Networking while still in college will help you secure your professional career. Ace it with pro tips from educators, career advisors, college counsellors, and former students.
In modelling, the competition is fierce, and the value subjective.
Anya Taylor-Joy, the star of "Emma", at the age of 16 was chased down the streets of London by the director of one of the top UK model agencies in the UK.
If you don’t feel like walking around in the rain for the next few months trying to lock eyes with a model agent that’s out for Prosecco at lunch, and don’t feel like carrying pepper spray in case it’s not an agent, this guide has everything you need to write a breathtaking model resume.
In this guide:
- A model resume example that will get your heels in the door.
- A guide on what to put in your model resume objective.
- How to describe your modeling achievements in a captivating way.
First, let’s see one of our model model resumes.
Save hours of work and get a resume like this. Pick a template, fill it in. Quick and easy. Choose from 18+ resume templates and download your resume now.
What users say about ResumeLab:
I had an interview yesterday and the first thing they said on the phone was: “Wow! I love your resume.”
I love the variety of templates. Good job guys, keep up the good work!
My previous resume was really weak and I used to spend hours adjusting it in Word. Now, I can introduce any changes within minutes. Absolutely wonderful!
Model Resume Sample You Can Copy and Use
Linda D. Dinan
3054 Stratford Court
Raleigh, NC 27604
33/24/33, 5’12”, 131lbs, energetic fashion model with 5+ years experience in print, TV, online and live catwalk appearances for 150+ different brands, including Adidas, Michael Kors, ASOS and G-Star. Responsible for building own Instagram following with over 149,000 followers, and establishing relationships with 20+ brands through this channel, including Ecco and Natural Skincare. Seeking to be represented by Seize Management in the field of high fashion.
Haute Model Management
- Modeled for 120+ brands, including Adidas, Michael Kors, ASOS and G-Star.
- Live catwalk appearances in New York, Los Angeles, and Miami.
- Featured in 350+ online adverts, posts and videos.
- Printed in 10+ magazines.
- Appeared in full-body, head, hand, and feet shots.
- Successfully fostered relationships with 5 clients for whom I became the go-to choice.
- Built own Instagram following from scratch: 12,000 followers the first year, now at 149,000.
- Established relationships with 20+ brands, including Ecco and Natural Skincare.
- Through taking my own photography I developed a strong understanding of light, angles and posing to better communicate with photographers
Raleigh High School
- Softball Team Captain
- Photography Club Member, taking the Annual Prize in 2012
- 125 – 132 lbs
- Green Eyes
- Natural Blonde Hair
- Keen Photographer, winning 3 regional competitions last year
- Volunteer at Greenpeace, doing outreach two times a month
- Registered Yoga Teacher (Yoga Alliance)
- Conversational Spanish
- Conversational French
- Fluent German
Are you a person of many talents? Or just with a need for cash, no matter where it comes from? Here are our other resume guides that you might find interesting:
- Brand Ambassador Resume—Examples and 25+ Writing Tips
- Dance Resume—Examples and 25+ Writing Tips
- Hostess Resume—Examples and 25+ Writing Tips
- Makeup Artist Resume—Sample and Tips (+Objective & Skills)
- Artist Resume—Examples and 25+ Writing Tips
- Film Resume—Examples and 25+ Writing Tips
- Hair Stylist Resume—Examples and 25+ Writing Tips
- Career Change Resume—Examples and 25+ Writing Tips
- Best Job Resume Examples for All Professions
- Entry Level Resume
- Teen Resume
Alright, let’s set the cameras up.
1. Use a Professional Model Resume Format
Do you come to a shoot dishevelled, confused, and back-to-front? Of course not. So why would you send a model resume like that? Appearances are everything, you of all people know this.
Make sure everything is framed and present properly, just like this:
Model Resume Format
- The reverse-chronological resume format will bring your most relevant experience to the top.
- Use an easy-on-the-eye resume font like Helvetica or Noto in 10–12pt.
- For a neat resume layout, use 1-inch resume margins, and leave space between paragraphs.
- Order your resume sections like this: Header, Objective, Experience, Education, and “Additional.”
- The one-page resume is by far enough.
- Send your resume as a PDF, unless it says otherwise
- Adding address to your resume is optional. Adding Instagram isn’t.
Let’s strike a pose.
