Your vocation is to diagnose and alleviate suffering. Let’s heal your doctor CV of any pathologies and give your career a prognosis of success.
Have I got your attention?
You know those Java developer jobs are out there.
You also know the “average” applicants don’t get them.
You’ve got what it takes. But how do you show that on a single sheet of paper?
In this guide:
- A Java developer CV sample better than most.
- How to make the right Java developer job description for CVs.
- How to write a CV for Java developer jobs that shines.
- Why you can’t just list Java developer skills (and what to do instead).
Save hours of work and get a CV like this. Pick a template, fill it in. Quick and easy. Choose from 18+ CV templates and download your CV now.
What users say about ResumeLab:
I had an interview yesterday and the first thing they said on the phone was: “Wow! I love your CV.”
I love the variety of templates. Good job guys, keep up the good work!
My previous CV was really weak and I used to spend hours adjusting it in Word. Now, I can introduce any changes within minutes. Absolutely wonderful!
Are you sure “Java developer” is your lane? See our guides:
- DevOps CV
- Computer Science CV
- Software Engineer CV
- Entry Level Software Engineer CV
- Web Developer CV
- .NET Developer CV
- UX Designer / UI Developer CV
- Full Stack Developer CV
- Web Designer CV
- Programmer CV
- Cyber Security CV
- Technical Support CV
- Technical Writer CV
- Sql Developer CV
- Front End Developer CV
- Entry-Level IT CV Sample
- IT CV Sample
Haven't found what you're looking for? Check all our CV Samples.
Java Developer CV Sample You Can Copy and Use
Passionate Java developer with 5+ years of experience and proven skills in JSP and leadership. Seeking to provide efficient Java coding for YouTube. At Bytecruncher, completed jobs 12% ahead of schedule, contributing materially to 2018 BOSSIE award win. My how-to video on serverless computing racked up 73,000 YouTube views.
- Used Java to design and build scalable technical products, integrating BI tools. Exceeded job-completion deadlines by 12% on average.
- Developed JSP web pages integrating HTML, Java, and XML elements. Analysed and adjusted for user habits to cut attrition 22%.
- Led teams of 2–3 Java developers in 2 projects to improve testing and troubleshooting. Resulted in 15% reduction in hours spent.
- Collaborated closely with team of 15 programmers and with one Java developer in pair programming arrangement, exceeding KPIs by 20%.
- Used critical thinking skills to constantly improve products and processes, contributing to 2018 BOSSIE award win for a client site.
Junior Java Developer
- Designed architecture for new software systems. Contributed to automation drive that slashed security risk by 55%.
- Collaborated with senior Java developers and graphic designers to develop web architecture, completing work 10% ahead of schedule.
- Worked on test-driven development program that slashed production bugs by 42%, raising code reliability by 25%.
Freelance Java Developer
- Built a working calorie-burn counter using Java, a Raspberry Pi, a strain gauge, and an IMU, with low-power bluetooth connectivity.
- Wrote a Hacker News reader for Android with Android Studio that got 2,200+ downloads and a 4.5 star rating in Google Play.
- Designed and built a working Android extensible media player.
- Wrote a billing management system for a local HVAC company that saved £5,000 a year in lost time and unpaid accounts.
BS Computer Science, Denison University
- Pursued a passion for Java programming.
- President, student Java development club.
- Made YouTube video on serverless computing with 73,000 views.
- My article, "How AI Will Fix Your Car" Was linked to by The Verge.
Hard Skills: Java, JSP, HTML5, CSS, XML, JSON, RESTful
Soft Skills: interpersonal skills, leadership, collaboration, critical thinking
Now here’s how to write a Java developer CV:
1. Use the Right Java Developer CV Format
Here’s the deal:
Poor CV format looks like sloppy code.
It may be technically correct, but it’s amateurish.
Use these formatting tips:
Java Developer CV Format
- Choose the reverse-chronological CV format.
- Use a trusted CV font like 10–12pt Didot or Arial.
- Don’t forget the white space, and add 1-inch margins.
- Use a 1-page CV length for Java developer jobs.
- Use these CV sections: Header, Objective, Work Experience, Education, Skills, and “other.
Expert Hint: Save junior and senior Java developer CVs as PDF files. PDF CVs don’t break no matter what device they’re viewed on.
