Resume words that add horsepower to any resume. This resume action words list is so well organized you can find the best resume verbs for your resume in your sleep.
Being a caregiver is so rewarding.
Searching for caregiver jobs isn’t.
You can apply to 50 jobs and get zero response.
Let’s end that.
The secret? Showing the right parts of your past.
This guide will show you:
- A caregiver resume sample better than most.
- How to make a good caregiver job description for resumes.
- How to write a resume for caregiver jobs that gets interviews.
- Why you can’t just list caregiver skills (and what to do instead).
Save hours of work and get a resume like this. Pick a template, fill it in. Quick and easy. Choose from 18+ resume templates and download your resume now.
What users say about ResumeLab:
I had an interview yesterday and the first thing they said on the phone was: “Wow! I love your resume.”
I love the variety of templates. Good job guys, keep up the good work!
My previous resume was really weak and I used to spend hours adjusting it in Word. Now, I can introduce any changes within minutes. Absolutely wonderful!
Got other health care skills? See our guides:
- Medical Assistant Resume
- Home Health Aide Resume
- Case Manager Resume
- Nurse Resume
- LPN Resume
- Nursing Student Resume
- Emergency Room Nurse Resume
- Phlebotomist Resume
- Social Work Resume
- Respiratory Therapist Resume
- Personal Trainer Resume
- Massage Therapist Resume
- Occupational Therapy Resume
- Cna Resume
- Nanny Resume
- Babysitter Resume
- Child Care Resume
- Stay at Home Mom Resume
- Healthcare Resume
- Medical-Surgical Nurse Resume
- Vet Resume
Haven't found what you're looking for? Check all our Resume Examples for Any Job.
Caregiver Resume Sample You Can Copy and Use
Helpful caregiver & CNA with 5+ years of experience. Seeking to provide excellent care for clients of Better Tomorrows In-Home Care. At "There for You," received 6 personal praise letters from clients. Maintained 97% review score. Compassionate & efficient.
- CPR & First Aid, American Red Cross
There for You In-Home Care
- Provided in-home care to elderly and disabled patients, including companionship, personal care, transport, and homemaking.
- Maintained 97% client reviews for efficiency and compassion.
- Transported clients to shopping, appointments, movies, and other outings while preserving 100% clean driving record.
- Received 6 personal letters from clients and family members praising my meal preparation for quality and nutrition.
Doane Senior Living
- Provided daily care to 40+ residents in upscale senior-living facility.
- Used time-management to handle 15% more clients than average.
- Commended 3x by manager for good patient handling skills.
- Promoted 4 months after hiring for efficiency and dedication.
- Provided living assistance for two elderly clients.
- Commended 3x by family members and clients for communication and compassion. Recognized by family members for dependability.
Sampson Medical Center CNA Training Program, 2013
- Excelled in patient care coursework.
- Scored high marks in clinical practice work.
Black Mountain High School, NC
- Facilitated 11 fundraisers as Girl Scout leader.
- Member, women's track team.
- Volunteer 2x per month as caregiver for elderly neighbor.
- Work as volunteer Goodwill cashier 2x per month.
Hard Skills: safe patient handling, following plan of care, clean driving record, CPR and First Aid
Soft Skills: compassion, communication, time management
Now here’s how to write a caregiver resume that puts you in charge:
1. Start With the Best Caregiver Resume Format
Caregivers provide assistance to the sick, elderly, disabled, or injured. Also known as personal care aides or home health aides, they may help with homemaking, meal preparation, transportation, and keeping appointments. Caregiver resumes must show experience in those areas, plus compassion and competence.
A well-formatted resume for caregiver jobs will stand above the rest.
Use these formatting tips:
Caregiver Resume Format
- Choose the reverse-chronological format.
- Use good resume fonts like Lato or Trebuchet in 10–12pt.
- Set margins at 1 inch, with white space between resume sections.
- Make your resume length 1 page for caregiver jobs.
- Use these sections: Header, Objective, Experience, Education, Skills, and “Additional.”
Expert Hint: Save your caregiver duties resume as a PDF file. PDFs look the same on all devices, and ATS software has no trouble reading them.
2. Write a Caregiver Resume Objective or Summary
This is vital:
Hiring teams spend 7 seconds with each resume.
Give them a sneak peak that makes them want more.
