With the CV power words from our list, you’ll turn your CV into a captivating narrative of success. Find the words you need, see examples, and adapt them for your purposes.
You just found an Roger-Deakins-level videographer CV sample.
Why is it so good?
I ran a highly successful video production business for 8 years. We worked for dozens of clients like Raytheon and Callaway Golf.
We also covered high-end weddings on the coast of Maine.
The one key thing that makes a videography CV tick?
Knowing the exact videographer skills the job wants.
It’s easy. I’ll walk you through the steps.
In this guide:
- A videographer CV sample better than most.
- How to write a videographer CV that drops jaws.
- How to target your videographer job description.
- Why you can’t just list videographer skills (and what to do instead).
Save hours of work and get a CV like this. Pick a template, fill it in. Quick and easy. Choose from 18+ CV templates and download your CV now.
What users say about ResumeLab:
I had an interview yesterday and the first thing they said on the phone was: “Wow! I love your CV.”
I love the variety of templates. Good job guys, keep up the good work!
My previous CV was really weak and I used to spend hours adjusting it in Word. Now, I can introduce any changes within minutes. Absolutely wonderful!
Do you need a CV for videographer jobs or something else? See our guides:
- Video Editor CV Example
- Photographer CV Example
- Production Assistant CV Example
- Film CV Example
- Artist CV Example
- Theatre CV Example
- Journalist CV Example
Haven't found what you're looking for? Check all our CV examples for any job.
Videographer CV Example You Can Copy and Use
079 4116 5307
Professional videographer with 5+ years of experience in studio and location work. Seeking to capture arresting shots for Massive Picture Inc. At IRP, worked with 500+ clients in multiple shoot types. Saved 10 hours per week with new logging system.
Icy River Productions
May 2015–July 2020
- Shot video for corporate, wedding, and broadcast clients as key videographer in production team of 7.
- Interacted with 500+ clients from corporate and wedding projects. Received 50+ favourable comments to manager and zero unfavourable.
- Shot over 2,500 hours of video using Canon C100 Mark II and RED Epic Dragon cameras.
- Used softbox lighting with 3-light setup to capture studio interviews and scenes for 300+ shoots with top ratings from producer.
- Shot 100+ green screen shoots.
- Operated teleprompter for 50+ corporate client shoots.
- Hiked and travelled to locations for 100+ sporting and outdoor shoots.
- Created new simplified clip logging system that saved 10 hours per week and was adopted by entire team.
September 2014–May 2015
- Shot video for clients like Nike, Lithia Motors, and Raytheon.
- Collected 30+ interviews for case studies.
- Shot 5+ training videos.
- Collaborated with 2 videographers to place in Bend Film Festival.
Southern New Hampshire University
- Awarded Senior Scholar project to create 20-episode radio play.
- Member, Insitute of Videography.
- Helped raise £6,500 in donations for local animal shelter by creating social media videos that got 300,000+ views, shares, and likes.
- 2019 NAB
- 2018 SXSW
Hard Skills: studio & location shooting, green screen, teleprompter, studio lighting
Soft Skills: interpersonal skills, attention to detail, organisation, communication
Here’s how to write a stunning videographer CV:
1. Use the Right Videographer CV Format
The producer glances at your videographer CV.
She deletes it and moves on.
It’s your CV formatting. She could tell right away you weren’t a pro.
Use these tips:
Videographer CV Format
- Put job experience in reverse-chronological CV order.
- Make a one–page CV for videographer jobs.
- Fix your margins at one inch.
- Pick a CV font like 11–14pt Times New Roman or Helvetica.
- Leave a little white space for reading comfort.
- Write CV sections for Heading, Summary, Experience, Education, and Skills.
- Use a PDF CV so you look great on any screen.
2. Write a Videographer CV Objective or Summary
Producers are always one shot away from a heart attack.
They don’t have time to read every videographer CV on their desks.
- An adjective (professional, hard-working)
- Years of experience (2+, 8+)
- What you’ll do & for whom (capture arresting shots for Massive Picture Inc...)
- Best CV accomplishments(Saved 10 hours per week...)
