You pick & pack and know your way around the racks. But the manager doesn’t know you from Adam. Use this warehouse operative CV template to show him you’re his hero in coveralls.
You’re about to see the perfect paralegal CV.
But think about this—
Being a paralegal is not like Law and Order.
The top paralegals make almost £80K a year. The job market will grow at 12% in the next 10 years.
In other words? You picked a great career.
The best paralegal jobs draw hundreds of applicants.
But don’t sweat it. We’ll show you how to make a CV for paralegals that gets a hired verdict.
In this guide:
- A paralegal CV sample better than most.
- How to write a CV for paralegal jobs that stands out.
- How to draught a paralegal job description for CVs.
- Why you can’t just list paralegal skills (and what to do instead).
Create a job-winning CV with little effort. Hack your way through ATS software with our 18 beautiful templates—give our builder a try!
Create my CV now
Looking for a paralegal internship? See our guide:. Trying to put paralegal on a CV? Coming into law from another job? Try this guide: CV for a Career Change
Need a different CV guide? Check these out:
Haven't found what you're looking for? Check all our Professional CV Examples.
Paralegal CV Sample You Can Copy and Use
Licenced paralegal with 5+ years of experience. Seeking to increase efficiency and accuracy at Litman & Takacz. At Hudson & Wolff, helped create new legal database that cut time to draught contracts by 35%. Wrote 7+ reports per month and trained 5 junior paralegals. Member of NALA. Skilled in scheduling, investigation, and ERP systems.
- Advanced Certified Paralegal (ACP)
- Certified Paralegal (CP)
Hudson & Wolff
- Conducted legal research, investigated case facts, wrote and proofread legal briefs and reports to prepare for trials.
- Assisted with implementation of new legal database that slashed contract drafting time by 35%.
- Wrote 7+ legal reports per month with 95% partner satisfaction.
- Mentored and trained 5 junior paralegals in research.
- Investigated facts for 40+ cases that went to trial.
Hudson & Wolff
- Prepared and proofread 20+ communications per week.
- Conducted 40+ trademark searches.
- Helped cut administrative costs 20% by sourcing better IT vendors.
- Scheduled 800+ appointments.
AA Paralegal Studies, Harrisburg Community University
- Excelled in legal research classes.
- Conducted 2-credit project in settlement techniques.
- Member, NALA.
- Mentor 20+ professional paralegals.
- Lead weekly spin classes with 15+ members.
- 2019 - NALA Conference - Spoke on panel about research.
- 2017 - NFPA Annual Conference
Hard Skills: Legal research, writing briefs, billing software, investigation, ERP systems
Soft Skills: Interpersonal skills, communication, efficiency
Here’s how to write a paralegal CV that convinces:
1. Choose a Professional Paralegal CV Format
Can you handle the truth?
They’ll judge you by your CV format.
Start with the reverse-chronological layout. It puts the right facts before their eyes.
Paralegal CV Format
- Draught a single-page CV with 1-inch margins.
- Use a CV font like 10–12pt Helvetica or Didot.
- Create CV sections like Heading, Summary, History, Education, and Skills.
- Put white space between sections for easy reading.
- Save your CV in PDF form. PDF CVs show up well on different screens.
2. Write a Paralegal CV Objective or Summary
You have little time before they file your CV.
- “Licenced paralegal”
- Years of experience (2+, 4+)
- How/who you will help (increase efficiency at Litman & Takacz)
- Best paralegal moments (cut time to draught contracts by 35%...)
- A couple job skills (investigation, scheduling...)
Save brain cells by writing it last.
These litigation paralegal CV examples give the brief:
Paralegal CV Summary—Example
I rest my case.
Both paralegal duties CV samples talk writing and training skills. But—
The first adds evidence like 35%, 7+, and 5.
Are you making an entry-level CV for paralegals?
See this entry-level paralegal CV sample:
Entry-Level Paralegal CV Objective
They won’t buy the second of those paralegal CV examples. What does “good communicator” mean without proof?
Expert Hint: There are plenty of law firm rankings, but you should learn how to assess each company by yourself.
3. Enhance Your Paralegal Job Description and Skills
What skills do you need in a paralegal CV?
Here’s a list:
Paralegal CV Skills
Attention to Detail
But there’s a rider.
Don’t list them all. You’ll look silly. Maybe even dishonest.
To write a paralegal job description for CVs:
- Pick the right CV skills in the job posting.
- Put them in your CV as keywords.
- Show the results you got from using them.
Copycat the first of these immigration paralegal CV samples:
Say the job ad wants these paralegal skills: IT, writing legal reports, training, investigation.
Paralegal Job Description for CV [Sample]
The second of those paralegal CV examples skips IT skills, writing reports, training, and investigation.
It also lacks numbers like 35% and 40+.
Does that work in an entry-level CV?
Say the job wants these paralegal skills: proofreading, trademark searches, sourcing vendors, scheduling, teamwork.
See this entry-level paralegal CV example with no experience:
Entry-Level Paralegal CV Job Description [Sample]
The first paralegal CV example shows proofreading, and scheduling.
Then it says how much you did of each.
It also cites teamwork from another job.
Expert Hint: Paralegal duties CVs need computer skills. Does the job ad want Excel, Clio, or LexisNexis? What about MyCase? Check the ad, then put proof in your CV.
4. Squeeze More Out of Your Education Section
They already know you have an education.
You can wow them with it.
Put a couple coveted skills in your education section.
This personal injury paralegal CV sample shows how:
Paralegal CV Example—Education
That paralegal education CV example proves research and settlement techniques.
5. Add More to Your Paralegal CV
“Wow, look at that.”
If they say that about your paralegal CV, they’ll call.
Put a couple “added” sections in your CV with key accomplishments.
Try a few of these:
- Associations (NALA, NFPA)
- Certifications (ACP, CP)
- Pro bono work
- Additional activities
This sample paralegal CV crushes it:
Paralegal CV—Extra Sections
The first of those paralegal CV examples shows you’re certified. Then it proves mentorship, leadership, and research skills.
Expert Hint: Write a cover letter. Your paralegal duties CV will sink without it. Yes, many hiring teams don’t care about them. But don’t insult the 45% that do. Check out this paralegal cover letter example for reference.
Here’s how to write a paralegal CV:
- Use the paralegal CV template up top. Build your case with skills mentioned in the online job ad.
- Don’t just list paralegal skills. Researching and investigation are great. But to get hired, show how they helped the partners.
- Your education section needs evidence. Salt in skills like training or computer use.
- Include CV sections that show NALA memberships, certifications, or athletic activities.
Got questions on how to write great CVs for paralegal jobs? Not sure how to put paralegal on a CV? Leave a comment. We’ll be happy to reply!