A CV for internships that’ll get you into the interview. Write your internship CV fast, with expert hints, 25+ writing tips & good and bad examples.
You’ve stumbled on the perfect legal assistant CV sample.
They won’t hire the best legal assistant for the job.
They’ll hire whoever has the best CV.
Not a CV writing expert? Don’t worry. We are. And we’ll guide you through the steps to knock those partners on their Gucci mohair trousers.
In this guide:
- A legal assistant CV sample better than most.
- How to write a legal assistant CV that proves your case.
- How to fine-tune your legal assistant job description to the opening.
- Why you can’t just list legal assistant skills (and what to do instead).
Save hours of work and get a CV like this. Pick a template, fill it in. Quick and easy. Choose from 18+ CV templates and download your CV now.
What users say about ResumeLab:
I had an interview yesterday and the first thing they said on the phone was: “Wow! I love your CV.”
I love the variety of templates. Good job guys, keep up the good work!
My previous CV was really weak and I used to spend hours adjusting it in Word. Now, I can introduce any changes within minutes. Absolutely wonderful!
Do you really need a legal assistant CV or something else? See our guides:
- Administrative Assistant CV
- Executive Assistant CV
- Medical Assistant CV
- Paralegal CV
- Law School CV
- Legal CV
- Attorney CV
- Office Clerk CV
- Office Assistant CV
- Office Manager CV
- Personal Assistant CV
Haven't found what you're looking for? Check all our CV Examples for Over 200 Jobs.
Legal Assistant CV Sample You Can Copy and Use
Phone: 07962 922 869
Efficient legal assistant with 3+ years of experience saving time for partners. Seeking to provide fast, excellent support at Dobbins & Eisengart. Wrote 150+ legal documents at Walsh, Harrison & Montana with no errors. Saved 5+ hours a week with new file system.
2019 — Certified Paralegal, NALP
2018 — Certified Notary
Walsh, Harrison & Montana, London
- Answered 50+ calls per week on attorney direct lines. Answered customer inquiries and solved minor problems, saving attorney time.
- Maintained office records. Implemented new storage system that saved 5+ clerical hours per week for the firm.
- Prepared billing statements for attorneys, ensuring 7% more billable hours than predecessor. Facilitated a 10% revenue increase.
- Managed documents for 500+ clients with Clio and MS Excel.
- Wrote and proofread 150+ legal documents with zero errors.
Front Desk Clerk
Walsh, Harrison & Montana, London
- Answered 20+ partner phone calls per day.
- Proofread 30+ legal documents per week with 99% accuracy.
- Performed 20 trademark searches.
- Scheduled 1,500+ client meetings and appointments.
Bachelor of Laws
The University of Law, London
- Pursued a passion for legal document writing.
- Commended by professor for legal research skills.
BA in Liberal Arts
King's College London
- Excelled in writing and research.
- Conducted senior project in legal research.
- Active member, NALP.
- Walk shelter dogs 2x per month at Hubbard County Animal Shelter.
Hard Skills: billing, legal research, legal document writing, scheduling, docketing
Soft Skills: interpersonal skills, detail oriented, time management, communication
Here’s how to write a legal assistant CV that works:
1. Start With the Best Legal Assistant CV Format
The format of your CV is sloppy. Now the partners think you’re lazy. At this moment, they’re picturing you dropping horseradish on a case file.
Let’s file an injunction against that.
To write a professional legal assistant CV—
Use these tips:
Legal Assistant CV Format
- Create a 1-page CV.
- Choose a CV font like 11–14pt Arial or Tahoma.
- Leave white space in between so they don’t give up reading.
- Set 1-inch margins.
- Write CV sections for Heading, Summary, Experience, Education, and Skills.
- Add jobs in reverse-chronological CV layout.
- For easy reading on all platforms, send a PDF CV.
Expert Hint: Glassdoor data shows legal assistants make from £42,000 to £79,000 per year. That’s a massive spread. To find your way to the upper end of the range, target your CV for legal assistant jobs like Jack McCoy. I’ll show how next.
2. Make a Legal Assistant CV Objective or Summary
Most hiring managers and partners spend 6 seconds reading each CV.
