Your vocation is to diagnose and alleviate suffering. Let’s heal your doctor CV of any pathologies and give your career a prognosis of success.
Accounts payable jobs will shrink 4% in the next 10 years.
You’re swimming in a shrinking pond.
You need to stand out like a £3M windfall to get hired.
Match your accounts payable CV to the job like a fitted suit by JoS A. Bank.
In this guide:
- An accounts payable CV sample better than most.
- How to write a CV for accounts payable jobs that proves your assets.
- How to reconcile your accounts payable job description for CVs.
- Why you can’t just list accounts payable skills (and what to do instead).
Create a job-winning CV with little effort. Hack your way through ATS software with our 18 beautiful templates—give our builder a try!
Create my CV now
Accounts Payable CV Sample You Can Copy and Use
Accounts Payable Specialist
Detail-oriented accounts payable specialist with 3+ years of experience. Seeking to cut costs at JRH Plumbing. At Harbody Electric, processed 100% of payments within deadlines. Saved 20% on costs by analysing existing vendors, researching new ones, and negotiating. Collaborated with team members to save £75,000 per year on costs.
Accounts Payable Specialist
- Ensured 100% of payments for 3 facilities were processed within deadlines. Processed invoices and expense reports.
- Analysed existing vendors vs researched vendors. Negotiated and switched vendors to achieve 20% cost savings.
- Implemented automated payments, slashing late fees by 25%.
- Processed an average of 50 invoices per month for £20,000.
- Collaborated with team to slash costs £75,000 per year.
- Addressed problem with A/P system. Ensured all bills paid on time, generating £10,000 in cost savings from late fees per year.
- Identified 5 vendors who were overcharging. Saved £500 per month.
- Helped avoid early payments, improving cash flow by 15%.
Calipatria High School
- Maintained 4.0 GPA in all math classes.
- Recognised for accuracy and efficiency.
- QuickBooks Certification
- Bill.com Certification
- Member, AIPB.
- Volunteer bookkeeper, Margaret Patton Animal Centre.
- Participate in monthly bookkeeper meetups.
- 2019 — QuickBooks Connect — spoke on a panel about A/P
- 2017 — Women Who Count National Conference
Hard Skills: Recordkeeping, validating invoices, Microsoft Excel, maintaining backup files
Soft Skills: Interpersonal skills, critical thinking, communication, detail-oriented
Not looking for accounts payable specialist CV samples? See our guides:
- Accounting CV
- Accounts Receivable CV
- Bank Teller CV
- Bookkeeper CV
- Business Analyst CV
- Data Analyst CV
- Entry-Level Business Analyst CV
- Investment Banker CV
Haven't found what you're looking for? Check all our professional CV examples.
Wondering how to put accounts payable on a CV? Are you just starting your accounts payable career? See this guide: CV for a Career Change
Here’s how to write an accounts payable CV that gets interviews:
1. Pick the Right Accounts Payable CV Format
If you write a half-baked accounts payable CV, they’ll think you’re half-baked.
Write a properly-formatted CV.
That starts with the reverse-chronological CV format.
It ends with these key tips:
Accounts Payable CV Format
- List your current job first and follow it with the previous ones.
- Make a one-page CV with 1-inch margins.
- Include some blank space for readability.
- Use Calibri, Georgia, or another 10–12pt professional CV font.
- Write the CV sections: Heading, Summary, History, Education, and Skills.
- Save it as a PDF CV. Those work well no matter where you open them.
2. Add an Accounts Payable CV Objective or Summary
The phone rings. You’re hired.
The team read your accounts payable CV three times.
Let’s make that happen.
That’s a quick plug of your selling points near the top. That’s what the team will read first.
- An adjective (detail-oriented, accurate)
- The title: “accounts payable specialist”
- Years of experience (1+, 4+)
- Who/how you’ll help (cut costs at JRH Plumbing)
- Best accounts payable moments (Saved 20% on costs by analysing vendors...)
