You can stop searching—this is the ultimate collection of best resume tips that can help you succeed in 2023. These resume writing tips will help to impress hiring managers.
To get hired, your supervisor resume must do one thing—
Show a track record of leadership success.
Don’t sweat it. We’ll go through the key success factors to move you from good to great.
In this guide:
- A supervisor resume sample better than most.
- How to write a resume for supervisors that gets interviews.
- How to make a supervisor job description for resumes they’ll notice.
- Why you can’t just list supervisor skills (and what to do instead).
Create a job-winning resume with little effort. Hack your way through ATS software with our 18 beautiful templates—give our builder a try!
Could you be more than “just” a supervisor? See our guides:
- Project Manager Resume Sample & Guide
- Customer Service Manager Resume Sample & Guide
- Product Manager Resume Sample & Guide
- Management (General) Resume Sample & Guide
- Operations Manager Resume Sample & Guide
- Logistics Resume Sample & Guide
- Machinist Resume Sample & Guide
- Production Manager Resume Sample & Guide
- Management Resume Sample & Guide
- Executive Resume Sample & Guide
- Maintenance Resume Sample & Guide
- Maintenance Technician Resume Sample & Guide
- Business Manager Resume Sample & Guide
- Consultant Resume Sample & Guide
- Nurse Manager Resume Sample & Guide
Haven't found what you're looking for? Check all our Resume Samples.
Are you new to supervisor jobs? See this guide:
Supervisor Resume Sample You Can Copy and Use
Engaging supervisor with 5+ years of experience. Seeking to serve employees and customers at Chatauga Human Capital, Inc. At PPP, built team of 30+ call center employees, handling accounts worth $100M per year in revenue. Held team turnover to historical low of 20% annually. Drove direct reports to exceed KPIs by 12% average.
Purple People Power Inc.
- Recruited, onboarded, trained, and supervised team of 30+ operations employees in call center with 1,000+ calls per hour.
- Led customer service team responsible for managing client accounts worth $100M in annual revenue.
- Through communication and creating targeted incentive programs, held turnover to company historical low of 20% per year.
- Performed quarterly reviews of 30+ employees, driving team members to exceed KPIs by an average of 12%.
Customer Service Representative
MLA Systems International
- Facilitated onboarding and training of 15 new hires.
- Mentored 10 new hires, achieving 95% adherence to KPIs.
- Created weekly employee work schedules.
BA Business Management, Central Michigan University
- Excelled in business management classes.
- Led 2 student teams of 5 employees each to create business administration projects that scored in the top 3% against peers.
- Organizational behavior - 4.0 GPA
- Human resources management - 4.0 GPA
- Ethics - 4.0 GPA
- Contact Center Training Supervisor Certification
- ICMI Certification of Sales Excellence
- Weekly volunteer, Cass County Animal Shelter.
- Avid trail runner.
Hard Skills: Organizational behavior, recruiting, training, quarterly reviews
Soft Skills: Leadership, interpersonal skills, communication, collaboration
Here’s how to write a standout supervisor resume:
1. Select the Right Supervisor Resume Format
Make a solid first impression.
To do it, create a great looking supervisor resume.
Complete it with these tips:
Supervisor Resume Format
- Use a resume font like 10–12pt Arial or Times New Roman.
- Set one-inch margins.
- Begin with your latest job.
- For resume sections, use Heading, Summary, Experience, Education, and Skills.
- Make it inviting by injecting white space.
- Stick to a 1-page resume length unless you’ve got 7+ years of experience.
- Send a PDF resume. Those hold up well no matter where they’re viewed.
Expert Hint: 39% of employees say their supervisors don’t keep promises. Don’t lie on your resume for supervisor jobs. Liars make “bad bosses” who torpedo productivity.
2. Write a Supervisor Resume Objective or Summary
Start with why.
It’s a critical success factor for your supervisor resume.
- An adjective (engaging, personable)
- Years of experience (4+, 8+)
- What you’ll do, and who for (serve employees and customers at CHC Inc.)
