Your vocation is to diagnose and alleviate suffering. Let’s heal your doctor CV of any pathologies and give your career a prognosis of success.
Welcome to a Mary-Barra-level business manager CV sample.
But press pause—
Getting a business manager job is tough.
You can deal with irate, lazy, overworked, and unskilled team members.
You get wildly different departments to play nice together. Even when they seem to speak different languages.
But how can you prove it to the CEO before you meet?
With a data-driven CV for business management positions.
In this guide:
- A business manager CV sample better than most.
- How to write a business manager CV that sizzles.
- How to customise a business manager job description for CVs.
- Why you can’t just list business manager skills (and what to do instead).
Save hours of work and get a CV like this. Pick a template, fill it in. Quick and easy. Choose from 18+ CV templates and download your CV now.
What users say about ResumeLab:
I had an interview yesterday and the first thing they said on the phone was: “Wow! I love your CV.”
I love the variety of templates. Good job guys, keep up the good work!
My previous CV was really weak and I used to spend hours adjusting it in Word. Now, I can introduce any changes within minutes. Absolutely wonderful!
Business Manager CV Sample You Can Copy and Adapt
Engaging business manager with 5+ years of experience leading teams of 20+ to raise revenue and cut costs. Seeking to increase earnings at High Clarity Outlets. At North Line Outfitters, raised revenue £248,000 through improved pricing and local marketing.
North Line Outfitters, Watertown, CT
- Led a team of 21 associates to grow revenue by 20% in 14 months.
- Raised employee retention by 35% by engaging employees through active listening and team involvement in store goals and metrics.
- Monitored key performance indicators for sales, budgeting, and employee performance. Raised customer ratings 18%.
- Hired and trained 8 new team members using behaviour-based coaching strategies. Ensured 100% compliance with all policies.
- Worked with local marketing and sales teams to drive 23% more foot traffic to store in 18 months through local campaigns.
Grew store revenue by £248,000 through a directed campaign of local marketing and improved pricing and inventory management.
Johnny's Rib Rack, Watertown, CT
- Led a team of 25 employees to raise revenue in a popular restaurant by 10%. Improved Customer satisfaction scores by 15%.
- Used staff meetings to deploy policies but mostly to hear employee concerns. Conducted surveys and measured a 12% jump in morale.
Collaborated with team to redesign product offerings according to surveyed customer needs. Raised revenue by £97,000.
BS in Business Management
University of Connecticut
- Excelled in accounting and budgeting classes.
- VP of Student Business Leaders Group.
2019 – Retail Business Management, Alison
2018 – QuickBooks, Intuit
- Member, American Business Management Association.
- Volunteer mentor to 15 retail managers.
Hard Skills: scheduling, budgeting, accounting, training, recruiting
Soft Skills: leadership, collaboration, planning, communication
What kind of CV for business manager jobs do you need? See these guides:
- Store Manager CV
- Account Manager CV
- Assistant Manager CV
- Business Development CV
- Program Manager CV
- IT Project Manager CV
- Restaurant Manager CV
- Office Manager CV
- Operations Manager CV
- Product Manager CV
- Project Manager CV
- Property Manager CV
- Sales Manager CV
- General Manager CV
- Business Owner CV
- General Manager CV
- Retail Manager CV Examples
Haven't found what you're looking for? Check all our CV examples for over 200 jobs.
Here’s how to write a confident business manager CV:
1. Use the Best Business Manager CV Format
Your CV format is the first hint of your competence.
Use these tips to show professionalism:
Business Manager CV Format
- List work history in reverse-chronological CV order.
- Add white space and make one-inch margins.
- Write CV sections for Heading, Summary, Work History, Education, and Skills.
- Keep a short (one-page) CV length unless you’ve got enough Cardone-style accomplishments to fill 2–4 pages.
- Write with a CV font like 11–14pt Georgia or Verdana.
- Save a PDF CV to shine on any device.
