Find out how to send a CV by email and what to write in an email when sending a CV. See a sample email for sending a CV and learn how to write one yourself.
To get hired, your supervisor CV must do one thing—
Show a track record of leadership success.
Don’t sweat it. We’ll go through the key success factors to move you from good to great.
In this guide:
- A supervisor CV sample better than most.
- How to write a CV for supervisors that gets interviews.
- How to make a supervisor duties description for CVs they’ll notice.
- Why you can’t just list supervisor skills (and what to do instead).
Save hours of work and get a CV like this. Pick a template, fill it in. Quick and easy. Choose from 21 CV templates and download your CV now.
Create a job-winning CV with little effort. Hack your way through ATS software with our 18 beautiful templates—give our builder a try!
What users say about Resumelab:
I had an interview yesterday and the first thing they said on the phone was: “Wow! I love your CV.”
I love the variety of templates. Good job guys, keep up the good work!
My previous CV was really weak and I used to spend hours adjusting it in Word. Now, I can introduce any changes within minutes. Absolutely wonderful!
Could you be more than “just” a supervisor? See our guides:
- Project Manager CV Sample & Guide
- Product Manager CV Sample & Guide
- Management (General) CV Sample & Guide
- Operations Manager CV Sample & Guide
- Business Manager CV Sample & Guide
- Consultant CV Sample & Guide
Haven't found what you're looking for? Check all our CV Samples.
Are you new to supervisor jobs? See this guide:
Supervisor CV Template You Can Copy and Use
078 5425 6489
Engaging supervisor with 5+ years of experience. Seeking to serve employees and customers at Chatauga Human Capital, Ltd. At PPP, built team of 30+ call centre employees, handling accounts worth £100M per year in revenue. Held team turnover to historical low of 20% annually. Drove direct reports to exceed KPIs by 12% average.
Purple People Power Ltd.
December 2014–April 2019
- Recruited, onboarded, trained, and supervised team of 30+ operations employees in call centre with 1,000+ calls per hour.
- Led customer service team responsible for managing client accounts worth £100M in annual revenue.
- Through communication and creating targeted incentive programs, held turnover to company historical low of 20% per year.
- Performed quarterly reviews of 30+ employees, driving team members to exceed KPIs by an average of 12%.
Customer Service Representative
MLA Systems International
November 2012–November 2014
- Facilitated onboarding and training of 15 new hires.
- Mentored 10 new hires, achieving 95% adherence to KPIs.
- Created weekly employee work schedules.
BA Business Management, University of Birmingham
- Excelled in business management classes.
- Led 2 student teams of 5 employees each to create business administration projects that scored in the top 3% against peers.
- Relevant Coursework: Organisational behaviour, Human resources management, Ethics
- CCMA Effective Performance Management Certification
- ICS Customer Service Coach Qualification Certification
- Weekly volunteer, Cass Town Animal Shelter
- Avid trail runner
Hard Skills: Organisational behaviour, recruiting, training, quarterly reviews
Soft Skills: Leadership, interpersonal skills, communication, collaboration
Here’s how to write a standout supervisor CV:
1. Select the Right Supervisor CV Format
Make a solid first impression.
To do it, create a great looking supervisor CV.
Complete it with these tips:
CV Supervisor Sample—Format
- Use a CV font like 10–12pt Arial or Times New Roman.
- Set one-inch margins.
- Begin with your latest job.
- For CV sections, use Heading, Professional Summary, Experience, Education, and Skills.
- Make it inviting by injecting white space.
- Stick to a 1-page CV length unless you’ve got 7+ years of experience.
- Send a PDF CV. Those hold up well no matter where they’re viewed.
Expert Hint: 39% of employees say their supervisors don’t keep promises. Don’t lie on your CV for supervisor jobs. Liars make “bad bosses” who torpedo productivity.
2. Write a Supervisor CV Objective or Summary
Start with why.
