The problem with making a CV begins when you realise you spent hours trying to find a great looking Google Docs CV template. Our gallery eliminates this issue for good.
Here’s what gets you hired:
Being better than the others.
Don’t worry. Your housekeeper CV can pass the white-glove test.
You just need a good CV format with the right accomplishments.
In this guide:
- A housekeeping CV sample better than most.
- How to make a clean housekeeping job description for CVs.
- How to write a CV for housekeeping jobs that sparkles.
- Why you can’t simply list housekeeping skills (and what to do instead).
Save hours of work and get a CV like this. Pick a template, fill it in. Quick and easy. Choose from 18+ CV templates and download your CV now.
What users say about ResumeLab:
I had an interview yesterday and the first thing they said on the phone was: “Wow! I love your CV.”
I love the variety of templates. Good job guys, keep up the good work!
My previous CV was really weak and I used to spend hours adjusting it in Word. Now, I can introduce any changes within minutes. Absolutely wonderful!
Thinking about other jobs? See our guides:
- Server CV Examples
- Bartender CV Examples
- Barista CV Examples
- Waiter / Waitress CV Examples
- Hostess CV Examples
- Dishwasher CV Examples
- Mechanic CV Examples
- Hospitality CV Examples
Planning a move back to school? See these:
- CV for University Application Sample & Guide
- Student CV Sample & Guide
- Internship CV Sample & Guide
- Teen CV Sample & Guide
Haven't found what you're looking for? Check all our CV Examples for Any Job.
Housekeeping CV Sample You Can Copy and Use
Phone: 07776 909 282
Cheerful housekeeper, skilled in daily cleaning and deep cleaning, seeking to provide excellent service at The Ritz. At The Savoy Hotel, contributed to 50% improvement in guest scores for housekeeping. Selected by management to retrain 4 housekeepers in correct procedures. Housekeeper of the month 4x.
The Savoy Hotel
- Worked as trusted housekeeper in high-end city centre hotel. Cleaned rooms daily and performed regular deep cleanings.
- Chosen by manager to retrain 4 housekeepers in best practises, including cleaning rooms, hallways, and common areas.
- Contributed to 20% boost in positive guest rating scores on Yelp and TripAdvisor. 50% of the increase was in housekeeping.
- Handled guest requests, swept, mopped, vacuumed, cleaned carpets, and reported safety and maintenance issues.
- Housekeeper of the month 4x for teamwork and customer service.
- Spotted a maintenance issue that saved £5,000.
- Found and returned guest wallet containing £500 cash. Received £100 reward and 2-page letter of thanks from guest.
- Performed daily housekeeping duties including sweeping, mopping, and general cleaning of busy midtown grocery.
- Commended by manager for cheerful customer service.
- Worked with 11 team members to ensure a clean, efficient store.
Whitefield School, London
- Pursued a passion for home economics coursework.
- Key player on school football team.
- Walk dogs for Hound Run Animal Shelter to keep them adoptable.
- Clean house 2x per month for ageing parents.
- Weekly yoga for self-care.
- Assistant Scout Leader.
Hard Skills: regular cleaning, deep cleaning, sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, carpet cleaning, handling guest requests
Soft Skills: leadership, teamwork, communication, customer service
Here’s how to write a housekeeping CV that gleams:
1. Use the Right Housekeeping CV Format
You write a great housekeeping CV, but—
The staff manager throws it out.
You don’t have to imagine it.
It has probably happened to you already.
The biggest culprit?
Untidy CV format.
Fix that by following these tips:
Housekeeping CV Format
- Use a reverse-chronological format for CVs.
- Pick a good CV font like 10–12pt Georgia or Cambria.
- Add white space and full 1-inch margins.
- Make your CV length for housekeeping jobs one page.
- Include the following CV sections: Heading, Objective, History, Education, Skills, and “other” sections.
Expert Hint: Save your hotel or personal housekeeper CV in PDF format. PDFs move cleanly from one screen to the next. Better, ATS software can read them well.
2. Improve Your Housekeeping CV Objective or Summary
Not getting hired?
You probably blend in like a pillowcase in a stack of sheets.
What’s going wrong?
Your CV for housekeeping jobs doesn’t grab them fast enough.