See these videographer CV examples:
Videographer CV Summary—Example
Both videographer CV samples are great. They promise the right things.
But the first has 5+ years, 500+ clients, and 10 hours per week. That’s proof positive for the producer.
But time out!
What if your videographer experience isn’t rolling yet?
See these entry-level CV samples for videographer jobs:
Entry-Level Videographer CV Objective
Both entry-level videographer CV examples with no experience are the same person.
But the second only says you can interview, shoot training videos, and work with top clients.
The first shows you’ve already achieved it.
3. Capture the Right Videographer Job Description and Skills
What skills does your CV for videographer jobs need?
Use this CV skills list:
Videographer CV Skills
Writing Shot Lists
Writing Video Scripts
Camera Operation & Care
Video Client Interaction
But wait a frame—
Don’t lay all those on a CV for videographer jobs. You’ll look photoshopped.
These videographer CV samples show how:
For a job that wants skills in client interaction, Canon C100 operation, softbox lighting, and clip logging:
Videographer Job Description for a CV [Sample]
You didn’t just interact with clients, work the Canon C100, and use softbox lighting and clip logging skills.
You interacted with 500 clients and used the C100 for 2,500 hours.
Can you see how the first of those videographer CV examples puts you in the shot?
Are you an entry-level videographer?
A CV with no experience can still have depth.
See these entry-level videographer CV examples. The job they’re after needs skills with high-end clients, interviewing, training videos and collaboration.
Beginner Videographer CV Job Description [Sample]
The first of those freelance videographer CV samples plugs you into the job.
But even the second isn’t fatal. It proves work ethic and stamina—both videography CV skills!
Expert Hint: According to research by HubSpot and Wyzowl, 85% of companies use video in their marketing efforts. If you’re not networking with marketing managers in your area, your CV for videographer jobs is a dead stick.
The ResumeLab builder is more than looks. Get specific content to boost your chances of getting the job. Add job descriptions, bullet points, and skills. Easy. Improve your CV in our CV builder now.
Nail it all with a splash of colour, choose a clean font, highlight your skills in just a few clicks. You’re the perfect candidate and we’ll prove it. Use the ResumeLab builder now.
4. Show Your Education in the Right Light
In a CV for videographer jobs, education doesn’t matter. Right?
I used to think that when I first started as a videographer.
But here’s the thing—
No matter what education you had, you can use it to show videographer skills.
Then if they glance at your CV education section, they’ll get a snapshot of your value.
Watch what this freelance videographer CV sample does:
Videographer CV Example—Education
A videographer CV with no experience can show skills like writing and production.
Expert Hint: Are you an entry-level videographer? You can lengthen your CV education section. Put key classes, projects, or groups in their own sections. Then add bullets to each that show videography skills like teamwork or time management.
5. Add Focus to Your Videographer CV
Getting a job is like a contest.
100 applicants enter. Only one can win.
Who gets the job?
The one who looks the best to work with.
Buy extra chances—by putting extras in your videography CV.
- Online portfolio
- Honours and awards
- Professional associations
- Media appearances
- Additional activities
See these videographer CV examples:
Videographer CV—Other Sections
That’s black & white.
The first of those videographer CV samples shows you can get the shot.
Word of caution:
You don’t need a videography certification to get hired. If you’ve already got it, it’ll help your CV. Otherwise, save your money for a good tripod or camera.
Expert Hint: Write a cover letter for your CV for videographer jobs. Show off your videography passion. But also, crow about a few key moments that make you a catch.
Double your impact with a matching CV and cover letter combo. Use our cover letter builder and make your application documents pop out.
Want to try a different look? There’s 18 more. A single click will give your document a total makeover. Pick a cover letter template here.
Here’s how to write a videographer CV:
- Start with a videographer CV template. Fill the frame with your best moments in videography.
- Add videographer skills like studio and location shooting. Put some metrics in to show you used them in production work.
- Write a videographer CV objective like a sneak peak of your best video moments.
- Add extras like an Instagram account or online portfolio to boost the chance they’ll hire you.
Got questions on how to write good CVs for videographer jobs? Not sure how to put videographer on a CV? Leave a comment. We’ll be happy to reply!