Learn how to email a resume the right way and start getting more job offers. See a proven resume email sample and learn how to write one yourself.
You can have all the housekeeping skills out there, but here’s what gets you hired: being better than the others.
Your housekeeping resume must pass the white-glove test. Luckily, we can help you with that.
In this guide:
- A housekeeping resume example better than most.
- How to make a clean housekeeper job description for resumes.
- How to write a resume for housekeeper jobs that sparkles.
- Why you can’t simply list housekeeping skills on a resume (and what to do instead).
Save hours of work and get a job-winning resume like this. Try our resume builder with 20+ resume templates and create your resume now.
What users say about ResumeLab:
I had an interview yesterday and the first thing they said on the phone was: “Wow! I love your resume.”
I love the variety of templates. Good job guys, keep up the good work!
My previous resume was really weak and I used to spend hours adjusting it in Word. Now, I can introduce any changes within minutes. Absolutely wonderful!
Thinking about other jobs? See our guides:
- Server Resume Examples
- Bartender Resume Examples
- Barista Resume Examples
- Waiter / Waitress Resume Examples
- Hostess Resume Examples
- Dishwasher Resume Examples
- Landscaping Resume Examples
- Mechanic Resume Examples
- Hospitality Resume Examples
- Home Health Aide Resume Examples
- Stay at Home Mom Resume Examples
Planning a move back to school? See these:
- Resume for College Application Sample & Guide
- Student Resume Sample & Guide
- Internship Resume Sample & Guide
- Teen Resume Sample & Guide
Haven't found what you're looking for? Check all our Resume Examples for Any Job.
Housekeeping Resume Example
Cheerful housekeeper, skilled in daily cleaning and deep cleaning, seeking to provide excellent service at The Plaza. At Sixty LES, contributed to 50% improvement in guest scores for housekeeping. Selected by management to retrain 4 housekeepers in correct procedures. Housekeeper of the month 4x.
- Worked as trusted housekeeper in high-end downtown hotel. Cleaned rooms daily and performed regular deep cleanings.
- Chosen by manager to retrain 4 housekeepers in best practices, including cleaning rooms, hallways, and common areas.
- Contributed to 20% boost in positive guest rating scores on Yelp and TripAdvisor. 50% of the increase was in housekeeping.
- Handled guest requests, swept, mopped, vacuumed, cleaned carpets, and reported safety and maintenance issues.
- Housekeeper of the month 4x for teamwork and customer service.
- Spotted a maintenance issue that saved $5,000.
- Found and returned guest wallet containing $500 cash. Received $100 reward and 2-page letter of thanks from guest.
- Performed daily housekeeping duties including sweeping, mopping, and general cleaning of busy midtown grocery.
- Commended by manager for cheerful customer service.
- Worked with 11 team members to ensure a clean, efficient store.
Discovery High School, NY
- Pursued a passion for home economics coursework.
- Key player on school soccer team.
- Walk dogs for Bideawee Animal Shelter to keep them adoptable.
- Clean house 2x per month for aging parents.
- Weekly yoga for self-care.
- Assistant Scout Leader.
Hard Skills: regular cleaning, deep cleaning, sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, carpet cleaning, handling guest requests
Soft Skills: leadership, teamwork, communication, customer service
Here’s how to write a housekeeping resume that gleams:
1. Use the Right Housekeeping Resume Format
Imagine: You write a great resume for a housekeeper, but the staff manager throws it out. Why? Because of an untidy resume format.
Fix that resume for housekeeper jobs by following these tips:
Housekeeping Resume Format
- Use a reverse-chronological format for resumes.
- Pick a good resume font like 10–12pt Georgia or Cambria.
- Add white space and full 1-inch resume margins.
- Make your resume length for housekeeping jobs one page.
- Include the following resume sections: Heading, Objective, History, Education, Skills, and “other” sections.
Expert Hint: Save your hotel or personal housekeeper resume in PDF format. PDFs move cleanly from one screen to the next. Better, ATS software can read them well.
2. Improve Your Housekeeping Resume Objective or Summary
You don't want to blend in like a pillowcase in a stack of sheets. Your resume for housekeeping jobs must grab them fast enough.
Add the following to your housekeeping resume profile:
- One adjective (cheerful, efficient)
- The word “housekeeper”
- Years of experience (4+, 5+)
- How you’ll help and whom (provide excellent service at The Plaza)
- Best housekeeping achievements (50% improvement in guest scores...)
See these examples of a housekeeper resume profile:
Housekeeping Resume Example: Summary
The second of those resumes for housekeeper jobs promises a lot, but only the first delivers.
