Were you born with an RJ45 cable in one hand and a screwdriver in the other? With this guide, your computer technician CV will be more effective than Stuxnet.
You’re up against it.
A program manager who hasn’t done the exact job the company needs will not get hired.
Program managers make £88K a year on average.
If the company hires wrong, it’ll cost them £26K to £38K.
But don’t worry—
With the right skills and keywords in your program manager CV, you’ll fit the job like a Jira project.
In this guide:
- A program manager CV sample better than most.
- How to write a CV for program manager jobs that puts you in the lead.
- How to make a professional program manager job description for CVs.
- Why you can’t just list program manager skills (and what to do instead).
Save hours of work and get a CV like this. Pick a template, fill it in. Quick and easy. Choose from 18+ CV templates and download your CV now.
What users say about ResumeLab:
I had an interview yesterday and the first thing they said on the phone was: “Wow! I love your CV.”
I love the variety of templates. Good job guys, keep up the good work!
My previous CV was really weak and I used to spend hours adjusting it in Word. Now, I can introduce any changes within minutes. Absolutely wonderful!
Program Manager CV Sample You Can Copy and Use
Productive Program Manager and PgMP with 6+ years of experience. Seeking to slash costs and raise quality at Young-Bunvalds Inc. At Exanential Global, led 15 cross-functional teams in global firm with £20B in revenue. Ensured 95% of projects were on-time and 98% were under budget.
IT Program Manager
Exanential Global, Inc.
- Led 15 cross-functional teams in global business with £20B in revenue.
- Managed teams to business objectives, ensuring 95% of project milestones were on-time and 98% were under-budget.
- Developed custom CRM software to improve project performance to client goals. Raised client satisfaction 20% and repeat business 15%.
- Developed Improvements Kata system that achieved 24% increase in productivity business-wide. System reached 93% employee buy-in.
- Trained 11 project coordinators in process policies. Attained 18% higher monthly job rating scores for all trainees.
IT Project Manager
- Led 5 IT specialists in manufacturing business with £15M revenue.
- Upgraded 180 employees to Windows 10, achieving zero downtime. Created automated file transfer process, saving 150 labour hours and £12,000.
- Developed scalable ERP system, raising process efficiency 20%.
- Managed project to develop custom HR software that cut 5 meeting hours per week for 30 engineers. Saved an estimated £750,000 per year.
- Led project that slashed security risk by 28%.
PgMP - Project Management Institute, 2013
- Pursued a passion for Agile coursework.
- Recognised by professor for program scheduling skills.
BS Computer Science, Towson University
- Received the Alameda Student Award for program management study.
- Assisted with management of program to update dining facility IT system.
- 2019 — Resource Planning Summit — gave talk about vendor management.
- 2017 — Change Management Conference
- Member, PMI
- Volunteer IT program manager for local Habitat for Humanity chapter.
- Regularly contribute articles on tech to Yodiz Project Management Blog.
Hard Skills: Agile, Scrum, business process improvement, program scheduling, training, vendor management
Soft Skills: Leadership, analytical thinking, interpersonal skills, communication
Explore more specific management CV examples:
- Supervisor CV
- Sales Manager CV
- Business Manager CV
- Business Owner CV
- Consultant CV
- Project Manager CV
- Product Manager CV
- Operations Manager CV
- Account Manager CV
- Real Estate/Property Manager CV
- Store Manager CV
- CEO CV
- Executive CV
- General Manager CV
Haven't found what you're looking for? Check all our CV examples.
Here’s how to write a program manager CV:
1. Select the Best Program Manager CV Format
How can you get hired?
Answer: show you meet acceptance criteria at a glance.
The format of your CV is critical.
Use the reverse-chronological format so the hiring team can’t miss your relevant achievements.
Program Manager CV Format
- Use one-inch margins and a 1-page CV.
- Add white space for legibility.
- Write with a CV font like 10–12pt Times New Roman or Calibri.
- Make CV sections like Heading, Summary, Experience, Education, and Skills.
- Save it in the PDF format. PDF CV layouts stay agile across all devices.
Expert Hint: The average bad hire costs 30% of employee salary. To overcome company fears, craft the most professional-looking program manager CV you can.
2. Write a Program Manager CV Objective or Summary
You can convince them.
You could. If you had ten minutes.
You have about 7 seconds before they ditch you for the next applicant.
