.
- Why you can’t just list office clerk skills (and what to do instead).
Save hours of work and get a job-winning resume like this. Try our resume builder for free. Start by choosing a resume template.
What users say about ResumeLab:
I had an interview yesterday and the first thing they said on the phone was: “Wow! I love your resume.”
I love the variety of templates. Good job guys, keep up the good work!
My previous resume was really weak and I used to spend hours adjusting it in Word. Now, I can introduce any changes within minutes. Absolutely wonderful!
Looking for a specific kind of office clerk resume? See our guides:
- Accounting Clerk Resume Examples
- Administrative Assistant Resume Examples
- Front Desk Resume Examples
- Loan Officer Resume Examples
- Office Assistant Resume Examples
- Receptionist Resume Examples
- Secretary Resume Examples
- Accounts Receivable Resume Examples
Other related guides:
- Executive Assistant Resume Examples
- Office Manager Resume Examples
- Entry Level Accounting Resume Examples
- Human Resources Resume Examples
- Business Administration Resume Examples
- Purchasing Agent Resume Examples
- Recruiter Resume Examples
- Retail Resume Example
- US Resume Examples
- Virtual Assistant Resume
Haven't found what you're looking for? Check all our Resume Examples for Over 200 Jobs.
Office Clerk Resume Sample You Can Copy and Use
Cheerful office clerk with 4+ years of experience finding efficiencies in busy offices. Seeking to streamline bookkeeping and filing at Goodreau's Auto Parts. Employee of the month 4x at Southeast Poultry Laboratories for strong work ethic and good attitude.
Southeast Poultry Laboratories, Inc., Jackson, MS
Key Qualifications & Responsibilities
- Handled bookkeeping, filing, and data processing duties in a busy poultry vaccine development business with 200+ employees.
- Employee of the month 4x for strong work ethic & good attitude.
- Used MS Office to schedule meetings for executives and write and proofread company correspondences. Commended 9x for efficiency.
- Trained & onboarded 2 office clerks.
Redesigned flow of process for providing and storing documentation for regulators. Saved 5 hours per week and $10,000 per year.
Accounts Receivable Clerk
IntelliRounds Global, Inc., Jackson, MS
Key Qualifications & Responsibilities
- Handled outgoing invoices and incoming payments for 500+ ongoing customer accounts. Achieved 99% performance to goals.
- Answered 30+ incoming calls per shift, routing to proper associates.
- Achieved 20% improvement in customer service scores vs. previous clerk.
Gautier High School, Gautier, MS
High School Diploma
- Commended by teachers for work ethic.
- Organizer, Student Football Fundraising Committee.
- 90 WPM with no mistakes, TypingTest.com
- 9,000 KPH with no mistakes, OnlineTyping.org
- Volunteer 3x per month as county food drive organizer.
- Volunteer office clerk, Our Lady of the Rivers Church.
Hard Skills: fling, scheduling, proofreading, writing reports, supplies management
Soft Skills: interpersonal skills, time management, communication, collaboration
Now here’s how to write a successful office clerk resume:
1. Choose the Best Resume Format for Office Clerk Jobs
You’re not a scruffy office clerk.
So—don’t write a scruffy office clerk resume.
The best resume format for office jobs is the reverse-chronological layout.
Use these tips to do it right:
Office Clerk Resume Format
- Set 1-inch margins on all edges.
- Use one resume font like 11–14pt Noto or Trebuchet.
- Make resume sections for Heading, Summary, Work Experience, Education, and Skills.
- Add white space so the office manager won’t get tired reading.
- Set a 1–2 page resume length 1–2 depending on experience.
- Save it as a PDF resume. They impress on all screen types.
Expert Hint: Do you need a LinkedIn profile if you’re “just” an office clerk? Yes, yes, yes. A study published in Fortune found applicants with LinkedIn links on resumes were over 70% more likely to land interviews. Tip—fuller profiles got the best results.
2. Write a Clerical Resume Objective or Summary
Office life moves fast. Keep pace or you’ll get left in the dust.
How can you write a good one?