- The words “Caregiver”
- Years of experience (3+, 7+)
- How you’ll help (provide excellent care...)
- The name of the company (Better Tomorrows In-Home Care, etc.)
- Best achievement or two (Maintained 97% review score...)
These caregiver resume examples show the plan:
Caregiver Resume Summary—Example
See the difference?
The first of those caregiver resume samples has details. It shows snapshots of your past that make you look good.
The second is hollow chest-pounding.
Caregiver Resume Objective—Example
Writing an entry-level caregiver resume?
You have enough experience.
It’s in the volunteering and freelancing you’ve done, or caring for parents. You can even get it from non-caregiver jobs.
Expert Hint: Write your caregiver duties resume summary or objective when you finish the rest of your resume. That way you’ll have all the building blocks in hand.
3. Write an Attractive Caregiver Job Description & List Your Skills
Here’s the deal:
They won’t hire the caregiver with the most experience.
They’ll hire the one who shows it best.
Your work history has to prove caregiver skills.
How to write a caregiver job description for resumes
- Sift through the job ad to find the right skills.
- Think of past moments when you exemplified them.
- Use those times as your resume keywords in your caregiver experience bullet points.
- Include numbers to avoid empty bragging.
These private caregiver resume examples show how:
Caregiver Job Description for Resume [Sample]
Let’s break that down.
The first of those elderly caregiver resume examples shows efficiency, compassion, and more—just what the job needs!
The second isn’t horrible! But it’ll blend into the wallpaper.
Writing an entry-level resume for caregiver jobs? See below.
Entry-Level Caregiver Resume Job Description [Sample]
Those in-home caregiver resume examples are so different. But—
They’re the same person. One shows the right caregiver skills, with numbers for scale.
Show a mix of hard and soft skills on your resume. Use these suggestions:
Caregiver Resume Skills List
Safe Patient Handling
Following Plan of Care
Clean Driving Record
Documenting Daily Activities
Expert Hint: Your caregiver resume achievements need numbers, but vary them. Add some percents, some numbers of patients, and some other metrics for diversity.
The ResumeLab builder is more than looks. Get specific content to boost your chances of getting the job. Add job descriptions, bullet points, and skills. Easy. Improve your resume in our resume builder now.
Nail it all with a splash of color, choose a clean font, highlight your skills in just a few clicks. You’re the perfect candidate and we’ll prove it. Use the ResumeLab builder now.
4. Turn Boring Education to a Reason to Hire You
A resume for caregiver jobs doesn’t need a master’s degree.
Use the education section of your resume to prove caregiver skills.
This child caregiver resume example does it comfortably:
It shows competence and physical fitness—both needed for caregiver jobs.
Expert Hint: Do you have a CNA certification? Add it to a separate section under education. Include other bonus resume sections too. (More on those below.)
5. Invigorate Your Caregiver Resume With Bonus Sections
The caregiver hiring team calls you.
They were impressed with your family caregiver resume.
But it wasn’t just your work history.
They loved the extra resume items you listed.
Add one or two of these:
- Certifications (CNA, First Aid, First Responder)
- Professional Associations (NAC, ACA)
- Foreign Languages
- Additional Activities
- Volunteer Work
- Continuing Education
These personal caregiver resume examples lay it out:
Caregiver Resume—Extra Sections
Use “bonus” sections like that to add more skills examples.
The first caregiver resume sample above shows you live and breathe service.
Expert Hint: Writing a cover letter for caregiver jobs is a great idea. You’ll vastly increase the chances the manager will read your resume.
Double your impact with a matching resume and cover letter combo. Use our cover letter builder and make your application documents pop out.
Want to try a different look? There’s 18 more. A single click will give your document a total makeover. Pick a cover letter template here.
For a caregiver resume that will get you hired:
- Use the caregiver resume template up top. It follows the right plan of care to get you the job.
- Put caregiver accomplishments throughout your resume. Add them to your objective, experience, education, and “bonus” sections.
- List key caregiver skills. Can’t think what those are? Find them in the online posting.
- Write a caregiver cover letter. It’s the best way to show you want this job, and you’re not just shotgunning resumes.
Got questions on how to write a great resume for caregiver jobs? Not sure how to show caregiver on a resume? Leave a comment. We’ll be happy to reply!