That’s a quick paragraph that makes them care.
- An adjective (productive, efficient)
- “program manager”
- Years of experience (2+, 6+)
- How & who you want to help (slash costs at Young-Bunvalds Inc.)
- Best program manager moments (led 15 cross-functional teams...)
- Some key job skills (leadership, program scheduling...)
Make it easy by writing it last.
These technical program manager CV examples outline the plan:
Program Manager CV Summary—Example
Both samples reference leadership and program scheduling. But—
One adds £20B, 15 teams, 95% on-time, and other telling metrics.
Do the same thing with an entry-level CV for program managers.
See this entry-level program manager CV sample:
Entry-Level Program Manager CV Objective
This is key.
The second of those entry-level program manager assistant CV examples lists upgrading and developing.
The first shows proof.
Expert Hint: Program managers have a massive salary range from £57K–£127K. To hit the high end, your IT program manager CV must show you match the opening.
3. Write a Solid Program Manager Job Description and Skills Section
75% of CVs never reach a human.
To get past the hiring software, your CV for program manager jobs needs keywords.
Use them the right way. Then when you do get to a person, you’ll turn heads.
In other words, target your CV.
To write a program manager job description for CVs:
- Search for CV skills in the job ad.
- Write down the most important. They’re your CV keywords.
- Don’t just toss them into your CV. Show you used them to get bottom line results.
Follow the first of these senior program manager CV samples:
Pretend the job ad wants these program management skills: program scheduling, developing custom software, employee training.
Program Manager Job Description for CV [Sample]
The first of those IT program manager CV examples adds keywords like schedule, develop, and train.
But it also uses 15, £20B, 95%, and other numbers to show size.
What about an entry-level CV?
Pretend the job ad wants these program manager skills: leadership, upgrading workstations, developing custom ERP systems.
If you’re entry-level, you’ve never been a program manager. But—
You’ve used the skills:
Entry-Level Program Manager CV Job Description [Sample]
That first sample shows you’ve done what they need.
Want to see it fail? Just take out the key skills and numbers.
What program manager skills work best? Use this list:
Program Manager Skills for CVs
Agile & Scrum
Business Process Improvement
IT and Technical Skills
Leading Cross-Functional Teams
Expert Hint: You may need to show Gantt chart skills in your program manager CV. If the job ad mentions them, a quick Gantt training course can help.
The ResumeLab builder is more than looks. Get specific content to boost your chances of getting the job. Add job descriptions, bullet points, and skills. Easy. Improve your CV in our CV builder now.
Nail it all with a splash of colour, choose a clean font, highlight your skills in just a few clicks. You’re the perfect candidate and we’ll prove it. Use the ResumeLab builder now.
4. Show Competence With Education
Most program managers need at least a bachelor’s degree.
But your education CV section can’t be a dummy activity.
Add details to get the right attention.
This technical program manager CV sample shows how:
Program Manager CV Example—Education
If the job ad wants skills in Agile, program scheduling, and IT, you’re in.
5. Add “Extra” Sections to Your Program Manager CV
Go the extra mile.
To get hired, show you’re different in a good way.
Add a couple of these “extra” sections:
- Associations (PMI, AMA)
- Conferences (especially if you volunteered or spoke)
- Publications or media appearances
- Certifications (PgMP, PfMP, etc.)
- Volunteering work
- Freelancing work
- Foreign languages
- Additional activities
This sample CV for a non profit program manager earns the value:
Program Manager CV—Extra Sections
One more thing—
Put key certifications like PgMP up top.
Expert Hint: Write a cover letter. Your CV for program manager jobs will get more TLC. Why? Most hiring executives do read those letters. Almost half require them.
Double your impact with a matching CV and cover letter combo. Use our cover letter builder and make your application documents pop out.
Want to try a different look? There’s 18 more. A single click will give your document a total makeover. Pick a cover letter template here.
Here’s how to write a program manager CV:
- Use the program manager CV template up top. It stands out by showing your past fits into the job.
- Search for CV keywords and skills in the program manager job description.
- Put the skills they ask for in your bullet points. Add numbers to hold up a yardstick to your talents.
- Add “extra” CV sections that show passion for program management outside working hours.
Got questions on how to write great CVs for program manager jobs? Not sure how to put program manager on a CV? Leave a comment. We’ll be happy to reply!