Choose the right resume format and make sure your resume layout is professional. Check actionable resume formatting tips and resume formats examples & templates.
Here’s what gets you hired:
Being better than the others.
Don’t worry. Your housekeeper resume can pass the white-glove test.
You just need a good resume format with the right accomplishments.
In this guide:
- A housekeeping resume sample better than most.
- How to make a clean housekeeping job description for resumes.
- How to write a resume for housekeeping jobs that sparkles.
- Why you can’t simply list housekeeping skills (and what to do instead).
Save hours of work and get a resume like this. Pick a template, fill it in. Quick and easy. Choose from 18+ resume templates and download your resume now.
What users say about ResumeLab:
I had an interview yesterday and the first thing they said on the phone was: “Wow! I love your resume.”
I love the variety of templates. Good job guys, keep up the good work!
My previous resume was really weak and I used to spend hours adjusting it in Word. Now, I can introduce any changes within minutes. Absolutely wonderful!
Housekeeping Resume Sample You Can Copy and Use
Cheerful housekeeper, skilled in daily cleaning and deep cleaning, seeking to provide excellent service at The Plaza. At Sixty LES, contributed to 50% improvement in guest scores for housekeeping. Selected by management to retrain 4 housekeepers in correct procedures. Housekeeper of the month 4x.
- Worked as trusted housekeeper in high-end downtown hotel. Cleaned rooms daily and performed regular deep cleanings.
- Chosen by manager to retrain 4 housekeepers in best practices, including cleaning rooms, hallways, and common areas.
- Contributed to 20% boost in positive guest rating scores on Yelp and TripAdvisor. 50% of the increase was in housekeeping.
- Handled guest requests, swept, mopped, vacuumed, cleaned carpets, and reported safety and maintenance issues.
- Housekeeper of the month 4x for teamwork and customer service.
- Spotted a maintenance issue that saved $5,000.
- Found and returned guest wallet containing $500 cash. Received $100 reward and 2-page letter of thanks from guest.
- Performed daily housekeeping duties including sweeping, mopping, and general cleaning of busy midtown grocery.
- Commended by manager for cheerful customer service.
- Worked with 11 team members to ensure a clean, efficient store.
Discovery High School, NY
- Pursued a passion for home economics coursework.
- Key player on school soccer team.
- Walk dogs for Bideawee Animal Shelter to keep them adoptable.
- Clean house 2x per month for aging parents.
- Weekly yoga for self-care.
- Assistant Scout Leader.
Hard Skills: regular cleaning, deep cleaning, sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, carpet cleaning, handling guest requests
Soft Skills: leadership, teamwork, communication, customer service
Thinking about other jobs? See our guides:
- Server Resume
- Bartender Resume
- Barista Resume
- Waiter / Waitress Resume
- Hostess Resume
- Dishwasher Resume
- Mechanic Resume
Planning a move back to school? See these:
- Resume for College Application Sample & Guide
- Student Resume Sample & Guide
- Internship Resume Sample & Guide
- Teen Resume Sample & Guide
Writing an entry-level housekeeper resume? See this: Entry-Level Resume Sample & Guide
Here’s how to write a housekeeping resume that gleams:
1. Use the Right Housekeeping Resume Format
You write a great housekeeping resume, but—
The staff manager throws it out.
You don’t have to imagine it.
It has probably happened to you already.
The biggest culprit?
Untidy resume format.
Fix that by following these tips:
Housekeeping Resume Format
- Use a reverse-chronological format for resumes.
- Pick a good resume font like 10–12pt Georgia or Cambria.
- Add white space and full 1-inch margins.
- Make your resume length for housekeeping jobs one page.
- Include the following resume sections: Heading, Objective, History, Education, Skills, and “other” sections.
Expert Hint: Save your hotel or personal housekeeper resume in PDF format. PDFs move cleanly from one screen to the next. Better, ATS software can read them well.
2. Improve Your Housekeeping Resume Objective or Summary
Not getting hired?
You probably blend in like a pillowcase in a stack of sheets.
What’s going wrong?
Your resume for housekeeping jobs doesn’t grab them fast enough.
