A customer service CV example that lands interviews. Make your retail customer service CV quickly. Follow Expert Hints.Learn from good vs. bad examples.
You’ve found a Gucci-Westman-level makeup artist CV sample.
Do you wonder why it’s so hard to get hired?
It’s hard because there are only 3,000 makeup artist jobs in the US.
But lots of people want them.
So, every makeup job posting online gets a flood of applications.
How can you rise above it and give life to your job search?
With an HG CV for makeup artist jobs.
You’re about to see how.
In this guide:
- A makeup artist CV sample better than most.
- How to write a makeup artist CV with heart.
- How to sculpt your makeup artist job description.
- Why you can’t just list makeup artist skills (and what to do instead).
Save hours of work and get a CV like this. Pick a template, fill it in. Quick and easy. Choose from 18+ CV templates and download your CV now.
What users say about ResumeLab:
I had an interview yesterday and the first thing they said on the phone was: “Wow! I love your CV.”
I love the variety of templates. Good job guys, keep up the good work!
My previous CV was really weak and I used to spend hours adjusting it in Word. Now, I can introduce any changes within minutes. Absolutely wonderful!
Are you sure a CV for makeup artist jobs is right for you? See our guides:
- Hairdresser CV
- Videographer CV
- Production Assistant CV
- Artist CV Sample & Guide
- Film Industry CV
- Esthetician CV
- Brand Ambassador CV
- Retail CV
- Sales Representative CV
Haven't found what you're looking for? Check all our CV Examples For Over 200 Jobs.
Makeup Artist CV Template You Can Copy and Use
Phone: 07768 163 449
Caring makeup artist with 6+ years of experience in application and sales. Seeking to delight beauty clients at Ariadne Elevated. Increased bookings by 33% in 3 months at Elektra Rising, thanks to excellent word of mouth. Sold £20K/mo of salon products.
Makeup Artist & Cosmetologist
Elektra Rising Salon & Spa
- Worked as makeup artist in an upscale salon with 500+ regular clients.
- Maintained list of 50+ regular clients.
- Sold £20,000+ per month of proprietary makeup products.
- Grew upselling revenue by 20% to £2,000 per month.
- Performed foundations, contouring, highlighting, shadowing, and bronzing on 15+ clients per day with 95% positive feedback.
- Implemented automatic notifications system that raised sales 10%.
- Increased bookings 33% in 3 months through word of mouth.
Hairstylist & Makeup Artist
Paul Dangleur Salon
Hairstylist with makeup clients in busy salon.
- Provided makeup and hair services to 20+ regular clients.
- Sold £1,000+ per week of proprietary salon products.
Freelance Makeup Artist
- Regular makeup artist for 15+ clients.
- Built Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter following of over 10,000 total based on posting before/after images of clients.
London School of Beauty & Makeup
- Concentration in sales and business.
- Completed Level 4 VTCT Advanced Aesthetics course.
- Excelled in makeup application and assessment.
Kingsbury High School
- Performed makeup application for dances for 200+ students.
- Pursued a passion for art classes.
- Professional Beauty Association member.
- 6,335 Instagram followers based on photos of my work.
- 4,897 Twitter followers in praise of my makeup applications.
- Mentor 8 professional makeup artists in application and sales.
- Lead weekly CrossFit sessions as self-care.
Hard Skills: beauty assessment, makeup application, permanent makeup, sales, facials
Soft Skills: interpersonal skills, detail oriented, customer service, communication
Here’s how to write an on fleek makeup artist CV:
1. Start with a Clean Makeup Artist CV Format
Let’s lay the foundation.
You’d never send a client out with too much concealer.
So don’t turn in a dragged-out makeup artist CV.
Your CV formatting should shout your winning features from the rooftops.
Use these tips:
Makeup Artist CV Format
- Create a 1–page CV for makeup artist jobs.
- Set 1-inch margins.
- Select a striking CV font like 11–14pt Helvetica or Didot.
- Add white space to set off your text.
- Make CV sections for Heading, Summary, History, Education, and Skills.
- Put your work history in reverse-chronological CV order.
- Look winsome on all devices with a PDF CV.
2. Write a Makeup Artist CV Objective or Summary
The hard truth:
Salon and film production managers don’t read most CVs. They glance.
Then they read more if they like what they see.
- An adjective (talented, caring)
- “Makeup artist”
- Years of experience (1+, 6+)
- What you’ll do & for whom (delight beauty clients at Ariadne Elevated...)