It’s a critical success factor for your supervisor CV.
- An adjective (engaging, personable)
- Years of experience (4+, 8+)
- What you’ll do, and who for (serve employees and customers at CHC Ltd.)
- Best supervisor moments (built team of 30+...)
Place it after the header, but—
Make it last so you don’t grope for what to say.
See these supervisor CV examples:
Supervisor CV Example—Professional Summary
The second of those supervisor CV samples is generic. The first says what, where, and how much.
Do likewise with a CV for supervisors with no experience.
See this sample entry-level CV for supervisor jobs:
Entry-Level Supervisor CV Objective
The first of those supervisor CV examples sounds capable. The second could be copied from the company handbook.
Expert Hint: Most organisations are half as productive as they could be, thanks to poor leadership. You must show productivity in your CV summary for supervisor jobs.
The ResumeLab builder is more than looks. Get specific content to boost your chances of getting the job. Add job descriptions, bullet points, and skills. Easy. Improve your CV in our CV builder now.
3. Onboard Your Supervisor Duties and Skills Section
What supervisor skills should go in a CV?
Employers respect hard and soft supervisor skills like these:
List of Supervisor Skills for CVs
Quarterly or Annual Reviews
Tracking Employee Progress
Don’t use them all! That looks like fudging.
Target your CV instead.
To write a supervisor job description for CVs:
- Go through the job ad for the best CV skills.
- Write bullet points that include those CV keywords.
- Add numbers to prove your skill level isn’t paltry.
Let’s say the job you want needs these supervisor skills: training, leadership, communication, quarterly reviews.
Check out these supervisor CV samples:
Supervisor Duties CV—Sample
The first of our supervisor CV examples lists all four skills they need. Numbers like 30+ and £100M make it sizzle.
Are you writing an entry-level CV for a job?
Pretend they advertised for supervisor skills like training, mentoring, and scheduling.
See these sample CV job descriptions for supervisors with no experience:
Entry-Level CV Template for a Supervisor
The first of those junior supervisor CV examples lists training, mentoring, and scheduling as ordered. Numbers like 15, 10, and 95% add weight to your argument.
4. Write a Solid Education Section
Supervisors don’t need doctoral degrees.
But the education section of a CV for supervisor jobs should show primal leadership.
This supervisor duties CV sample shows how:
Supervisor CV Example—Education
What’s great about that supervisor CV education section?
It shows leadership and other supervisor skills—not just a degree.
Does it need to be so long?
Nope. If you’ve got plenty of great work achievements to add on your CV, shorten it.
5. Add Extras to Your Supervisor CV
Who would you rather hire?
Someone with “experience and education?” Or—
An employee who shows energy and passion?
Add some “extra” supervisor CV sections to stand out.
Try 1–2 of these additional CV items:
- Associations (CMI, IPMA)
- Certifications (call centre, sales, etc.)
- Volunteer work
- Freelance work
- Additional activities
- Fitness activities
See these supervisors CV examples:
Supervisor CV—Extra Sections
See the difference?
The first of those supervisor CV examples shows passion.
Do you need certifications? Nope. But they help distinguish an entry-level CV for supervisor jobs.
Expert Hint: Write a cover letter for your CV for supervisor jobs. Spend most of the page talking up the company and job. Spend a little on why and how you fit.
Double your impact with a matching CV and cover letter combo. Use our cover letter builder and make your application documents pop out.
Here’s how to write a supervisor CV:
- Use the supervisor CV template up top. The reverse-chronological format lets you show your best supervisor moments.
- Include supervisor duties and CV skills like training or conducting quarterly reviews. But show productivity to land interviews.
- Create a supervisor summary after your header. Put the best parts of your CV for supervisor jobs in it.
- Create “extra” CV sections that show energy and passion.
Got questions on how to write great CVs for supervisor jobs? Not sure how to put supervisor on a CV? Leave a comment. We’ll be happy to reply!