A student CV template that will land you a first job interview. See an example student CV. Follow expert advice on CV format for student CV.
From serving as the lead point of contact to negotiating contracts to maintaining long-term relationships, you’re the company’s ambassador and strategic liaison.
And, you know you’d make the best account manager they’ve ever hired.
The director of sales isn’t aware of how well you’ll do compared with the other applicants.
Prove you’re hot stuff with the best CV for account manager jobs they’ve ever witnessed.
It’s not hard at all.
In this guide:
- The best account manager CV sample to get those sales jobs.
- How to target the CV to the account management job description.
- How to write CVs for account managers that score sales interviews.
- Tips and examples to improve your chances of landing account management jobs.
Create a job-winning CV with little effort. Hack your way through ATS software with our 18 beautiful templates—give our builder a try!
Create my CV now
Account Manager CV Sample You Can Copy and Use
Summary of Qualifications
Customer-oriented account manager with 3+ years of experience overseeing 25+ medium and large clients and successfully managing client relationships. Certified Business Relationship Manager (CBRM). Skilled with Salesforce and Zoho CRM. 100% client satisfaction for 3 straight years. Seeking to leverage 35% year-over-year revenue increase and proven track record to become the key account manager at TGT Technologies.
Sales Account Manager
August 2016–October 2019
Century 25 Equipment, Concord, CA
Key Qualifications & Responsibilities
- Managed the accounts of 25+ medium and large business clients.
- Built and maintained new and existing relationships assigned by the account executive.
- Ensured timely response, support, and product delivery for each and every sale.
- Prepared reports and forecast models for future quarters based on past sales performance.
- Mentored, trained, and onboarded junior account managers and account management interns, as necessary.
- Increased revenue by 35% or more year-over-year for 3 years straight.
- Maintained a 100% Net Promoter Score (NPS) rating during the entire span of employment.
Junior Account Manager
March 2015–July 2016
The Primetime Agency, Pleasant Hill, CA
Key Qualifications & Responsibilities
- Assisted key account manager and senior account managers in administering large advertising accounts.
- Helped maintain positive, productive, and profitable client relationships.
- Managed 5 small client accounts with sales between £5K and £25K per year.
- Collaborated with other departments to increase sales, locate new clients, and communicate with all stakeholders.
Bachelor's in Business Administration
University of Florida, Warrington University of Business Administration, Gainesville, FL
Relevant Coursework: Managerial Accounting, Operations Management, Business Account Management, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Financial Management, Business Communication Skills, Organisational Behaviour, Client Relationship Management.
- Personable & Friendly Demeanour
- Sales & Negotiation Skills
- CRM Software (e.g., Salesforce, HubSpot)
- Excellent Communication
- Conflict Resolution
- Client Relationship Maintenance
- Certified Business Relationship Manager (CBRM)
- NAHU Benefits Account Manager Certification (BAMC)
- Strategic Account Management Association (SAMA)
- Dutch: Beginner’s Proficiency
Also, check out these CV examples related to account management:
- Marketing CV
- Operations Manager CV
- Business Development CV
- Business Manager CV
- Business Owner CV
- Product Manager CV
- Program Manager CV
- Sales Representative CV
- Sales Associate CV
- Sales Manager CV
- Call Centre CV
- Customer Service CV
- Executive CV
- Supervisor CV
- Business Manager CV
- General Manager CV
- Project Manager CV
Haven't found what you're looking for? Check all our CV examples.
This is how to write an account manager CV:
1. Format the Account Manager CV Template
Wanna know what loses the sales director’s trust before they even read your CV?
A poorly-formatted CV.
Here’s how to format an account manager CV template in a way they’ll love:
- Use a reverse-chronological CV structure, which emphasises the most recent items first for maximum impact.
- Leave a border of about 1 inch around all 4 sides of the document.
- Pick a legible CV font for the text in your CV so it’s immediately easy for the sales director to read.
- Include only relevant material in each CV section—delete anything else.
- Export your CV in PDF format. Some Microsoft Word docs act finicky on certain devices, whereas PDFs look great anywhere.
2. Start with an Account Manager CV Objective or Summary
When you get handed a new lead, that first discovery call and pitch sets the tone for the rest of your relationship with the client.
Same on a CV.
Here, though, that opening pitch is known as a CV summary or CV objective.
Do you have years of experience as an account manager?
Select the career summary.
An account manager CV summary statement introduces you with a few impressive details, such as your experience, closing skills, and background. To intrigue the reader to continue, it adds in achievements with numbers, thus proving you’re as awesome as you say.
Here are two account manager CVs examples of summary paragraphs:
Account Manager CV Examples—Summary
See what makes them different?
Always target CVs to a specific job ad. That second one is so generic it could be sent anywhere. It shows laziness and that you couldn’t care much less.
Also, use quantifiable sales achievements to showcase your expertise with proof. Those numbers will easily let them calculate your sales potential with them.
What if this is your first time applying to an account management job?
This time, select the career objective.
The account manager CV objective wins the hiring manager over with a statement of your career ambitions and goals. And, though you’re coming from a different field, still include numbered accomplishments to highlight relevant skills and achievements.
Here are two junior account manager CV examples of objective paragraphs:
Account Manager CVs Objective
Just like before, always remember to personalise your CV to one specific company and job offer. Likewise, include numbered wins to maximise your shot at scoring an interview.