Are you writing a housekeeping resume with no experience? Don't worry. In a resume for housekeepers with no experience, use descriptions of previous non-housekeeping jobs.
Sample Objective for a Housekeeping Resume
The second of those housekeeper resume examples is sloppy. If they hire you, it’ll be a miracle. Use the first example as an inspiration when writing a career objective for your housekeeping resume.
Expert Hint: Put your housekeeping resume objective or summary at the top. But—write it last. That way you’ll have your finest housekeeping achievements right in front of you.
3. Make a List of Housekeeping Skills for a Resume and Describe Your Work Experience
You apply again and again, but they don’t hire you. What’s going wrong? It’s the housekeeper job desciption in your resume.
A professional work experience section for a housekeeper resume needs to:
- Use the resume keywords in the job posting.
- Prove them with numbers and housekeeping accomplishments.
Look at these hotel housekeeping resume examples:
The job ad wants these housekeeper skills: (1) training (2) attention to detail (3) teamwork (4) spotting maintenance issues.
Housekeeping Job Description for a Resume [Sample]
Look at that.
The first of those sample resumes for housekeeper jobs has the cleaning skills they want. It uses numbers to prove them.
The second? It’s just fine. But “just fine” won’t get you hired.
In a job description for entry-level resumes, use non-housekeeping jobs.
Talk up your housekeeping skills on a resume.
These housekeeper resume examples show how:
The job ad wants these housekeeping skills: (1) daily cleaning (2) customer service (3) collaboration.
Entry-Level Housekeeping Job Description for a Resume [Sample]
Want to get hired? Do it like the first of those housekeeper resume examples. Point to skills they’re asking for.
Still not sure how to find the right skills for resumes?
Use the soft skills and hard skills from the posting online. If you’re stumped, use these:
Housekeeping Skills for a Resume
- Bathroom & Kitchen Cleaning
- Carpet Cleaning
- Cleaning Common Areas
- Cleaning Guest Rooms
- Customer Service Skills
- Daily Cleaning
- Deep Cleaning
- Furniture Cleaning & Dusting
- Knowledge of Cleaning Products
- Removing Trash
- Making Beds
- Steam Cleaning
- Vacuuming & Mopping
- Window Cleaning
- Hygiene & Safety
- Reporting Lost Items
- Attention to Detail
- Effective Communication
- Interpersonal Skills
- Problem Solving
- Time Management
Expert Tip: Don’t cram too many housekeeping resume skills into your list. That only proves you can copy-paste. If you can’t back a skill up with evidence, consider cutting it.
The ResumeLab builder is more than looks. Get specific content to boost your chances of getting the job. Add job descriptions, bullet points, and skills. Easy. Improve your resume in our resume builder now.
Nail it all with a splash of color, choose a clean font, and highlight your skills in just a few clicks. You're the perfect candidate, and we'll prove it. Use our resume builder now.
4. List Education in a Resume for Housekeeper Jobs
Should you care about education in a housekeeper resume? Believe it or not, yes. Your resume’s education section is more important than you think.
See if you can spot why this hospital housekeeping resume example works:
Housekeeping Resume Example: Education
That shows a couple coveted traits, like passion and teamwork.
Expert Hint: The education section in a resume for housekeeping jobs doesn’t have to be long. A couple bullet points will do it.
5. Put “Other” Sections in Your Resume for a Housekeeper
That’s it. We’re done. Right?
Slow down. What else goes in a resume for housekeeper jobs?
Choose from these “other” sections:
- Volunteer work
- Additional activities
- Certification & licenses
- Personal interests
- Professional memberships
These housekeeper resume examples show the way:
Housekeeping Resume—Extra Sections
Look at the difference.
The first of those housekeeping resume examples shows passion, dependability, and cleaning skills.
Expert Hint: Write a cover letter. In it, talk about the job more than you talk about yourself. Then show why you’re the perfect fit with a past achievement or two.
Double your impact with a matching resume and cover letter combo. Use our cover letter generator and make your application documents pop out.
Want to try a different look? There's 21 more. A single click will give your document a total makeover. Pick a cover letter template here.
For a housekeeping resume that sparkles:
- Use the housekeeping resume template up top. It’s got the right action items to get you into the interview.
- Put housekeeping achievements in your resume objective, job history, education, and “other” sections.
- Add housekeeping keywords and duties from the job ad. Put proof you’ve done them in your bullet points.
- Write a housekeeping cover letter. Talk more about the job than about yourself.
Got questions on how to write great resumes for housekeeping jobs? Not sure how to show housekeeping on a resume? Leave a comment. We’ll be happy to reply!