Have you ever asked yourself what career success really means? Does it involve salary, position, or legacy? Do you think your definition of success matches that of other people?
This financial advisor CV sample lands interviews.
You’re only as good as your last success, and financial advisor positions are cutthroat.
If you want the job, your CV has to work like John Templeton.
You can do it. With the right slant on your past advice and metrics, you’ll look like a one-person PNC.
In this guide:
- A financial advisor CV sample better than most.
- How to write a standout financial advisor CV.
- How to custom-fit your financial advisor job description to the position.
- Why you can’t just list financial advisor skills (and what to do instead).
Save hours of work and get a CV like this. Pick a template, fill it in. Quick and easy. Choose from 18+ CV templates and download your CV now.
What users say about ResumeLab:
I had an interview yesterday and the first thing they said on the phone was: “Wow! I love your CV.”
I love the variety of templates. Good job guys, keep up the good work!
My previous CV was really weak and I used to spend hours adjusting it in Word. Now, I can introduce any changes within minutes. Absolutely wonderful!
Do you need a financial CV or something else? See our guides:
- Accounting CV Examples
- Accounts Payable CV Examples
- Accounts Receivable CV Examples
- Bank Teller CV Examples
- Bookkeeping CV Examples
- Financial Analyst CV Examples
- Business Analyst CV Examples
- Data Analyst CV Examples
- Investment Banker CV Examples
- Accounting Assistant CV Examples
Haven't found what you're looking for? Check all our CV examples for any job.
Financial Advisor CV Sample You Can Copy and Use
Phone: 07854 202 872
Client-focused financial advisor with 5+ years of experience growing wealth for clients. Seeking to provide expert guidance at Day & Astoria. Raised performance of individual client accounts by 30% at Lovitz Abernathy through UAFRS accounting analysis.
2019 — Certified Financial Planner
Lovitz Abernathy, London
May 2015 - Jan 2020
- Served as financial advisor in high-end investment firm. Managed internal systems and client accounts and executed trades.
- Managed 120+ client accounts with £180M under management.
- Increased assets under management by £20M in 15 months.
- Wrote 110+ successful financial plans.
- Achieved client returns 10% higher than firm average.
- Raised client satisfaction by 33% in 10 months through increased one-on-one time and increased client returns.
- Raised account performance for individual investors by 30% through using UAFRS data to augment as-reported GAAP data.
Klumfeld Outdoors, London
May 2014 - Sept 2015
- Provided recommendations that grew investment ROI 25%.
- Developed standardised reports that allowed 20% time savings.
BSc (Hons) Finance, University College London
- Excelled in financial planning modules.
- Vice President, Student Valuation Club. Grew membership by 70%.
- FinCon 2019 — Spoke on panel about investing
- Morningstar Investment Conference 2017
- Webinar — When will the next crash come?
- Talk — Beating the market with UAFRS — FinCon
- Investing 101 — Online and at University College London
- Advanced Retirement Investing — Online
Hard Skills: financial research, client education, financial assessment, financial planning, sales
Soft Skills: interpersonal skills, active listening, time management, communication
Here’s how to write a job-earning financial advisor CV:
1. Choose the Best Financial Advisor CV Format
How to start your CV? Which financial advisor CV format really works?
It’s the reverse-chronological CV format.
It gets your Carl-Icahn-level financial achievements at the fore.
Use these CV formatting tips:
Financial Advisor CV Format
- Craft a one–page CV for financial advisor jobs, with CV margins at 1 inch.
- Use a respected CV font like 11–14pt Bell MT or Arial.
- For ease-of-use, add white space.
- Make CV sections for Heading, Summary, Experience, Education, and Skills.
Expert Hint: Come across well on every screen with a PDF CV. A financial advisor CV in PDF form works for human readers and ATS hiring software alike.
2. Write a Financial Advisor CV Objective or Summary
This is vital:
The brokerage won’t read your financial advisor CV with care.
They’ll gloss over it in a stack of 100+ CVs.
