Your vocation is to diagnose and alleviate suffering. Let’s heal your doctor CV of any pathologies and give your career a prognosis of success.
Most employers will trash your CV.
That’s because it won’t have the specific things they’re looking for.
The good news?
You’re about to see how to be that 1-in-300 they’re looking for.
In this guide:
- A front-end developer CV sample better than most.
- How to make a smart front-end developer job description for CVs.
- How to write a CV for front-end developer jobs with the right markup.
- Why you can’t just list front-end developer skills (and what to do instead).
Create a job-winning CV with little effort. Hack your way through ATS software with our 18 beautiful templates—give our builder a try!
Create my CV now
Want to check out other IT CVs? See our guides:
- Web Designer CV
- UX Designer and UI Developer CV
- Graphic Designer CV
- Cyber Security CV
- .NET Developer CV
- Technical Support CV
- Technical Writer CV
- Web Developer CV
- Full Stack Developer CV
- Programmer CV
- Software Engineer CV
- Entry Level Software Engineer CV
- Java Developer CV
- IT CV
- Entry-Level IT CV
Haven't found what you're looking for? Check all our CV Examples for Over 200 Jobs.
Front-End Developer CV Sample You Can Copy and Use
- Collaborated with back-end developers to identify and remove user impediments to purchase. Result: 20% rise in conversions.
- On-boarded and mentored 5 new front-end developers through regular coaching sessions and work reviews. Improved KPI attainment 22%.
- Used CSS3 and Photoshop to boost UX scores 28%.
- Developed front-end code for 25 product prototypes per year.
- Performed front-end development for all client projects.
- Used Photoshop and Illustrator to create artwork for 90+ client pages.
Freelance Front-End Developer
- Used Joomla to develop donations website for local animal shelter.
- Wireframed 3 small business websites with Axure, with 99% client satisfaction.
BS Computer Science, Baylor University
- Maintained 3.9 GPA in front-end design classes.
- Created a student jQuery project that was written up in Codrops.
- Contributed to 25 GitHub projects (see portfolio at owenlawlor.com).
Awarded CSS Design Award for client site, 2018
- Midwest PHP 2017
- Gave talk on XHTML at ByteHacks in NY, 2018. The YouTube video of the event now has over 50,000 views and 20,000 likes.
- Founded and run the Fort Worthiness WebDev club with 35 members.
- Organise monthly Fort Worth front-end developer meetups.
- My article on version control best practises was linked to by Sitepoint.
Soft Skills: interpersonal skills, collaboration, communication, problem solving
Here’s how to write a front-end developer CV that works:
1. Choose the Right Front-End Developer CV Format
It’s not fair.
Employers judge you by your looks. Your clothes.
They even judge your CV format.
But take heart.
You can use these tips to even up the odds:
Front-End Developer CV Format
- Start with the reverse-chronological CV format.
- Pick a professional CV font like 10–12pt Verdana or Cambria.
- Let it breathe with 1-inch margins and white space.
- Use a 1-page CV length for front-end developers.
- Include these CV sections: Heading, Objective, Experience, Education, and Skills.
Expert Hint:Save your CV as a PDF file. Why? ATS software can read PDF CVs, and PDFs deploy great on mobile, desktop, and tablet screens.
2. Write a Front-End Developer CV Objective or Summary
Here’s the good news:
Most front end developer CVs blow it in the first few seconds.
Do it right, and you’ll look like Mark Dalgleish designed your CV.
- An adjective (energetic, prolific)
- The words “front-end developer”
- Years of experience (3+, 8+)
- How you’ll help — and whom (exceed OKRs at YouTube)
- Your coolest front-end developer achievements (...raised dwell times 35%...)
These front-end developer CV examples write the code:
Front-End Developer CV Summary—Example
The choice is clear.
Stack your summary with details like years, company names, skills, and numbers.
What if your experience is still loading?
In a front-end developer CV with no experience, cite projects and freelance work.
Front-End Developer Objective—CV with No Experience
Expert Hint: Save your front end developer CV summary or objective for last. Otherwise you may not think of goodies like “22% boost in KPIs.”
3. Write an Irresistible Front-End Developer Job Description and Skills Section
Here’s the hard truth.
If you’re not getting hired, you’re probably not saying the right things.
How can you know what those are?
They’re in the online job posting.
Watch how these front-end developer CV examples do it:
Front-End Developer Job Description for CV [Sample]
Both of those front-end developer CV examples show skills.
The first one shows the right skills, with proof.
Now let’s try it with an entry-level CV job description:
Entry-Level Front-End Developer CV Job Description [Sample]
There you have it.
But those are the exact same applicant.
You can do it, too. Just:
- Find your front-end developer CV skills in the job posting.
- Prove those CV keywords in your bullet points.
- Share both hard and soft skills.
Here’s a list of skills for a front-end dev CV just for reference:
Front-End Developer CV Skills
Mobile First Design
Attention to Detail
Expert Tip: There are so many front-end developer skills that some applicants get nervous. You don’t have to list them all. Remember: the job ad is your source code.
4. Turn Boring Education to a Reason to Hire You
Will they judge you by your school or GPA?
But the education section of your CV is vital.
That’s especially true in a front-end developer CV with no experience.
Here’s the key:
Put developer achievements in it.
Front-End Developer Education—Example
Expert Hint: If you graduated a long time ago, you can drop the bullets from your front-end developer CV’s education section. Focus on work accomplishments.
5. Add a Portfolio to Your Front-End Developer CV
What’s the most important part of your front-end developer CV?
Don’t get me wrong. Employers care about experience and education.
But they really want to know what you’ve done.
Put your portfolio link in your contact info. But you can put it in a special section, too.
You can also add your StackOverflow and GitHub profiles.
Need to fill more space? Add one or two of “other” sections:
- Volunteer work
- Freelance work
- Awards or other honours
- Hackathons and meetups
- Additional activities
These front-end developer CV examples show how:
Front-End Web Developer CV—Extra Sections
That first front-end developer CV example could be Max Stoiber.
Expert Hint: Write a cover letter. You’ll create a better UX for your CV for front-end developer jobs. In it, give a little evidence you fit the job’s requirements.
For a front-end developer CV that parses well:
- Use the front-end developer CV template up top. It’ll help you plugin to the opening.
- List front-end web developer achievements in your objective, job description, education, and “other” sections.
- Don’t forget to add a portfolio link to all the great projects you’ve done. That matters almost as much as your CV.
- Include a web developer cover letter. In it, show you understand the job requirements.
Got questions on how to write great CVs for front-end developer jobs? Not sure how to show front-end developer on a CV? Leave a comment. We’ll be happy to reply!