Expert Hint: Having a hard time getting that intro paragraph started? Write it last. Many people find that completing the other CV sections first allow them to breeze through the CV heading statement later.
3. Craft a Powerful Account Manager Job Description and Skills Section
This is the part where you either put dollar signs in their eyes or make their eyes glaze over—
The employment history part of a CV.
Here’s how to talk up your past experience:
- Go reverse-chronologically, meaning your most recent job goes at the top.
- List your job title, the span of time you were employed, the company’s name, and their city and state.
- Follow that with a bullet-point list of job responsibilities. Make them as relevant to your prospective account manager job as possible.
- Include quantifiable achievements so they can get an easy understanding of just how talented you are.
Let’s see some account management job descriptions out in the wild:
Account Manager Job Description for CV Examples
See the differences?
A great work history section on an account supervisor CV is detailed, relevant, and, most importantly, includes achievements with numbers.
One’s churn, while the other is cha-ching.
Time to include a CV skills list to achieve employer engagement.
Here is a sample list of account manager skills for a CV:
20+ Account Manager Skills & Proficiencies for a CV
- Friendly & Diplomatic
- Sales & Marketing Skills
- Negotiation Skills
- CRM Software (e.g., Salesforce, HubSpot, Zoho, Freshsales, Pipedrive)
- Excellent Communication & Listening Skills
- Problem Solving & Conflict Resolution
- Client Relationship Maintenance
- Technical Skills
- Microsoft Office / Google Docs
- Accounting & Finance Software
- Maximising Average Contract Value (ACV)
- Optimising Average Selling Price (ASP)
- Organisational Skills
- Creative Thinking
- Relationship Business Management (RBM)
- Interpersonal Skills
- Collaborative Skills
- Exceeding Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Spreadsheets & Reporting
- Time Management
- Multitasking Skills
- Analytics Software
- Phone Calls & Emails
Don’t just export this list and plop it right down into your account manager CV, however.
That would be as ridiculous as expecting great leads from a £5 eBay client list.
Return to the account manager employment offer’s job responsibilities section. These give you the particular keywords to add to a CV. Then, if you have a skill listed, put that on your CV skills list.
That’s strategic optimization, for sure.
If the job description is looking for someone with Salesforce experience, make sure the keyword "Salesforce" is somewhere in your CV.
Expert Hint: Employment of advertising, promotions, and marketing account managers are expected to increase by 8% between 2018 and 2028. To beat those 21,800 other job applicants, make sure your account manager skills list is on fleek.
4. Turn Your Education Section Into a Reason to Hire You
Want to make sure you get the Fair Market Value (FMV) when you talk paycheck?
Don’t neglect the education section on your account director CV.
Here’s how easy it is:
Account Manager CV Example of Education Section
Here are the rules to follow when adding your educational background:
- Start with the degree or major name at the top.
- Next, list the name of the school, the city, and the state.
- Follow that with the year of your completion (or expected year of graduation).
- Finally, add anything relevant to the account management job, such as classes, academic awards, or projects.
If you’ve completed a university degree, omit your high school. Otherwise, add high school as a secondary entry on your insurance or advertising account executive CV.
Expert Hint: Is your academic history more impressive than your job background, for now? In this case, switch places so the education section is on top—you always want to give the sales director or HR manager the most impactful and important things first.
5. Round Out Your Account Management CV With a Few Extras
Want to earn some bonus points?
Give the employer a kicker by including extra sections on your sales or national account manager CV.
These additional CV sections get you noticed by allowing the hiring manager to get the full picture about you. Others will fall short when they include only the core CV sections from above.
Here are a few great options:
- Business Relationship Management Professional (BRMP)
- Certified Key Account Executive (CKAE)
- ISM Level 5 Certificate in Sales and Account Management (Oxford)
- Certified Control Account Manager (CCAM)
- Key Account Management Certificate (NEOMA)
Sales Organisations & Associations
- The Strategic Account Management Association (SAMA)
- The Association for Key Account Management (AKAM)
- Attending Conferences
- Reading Marketing Books
Foreign Language Proficiency
- Japanese: Native Proficiency
- Telugu: Professional Working Proficiency
- Italian: Intermediate Proficiency
- Gujarati: Basic Conversational Proficiency
Expert Hint: The best “extra section” you can include is to attach an account manager cover letter with your CV. Attaching a cover letter lets the company get the full story, and you can use it to explain employment gaps, show enthusiasm, and display passion for sales.
That wasn’t so bad, right?
Let’s go over it once more—
Here’s how to write a CV for account management jobs:
- Format the junior or senior account manager CV template for easy readability.
- Open the CV with a compelling summary or objective statement, depending on your account management experience.
- Document your work history, starting with your most recent job first.
- Add a few choice skills using CV keywords found in the job description.
- Include an education section highlighting any coursework or awards relevant to an account manager job.
- Incorporate additional CV sections, such as sales certifications or management memberships, to increase your unique selling proposition.
- Always include an account management cover letter attached to your job application.
Now that’s a CV that’s sure to get you right of first refusal to the job interview!
Got any questions on writing account manager CVs? Need help organising your account manager job description CV section or coming up with sales accomplishments? Let’s chat below in the comment area, and thanks for reading!