- An adjective (client-focused, energetic)
- “financial advisor”
- Years of experience (1+, 6+)
- What you’ll do and where (provide expert guidance at Day & Astoria)
- Best CV accomplishments (Raised performance of client accounts by 30%...)
See these financial advisor CV examples:
Financial Advisor CV Summary—Example
Bear, meet bull!
The second of those financial advisor CVs samples will tank.
It doesn’t list times you excelled at your stated finance skills.
But what if your financial advisor experience is underfunded?
Don’t fret. See these entry-level CV samples for financial advisor jobs:
Entry-Level Financial Advisor CV Objective
Ready to beat the market?
Do it like the first of our entry-level financial advisor CV examples. It packs in £1.2M, 25%, and 20% to show market savvy.
Expert Hint: Create your your financial advisor CV summary last. You’ll struggle to summarise a financial advisor CV that doesn’t exist yet.
3. Customise Your Financial Advisor Job Description and Skills
What skills work in a financial advisor CV?
See this list of CV skills:
Financial Advisor CV Skills
Generating Financial Reports
Attention to Detail
Financial Plan Analysis
MS Excel, Computer Skills
Shoving them all into a financial advisor CV is valueless.
These financial advisor CV samples show how:
The job wants skills in account management, financial planning, and using UAFRS data.
Financial Advisor Job Description for a CV [Sample]
The second of those financial CV examples says you were tasked, responsible, and in charge. But to what end?
The second example shows success again and again. That’s hirable!
But is your financial advisor experience thin?
You’re in luck. A CV with no experience CV can still get returns.
See these entry-level financial advisor CVs examples. They’re for a job that needs investment advice, collaboration, and financial reports.
Entry-Level Financial Advisor CV Job Description [Sample]
The first of those entry-level financial advisor CV samples puts up the right numbers. The second misses the boat.
Expert Hint: Research in the International Journal of Bank Marketing shows financial advisors who adjust their communication styles to fit clients get more repeat business. Have you grown your customer base or loyalty through word of mouth or good communication skills? Show it in your financial advisor CV.
The ResumeLab builder is more than looks. Get specific content to boost your chances of getting the job. Add job descriptions, bullet points, and skills. Easy. Improve your CV in our CV builder now.
Nail it all with a splash of colour, choose a clean font, highlight your skills in just a few clicks. You’re the perfect candidate and we’ll prove it. Use the ResumeLab builder now.
4. Adjust Your Education Section to the Job
Putting education on a financial advisor CV?
Give your school name and degree. Then—
Put rocket boosters on your CV education section with finance skills.
See this financial advisor CV sample:
Financial Advisor CV Example—Education
That adds financial planning, valuation, and leadership to your education.
Expert Hint: Did you graduate aeons ago? Write a shorter education section. If you’re fresh from the quad, make it longer and add relevant coursework and projects.
5. Add Extras to Your Financial Advisor CV
Your financial advisor CV has to stand out like a Vanguard ETF.
It won’t do that with just education and past jobs.
But it will if you add extras like:
- Certifications (CFP, etc.)
- Associations (NAFPA, etc.)
- Volunteer positions
- Freelance work
- Publications and media appearances
- Talks and classes
- Honours and awards
- Additional activities
- Hobbies and interests
See these financial advisor CV examples:
Financial Advisor CV—Other Sections
The first of those financial advisor CV samples wins because of the details.
Expert Hint: Write a cover letter for your financial advisor CV. Be passionate about the job. Then show how your top few accomplishments will help you do it well.
Double your impact with a matching CV and cover letter combo. Use our cover letter builder and make your application documents pop out.
Want to try a different look? There’s 18 more. A single click will give your document a total makeover. Pick a cover letter template here.
Here’s how to write a financial advisor CV:
- Start with a financial advisor CV template. Preload it with your most memorable financial advisor moments.
- Add financial advisor skills like financial planning or research. Use metrics to show your depth.
- Write a financial advisor CV objective or summary as an overview of your CV.
- Include extras like a NAFPA membership or CFP certification.
Got questions on how to write good CVs for financial advisor jobs? Wondering how to put financial advisor on a CV? Leave a comment. We’ll be happy to reply!