- Best makeup CV accomplishments(Sold £20K/mo of salon products...)
See these makeup artist CV examples:
Makeup Artist CV Summary—Example
Those are both lit!
But the second of our makeup artist CV samples just promises skills.
The first de-pots your career with 33% and £20K per month.
Details like that will make production managers notice you.
But hold on!
What if your makeup artist experience isn’t ready for prime time?
You can still boost your bottom line. See these beginner CV samples for makeup artist jobs:
CV for Makeup Artist (Objective)
Neither of those is gag-inducing.
But the first of those self-taught makeup artist CV examples with no experience has proof.
The numbers and freelance experience make the difference.
3. Customise Your Makeup Artist Job Description and Skills
What skills can’t a CV for makeup artist jobs live without?
Here’s a CV skills list:
Makeup Artist CV Skills
Salon Product Knowledge
But stop a sec—
Don’t layer all those into a CV for makeup artist jobs. You’ll look overdone.
These makeup artist CV samples show how:
For a job that wants skills in sales, upselling, customer satisfaction, and word of mouth.
Makeup Artist Job Description for a CV Example
Both of those makeup artist CV examples are Mario Dedivanovic-level. But—
The second doesn’t have the numbers, and it doesn’t fit the job ad.
What if you’re an entry-level makeup artist?
A CV for a job with no experience can still have game.
See these freelance makeup artist CV examples with no experience. They’re for a position that needs expert makeup application and teamwork skills.
Beginner Makeup Artist CV Job Description Example
The second of those freelance makeup artist CV samples is great—for a job waiting tables!
The first shows the correct skills with numbers to add oomph.
And look what it did with teamwork in the restaurant role!
Expert Hint: Research by Statista shows 85% of makeup artist jobs are in the motion picture industry. But broadening your search to “beauty advisor” or “beauty consultant” can turn up an army of local jobs. Just be sure to tweak your CV for makeup artist jobs with the right job title.
The ResumeLab builder is more than looks. Get specific content to boost your chances of getting the job. Add job descriptions, bullet points, and skills. Easy. Improve your CV in our CV builder now.
Nail it all with a splash of colour, choose a clean font, highlight your skills in just a few clicks. You’re the perfect candidate and we’ll prove it. Use the ResumeLab builder now.
4. Sculpt a Flawless Education Section
The education section in a CV for makeup artist positions is extra. Right?
Not if you want the job.
Put makeup artist skills in your CV education section.
Watch what this freelance makeup artist CV sample does:
Makeup Artist CV Template—Education
It packs in sales, assessment, makeup application, and creativity.
Do that with your makeup artist CV and you’ll get tonnes of callbacks.
Expert Hint: Are you making a makeup artist CV for MAC? Sift through the MAC job offer. It’ll have all the skills you need to show your talents.
5. Add Highlights to Your Makeup Artist CV
Who does the production or salon manager want to hire?
Someone she wants to work with.
Prove that’s you by adding extras to your CV for makeup artist jobs.
- Certifications (Cosmetology, nail technician, etc.)
- Instagram account and other social media
- Awards or honours
- Professional associations (PBA, etc.)
- Media mentions
- Foreign languages
- Additional activities (a catchall for a little of each)
See these makeup artist CV examples:
Makeup Artist CV Example—Other Sections
That’s before & after.
The first of those makeup artist CV samples has allure.
What about example #2?
Well—dancing isn’t bad, if you can use it to show leadership, teamwork, or other transferable skills. But you need to add details to do it right.
For instance? Maybe you taught dancing lessons. Or started up a dog walking group.
Expert Hint: Create a cover letter for your CV for makeup artist jobs. Use it to show you care about the things the hiring manager cares about—and you excel at them.
Double your impact with a matching CV and cover letter combo. Use our cover letter builder and make your application documents pop out.
Want to try a different look? There’s 18 more. A single click will give your document a total makeover. Pick a cover letter template here.
Here’s how to write a makeup artist CV:
- Start with a makeup artist CV template. Beautify it with your top makeup artist achievements.
- Add makeup artist skills like makeup application and product sales. Include numbers to prove those skills have legs.
- Write a makeup artist CV objective to highlight your most attractive features.
- Add extras like a PBA membership, certifications, or your Instagram account.
Got questions on how to write good CVs for makeup artist jobs? Not sure how to put makeup artist on a CV? Leave a comment. We’ll be happy to reply!