- An adjective (cheerful, hard-working)
- “office clerk” (or the title from the job ad)
- Years of experience (2+, 7+)
- Who & how you’ll help (save time at Wright Media)
- Best office clerk moments (Employee of the month 4x at SPL...)
To go fast, save it for last.
See these office clerk resume examples:
Office Clerk Resume Summary—Example
Receptionist Resume Summary—Example
Secretary Resume Summary—Example
Why do those work?
Each of those clerical work resume samples shows specifics. They list years of experience, who the applicant wants to work for, key achievements, and skills.
Are you an office employee with no experience?
See these entry-level clerical resume examples:
Entry-Level Office Clerk Resume Objective
Entry-Level Office Manager Resume Objective
Entry-Level Office Assistant Resume Objective
Each of those entry-level office clerk resume examples shows office skills you used in other jobs.
That’s the key to writing a clerical resume with no experience.
3. Target Your Office Clerk Job Description and Skills Section
What office clerk skills do you need on a resume?
See this list:
Office Clerk Skills for Resumes
Typing 90 WPM
Attention to Detail
But watch out!
An office clerk job is like a walk-in customer.
Each one has its own needs.
Look in the office clerk job ad online for the correct skills to put on a resume.
See these office clerk resume samples:
The hiring team wants an office clerk skilled in filing, MS Office, and training with a strong work ethic.
Office Clerk Job Description for a Resume
This next office clerk resume example wants skills in communication, relationship-building, and training.
Receptionist Job Description for a Resume [Sample]
Both of those office clerk resume examples add skills like MS Office or communication.
They also show results like commended 9x and raised customer retention 15%.
Now if you’re just initializing your office clerk career, you’ll need a solid entry-level resume.
See these clerical work resume examples with no experience:
For this example, the job involves bookkeeping, answering calls, and customer service.
Entry-Level Office Clerk Resume Job Description [Sample]
Next, this office clerk resume sample is for a job that needs scheduling skills, PowerPoint, and proofreading.
Entry-Level Executive Assistant Resume Job Description [Sample]
Expert Hint: There are 3,062,500 office clerk jobs in the US, but that doesn’t mean getting a good one is easy. A tailored office clerk resume works best.
The ResumeLab builder is more than looks. Get specific content to boost your chances of getting the job. Add job descriptions, bullet points, and skills. Easy. Improve your resume in our resume builder now.
Nail it all with a splash of color, choose a clean font, and highlight your skills in just a few clicks. You're the perfect candidate, and we'll prove it. Use our resume builder now.
4. Sweeten Your Education Section
How should you show schooling in a resume?
You could just list your degree, school name, and graduation date.
But that won’t get you hired.
These office clerk resume samples show a better way:
Office Clerk Resume Example—Education
Office Assistant Resume Example—Education
Your office clerk resume education section shouldn’t just show “school.” Add skills to get the job.
5. Add “Other” Sections to Your Office Clerk Resume
You’re almost done.
Let’s put you over the top into “hired” land.
By adding some “other” sections to your clerical work resume.
- Awards (like “Employee of the Month”)
- Manager commendations
- Personal projects
- Additional activities
See these office clerk resume examples:
Office Clerk Resume—Other Sections
Executive Assistant Resume—Other Sections
Those office clerk resume samples can file you under “hired.”
They don’t just fill space. They prove added office clerk skills.
Expert Hint: Write a cover letter for your resume for office clerk jobs. Match it to the desk job you want by knowing the requirements. Then show how you’ve done those things well.
Double your impact with a matching resume and cover letter combo. Use our cover letter generator and make your application documents pop out.
Want to try a different look? There's 21 more. A single click will give your document a total makeover. Pick a cover letter template here.
Here’s how to write an office clerk resume:
- Use the best office clerk resume template. The one at the top of this guide lets you add your key office achievements.
- List the office clerk skills that match up with the job you’re trying for.
- Write a clerical job resume summary for the top. In it, spotlight your best features.
- Add “extra” resume sections that show you’re not just here to punch a timecard.
- Write an office clerk cover letter. You can get some inspiration from these administrative assistant cover letter examples.
Got questions on how to write good resumes for office clerk jobs? Not sure how to put office clerk on a resume? Leave a comment. We’ll be happy to reply!