Looking for cover letter tips and advice to really stand out? Want cover letter mistakes to avoid and other dos and don'ts? You've come to the right place.
Early morning rush hours don’t scare you. On the contrary, you flourish under pressure and can complete several tasks simultaneously.
On top of that, your interpersonal skills are top-notch. You are a people person and can resolve any complaint in no time.
Does it sound like you?
If yes, you might be cut out for a Starbucks job. And with this Starbucks resume, you will land the job faster than it takes to prepare a nonfat soy latte.
In this guide:
- A Starbucks resume example that lands jobs.
- How to ace your Starbucks job description on a resume.
- How to write a resume for a Starbucks worker that gets the interview.
- Expert tips and examples to boost your chances of landing a Starbucks job.
Save hours of work and get a job-winning resume like this. Try our resume builder with 20+ resume templates and create your resume now.
What users say about ResumeLab:
I had an interview yesterday and the first thing they said on the phone was: “Wow! I love your resume.”
I love the variety of templates. Good job guys, keep up the good work!
My previous resume was really weak and I used to spend hours adjusting it in Word. Now, I can introduce any changes within minutes. Absolutely wonderful!
Not interested in writing a Starbucks resume? See our guides for other food service jobs:
- Bartender Resume
- Barista Resume
- Fast Food Resume
- Restaurant Manager Resume
- Chef Resume
- Food Service Resume
- Food Runner Resume
- Restaurant Resume
- Server Resume
- Delivery Driver Resume
- Line Cook Resume
- Waiter & Waitress Resume
- Walmart Resume
- Best Resumes for Every Profession
Before you delve into the nitty-gritty of how to write a resume, let’s take a look at a Starbucks resume example:
Starbucks Resume Example
Brenda R. Hamby
Effective barista with over 5 years of experience providing helpful service. Eager to assist Starbucks at 3165 Aaron Smith Drive provide fast and friendly customer service. At Mick’s Coffee, received the Employee of the Month title for 6x for excellent interpersonal skills and welcoming customer service.
Mick’s Coffee, Sacramento, CA
February 2020–February 2022
Key Qualifications & Responsibilities
- Provided excellent customer service as a barista for 2 years. Answered customers' inquiries and resolved complaints.
- Served 200+ customers per day and gave each one my full attention.
- Received Employee of the Month title 6 times for outstanding service. Applied interpersonal skills and attention to detail to fulfill each order.
- Followed internal service and register/cash handling policies and procedures with 99.8% accuracy. Reconciled any errors by the end of the day.
- Raised customer service scores by 15% in 2 years.
Carroll and Sons, Santa Clara, CA
March 2017–January 2020
Key Qualifications & Responsibilities
- Maintained high customer satisfaction scores as a cashier for 3 years.
- Used POS to process an average of 100 transactions per day and $5,000 in sales while maintaining cash drawer accuracy of 10% above the target value.
- Prepared deposits by making reports via Excel with 100% accuracy.
- Earned top marks in 10 quarterly manager evaluations for speed, accuracy, friendliness, and professionalism.
BA in Communication Studies
Barstow Community College,
- Cash register operations
- Strong communication skills
- Customer service skills
- Food and beverages preparation
- Attention to detail
- Light and heavy cleaning
Here are resume dos and don'ts that will help you write a Starbucks resume that will catch the manager’s attention:
1. Start with the Right Starbucks Resume Format
Your resume should look like latte art—full of details yet easily readable.
To achieve that, follow these resume formatting tips.
Starbucks Resume Format
- Apply the reverse-chronological format to highlight your recent employment and education.
- There is no one best font for a resume, but you should choose a professional one, for example, Arial, Times New Roman, Cambria, or Georgia.
- Implement 1” resume margins on all sides of your file.
- Submit a 1-page resume. It’s the best resume length for most jobs, including Starbucks.
- Use these resume sections: Header, Summary, Experience, Educations, Skills, Additional.
Once you’re done brewing your application, save your resume as a PDF.
2. Write an Effective Starbucks Resume Objective or Summary
Starbucks' total number of employees in 2021 was 138,000. That includes managers, assistant managers, baristas, and all others.
To catch the eye of a recruiter, your resume profile needs to stand out in the crowd.
If you already have some experience, share your unique skills and accomplishments in a resume summary.
Here’s our step-by-step guide:
- Start with one adjective, for example, efficient, friendly, or motivated.
