An event planner CV sample and guide that lands job interviews. Make your event planning CV quickly with expert tips and good-vs-bad examples.
You have a spreadsheet full of skills.
On the one hand, you’re excellent at mentoring and managing a team. And on the other, you can crunch numbers like a pro and improve any process in a heartbeat.
What you need is an accounting manager CV that will prove just that.
In this guide, you will find everything you need to know:
- An accounting manager CV template that gets jobs.
- How to ace your accounting manager job description for a CV.
- How to write a professional accounting manager CV that stands out.
- Expert tips and examples to boost your chances of landing an accounting manager job.
Save hours of work and get a job-winning CV like this. Try our CV builder with 20+ CV templates and create your CV now.
What users say about ResumeLab:
I had an interview yesterday and the first thing they said on the phone was: “Wow! I love your CV.”
I love the variety of templates. Good job guys, keep up the good work!
My previous CV was really weak and I used to spend hours adjusting it in Word. Now, I can introduce any changes within minutes. Absolutely wonderful!
Looking for a similar position? See our other guides:
- Accounting CV Examples
- Accounting Assistant CV Examples
- Accounts Payable CV Examples
- Bank Teller CV Examples
- Bookkeeper CV Examples
- Business Analyst CV Examples
- Entry-Level Business Analyst CV Examples
- Financial Advisor CV Examples
- Financial Analyst CV Examples
- Investment Banking CV Examples
Haven't found your job? See our list of best CV examples for any job.
Accounting Manager CV Example
Efficient accounting manager with over 5 years of experience in managing international accounting teams. Eager to assist Miller Accounts in increasing their corporate clients base by leveraging accounting and management knowledge. At Biscay Group detected cost savings opportunities that reduced monthly spending by 20%.
Biscay Group, London
May 2018–December 2020
Key Qualifications & Responsibilities
- Prepared flux variance analyses for management reporting.
- Processed journal entries and account reconciliations with 98% accuracy.
- Performed one-off projects to accommodate the company's rapid growth that saved $10,000 on outsourcing costs.
- Mentored a team of 10 general ledger accounting specialists.
- Performed expenses analyses that reduced monthly spending by 20%.
Trainee Accounting Manager
Leannon and Sons Accountants, London
January 2017–April 2018
Key Qualifications & Responsibilities
- Improved accounting processes and reduced financial statement preparation processes by 15%.
- Achieved process improvements goals 4 quarters straight in cooperation with the corporate controller.
- Supervised team of 6 accounting specialists.
Master of Accounting
University of London
September 2012–June 2014
- SOX controls
- Analytical skills
- Multitasking skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skill
- Oracle ERP
- Leadership skills
- Communication skills
- Certified Public Accountant, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, 2018
- Certified Management Accountant, Institute of Management Accountants, 2016
Member of the Accounting & Financial Women’s Alliance since 2016
- Delivered a seminar on successful communication processes during the 2018 AFWA DC Chapter, London
Accounting managers supervise financial procedures, prepare various analyses, and manage and mentor a team of highly-skilled professionals. The purpose of your accounting manager CV is to show not only your analytical and mathematical abilities but also document your interpersonal skills.
Here’s how to write an accounting manager CV that will prove you’re a vital asset to the company:
1. Start with the Right Accounting Manager CV Format
A balance sheet follows a logical structure that accountants understand. In the same way, an accounting manager's CV has to follow CV formatting rules to make immediate sense to recruiters. A well-designed CV will pay dividends and catch a hiring manager’s eye.
See how to achieve a distinctive CV layout:
Accounting Manager CV Format
- A reverse-chronological CV format usually works best. This means stating your most recent employment or education first, followed by older entries.
- Select a classic CV font, likeTimes New Roman or Arial, in 10–12 pt. Your CV should scream professionalism from top to bottom.
- Apply 1” CV margins on all sides of the document so that your CV is legible.
- Stick to a one-page CV unless you have 10+ years of professional experience. In that case, opt for a two-page CV.
- Include these sections in your CV: header, summary, experience, education, and skills. Additional sections may help you stand apart from other candidates.
2. Write a Trustworthy Accounting Manager CV Objective or Summary
Time is money, which applies to the hiring process as well. Seconds decide whether your CV will be rejected or not.
Since every second counts, you have to make sure that your accounting manager CV is compelling right from the start.