2. Write a Java Developer CV Objective or Summary
Hiring teams slog through hundreds of Java developer CVs.
They won’t read yours.
- An adjective (efficient, passionate)
- The words “Java developer”
- Years of experience (2+, 5+)
- How & where you’ll help (provide efficient Java coding for YouTube)
- Your best Java developer achievement (contributed to 2018 BOSSIE award win)
These full stack Java developer CV examples crack the code:
Java Developer CV Summary—Example
Take another look.
The first of those CV samples removes the guesswork. Employers love that.
But what if your experience is too hello-world?
In a junior Java developer CV objective, use “wins” from your portfolio:
Java Developer CV Objective—Example
Expert Hint: Write your Java developer assistant CV summary or objective last. That’ll take the pressure off to find your top few achievements.
3. Perfect Your Java Developer Job Description and Skills Section
Benefits. Flex time.
The perfect CV for Java developers can get those goodies for you.
You need to match the job like an SSL handshake.
Start with a list of the Java developer roles and responsibilities from the job ad.
Then it’s head-scratching time. When have you done those things so well Nick Craver would be impressed?
Let’s say the job ad wants these Java developer skills: (1) JSP (2) leadership (3) collaboration (4) critical thinking.
These senior Java developer CV examples show the syntax:
Java Developer Job Description for CV [Sample]
The first of those Sr java developer CV examples wins with numbers and accomplishments.
But what about a job description for an entry-level CV?
Job ad wants these Java developer skills: (1) wearables programming (2) Android Studio (3) JSP.
Entry-Level Java Developer CV Job Description [Sample]
That first example lists skills from personal Java projects.
But be warned—
Show both hard and soft skills in your Java developer CV.
Start with the CV skills for Java developer jobs below.
Java Developer Skills for a CV
JSP, RESTful, HTML, CSS
JVM and Memory Management
Expert Tip: Build in plenty of CV keywords when you write a Java developer CV. The best ones come straight from the company’s job ad.
The ResumeLab builder is more than looks. Get specific content to boost your chances of getting the job. Add job descriptions, bullet points, and skills. Easy. Improve your CV in our CV builder now.
Nail it all with a splash of colour, choose a clean font, highlight your skills in just a few clicks. You’re the perfect candidate and we’ll prove it. Use the ResumeLab builder now.
4. Turn Basic Education to a Reason to Hire You
Most applicants waste the education section of their CVs.
In a Java developer CV, you need more than just a degree.
Look at this:
Java Developer Education—Example
That education section shows schooling. But it also proves key Java skills.
Expert Hint: The educational Java achievements in your CV should fit the job ad. If the ad says nothing about serverless computing, drop that bullet point.
5. Don’t Forget the Portfolio in Your Java Developer CV
Too many candidates don’t add a portfolio.
The good news?
That means you can beat them.
Add a portfolio link to your contact info.
But you can put it in its own section to get attention.
Here are some other “other” section ideas for Java developer CVs:
- Certifications (like Oracle’s Java SE 8)
- Memberships (like AJD or ASP)
- Conferences and hackathons
- Volunteering and freelancing
- Awards or honours
- Clubs, groups
- Foreign languages
- Publications and appearances
These Java developer CV examples show how:
Java Developer CV—Extra Sections
Which is better?
That first Java developer CV example could be John Resig.
Expert Hint: Write a cover letter for java developers. Your CV for Java developer jobs will get more attention. Show your understanding of the roles and responsibilities they need to fill.
Double your impact with a matching CV and cover letter combo. Use our cover letter builder and make your application documents pop out.
Want to try a different look? There’s 18 more. A single click will give your document a total makeover. Pick a cover letter template here.
For a Java developer CV that connects:
- Use the Java developer CV template up top. It CONCAT()s your most hirable moments in one place.
- List Java developer achievements in your CV objective, work experience, education, and “other” sections.
- Add Java developer skills and keywords taken from the company’s job ad.
- Include a Java developer cover letter. You can use our Software Engineer Cover Letter Sample as a good starting point. Use it to show you fit their needs.
Got questions on how to write great CVs for Java developer jobs? Not sure how to show Java developer on a CV? Leave a comment. We’ll be happy to reply!