Expert Hint: Presence is everything. Some people’s look is captured in their photos, other people’s souls are captured in theirs. Pick your favorite model, or one with a similar look to you, and study them precisely, everything from the way they walk to the way they smile with their eyes.
2. Write A Striking Model Resume Summary
Bio. Summary. Profile. Whatever.
Next to your pictures, this is the most crucial part of your model resume. At the top of your modelresume, list all the most crucial information, such as measurements, and most recent and prestigious experience. Focus on the big stuff. There will be space for minutiae such as eye color later on.
If you have experience, adopt the form of a resume summary:
Model Resume Profile
If you are light on professional experience, set out your achievements and ambitions in a resume objective.
Model Resume Objective
To get your model resume profile right:
- Get your measurements in early.
- Use power adjectives that are relevant to a model like energetic, or words that describe your look (eg. All-American).
- Refer to yourself as a Model.
- Sum up your years of experience and add a ‘+’.
- Describe your performance in terms of achievements and numbers.
Now, this is the right way to start your resume!
Expert Hint: Don’t underestimate the power of your social media following. Many brands prefer to start their campaign from your following, instead of sending out a campaign with you into the ether.
3. Nail Your Model Resume Job Description
Modelling is a very visual and subjective pursuit. It can be hard to find the right words to describe your physicality. So, you shouldn’t. Past the measurements and key details, they have the photos. So in your work experience section, try to focus more on your achievements, clients and projects.
Most people will not focus too much on this, and write in general terms about themselves, which is useless. Try to quantify your activities with some numbers, and make sure you cover a wide base of reasons to get hired.
Tailor your resume and focus on the things they described in the job posting.
Check out this job description from one of our model resume examples:
Model Job Description for a Resume
The difference is as big as the one between Karlie Kloss and Karl Marx.
What if it’s gonna be your first modelling job and you’re sending a resume with no experience? Well, first, your portfolio better be stunning. Second, there are many ways you can get non-professional experience.
You could also add a resume skills section.Instead of ‘Hard Skills’ that most resumes have, opt for an Attributes section, where you can give more detail about more minor details of your physicality.
Model Skills for Resume
- Fast Learner
- Interpersonal Skills
- Modern Dance
- Photoshoot Production
- Runway Turn
- Taking Direction
- Clear Skin
- Physically Fit
- Eye Color
- Unique Look
- Hair Color
The ResumeLab builder is more than looks. Get specific content to boost your chances of getting the job. Add job descriptions, bullet points, and skills. Easy. Improve your resume in our resume builder now.
Nail it all with a splash of color, choose a clean font, highlight your skills in just a few clicks. You’re the perfect candidate and we’ll prove it. Use the ResumeLab builder now.
4. Make Your Education Section An Additional Reason To Hire You
I know you don’t need an education to be a model. Still, you wouldn’t believe the amount of models that agents, photographers and other professionals find unbearable to work with because they focused on perfecting their catwalk when they should be finishing homework.
List your school name, degree, and graduation date. Sprinkle in an achievement if it’s something relevant to staying fit, being presentable, or even photography.
This education section sample shows how:
Promotional Model Resume Example—Education
5. Inject Your Model Resume With Added Sections
Alright, you’ve got the look. You might have the experience. What else is there? Some additional things can be relevant in modelling: languages, certain hobbies, references from professionals in the industry.
You could weave in a few bonus resume sections such as:
- Additional Activities
- Foreign Languages
- Hobbies and Interests
- Professional References
- Skills—if you haven’t included them as part of your other sections
Just see how different these two model resume examples are:
Model Resume Example—Extra Sections
When adding extra sections, ask yourself—is it a reason to hire you? No? Skip it.
And… that’s it! Now you have a perfect resume!
One last thing.
Write a cover letter. There’s no better way to show your motivation.
Double your impact with a matching resume and cover letter combo. Use our cover letter builder and make your application documents pop out.
Want to try a different look? There’s 18 more. A single click will give your document a total makeover. Pick a cover letter template here.
Before you send that model resume onto the catwalk:
- Follow the resume format—margins, fonts, 1 page, reverse chronological.
- Start from our model resume sample and build your own.
- Inject your model job description with achievements and numbers regarding your performance.
- Make sure your portfolio shows a variety of looks and contexts, and flows well within itself.
Got questions on how to write a great resume for model jobs? Did we help you get your model resume right? Leave a comment. We’ll be happy to reply.