Sales manager CV examples that land interviews. Make your retail sales manager CV quickly. Learn from expert tips. See good vs. bad examples.
You’ve found the perfect business development CV sample.
This is high stakes.
You’ve got talent like Og Mandino, and you drive Netflix-level growth.
But it’s all for nothing if they don’t let you into the negotiation room.
Without a standout business development manager CV, your job search will stagnate.
Don’t worry. In a few minutes, you’ll have a CV Daniel Goleman would appreciate.
In this guide:
- A business development CV sample better than most.
- How to write a business development director CV that sparkles.
- How to craft the perfect business development job description.
- Why you can’t just list business development skills (and what to do instead).
Save hours of work and get a CV like this. Pick a template, fill it in. Quick and easy. Choose from 21 CV templates and download your CV now.
What users say about ResumeLab:
I had an interview yesterday and the first thing they said on the phone was: “Wow! I love your CV.”
I love the variety of templates. Good job guys, keep up the good work!
My previous CV was really weak and I used to spend hours adjusting it in Word. Now, I can introduce any changes within minutes. Absolutely wonderful!
Business Development CV Sample You Can Copy and Use
Results-driven business development director with 6+ years of experience growing business massively for tech firms. Seeking to double sales at Arias Tech Solutions in 1 year. Grew sales 50% in 15 months at ScreenRoom 3D through 2 new product lines.
Director of Business Development
ScreenRoom 3D, Inc.
- Led development of 2 new programs in £4M 3D printer enterprise.
- Grew sales by 50% in 15 months by adding two new business lines, including a CAD scanner and metals printer.
- Worked with cross-functional teams of engineers, technicians, and sales personnel to identify 10 new potential product lines.
- Held informational interviews with 50+ key customers and conducted surveys to assess current market and customer needs.
- Outsourced conceptual engineers to liaise with internal stakeholders to develop new products that filled unmet client needs.
- Created 2 new programs that increased revenues by £2.2M annually, saved 20+ jobs, and created 10 new jobs.
Business Development Manager
- Led teams of 25+ sales and marketing employees.
- Landed 20 global accounts in 8 months through new account strategy.
- Cut costs by £1.1M yearly through redesigned marketing spending.
IntelliRounds Global, LLC
- Collaborated with corporate leadership, engineering, and marketing teams to develop new offerings that raised sales £500K in 1 year.
- Increased customer retention by 30% through facilitating the addition of new product lines unexplored by competitors.
University of Southern California
- Daniel M. Potter Scholar for business strategy & leadership.
- President, Entrepreneur & Venture Management Association.
BS in Product Design
University of California, Berkeley, 2005–2009
- Head of Volunteering, NBDA.
- Board of Directors, MAR Student Observatory.
- Mentor group of 25 sales professionals in business growth.
Hard Skills: omnichannel processes, D2C ecommerce, financial planning, product development
Soft Skills: interpersonal skills, leadership, communication, analytical skills
Are you sure a business development manager CV is right for you? See our guides:
- Account Manager CV Sample & Guide
- Consultant CV Sample & Guide
- Business Manager CV Sample & Guide
- Program Manager CV Sample & Guide
- Project Manager CV Samples & Guide
- Operations Manager CV Sample & Guide
- Executive CV Sample & Guide
- CEO CV Sample & Guide
Haven't found what you're looking for? Check all our CV examples for any job.
Here’s how to write a business development CV with the right fit:
1. Use a Clean Business Development CV Format
You wrote a flawless business development CV, but the BoD deleted it.
Your clumsy formatting made you look like you came up with New Coke.
CV formatting is like a watch by MVMT or a Tom Ford suit. It has to show professionalism and capability.
Use these tips:
Business Development CV Format
- Craft a 1–3 page CV depending on your achievements.
- Set margins at one inch.
- Choose a CV font like 11–14pt Lucia Sans or Bell MT.
- Add plenty of white space.
- Write CV sections for Heading, Summary, Experience, Education, and Skills.
- Put jobs in reverse-chronological CV order.
- To look your best on all devices, submit a PDF CV.
