Your vocation is to diagnose and alleviate suffering. Let’s heal your doctor CV of any pathologies and give your career a prognosis of success.
Babysitters provide in-home child care on nights, weekends, or whenever mom and dad need a break. They may be on call at a moment’s notice or reserved ahead of time. CVs for babysitting must prove dependability, honesty, and trustworthiness by showing the right details.
Mom and dad won’t hire just anyone.
To show you can be trusted to keep the kids safe and conflict-free.
It’s not hard.
Just display your character with the right few details.
This guide will show you:
- A babysitter CV sample better than most.
- How to make a good babysitter job description for CVs.
- How to write a CV for babysitter jobs that parents love.
- How to put babysitting on a CV for other jobs.
Save hours of work and get a CV like this. Pick a template, fill it in. Quick and easy. Choose from 18+ CV templates and download your CV now.
What users say about ResumeLab:
I had an interview yesterday and the first thing they said on the phone was: “Wow! I love your CV.”
I love the variety of templates. Good job guys, keep up the good work!
My previous CV was really weak and I used to spend hours adjusting it in Word. Now, I can introduce any changes within minutes. Absolutely wonderful!
First job? See our other guides:
- CV with no Experience
- Dishwasher CV
- Teen CV
- Nanny CV
- Child Care CV
- Preschool Teacher CV
- Tutor CV
- Caregiver CV
- Esthetician CV
- High School Graduate CV
- Student CV
- CV for University Application
Haven't found what you're looking for? Check all our CV samples.
Babysitter CV Sample You Can Copy and Use
Dependable babysitter seeking to provide high-quality child care for the Petrovich family. Have given temporary care to 5 children in 2 families, with 10+ compliments for reliability. As camp counsellor at Camp Kabomee, helped watch over and teach life skills to 7 groups of 15+ children per year.
- Certified Babysitter, American Red Cross
- CPR & First Aid
- Worked as babysitter for 5 children from 2 families. Received 10+ compliments for dependability and friendliness.
- Sourced and used learning games daily with all 5 children.
- Managed 1–2 toddler tantrums per session. Used positive discipline techniques and distraction to end tantrums quickly.
- Used games to get children to clean up after themselves.
2018 & 2019
- Worked as camp counsellor during 2 full seasons. Helped teach woodcraft, swimming, football, and ecology to groups of 15+ children.
- Assisted with coaching of 50+ children.
- Used conflict resolution techniques and relationship-building to help reduce incidents between 10–15 year olds by 10%.
- Helped lead groups of 20+ children on remote hikes.
Bowen High School
- Key Club, 2018.
- Maintain 3.5 GPA.
- Commended by 5 teachers for work ethic.
- Stick to rigorous training schedule.
- Trained 5 other team members in best practises.
- Assist with setting up for 2 "home" events per month.
Second Class Scout, BSA
- Earned 21 merit badges.
- Demonstrated use of first aid skills.
- Served as Patrol Leader on 5 camping trips.
- Volunteer mentor, Boys Club & Girls Club of America
- Assisted with car wash that raised £800 for local homeless shelter.
- Helped set up Trison Street Church for annual blood drive.
Hard Skills: changing diapers, first aid & CPR, food prep
Soft Skills: dependability, communication, patience, physically fit, listening, compassion
Now here’s how to write an effective babysitter CV:
1. How to Put Babysitting on a CV
“You were a what?”
If you’re going for a new job, you can put babysitter on a CV.
Babysitting can show all kinds of great qualities:
- Work ethic
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Conflict resolution
To show babysitting on CVs—
- Find the skills your new job wants in the online ad.
- Think of times your babysitting work used them.
That’s call tailoring your CV for the job.
These babysitter on CV examples show how:
Babysitter on CV [Sample]
The second of those babysitter on CV examples says nothing.
The first one shows the skills your new job needs!
Expert Hint: Showing babysitting on a CV means listing the transferable skills the new job wants. Don’t try to list every skill in the world. Just focus on the top few.
2. Start With the Best Babysitter CV Format
Look sloppy, and parents will assume you can’t be trusted.
Format your CV for babysitter jobs like this:
Babysitter CV Format
- Pick the reverse-chronological CV format.
- Use trusted CV fonts like 10–12pt Trebuchet or Garamond.
- Add white space and 1-inch margins.
- One page is the right CV length for babysitters.