- Best supervisor moments (built team of 30+...)
Place it after the header, but—
Make it last so you don’t grope for what to say.
See these supervisor resume examples:
Supervisor Resume Summary—Example
The second of those supervisor resume samples is generic. The first says what, where, and how much.
Do likewise with a resume for supervisors with no experience.
See this sample entry-level resume for supervisor jobs:
Entry-Level Supervisor Resume Objective
The first of those supervisor resume examples sounds capable. The second could be copied from the company handbook.
Expert Hint: Most organizations are half as productive as they could be, thanks to poor leadership. You must show productivity in your resume summary for supervisor jobs.
The ResumeLab builder is more than looks. Get specific content to boost your chances of getting the job. Add job descriptions, bullet points, and skills. Easy. Improve your resume in our resume builder now.
Nail it all with a splash of color, choose a clean font, and highlight your skills in just a few clicks. You're the perfect candidate, and we'll prove it. Use our resume builder now.
3. Onboard Your Supervisor Job Description and Skills Section
What supervisor skills should go in a resume?
Employers respect hard and soft supervisor skills like these:
List of Supervisor Skills for Resumes
Quarterly or Annual Reviews
Tracking Employee Progress
Don’t use them all! That looks like fudging.
Target your resume instead.
To write a supervisor job description for resumes:
- Go through the job ad for the best skills to put on a resume.
- Write bullet points that include those resume keywords.
- Add numbers to prove your skill level isn’t paltry.
Let’s say the job you want needs these supervisor skills: training, leadership, communication, quarterly reviews.
Check out these supervisor resume samples:
Supervisor Job Description for a Resume [Sample]
The first of our supervisor resume examples lists all four skills they need. Numbers like 30+ and $100M make it sizzle.
Are you writing an entry-level resume for a job?
Pretend they advertised for supervisor skills like training, mentoring, and scheduling.
See these sample resume job descriptions for supervisors with no experience:
Entry-Level Supervisor Resume Job Description [Sample]
The first of those entry-level supervisor resume examples lists training, mentoring, and scheduling as ordered. Numbers like 15, 10, and 95% add weight to your argument.
4. Write a Solid Education Section
Supervisors don’t need doctoral degrees.
But the education section of a resume for supervisor jobs should show primal leadership.
This supervisor duties resume sample shows how:
Supervisor Resume Example—Education
What’s great about that supervisor resume education section?
It shows leadership and other supervisor skills—not just a degree.
Does it need to be so long?
Nope. If you’ve got plenty of great work achievements to add on your resume, shorten it.
5. Add Extras to Your Supervisor Resume
Who would you rather hire?
Someone with “experience and education?” Or—
An employee who shows energy and passion?
Add some “extra” supervisor resume sections to stand out.
Try 1–2 of these additional resume items:
- Associations (AMA, NMA)
- Certifications (call center, sales, etc.)
- Volunteer work
- Freelance work
- Additional activities
- Fitness activities
See these supervisors resume examples:
Supervisor Resume—Extra Sections
See the difference?
The first of those supervisor resume examples shows passion.
Do you need certifications? Nope. But they help distinguish an entry-level resume for supervisor jobs.
Expert Hint: Write a cover letter for your resume for supervisor jobs. Spend most of the page talking up the company and job. Spend a little on why and how you fit.
Double your impact with a matching resume and cover letter combo. Use our cover letter generator and make your application documents pop out.
Want to try a different look? There's 21 more. A single click will give your document a total makeover. Pick a cover letter template here.
Here’s how to write a supervisor resume:
- Use the supervisor resume template up top. The reverse-chronological format lets you show your best supervisor moments.
- Include supervisor duties and resume skills like training or conducting quarterly reviews. But show productivity to land interviews.
- Create a supervisor summary after your header. Put the best parts of your resume for supervisor jobs in it.
- Create “extra” resume sections that show energy and passion.
Got questions on how to write great resumes for supervisor jobs? Not sure how to put supervisor on a resume? Leave a comment. We’ll be happy to reply!