- One adjective (cheerful, efficient)
- The word “housekeeper”
- Years of experience (4+, 5+)
- How you’ll help and whom (provide excellent service at The Plaza)
- Best housekeeping achievements (50% improvement in guest scores...)
See these housekeeper CV examples:
Housekeeping CV Summary—Example
The second of those hotel housekeeping CV examples promises a lot.
The first delivers.
In a CV for housekeepers with no experience, use non-housekeeping jobs.
Housekeeping CV Objective—Example
The second of those housekeeper CV examples is sloppy. If they hire you, it’ll be a miracle.
Expert Hint: Put your housekeeping CV objective or summary at the top. But—write it last. That way you’ll have your finest housekeeping achievements right in front of you.
3. Write a Shipshape Housekeeping Job Description and Skills Section
You apply again and again.
But they don’t hire you.
What’s going wrong?
It’s the job descriptions in your housekeeper CV.
They need to:
- Use the CV keywords in the job posting.
- Prove them with numbers and housekeeping accomplishments.
Look at these hotel housekeeping CV examples:
The job ad wants these housekeeper skills: (1) training (2) attention to detail (3) teamwork (4) spotting maintenance issues.
Housekeeping Job Description for a CV [Sample]
Look at that.
The first of those hotel housekeeping CV samples has the cleaning skills they want. It uses numbers to prove them.
The second? It’s just fine. But “just fine” won’t get you hired.
In a job description for entry-level CVs, use non-housekeeping jobs.
Talk up your housekeeping skills.
These housekeeper CV examples show how:
The job ad wants these housekeeping skills: (1) daily cleaning (2) customer service (3) collaboration.
Entry-Level Housekeeping Job Description for a CV [Sample]
Want to get hired?
Do it like the first of those housekeeper CV examples.
Point to skills they’re asking for.
Still not sure how to find the right skills for CVs?
Use the soft skills and hard skills from the posting online. If you’re stumped, use these:
Housekeeping CV Skills and Key Competencies
Cleaning Guest Rooms
Attention to Detail
Cleaning Common Areas
Expert Tip: Don’t cram too many housekeeping CV skills into your list. That only proves you can copy-paste. If you can’t back a skill up with evidence, consider cutting it.
The ResumeLab builder is more than looks. Get specific content to boost your chances of getting the job. Add job descriptions, bullet points, and skills. Easy. Improve your CV in our CV builder now.
Nail it all with a splash of colour, choose a clean font, highlight your skills in just a few clicks. You’re the perfect candidate and we’ll prove it. Use the ResumeLab builder now.
4. Turn Boring Education to a Reason to Hire You
Should you care about education in a housekeeper CV?
Believe it or not, yes.
Your CV’s education section is more important than you think.
See if you can spot why this hospital housekeeping CV example works:
That shows a couple coveted traits, like passion and teamwork.
Expert Hint: The education section in a CV for housekeeping jobs doesn’t have to be long. A couple bullet points will do it.
5. Put “Other” Sections in Your Housekeeping CV
That’s it. We’re done. Right?
What else goes in a CV for housekeeping jobs?
Choose from these “other” sections:
- Volunteer work
- Additional activities
These housekeeper CV examples show the way:
Housekeeping CV—Extra Sections
Look at the difference.
The first of those housekeeping CV examples shows passion, dependability, and cleaning skills.
Expert Hint: Write a cover letter. In it, talk about the job more than you talk about yourself. Then show why you’re the perfect fit with a past achievement or two.
Double your impact with a matching CV and cover letter combo. Use our cover letter builder and make your application documents pop out.
Want to try a different look? There’s 18 more. A single click will give your document a total makeover. Pick a cover letter template here.
For a housekeeping CV that sparkles:
- Use the housekeeping CV template up top. It’s got the right action items to get you into the interview.
- Put housekeeping achievements in your CV objective, job history, education, and “other” sections.
- Add housekeeping keywords and duties from the job ad. Put proof you’ve done them in your bullet points.
- Write a housekeeping cover letter. Talk more about the job than about yourself.
Got questions on how to write great CVs for housekeeping jobs? Not sure how to show housekeeping on a CV? Leave a comment. We’ll be happy to reply!