- Use these CV sections: Header, Objective, Experience, Education, Skills, and a couple bonus sections.
Expert Hint: Save babysitter CVs as PDF files. Why? PDFs look great on different devices. Plus, Applicant Tracking Software (ATS) can read them just fine.
3. Write a Babysitter CV Objective or Summary
Hard truth time.
Most parents and babysitting services won’t read your CV for babysitter jobs.
They’ll glance through it.
- One adjective (dependable or trustworthy)
- The word “babysitter”
- Your experience (gave temporary care to 5 children in 2 families)
- How & whom you’ll help (provide high-quality child care for the Petrovich family)
- Best babysitting achievements (10+ compliments for reliability...)
These babysitter CV examples lay the ground rules:
Babysitter CV Summary—Example
The first of those babysitter CV samples makes parents feel safe.
Why? It shows a history of kid care with details and numbers.
Babysitter CV Objective—Example
Never babysat before?
That’s okay! Show your reliability with other jobs.
If you worked with kids, great! If not, show good babysitter qualities from other life accomplishments.
Those can be from non-babysitting jobs or clubs, groups, or school achievements!
Expert Hint: Save on stress by writing your CV objective for babysitting jobs last. That way you can pick and choose the best goodies from your CV to write it.
4. Write a Head-Turning Babysitter Job Description
Check this out.
Parents want babysitters who are in control, calm, clean, and capable.
But you can’t just say, “I am all those things.”
They won’t believe you.
You have to show snapshots of your past that prove it.
How to write a babysitter job description for a CV work experience section
- Find out what the parents need by talking to them. Or—
- If you’re applying for a job, find its needs in the ad online.
- Brainstorm moments when you filled those needs.
- Add them to your babysitting CV text.
These babysitter CV examples show how:
Babysitter Job Description for CV [Sample]
One of those babysitting CV samples will get the silent treatment.
The other shows key babysitter skills, with numbers to give them scale.
Now let’s see about an entry-level CV for babysitter jobs:
Entry-Level Babysitter CV Job Description [Sample]
The second of those babysitter CV examples doesn’t show key skills.
Babysitter CV Skills List
First Aid & CPR
Diet Restriction Knowledge
Expert Hint: Even being in a school club can prove babysitter skills. For example, teamwork, communication, conflict resolution, and interpersonal skills.
The ResumeLab builder is more than looks. Get specific content to boost your chances of getting the job. Add job descriptions, bullet points, and skills. Easy. Improve your CV in our CV builder now.
Nail it all with a splash of colour, choose a clean font, highlight your skills in just a few clicks. You’re the perfect candidate and we’ll prove it. Use the ResumeLab builder now.
5. Turn Boring Education to a Reason to Hire You
This is key:
Babysitters don’t need university degrees.
But a babysitting CV education section can get you interviewed.
This babysitter CV example shows how:
It shows you’re serious-minded enough to care for kids. Plus, you work hard!
Expert Hint: Are you on a sports team in high school? You can list it as a single bullet point under “Education.” But—put it in a separate section to prove more skills.
6. Give Your Babysitter CV a Few “Other” Sections
Don’t be bland. They won’t hire you.
Add “other” CV sections to show inner strength.
- Certifications (Babysitting Cert from American Red Cross)
- Additional activities
- Clubs or groups you’re in (BSA, 4-H)
- Volunteering or freelance work
- Awards or honours
- Foreign languages
- Publications (school blog articles)
- Personal or school projects
Whatever you list, show you used key babysitting qualities to do them.
These babysitter CV examples show the ropes:
Babysitter CV—Extra Sections
It’s all in the details you select.
Expert Hint: Write a babysitter cover letter. You’ll boost your chance of getting hired. Show your best summer babysitter moments to make them notice you.
Double your impact with a matching CV and cover letter combo. Use our cover letter builder and make your application documents pop out.
Want to try a different look? There’s 18 more. A single click will give your document a total makeover. Pick a cover letter template here.
For a babysitter CV that gets work:
- Use the babysitter CV template up top. It puts all your ducks in a row to get the job.
- List babysitter achievements everywhere—in your CV objective, work experience, education, and “other” sections.
- Include babysitter skills they need. Find out from the parents or the job ad online.
- Write a babysitter cover letter that shows your understanding of what this job requires.
Got questions on how to write great CVs for babysitter jobs? Not sure how to show babysitter on a CV? Leave a comment. We’ll be happy to reply!