You know how to handle cash flow, and numbers obey you. You’ve got what it takes to keep a company’s finances in line. Prove it with this maxed-out bookkeeper CV sample.
Most bookkeeping CVs bore employers to tears.
Fund yours with the right skills in the right way and you’ll stand out like a million-dollar surplus.
In this guide:
- A bookkeeper CV sample better than most.
- How to make a tight bookkeeper job description for CVs.
- How to write a CV for bookkeeper jobs that generates interest.
- Why you can’t just list bookkeeper skills (and what to do instead).
Save hours of work and get a CV like this. Pick a template, fill it in. Quick and easy. Choose from 21 CV templates and download your CV now.
What users say about ResumeLab:
I had an interview yesterday and the first thing they said on the phone was: “Wow! I love your CV.”
I love the variety of templates. Good job guys, keep up the good work!
My previous CV was really weak and I used to spend hours adjusting it in Word. Now, I can introduce any changes within minutes. Absolutely wonderful!
Do you have other math and money skills? See our guides:
- Accounting CV
- Accounting Manager CV
- Accounts Payable Specialist CV
- Bank Teller CV
- Business Analyst CV
- Data Analyst CV
- Entry-Level Business Analyst CV
- Financial Advisor CV
- Financial Analyst CV
- Investment Banker CV
- Accounts Receivable CV
- Office Clerk CV
- Property Manager CV
- Social Work CV
- Accounting Assistant CV
Haven't found what you're looking for? Check all our CV examples.
Bookkeeper CV Sample You Can Copy and Use
Licenced Bookkeeper, NACPB
NACPB Certified Bookkeeper with 6 years of experience. Seeking to save time and money at Breaz Buying Service. At Steel Canyon Software, slashed AR from £350,000 to £10K in 8 months through automation. Used QuickBooks to optimise AP. Cut payroll processing time by 25%. Skilled in QuickBooks, AR/AP, and payroll accounting.
- Certified Bookkeeper, NACPB
- QuickBooks Certification, Intuit
Steel Canyon Software, Inc.
- Drove accounts receivable from £350,000+ to under £10,000 with a system of electronic payments and more payment terms.
- Used QuickBooks to track revenues of £3.5 million annually. Audited 1,500+ business customer accounts annually.
- Optimised accounts payable, lowering costs 20% by automating on-time payments and setting up an online supplier portal.
- Created MS Excel pivot tables that saved 20 accounting hours per quarter. Cut report-generation time by 25% over previous years.
- Slashed payroll processing time 25% by centralising records, digitising data, and working with IT to integrate HR and payroll.
- Assisted with payroll processing. Switched payroll system to QuickBooks, saving 15 bookkeeper hours per month.
- Tracked longest past-due accounts. Collaborated with bookkeeper and customers to negotiate payments that recouped £50,000 yearly.
- Performed bank reconciliations and month-end close entries.
- Cut supply costs by 15% through negotiating better vendor deals.
AA Accounting, UMA
- Maintained 4.0 in core accounting coursework.
- Conducted school project in QuickBooks
High School Diploma, South Portland High School, 2008
- Member, NBA
- Set up AP/AR system for local hair salon.
- Article on MS Excel for bookkeepers published in Befree Blog
Hard Skills: QuickBooks, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll accounting
Soft Skills: attention to detail, communication, dependability, interpersonal skills
Here’s how to write a bookkeeper CV that works:
1. Use the Right Bookkeeper CV Format
Here’s the problem:
Most employers spend six seconds with each CV.
They’ll judge you in an eyeblink!
Your CV format can make or break you.
Use these tips:
Bookkeeper CV Format
- Choose the reverse-chronological CV format.
- Use a respected CV font like 10–12pt Helvetica or Calibri.
- Don’t forget the white space. Use 1-inch margins.
- The right CV length for bookkeeper jobs? One page.
- Write these CV sections: Header, Objective, Experience, Education, Skills, and “added” sections.
Expert Hint:Save your CV as a PDF file. PDFs convert well to all the different kinds of screens. Plus, ATS hiring software reads them properly.
2. Improve Your Bookkeeper CV Objective or Summary
The hiring manager deleted your bookkeeper CV!
