A CV job description is a CV section where you list your professional experience, usually in reverse-chronological order. It means you start with your most recent position and proceed backwards. Each entry should contain 3-6 bullet points. It is recommended to include 10-15 years of work history on your CV.
Submit a too-short CV, and they won’t think you’re worthy.
They won’t read a too-long CV.
But how do you know?
There’s a quick way to know how long to make your CV.
In this guide:
- When can a CV be two pages?
- A 2-page CV sample that fills your voicemail box.
- How to write a two-page CV they’ll notice.
- How to shorten your CV if it’s too long.
Save hours of work and get a CV like this. Pick a template, fill it in. Quick and easy. Choose from 21 CV templates and download your CV now.
What users say about ResumeLab:
I had an interview yesterday and the first thing they said on the phone was: “Wow! I love your CV.”
I love the variety of templates. Good job guys, keep up the good work!
My previous CV was really weak and I used to spend hours adjusting it in Word. Now, I can introduce any changes within minutes. Absolutely wonderful!
Two-Page CV Sample You Can Copy and Use
Engaging graphic designer with 8+ years of experience. Seeking to delight clients at Maximum Woolf. At Argy Bargy, led production in design firm with annual revenue of £2M per year. Slashed production costs 18% in 6 months with strong Agile and Scrum skills. Raised client transactions 20% and client satisfaction 25% through improved communication.
Senior Graphic Designer
Argy Bargy Inc., London
- Led daily production in design firm with £2M+ per year in revenue. In charge of team of 7 designers. Managed team goals and metrics.
- Used Scrum and Agile skills to cut production costs 18% in 6 months.
- Completed over 1,000 graphic design projects.
- Onboarded and trained 15 new hires, focusing on Photoshop, Illustrator, print, layout, typography, and logo design.
- Communicated with clients to gather requirements and make edits. Presided over 25% increase in client satisfaction.
- Raised client transactions by 20%.
- Instrumental in design of a site that won a 2015 Shopify Design Award.
Kibula Graphics, Manchester
- Handled design in small but busy design firm.
- Led team in project that increased client satisfaction by 17%.
- Created 10+ web page layouts per week.
- Called by CEO, "The most valuable employee we've ever had."
BA (Hons) Graphic Design, Leeds Arts University, Leeds
- Awarded Eustis Fellowship for graphic design study.
- 1st Prize — IIDA Student Design Competition.
- Rogue Ales
- Red Cross
- Ralph Lauren
Hard Skills: Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, print, web, mobile, layout, typography
Soft Skills: creativity, leadership, communication, interpersonal skills, problem solving
Page 2 [2-Page CV Sample]
- Created designs for 50+ mobile apps for iPhone and Android.
- Provided graphic design for KardioSpy wearable ECG app, including 25 different screens, logos, layout, flow, icons, and typography.
- Designed menu screen, images, and typography for Runmazing fitness app. App received 50K+ downloads and 4.5 star AppStore review.
- Created website design for new Nike product launch with 200K monthly visits.
- Developed layout and graphic design for Underground promotional site that received high praise from the client and won the recompete for future contracts.
- Redesigned website for BikeBikeTrip.com. Result: 20% rise in UX scores.
Coffee Table Book Design
- Created design layout for “Doors of Prague” coffee table book that received the Independent Press Award.
- Developed layout for West Virginia Churches photo book. Sold 80,000 copies.
- Designed graphical layout for Barns in Maine book. Rated in the top 100 by New York Magazine.
Awards and Honours
- 2019 — 2nd Place, 50 Books / 50 Covers competition, AIGA
- 2018 — 99 Designs Award for best logo
- 2018 — AB Apex Award — highly competitive company award for standout employee. Based on effectiveness, interpersonal skills, and efficiency.
- 2017 — Oklahoma Star — nominated by OK Commerce Group as one of Oklahoma's outstanding business leaders.
Volunteering and Freelancing
- Active member, AIGA.
- Volunteer mentor to new members, AIGA
- Teach Skillshare graphic design class for past 5 years to classes of 15+ students. Maintain 95% positive exit survey scores.
- Volunteer client interaction liaison. Lead phone meetups of 20+ AIGA graphic designers with corporate clients like Nike and Coke.
- Teach annual course in corporate graphic design to AIGA members.
- Adobe Certified Instructor - InDesign, Photoshop
- Adobe CS5 Certification
- Autodesk Certification
- 2019 SXSW — Spoke on panel about mobile design.
- 2018 AIGA Design Conference — Led session about typography.
- 2017 Offset — Led session on portfolio design.
- 2015 SXSW — Spoke on panel about hotel website design.
Should you write a two-page CV? See our guide: How Long Should a CV Be? One-Page CV vs Two Page
Looking for CV samples for your career? See our CV examples for every profession.
Can a CV Be 2 Pages?
Yes, a two page CV is OK if you can't cut it shorter without hurting the message. Professionals with lots of experience in technical professions often need a two page CV.
So, yes it can.
Write a 2-page CV if:
- You’ve had the same job title for 7+ years or
- You’ve got so many blistering achievements they won’t fit one page and
- All your great achievements match the job you want.
- You are going to use it to apply for grad school, scholarships, or positions in acadamia (although technically you'd use a CV not a CV).
Expert Hint: Can you guarantee that anywhere they look, you’ll blow their minds? Then write a two-page CV.
