A good project coordinator pulls together a thousand tiny pieces to solve mammoth puzzles. Show your chaos-crushing skills with this expert project coordinator CV sample.
Why can’t you get a bank teller job?
Do you have to know someone?
But you have to know your way around the bank.
And you have to prove it in your CV.
The good news?
Pick the right banking work history moments and you’ll glitter like Fort Knox.
In this guide:
- A bank teller CV sample better than most.
- How to make a good bank teller job description for CVs.
- How to write a CV for bank teller jobs that gets interviews.
- Why you can’t just list bank teller skills (and what to do instead).
Save hours of work and get a CV like this. Pick a template, fill it in. Quick and easy. Choose from 21 CV templates and download your CV now.
What users say about Resumelab:
I had an interview yesterday and the first thing they said on the phone was: “Wow! I love your CV.”
I love the variety of templates. Good job guys, keep up the good work!
My previous CV was really weak and I used to spend hours adjusting it in Word. Now, I can introduce any changes within minutes. Absolutely wonderful!
Bank Teller CV Sample You Can Copy and Use
Efficient bank teller with 2+ years of experience and solid skills in basic accounting and cash drawer maintenance. Seeking to provide efficient customer service at BA&H Bank. At Southwest Pine Bank, handled transactions of £500,000 per day. Exceeded sales goals by 8%.
Southwest Pine Bank
- Completed 250+ daily transactions worth £500,000 per day.
- Maintained high level of customer service, contributing materially to a 15% rise in customer retention in a six month period.
- Exceeded sales goals by 8% per quarter. Used active listening to find customer needs and match them with extensive product knowledge.
Takacz Veterinary Clinic
- Processed 150+ drawer transactions per day.
- Used basic accounting skills to open and close drawer.
- Wrote 500+ customer reports weekly with MS Office
- Resolved 10+ complaints per week with 100% satisfaction.
- Ran cash drawer during busy times.
- Scored 97% positive on customer comment card tallies thanks to friendly attitude, good communication skills, and efficient service.
BA, Classics, ASU
- Maintained 4.0 GPA in all accounting coursework.
- As cashier in school bookstore, created survey initiative that led to 25% rise in customer loyalty over online shopping competitors.
- Lead weekly HIIT classes to groups of 12+.
- Active member, Business Networking International.
Board Member, Pima County Homeless Shelter
- Organise biannual fundraisers worth £30,000 per year.
- Work with board to develop monthly budget.
- Network with 100+ community business leaders.
Hard Skills: basic accounting, cash drawer maintenance, CRM, MS Office
Soft Skills: interpersonal skills, communication, building customer loyalty, complaint resolution
Got other forward-facing skills? See our other guides:
Haven't found what you're looking for? Check all our professional CV examples.
Now here’s how to write an effective bank teller CV:
1. Start With the Best Bank Teller CV Format
Bank tellers are the interface between the customer and the bank. They process deposits, withdrawals, and special requests. They’re the face the customer sees, and they resolve conflicts, provide service, and sell bank products. A bank teller CV has to show responsibility and people skills.
But here’s the thing:
Format your CV for bank teller jobs well, and they’ll know at a glance they can rely on you.
Use these formatting tips:
Bank Teller CV Format
- Choose the reverse-chronological format.
- Use one of the good CV fonts like 10–12pt Lato or Book Antiqua.
- Include generous white space and 1-inch margins.
- Write a one-page CV for bank teller jobs.
- Fill out these CV sections: Header, Objective, Work Experience, Education, Skills, and “Additional.”
Expert Hint: Always save banking CVs as PDF files. They don’t change their look on different devices, and ATS software has no trouble reading them.
2. Write a Good Bank Teller CV Objective or Summary
Want the job?
Of course you do.
But you won’t get it by wishing.
In fact, the bank manager won’t even read your CV. Unless—
You catch her eye with a professional CV summary.
- An adjective or two (efficient, reliable)
- The words “bank teller”
- Your years of experience (2+, 7+)
- How you’ll help (deliver efficient customer service)
- The bank name (BA&H, Southwest Pine, etc.)
- Best banking achievement or two (exceeded sales goals by 8%)
These bank teller CV examples fill the form:
Bank Teller CV Summary—Example
The first of those bank teller CV samples is solid as a vault.
The second is just posturing.
Writing an entry-level bank teller CV?
Don’t have experience?
Yes you do! It’s in non-bank-teller jobs where you used bank teller skills. Add them to your professional CV objective.
Bank Teller CV Objective—Example
Expert Hint: Your bank teller CV summary or objective should be the last thing you write. It goes at the top, but to write it you’ll need everything else finished first.
The ResumeLab builder is more than looks. Get specific content to boost your chances of getting the job. Add job descriptions, bullet points, and skills. Easy. Improve your CV in our CV builder now.
3. Write a Maxed Out Bank Teller Job Description
Why will they hire you?
Because you match their bank teller opening like a correct account number.
And you can do it. You just need to show them the right banking moments in your past.
How to write a bank teller job description for CVs:
- Track down the position’s needs in the online ad.
- Note the skills and bank teller responsibilities you see.
- Think: when have you excelled at those?
- Add them to your banking CV bullet points.
These bank teller CV examples show how:
Bank Teller Job Description for a CV [Sample]
One of those CV job descriptions is overdrawn.
But that first one—wow! It’s got exactly what the bank manager is after.
That’s why it’ll get the interview.
See this if you’re writing an entry-level CV for bank teller jobs:
Entry-Level Bank Teller CV Job Description [Sample]
The first of those bank teller CV examples fits like exact change.
Oh, one more thing:
But it’s best to use what’s listed in the job posting.
Important Skills for a Bank Teller Skills CV
Cash Drawer Maintenance
Building Customer Loyalty
Attention to Detail
Expert Tip: Want them to believe your banking CV? Then add numbers like £500,000, 8%, and other metrics that convince.
4. Turn Boring Education to a Reason to Hire You
You don’t need 10 years of schooling to be a bank teller.
The right school moments can make the phone ring.
This bank teller CV example has what it takes:
Bank Teller Education—Example
If you just list your school and degree without accomplishments, your CV won’t shine.
Expert Hint: Do you need a GPA in the education section of your CV for bank teller jobs? Not unless you just got out of school. But you can list it if it will impress them.
5. Fund Your Bank Teller CV With Bonus Sections
Here’s the icing on the cake:
Use added CV sections to show passion and character.
- Certifications (ABA or ICBA. You don’t need these, but they can help an entry-level bank teller CV a bit.)
- Additional activities
- Freelance or volunteer work
- Foreign languages you speak
- Honours or awards
- Continuing education
Let these bank teller CV examples route you right:
Bank Teller CV—Extra Sections
Details that show banking skills or general competence.
Expert Hint: Write a cover letter. A bank teller cover letter will skyrocket your chance of getting interviewed—especially if you show more shining work history moments.
Double your impact with a matching CV and cover letter combo. Use our cover letter builder and make your application documents pop out.
For a bank teller CV that lands interviews:
- Use the bank teller CV template up top. It compounds their interest in you by listing all your greatest moments.
- Put bank teller accomplishments everywhere—in your CV objective, work history, education, and “added” sections.
- List bank teller skills they want. Hunt them down by looking in the job posting online.
- Write a bank teller cover letter that shows you know the skills and duties of this banking job.
Got questions on how to write great CVs for bank teller jobs? Not sure how to show bank teller on a CV? Leave a comment. We’ll be happy to reply!