But what if you could make them spend ten times that on yours?
- An adjective (efficient, enthusiastic)
- “Legal assistant ” (or title from the job ad)
- Years of experience (1+, 8+)
- How & who you’ll help (provide fast, excellent support at Dobbins & Eisengart)
- Best CV accomplishments(Wrote 150+ legal documents...)
See these legal assistant CV examples:
Legal Assistant CV Summary—Example
The second of those legal assistant CV samples promises writing and filing. But—
The first adds 150+ documents and 5+ hours saved per week.
Saying you’re skilled is nice. Giving proof is hirable.
“But I’m just getting started in the legal assistant field!”
You can still have a great CV. See these entry-level CV samples for legal assistant jobs:
Entry-Level Legal Assistant CV Objective
The second of those entry-level legal assistant CV examples with no experience makes empty promises.
Wouldn’t you rather hire the first? You can believe she’ll do the job.
But here’s the kicker—
It’s the same applicant. She just used more details in exhibit A.
3. Target Your Legal Assistant Job Description and Skills Section to the Job
What legal assistant skills do you need in a CV?
See this CV skills list:
Legal Assistant CV Skills
Attention to Detail
Don’t pin them all on a CV for legal assistant jobs. That’s shifty.
These legal assistant CV samples show how:
Say the job ad wants skills in answering calls, maintaining office records, billing, and proofreading.
Legal Assistant Job Description for a CV [Sample]
I rest my case.
The first of those legal assistant CV examples has evidence of billing, proofreading, and other desired skills. It’s also got 5+, 10%, and 150+ for scale.
What if your legal assistant experience is preliminary?
A CV with no experience can use law office achievements from other jobs.
See these junior legal assistant CV examples with no experience:
This job wants answering phones, scheduling, and research.
Entry-Level Legal Assistant CV Job Description [Sample]
Always add numbers when you can to measure your success.
The second of those entry-level legal assistant CV samples misses out on numbers and CV keywords.
Expert Hint: NALP research shows most legal assistants and paralegals work in litigation or family law practises. If you’ve got experience in those areas, show it on your CV for legal assistant jobs. That’s especially powerful if you’re applying to a litigation or family law firm!
The ResumeLab builder is more than looks. Get specific content to boost your chances of getting the job. Add job descriptions, bullet points, and skills. Easy. Improve your CV in our CV builder now.
Nail it all with a splash of colour, choose a clean font, highlight your skills in just a few clicks. You’re the perfect candidate and we’ll prove it. Use the ResumeLab builder now.
4. Write a Skills-Packed Education Section
Can your CV education section get you hired?
Yes! But not the way you think.
You don’t need a Harvard Law School degree to be a great legal assistant.
You just need to show you built law skills in school.
Follow this legal assistant CV sample:
Legal Assistant CV Example—Education
5. Add “Special” Sections to Your Legal Assistant CV
Who will the partners hire?
A legal assistant who punched a clock? Or someone passionate?
If you show legal achievements outside work, they’ll know you love your career.
You can add:
- Professional associations (NALP, NALS)
- Employee awards
- Foreign languages
- Additional activities
See these legal assistant CV examples:
Legal Assistant CV—Other Sections
Only the first of those legal assistant CV samples makes you more hirable.
Expert Hint: Craft a cover letter for your CV for legal assistant jobs. Focus on the firm’s needs so they know you understand them. Then show you’ve handled similar legal assistant duties before.
Double your impact with a matching CV and cover letter combo. Use our cover letter builder and make your application documents pop out.
Want to try a different look? There’s 18 more. A single click will give your document a total makeover. Pick a cover letter template here.
Here’s how to write a legal assistant CV:
- Start with a professional legal assistant CV template. Fill it with your best legal assistant high points.
- Include legal assistant skills like research and writing. Use numbers to show the impact of your skills.
- Write a legal assistant CV objective that gives your best attributes in brief.
- Add “special” CV sections like a NALS membership or CP certification as proof you live and breathe your legal work.
- Write a legal assistant cover letter.
Got questions on how to write good CVs for legal assistant jobs? Not sure how to put legal assistant on a CV? Leave a comment. We’ll be happy to reply!