Here’s how to write a 2-page CV that works:
1. Choose Your Two-Page CV Format
A 2-page CV is different from a 1-page CV.
Use these tips for the right CV format:
2-Page CV Format
- Start with reverse-chronological CV formatting.
- Put your contact info on both pages.
- Pick one of the best CV fonts like Georgia or Cambria.
- Add 1-inch margins and white space. Nobody wants two pages of fine-print.
- Use these core CV sections: Heading, Objective, Experience, Education, and Skills.
Expert Hint: Save your CV in the PDF format. PDFs stay legible no matter what device they’re viewed on. Bonus: ATS hiring software can parse them. But not all CVs are ats friendly: check out our list of ATS-friendly CV templates that are guaranteed to make it past the bots.
2. Write a CV Summary
Will the hiring team read your two-page CV?
Give them a reason, with an attention-grabbing career summary.
- An adjective (engaging, talented)
- Your job title (graphic designer, engineer)
- Years of experience (8+, 10+)
- Who & how you’ll help (delight clients at Maximum Woolf)
- Best 1–2 achievements (slashed production costs 18%...)
These 2-page CV examples show how:
Two-Page CV Examples—Summary
The first of those two-page CV examples says who you are and how you’ll help.
The second is hot air.
Expert Hint: Write your 2-page CV summary after you’ve written the rest. It’s easier to write a summary when the rest is finished.
3. Tailor Your Two Page CV Job Description and Skills Section
This is so important.
Anyone can write a 2-page CV.
But why should employers read it?
Because everything in it matters to them.
Tailor your CV to their needs.
Look how these two-page CV examples do it:
The job ad wants these skills: (1) leadership (2) Agile (3) training (4) communication.
2-Page CV Examples—Experience
The second of those 2-page CV examples lists the “training” keyword.
It lacks details. The first says “15 new hires” and shows specific subjects.
Here are the most wanted CV skills to start:
Key CV Skills
Expert Hint: A 2-page CV needs hard skills and soft skills. Soft skills work for any job. The right technical skills are different for each job opening.
4. Turn Boring Education to a Reason to Hire You
Where does the education section go in a 2-page CV?
After work experience.
But if you want them to remember you—
Add additional achievements.
These 2-page CV examples show how:
Two-Page CV Example—Education
Achievements make that 2-page CV sample stand out.
Expert Hint: Are you writing an academic CV? You can write a two-page CV for academic purposes if you’ve got two pages of relevant projects.
The ResumeLab builder is more than looks. Get specific content to boost your chances of getting the job. Add job descriptions, bullet points, and skills. Easy. Improve your CV in our CV builder now.
Nail it all with a splash of colour, choose a clean font, highlight your skills in just a few clicks. You’re the perfect candidate and we’ll prove it. Use the ResumeLab builder now.
5. Add “Other” Sections to Your Two-Page CV
Your CV is 1.4 pages.
That’s not good.
A 2-page CV should be more than 1.5 pages. If not, add more text or cut it to one page.
But consider this:
Adding “other” sections to a two-page CV can get you interviewed.
You can add sections for:
- Volunteer work
- Professional associations
- Licences and certifications
- Awards & honours
- Groups or clubs
- Additional activities
These two-page CV examples show how:
Two-Page CV Examples—Other Sections
The first of those 2-page CV examples drops jaws at every bullet.
Expert Hint: Enclose a cover letter with your two page CV. Use it to show your passion for the job. The hiring team will read your CV with extra interest.
Shorten Flabby Two-Page CVs
Always shorten an overstuffed 2-page CV.
- Repetitive accomplishments
- Items that don’t match the job
- Things this employer doesn’t care about
- Weak achievements that just take up space
Here’s how to cut a two-page CV to make it stronger:
Let’s say the job ad wants leadership, training, and communication.
2-Page CV Examples—Cutting
Senior Graphic Designer
Argy Bargy Inc.
- Led team of 7 designers in design firm with £2M+ per year in revenue.
Managed team goals and metrics. Used Scrum and Agile skills to cut production costs 18% in 6 months. Completed over 1,000 graphic design projects for clients. Onboarded andtrained 15 new hires, focusing on Photoshop and Illustrator, print, layout, typography, and logo design.
- Communicated with clients to gather requirements and make edits. Presided over a period of 25% increase in client satisfaction.
Raised client transactions by 20%.
- Instrumental in design of site that won a 2015 Shopify Design Award.
Cutting “extras” makes the important parts of your CV stand out.
Expert Hint: Not sure whether to cut your two page CV down to size? Look at each bullet as if it’s the only one. Will it wow this employer? If not, lose it.
Double your impact with a matching CV and cover letter combo. Use our cover letter builder and make your application documents pop out.
Want to try a different look? There’s 18 more. A single click will give your document a total makeover. Pick a cover letter template here.
For a 2-page CV worth reading:
- Use the 2-page CV template up top. It wastes no space on filler.
- Write a two-page CVif you’ve got too many mind-blowing achievements to fit a single page.
- Put your contact info on both pages. That way they’ll know it’s you, even if the staple fails.
- Include a cover letter with your two-page CV. Nearly half of all employers insist on them.
Got questions on how to write a great 2-page CV? Only worked for three years, but still think you need a two-page CV? Leave a comment. We’ll be happy to reply!