How do you do that?
By introducing yourself with a CV profile—a summary that tops your CV.
Since you’re applying for a managerial position, you probably already have some experience. So, start with a CV summary:
- One adjective (efficient, data-driven, diligent)
- Job title (Accounting Manager)
- Years of experience (4+, 5+)
- What you’ll bring to the table (design appropriate accounting processes)
- 2–3 of your most impressive achievements (reduced monthly spending by 25%)
A CV summary says what the candidate can do for the employer right in the beginning. And it includes accomplishments, shows examples, and backs everything with data.
If you were applying for your first job or going through a career change, you’d write a CV objective statement instead. You’d use transferable skills and relevant achievements from college, volunteer work, or previous jobs in other industries.
Expert Hint: It’s normal to struggle with writing your career profile. Write it at the very end—it will be much easier and quicker.
3. Craft the Perfect Accounting Manager Job Description for Your CV
There are many types of accounting managers. Some struggle with handling processes, keeping books, and managing teams. Others seem to run the finances of entire corporations with little assistance from colleagues.
You can prove which accounting manager you are by writing a dedicated work experience section.
How to write an accounting manager job description for CVs:
- Re-read the job posting carefully.
- Jot down relevant CV keywords—skills and requirements the employer looks for.
- Think of the times you’ve demonstrated those skills.
- Turn the examples into bullet points. Quantify everything you can. Use action words.
4. Boost Your Account Manager CV with a Tailored Skills Section
To be an effective accounting manager, you need the right blend of experience and skills.
Your key soft skills, technical skills, hard skills—list them in your CV skills section.
This section needs to adhere to job posting, just like the job description. Use CV keywords to make the hiring manager’s job a bit easier.
Your list of skills can fill a couple of spreadsheets. But you need to keep this part-balanced—list only 5–10 skills that are most relevant to the job ad.
Accounting Manager CV Skills
- Budget tracking
- Budget development
- Corporate tax
- Analytical Skills
- Revenue projections
- Process design
- Teamwork skills
- Attention to detail
- Interpersonal Skills
- Leadership Skills
- Communication Skills
- Computer Skills
- Technical Skills
- Time Management Skills
The ResumeLab builder is more than looks. Get specific content to boost your chances of getting the job. Add job descriptions, bullet points, and skills. Easy. Improve your CV in our CV builder now.
Nail it all with a splash of color, choose a clean font, and highlight your skills in just a few clicks. You're the perfect candidate, and we'll prove it. Use our CV builder now.
5. Make Your Accounting Manager Education Section the Reason to Hire You
Your education section needs to impress. After all, you want to become a leader, mentor, and coach.
A relevant degree is necessary to even be considered for the job, so make sure to show yours off the right way: by listing your highest level of education, the name of the awarding institution, and graduation year.
For a management candidate with a few years of experience, this will more than suffice. If you lacked experience and needed to boost your CV with academic achievements, you’d add extra bullet points with extracurricular activities, relevant coursework, projects, Dean’s List, or GPA (if above 3.7).
6. Include Extra Sections on Your Accounting Manager CV
You have mastered the formatting, job description, education, and skills sections. There is one more thing that can make you stand out:
Include extra sections in your accounting manager CV! This way, you’ll not only have the chance to use more required keywords, but also impress your future employer with the extracurriculars that you dabble outside work.
Add one or two sections to make your profile a bit more memorable:
- Foreign Languages
- Hobbies and Interests
- Professional References
Writing a cover letter is also a good idea if you target a managerial position. In all honesty, it’s pretty much necessary—a cover letter that matches your CV will give you a major advantage over other candidates.
Double your impact with a matching CV and cover letter combo. Use our cover letter builder and make your application documents pop out.
Want to try a different look? There's 21 more. A single click will give your document a total makeover. Pick a cover letter template here.
To write the best accounting manager CV, make sure to:
- Use the accounting manager CV sample shown above to guide you.
- Back up your achievements with numbers. Prove to your employer what you can do for their company.
- Target your CV to the job at hand. Include skills and experience that are relevant to the job posting.
- Pair your accounting manager CV with a cover letter. A cover letter can enhance the arguments you make in your CV.
Thanks for reading! Do you have any questions about an accounting manager CV? Would you like to add anything? We’d love to hear from you! Leave your comment below.