- One adjective (cheerful, efficient)
- The word “housekeeper”
- Years of experience (4+, 5+)
- How you’ll help and whom (provide excellent service at The Plaza)
- Best housekeeping achievements (50% improvement in guest scores...)
See these housekeeper resume examples:
Housekeeping Resume Summary—Example
The second of those hotel housekeeping resume examples promises a lot.
The first delivers.
In a resume for housekeepers with no experience, use non-housekeeping jobs.
Housekeeping Resume Objective—Example
The second of those housekeeper resume examples is sloppy. If they hire you, it’ll be a miracle.
Expert Hint: Put your housekeeping resume objective or summary at the top. But—write it last. That way you’ll have your finest housekeeping achievements right in front of you.
3. Write a Shipshape Housekeeping Job Description and Skills Section
You apply again and again.
But they don’t hire you.
What’s going wrong?
It’s the job descriptions in your housekeeper resume.
They need to:
- Use the resume keywords in the job posting.
- Prove them with numbers and housekeeping accomplishments.
Look at these hotel housekeeping resume examples:
The job ad wants these housekeeper skills: (1) training (2) attention to detail (3) teamwork (4) spotting maintenance issues.
Housekeeping Job Description for a Resume [Sample]
Look at that.
The first of those hotel housekeeping resume samples has the cleaning skills they want. It uses numbers to prove them.
The second? It’s just fine. But “just fine” won’t get you hired.
In a job description for entry-level resumes, use non-housekeeping jobs.
Talk up your housekeeping skills.
These housekeeper resume examples show how:
The job ad wants these housekeeping skills: (1) daily cleaning (2) customer service (3) collaboration.
Entry-Level Housekeeping Job Description for a Resume [Sample]
Want to get hired?
Do it like the first of those housekeeper resume examples.
Point to skills they’re asking for.
Still not sure how to find the right skills for resumes?
Use the soft skills and hard skills from the posting online. If you’re stumped, use these:
Housekeeping Resume Skills and Key Competencies
Cleaning Guest Rooms
Attention to Detail
Cleaning Common Areas
Expert Tip: Don’t cram too many housekeeping resume skills into your list. That only proves you can copy-paste. If you can’t back a skill up with evidence, consider cutting it.
The ResumeLab builder is more than looks. Get specific content to boost your chances of getting the job. Add job descriptions, bullet points, and skills. Easy. Improve your resume in our resume builder now.
Nail it all with a splash of color, choose a clean font, highlight your skills in just a few clicks. You’re the perfect candidate and we’ll prove it. Use the ResumeLab builder now.
4. Turn Boring Education to a Reason to Hire You
Should you care about education in a housekeeper resume?
Believe it or not, yes.
Your resume’s education section is more important than you think.
See if you can spot why this hospital housekeeping resume example works:
That shows a couple coveted traits, like passion and teamwork.
Expert Hint: The education section in a resume for housekeeping jobs doesn’t have to be long. A couple bullet points will do it.
5. Put “Other” Sections in Your Housekeeping Resume
That’s it. We’re done. Right?
What else goes in a resume for housekeeping jobs?
Choose from these “other” sections:
- Volunteer work
- Additional activities
These housekeeper resume examples show the way:
Housekeeping Resume—Extra Sections
Look at the difference.
The first of those housekeeping resume examples shows passion, dependability, and cleaning skills.
Expert Hint: Write a cover letter. In it, talk about the job more than you talk about yourself. Then show why you’re the perfect fit with a past achievement or two.
Double your impact with a matching resume and cover letter combo. Use our cover letter builder and make your application documents pop out.
Want to try a different look? There’s 18 more. A single click will give your document a total makeover. Pick a cover letter template here.
For a housekeeping resume that sparkles:
- Use the housekeeping resume template up top. It’s got the right action items to get you into the interview.
- Put housekeeping achievements in your resume objective, job history, education, and “other” sections.
- Add housekeeping keywords and duties from the job ad. Put proof you’ve done them in your bullet points.
- Write a housekeeping cover letter. Talk more about the job than about yourself.
Got questions on how to write great resumes for housekeeping jobs? Not sure how to show housekeeping on a resume? Leave a comment. We’ll be happy to reply!