2. Write a Business Development CV Objective or Summary
Here’s the good news:
The board will only skim most CVs.
Wait—that’s bad news. Isn’t it?
- One adjective (energetic, versatile)
- “Business development manager” (or job title from the posting)
- Years of experience (5+, 8+)
- What you’ll do, for whom (double sales at Arias Tech Solutions...)
- Best business development manager CV accomplishments (Grew sales 50%...)
See these director of business development CV examples:
Business Development CV Summary—Example
The last of those business development CV samples says “trust me.” But—
The BoD would rather trust the 50% sales increase in example #1.
Put a fact like that in your business development manager CV and you’ll look Momo-level.
But what if your business development experience is still conceptual?
You can still boost your bottom line. See these entry-level CV samples for business development jobs:
Entry-Level Business Development CV Objective
The second of those entry-level business development CV examples with no experience fails.
It says you have a track record, but doesn’t show it like the first example.
3. Right-Size Your Business Development Job Description and Skills Sections
What skills are vital in a business development CV?
Here’s a CV skills list:
Business Development CV Skills
D2C Ecommerce Solutions
Team Building and Management
But pump the brakes—
Don’t ever list the lot in a CV for business development jobs. Nobody will buy it.
These business development manager CV samples show how:
Let’s say the job wants skills in developing business lines, working with cross-functional teams, market assessments, and outsourcing.
Business Development Job Description for a CV [Sample]
The second of those business development manager CV examples says handled, responsible, in charge, tasked—the death knell!
You want specific business development achievements that rocked the boat.
What if you’re a new business development professional?
A CV with no experience needs business development proof from other jobs.
See these entry-level business development CV examples with no experience. They’re for a job that needs collaboration and new product lines.
Entry-Level Business Development CV Job Description [Sample]
The last of those business development CV bullets lists targets a sales job!
But the first could be a young Eric Ries.
Expert Hint: Business development managers in the UK earn even up to £60,000/year, and to get there, you'll need excellent leadership skills. Consider taking a leadership course to boost your chances of getting hired or promoted.
The ResumeLab builder is more than looks. Get specific content to boost your chances of getting the job. Add job descriptions, bullet points, and skills. Easy. Improve your CV in our CV builder now.
Nail it all with a splash of colour, choose a clean font, highlight your skills in just a few clicks. You’re the perfect candidate and we’ll prove it. Use the ResumeLab builder now.
4. Create a Winning Education Section
Your education in a business development manager CV doesn’t matter.
Everyone is wrong.
Your CV education section needs to pull its weight.
Don’t just show your degree and school.
Put business development skills in it—especially if you’re relatively new.
See this business development CV sample:
Business Development CV Example—Education
You didn’t just earn a sheepskin. You ruled it.
5. Add Deal Sweeteners to Your Business Development CV
If you look like everyone else, you don’t have a business development CV.
You have a lottery ticket.
Let’s even up the odds.
Do it with added sections in your business development manager CV.
You can include:
- Certifications (CBDE, etc.)
- Awards and honours
- Board memberships
- Professional associations (NBDA, etc.)
- Speaking engagements
- Media mentions
- Foreign languages
- Additional activities
See these business development CV examples:
Business Development CV—Other Sections
The first of those director of business development CV samples overflows with competence.
Expert Hint: Create a cover letter for your CV for business development jobs. It should show how your passions and past wins fit the company mission.
Double your impact with a matching CV and cover letter combo. Use our cover letter builder and make your application documents pop out.
Want to try a different look? There’s 18 more. A single click will give your document a total makeover. Pick a cover letter template here.
Here’s how to write a business development director CV:
- Use a good business development CV template. Stock it with your best business development accomplishments.
- Include business development skills like product development or team leadership. Use metrics to show those skills are Nvidia-sized.
- Write a business development CV summary to provide a window into your best attributes.
- Add “special” sections with an NBDA membership or a position on a charitable BoD.
Got questions on how to write good CVs for business development jobs? Not sure how to put business development on a CV? Leave a comment. We’ll be happy to reply!