- Next, state your job title, e.g. barista
- Years of experience (2+, 5+).
- Talk about your strong suits using resume power words.
- State 2–3 of your proudest achievements.
If you’re writing an entry-level resume and don’t have much experience, don’t worry.
You can spice up your Starbucks resume with a resume objective.
Write about your academic experience or any other professional experience. Think about any transferable skills, goals, and intentions in applying for the job.
3. Create an Informative Starbucks Resume Job Description
Do you have any experience in customer service? What about food service? Or working in a hectic environment? You want to highlight your work experience section with your skills, qualifications, and achievements.
You can let the recruiter know about your abilities by crafting a tailored resume job history section!
How to write a job description for a Starbucks resume:
- Read the job ad carefully.
- Spot the essential requirements—these will be the resume keywords you will use while describing your past experiences.
- Think of examples when you have used these skills to wow your supervisors.
- Use action words to write down bullet points showing those examples.
- Add a standout accomplishment to each bullet point.
Applying the above scheme will help you target your resume so it is compliant with ATS.
While writing your job description, focus on your professional achievements and accomplishments.
4. Whip up a Job-Getting Starbucks Resume Skills Section
After finishing the job description, concentrate on writing a comprehensive list of skills for a resume.
The skills section should be tailored to the job posting as well. Finally, apply the resume keywords so that the recruiter can easily spot that you are the right candidate for the job.
Starbucks Resume Skills
- Customer Service Skills
- Brewing Coffee
- Espresso Machine
- Cash Registry
- Latte Art
- Milk Steaming
- Knowledge of Coffee and Roast
- Interpersonal Skills
- Time Management Skills
- Communication Skills
- Training Others
- Point-of-Sale system
- Stress Management
- Leadership Skills
The ResumeLab builder is more than looks. Get specific content to boost your chances of getting the job. Add job descriptions, bullet points, and skills. Easy. Improve your resume in our resume builder now.
Nail it all with a splash of color, choose a clean font, and highlight your skills in just a few clicks. You're the perfect candidate, and we'll prove it. Use our resume builder now.
5. Add an Education Section to Your Starbucks Resume
The educational background on a resume for Starbucks does matter!
If you have a few years of experience, you can limit your education section to your highest level of schooling, complete with the name of the institution and graduation year.
In the absence of work experience, though, use your education to its full potential!
You don’t need an Ivy League degree to become a Starbucks, well, star. But you can distinguish yourself from other candidates:
- Show your GPA on a resume if it is very high. Otherwise, you may skip it.
- You don’t have to list all the coursework or school projects. But stop and think about extracurricular activities. Do any of them show skills a Starbucks employee would need?
- Did you play sports? Take part in school plays or any other activities where you had to cooperate closely with other people? That would definitely show your teamwork skills!
6. Include Extra Sections in Your Starbucks Resume
Do you want to put a cherry on the top of your Starbucks resume?
Add a bonus section or two to your resume. That way, you will be able to present a better picture of your talents and competencies.
Here are some ideas of what you can include:
- Additional Activities
- Foreign Languages
- Hobbies and Interests
- Professional References
According to the Job Seeker Nation Study, 26% of recruiters read cover letters. They also consider them critical in their decision to hire a candidate.
To increase your chances of getting hired, write the best cover letter you can.
Double your impact with a matching resume and cover letter combo. Use our cover letter generator and make your application documents pop out.
Want to try a different look? There's 21 more. A single click will give your document a total makeover. Pick a cover letter template here.
For a Starbucks resume that will get you hired, remember to:
- Format your document correctly before you start writing.
- State your achievements and skills in your summary, work history, education, and other sections to show that you are the perfect candidate.
- Add bonus sections to highlight your abilities.
- Write a cover letter. Include any quantifiable achievements that are related to the job post.
Do you have questions on how to write a Starbucks resume that will get you hired? Not sure how to show your skills or other achievements? Don’t hesitate to leave a comment. We’ll be more than happy to reply.
About ResumeLab’s Editorial Process
At ResumeLab, quality is at the crux of our values, supporting our commitment to delivering top-notch career resources. The editorial team of career experts carefully reviews every article in accordance with editorial guidelines, ensuring the high quality and reliability of our content. We actively conduct original research, shedding light on the job market's intricacies and earning recognition from numerous influential news outlets. Our dedication to delivering expert career advice attracts millions of readers to our blog each year.