What went wrong?
You didn’t grab her right away.
- Your certification if you have one.
- The word “bookkeeper”
- Years of experience (4+, 6+)
- How you’ll help and whom (save time and money at Breaz Buying Service)
- Your greatest bookkeeper achievements (...slashed AR from £350,000 to £10K in 8 months...)
Check out these bookkeeping CV examples:
Bookkeeper CV Summary—Example
The first of those bookkeeper CV examples has so much going for it. It’s personal, professional, and it shows money details.
What if your bookkeeper experience is underfunded?
In a CV for bookkeepers with no experience, cite experience from non-bookkeeper jobs.
Bookkeeper CV Objective—Example
The second of those bookkeeping CV examples is broke. No details and no numbers.
Expert Hint: Put your full-charge bookkeeper CV objective or summary up top, but write it last. You’ll have all your best financial accomplishments at your fingertips.
3. Write a Magnetic Bookkeeper Job Description and Skills Sections
Why do some get interviewed, while others get ignored?
It’s all in how you write your job description.
Prove you’ve got the financial skills they ask for in the online job posting.
Look at these full-charge bookkeeper CV examples:
The job ad wants these bookkeeping skills: (1) accounts receivable (2) QuickBooks (3) accounts payable (4) MS Excel (5) payroll processing.
Bookkeeper Job Description for a CV [Sample]
The first of those bookkeeper CV samples has every skill they want. The numbers add power.
A job description for an entry-level CV:
The job ad wants these bookkeeper skills: (1) payroll processing (2) QuickBooks (3) collaboration (4) negotiation (5) month-end close.
Entry-Level Bookkeeper CV Job Description [Sample]
Both of those bookkeeping CV examples are the same person.
One focused on bookkeeping achievements from a non-bookkeeping job.
Make sure to list the right CV skills. Mix hard and soft skills for maximum effect.
The skills in the list below make good bookkeeper CV keywords.
Bookkeeper CV Skills
Attention to Detail
The ResumeLab builder is more than looks. Get specific content to boost your chances of getting the job. Add job descriptions, bullet points, and skills. Easy. Improve your CV in our CV builder now.
Nail it all with a splash of colour, choose a clean font, highlight your skills in just a few clicks. You’re the perfect candidate and we’ll prove it. Use the ResumeLab builder now.
4. Turn Boring Education to a Reason to Hire You
You want the job. And you deserve the job.
Did you know the education section of your CV can help?
This bookkeeper CV example works so well:
Why does that work?
It’s the bullet points. They show key bookkeeping skills.
Expert Hint: If you don’t have any bookkeeping accomplishments from school, don’t fret. Add some “other” sections to your CV. See below.
5. Put Added Sections in Your Bookkeeper CV
All you need is experience and education, right?
A CV for bookkeeper jobs needs “added” sections.
They can help you stand out like a windfall.
Choose one or two of these:
- Certifications (like QuickBooks)
- Memberships (like AIPB or NBA)
- Conferences (especially if you spoke at them)
- Freelance work
- Personal projects
- Volunteer work
Do it like this:
Bookkeeper CV—Extra Sections
The first of those bookkeeper CV examples could do Jeff Bezos’ taxes.
The second could be anyone.
Expert Hint: Write a cover letter. They’ll read your CV for bookkeeper jobs more carefully. Show you understand this bookkeeper job, and why you’ll do it well.
Double your impact with a matching CV and cover letter combo. Use our cover letter builder and make your application documents pop out.
Want to try a different look? There’s 18 more. A single click will give your document a total makeover. Pick a cover letter template here.
For a bookkeeper CV that shines:
- Use the bookkeeper CV template up top. It fills the blanks to get you hired.
- Put bookkeeper accomplishments in your CV objective, job experience, education, and “added” sections.
- Include bookkeeper keywords and skills from the job ad, and prove them in your CV bullets.
- Write a bookkeeper cover letter. Use it to zero in on why you’re perfect for the role.
Got questions on how to write great CVs for bookkeeper jobs? Not sure how to show bookkeeper on a CV? Leave a comment. We’ll be happy to reply!