- 1–3 job skills (processed payments, analysed vendors...)
By the way—
Write your summary last. It’s easier that way. Once the whole CV is ready, it’s easier to cherry-pick the best achievements and add them to your summary or objective.
These accounts payable CV examples show the principles:
Accounts Payable CV Summary—Example
Those are so close.
Both samples add payment processing and vendor management. But—
The first includes 100%, 20%, £75,000, and other icing on the cake.
Are you making a CV for accounts payable specialists with no experience?
See these entry-level accounts payable CV samples:
Entry-Level Accounts Payable CV Objective
The first of those accounts payable CV examples gets the gold. It doesn’t just claimsavings and cash flow improvements.
It adds details like £10,000 and 15%.
Expert Hint: Accounts payable specialists earn £38K to £47K. To get a better salary, write a better job description for your accounts payable manager CV. That’s next.
3. Craft Your Accounts Payable Job Description and Skills Section
They deleted your accounts payable clerk CV.
Let’s make sure it doesn’t happen to you.
To write an accounts payable job description for CVs that turns heads:
- Jot down the CV skills in the online job posting.
- Put those keywords in your CV job description.
- Show the effect you got with them.
Look at these accounts payable CV samples:
Imagine a job that wants these accounts payable skills: payment processing, vendor management, automated payments, collaboration.
Accounts Payable Job Description for a CV [Sample]
The second of those accounts payable CV examples uses the wrong skills and—
It doesn’t show you had an effect.
I mean—were you good at your job, or bad?
That’s where numbers help.
But what about a CV for entry-level applicants?
Say the job wants these accounts payable skills: on-time bill payment, vendor analysis, collaboration.
See these accounts payable CV examples with no experience:
Entry-Level Accounts Payable CV Job Description [Sample]
Both accounts payable CV examples show the same office job.
The first lists accounts payable accomplishments.
Now, what accounts payable skills should you list on a CV? See these:
Accounts Payable Skills for a CV
Backing up Files
But don’t just copy-paste this list to your AP CV. Instead, add only those skills the hiring manager is looking for (they’re in the job ad!).
4. Do More with Your Education
Let’s boost your working capital.
Your accounts payable specialist CV needs an education section.
But it can’t be biscuit-cutter.
Work it like this accounts payable CV sample:
Accounts Payable CV Example—Education
Look at that.
The education section doesn’t just say you went to school.
It shows accounts payable skills, too.
Remember to always list the highest degree of education (add info on your degree, major, university, graduation date). If you only have a high school diploma, just include your high school degree.
Expert Hint: Did you just graduate from school? Lengthen your education section. Use it to show transferable A/P skills like teamwork, efficiency, and organisation.
5. Add Tempting Sections to Your Accounts Payable CV
“She’s the whole package.”
Let’s make your next employer say that.
By adding some tempting sections to your accounts payable CV.
Try a couple of these:
- Associations (AIPB, NBA)
- Certifications (CB, QuickBooks, Bill.com, Xero)
- Conferences (speaking on panels adds bonus points)
- Groups and meetups
- Additional activities
These sample accounts payable CVs show how:
Accounts Payable CV—Extra Sections
The first of those accounts payable CV examples adds more skills proof.
Expert Hint: Write a cover letter. Employers will read your accounts payable and receivable CV longer with a letter. That means a higher chance of getting hired.
Here’s how to write an accounts payable CV:
- Use the accounts payable CV template up top. It lets you stack the deck with the best parts of your A/P career.
- Don’t just list accounts payable skills. Add what you processed, negotiated, and implemented, with numbers.
- Add accounts payable achievements to your education, like excellence in math or teacher compliments.
- Include optional CV sections like a QuickBooks certification or volunteer work.
Got questions on how to write great CVs for accounts payable jobs? Not sure how to put accounts payable on a CV? Leave a comment. We’ll be happy to reply!