Expert Hint: Research in the Journal of Business Venturing shows 95% of firms use “financial bootstrapping” techniques like buying used, vendor negotiation, and delaying payments. Show how you’ve cut costs in your business manager CV.
2. Write a Business Manager CV Summary or Objective
To get the CEO to read your CV for business manager jobs—
Put an lift speech up top.
- An adjective (engaging, energetic)
- “Business Manager ” (or the title from the job posting)
- Years of experience (3+, 9+)
- Who and how you’ll help (increase earnings at High Clarity Outlets)
- Best CV achievements(raised revenue £248,000...)
Save it for last to finish fast.
See these business manager CV examples:
Business Manager CV Summary—Example
The second of those business manager CV samples is functional. But the first has 5+, 20+, and £248,000. It’s chock full of proof.
“Slow down, captain. I haven’t moved the world like that! I’m just getting my feet wet!”
Even a new manager can get good ROI.
See this entry-level CV for business manager jobs:
Entry-Level Business Manager CV Objective
The second of those entry-level business manager CV examples is pie-in-the-sky.
The first has all those juicy numbers.
3. Target Your Business Manager Job Description and Skills
What business manager skills go best in CVs?
See this list:
Business Manager CV Skills
Marketing & Sales
Watch your step!
Don’t stack them all in your CV for business manager jobs. You’ll look a little too “creative.”
Write a custom-fitted CV instead.
See these business manager CV samples:
The job in this example needs skills in leading teams, active listening, monitoring key performance indicators, and training.
Business Manager Job Description for a CV [Sample]
The first of those business manager CV examples uses the right CV keywords. Then it shows the bottom-line result of each.
Does the second example seem silly? I see people do this again and again. They neglect to mention eye-popping achievements.
What if your business manager career is in the startup stage?
Add the right experience to your entry-level CV.
See these business management CV examples with no experience:
The job wants team leadership, product offering design, and policy deployment.
Entry-Level Business Manager CV Job Description [Sample]
If you stick to the keywords in the job ad, then link them to your work history, you’re hired.
That’s what the first of those business manager CV samples does well.
The ResumeLab builder is more than looks. Get specific content to boost your chances of getting the job. Add job descriptions, bullet points, and skills. Easy. Improve your CV in our CV builder now.
Nail it all with a splash of colour, choose a clean font, highlight your skills in just a few clicks. You’re the perfect candidate and we’ll prove it. Use the ResumeLab builder now.
4. Write a High-Performing Education Section
In a CV for business manager jobs, experience trumps education.
But without the right CV education section, you’ll miss an opportunity.
Can you see how this business manager CV sample works?
Business Manager CV Example—Education
That shows you have deep-rooted leadership, accounting, and budgeting skills.
5. Put Additional Info in Your Business Manager CV
To get the BoD to look your way—
Put extras in your business management CV.
You have to go beyond just work history and schooling.
Try one of these:
- Certifications (CBME, etc.)
- Associations (APBM, AMA, etc.)
- Volunteer work
- Foreign languages
- Additional activities
- Personal achievements
See these business manager CV examples:
Business Manager CV—Other Sections
The first of the business manager CV samples above works great.
The certifications, AMA membership, and volunteering are Brian-Chesky-worthy.
Expert Hint: Write a cover letter for your business management CV. Show leadership passion and your most impressive manager moments that fit the position.
Double your impact with a matching CV and cover letter combo. Use our cover letter builder and make your application documents pop out.
Want to try a different look? There’s 18 more. A single click will give your document a total makeover. Pick a cover letter template here.
Here’s how to write a business manager CV:
- Use the business manager CV template up top. Add achievements from your leadership experience.
- List business manager skills like budgeting and strategy creation. But show the targets you’ve hit through using them.
- Write a business manager CV summary loaded with highlights from your work history.
- Create “Additional” CV sections with business manager achievements to signal you’re the next Stewart Butterfield.
Got questions on how to write good CVs for business manager jobs? Not sure how to put business manager on a CV? Leave a comment. We’ll be happy to reply!