Cover letter templates for Google Docs are notoriously hard to find. That’s why we combed the Internet and cherry-picked the best Google Docs cover letter templates just for you.
You became obsessed with skincare and makeup since you were 13, when you got your first Va Va Vanilla Lip Smacker Roll-On Shiner.
Since then, you’ve dreamed of making a living by helping others make change not only with their appearance, but confidence and well-being too.
And let’s be honest—
You’ve worked your fingers to the bone to get where you are today.
So show that on your esthetician resume and go get that job!
In this guide:
- An esthetician cover letter template that you can use.
- A step-by-step guide on how to write a cover letter for esthetician jobs that will land you more interviews.
- Expert tips on writing an esthetician cover letter that will get you more interviews.
Save hours of work and get a cover letter like this. Pick a template, fill it in. Quick and easy. Choose from 18+ cover letter templates and download your cover letter now.
What users say about ResumeLab:
I had an interview yesterday and the first thing they said on the phone was: “Wow! I love your cover letter.”
I love the variety of templates. Good job guys, keep up the good work!
My previous cover letter was really weak and I used to spend hours adjusting it in Word. Now, I can introduce any changes within minutes. Absolutely wonderful!
Don’t have a resume yet? Check out these articles:
- Esthetician Resume Example & Guide
- Makeup Artist Resume Example & Guide
- Hair Stylist Resume Example & Guide
- Best Resume Examples for All Jobs
Applying for other positions? See our other cover letter guides:
- Nursing Cover Letter
- Sales Cover Letter
- Sales Associate Cover Letter
- Customer Service Representative Cover Letter
- Customer Service Cover Letter
- Retail Cover Letter
- Receptionist Cover Letter
- Medical Assistant Cover Letter
- Business Cover Letter
- Graphic Design Cover Letter
- Legal Cover Letter
- Marketing Cover Letter
- Good Cover Letter Examples for All Jobs
First, let’s take a look at a professional cover letter sample:
Esthetician Cover Letter Example
License # 668390
Orlando, September 30, 2021
273 Ocala Street
Orlando, FL 32805
Dear Ms. Marsh,
I would like to express my strong interest in your esthetician position at Beauticque. With 5+ years of experience as a licensed esthetician for a wide client base, I am confident that I have the necessary skills and qualifications to successfully fulfill the open position at your salon.
Your job posting mentions that you are looking for someone with experience and a focus on customer service. In my current position I maintain a heavy appointment schedule full of regular clients for facials, waxing, tinting, microdermabrasion, chemical Peels, spray Tans, make-up applications, and other services. Highlights of my experience include the following:
- My monthly retail sales averaged between $2500-$4000.
- Developed fall/winter treatment packages that boosted profits by 40% between September 2017 and March 2018.
- Knowledgeable in over 15 product lines such as Skin Medica, Dermalogica, Bio Elements, Image Skin Care, Obagi, and Renee Rouleau just to name a few.
- At Glora, I proved to be a sales specialist by increasing their product line revenue by 12%.
Beauticque is highly respected within the local beauty industry, so I am prepared to put my knowledge and experience to work for you, and I believe that with my strong communication and customer service skills I will be a great addition to your team.
I have attached my resume and two recommendation letters for your review. Could we schedule a meeting to discuss the opportunity further?
This one really does make an impression, doesn’t it?
If you want your cover letter to look like this, follow these cover letter writing tips below.
How to Write a Cover Letter for Esthetician Jobs (No Experience Candidates and Professionals)
1. Follow the Esthetician Cover Letter Formatting Rules
Your cover letter has to be beautiful… simple as that.
And when it comes to beauty, you’re the expert here.
So, before you start doing anything, you have to remember about priming…
- Pick a font that’s consistent with the font on your resume.
- Left-align all the parts of your cover letter.
- Set 1” margins on all sides, and use 1.15 spacing.
- Leave an empty line between each paragraph for readability.
- The length of your cover letter shouldn’t exceed 1 page.
Now that you’ve set up your document, you’re ready to start working on the contents of your cover letter.
Expert Hint: Before you start writing, remember to add a professional cover letter header in the top-left corner that includes your personal details and contact information.
Double your impact with a matching resume and cover letter combo. Use our cover letter maker and make your application documents pop out.
Want to try a different look? There’s 18 more. A single click will give your document a total makeover. Pick a cover letter template here.
2. Begin With a Polite Greeting and Introduction
First things first.
The best way to open a cover letter is by addressing the hiring manager by name, as it’s more personal and shows your dedication.
Here are some examples that you can use for your greeting:
- Dear Angelica,
- Dear Mr. Sprouse,
- Dear Paul,
- Dear Ms. Jackson,
Your next challenge is to quickly and efficiently grab their attention.
So, briefly introduce yourself by stating who you are and what position you’re interested in. Make sure to mention one of your most important career achievements to blow them away.
3. Show Off Your Most Prominent Qualifications
It’s time to doll your letter up.
Use your skills and experience as your little helpers.
Make the best out of them, and instead of giving examples of your past duties, really highlight them to show that you’re the one that they’re looking for.
Use numbers and metrics to support your success and really make an impact.
Expert Hint: If you’re writing an esthetician cover letter with no experience, talk about your academic experience or your non-industry-related professional experience instead. Maybe you’ve worked in retail or food service? You can always use the skills you’ve acquired at your previous job and explain how they will benefit your potential employer.
4. Tell Them Why You Want to Work For Them
A cover letter is not just about the candidate.
It’s also about the employer.
So put a smile on the recruiter’s face and tell them why working for them is so important to you.
Make them feel special and do a little research to find out what their mission and values are and refer to them. This will show that you’re in for the long haul.
Expert Hint: According to the BLS, employment of skincare specialists is projected to increase by 29% in the next decade. Make sure your cover letter and resume are targeted to stand a chance at the top jobs.
5. Request an Interview and Sign-Off
When ending your cover letter, don’t be passive.
After you have proven that you’re the perfect candidate, now it’s time to show that you know your worth and politely ask for a meeting.
Be bold and confident.
Recruiters love when they realize a candidate is a strong match skills-wise and have a strong personality.
With ResumeLab’s resume builder you’ll write your resume in a flash. Get specific content to boost your chances of getting the job. Add job descriptions, bullet points, and skills. Improve your resume in our resume builder now.
Nail it all with a splash of color, choose a clean font, highlight your skills in just a few clicks. You’re the perfect candidate and we’ll prove it. Just pick one of 21 resume templates and get started now.
When writing a cover letter for esthetician positions, you should:
- Properly format your cover letter and make it look professionally.
- Address the letter to a specific person.
- Introduce yourself and state the position you are applying for.
- List your skills and achievements that make you a qualified candidate for the job.
- Explain why you want to join this specific company.
- End with a call to action and a proper sign off.
Got any questions on esthetician cover letter format? Need more cover letter samples for esthetician jobs? Let us know in the comments, we’ll be more than happy to help!