You know how to handle cash flow, and numbers obey you. You’ve got what it takes to keep a company’s finances in line. Prove it with this maxed-out bookkeeper CV sample.
You’ve just found the perfect child care CV sample.
But time out—
It’s no mean feat to get those child care jobs you want.
It’s like fighting with hundred preschoolers for three chocolate cupcakes.
Plus, many of the other applicants have great child care provider CVs.
You’ll be okay.
With the right focus on your past, you’ll be seeing all those little smiles in no time.
In this guide:
- A child care CV sample better than most.
- How to write a child care worker CV that soothes employers’ fears.
- How to make a convincing child care job description for CVs.
- Why you can’t just list child care skills (and what to do instead).
What does a perfect CV for a child care look like? See below—
Save hours of work and get a CV like this. Pick a template, fill it in. Quick and easy.
Choose from 18 CV templates and download your CV in minutes.
What users say about ResumeLab:
I had an interview yesterday and the first thing they said on the phone was: “Wow! I love your CV.”
I love the variety of templates. Good job guys, keep up the good work!
My previous CV was really weak and I used to spend hours adjusting it in Word. Now, I can introduce any changes within minutes. Absolutely wonderful!
Do you need a teacher CV instead of a child care provider CV? See these guides:
- Teacher CV Sample & Guide
- Art Teacher CV Sample & Guide
- Preschool Teacher CV Sample & Guide
- Babysitter CV
- Caregiver CV
- Nanny CV
- Teen CV
- Graduate School CV
- Teaching Assistant CV
Haven't found what you're looking for? Check all our Professional CV Examples.
Child Care CV Sample You Can Copy and Adapt
Child Care Provider
Enthusiastic child care provider with 3+ years of experience creating safe, activity-based care for 15+ children. Seeking to deliver high-quality child care at Li'l Sprouts Day Care. At Sunny Faces, commended 5x for empathy and efficiency. Cut hurtful incidents 20%.
Child Care Provider
Sunny Faces Day Care, Cleveland, OH
- Provided safe and comforting supervision for 15+ children during both indoor and outdoor activities. Commended 5x by supervisor.
- Provided weekly documentation to parents on children's behaviour and progress. Communicated with parents to solve issues.
- Developed schedules for pickup, drop-off, lunch, and activities. Worked with students to promote 90% quick compliance with transitions.
- Worked with children on use of Montessori-based tools to develop fine-motor skills and oral and written communication skills.
- Designed and implemented staff training program to ensure continual upgrades to staff skills and development.
- Used positive discipline techniques to ensure children felt safe while working to build empathy. Decreased hurtful words & actions 20%.
Freelance Child Care Provider
- Provided expert care for 10 nieces and nephews ages 1 month to 5 years. Maintained First Aid, CPR, and file of emergency numbers.
- Oversaw play activities. Sourced 50+ learning activities.
Researched and implemented special child play time based on parent-child interactive therapy methods. Cut tantrums in 5 children 40%.
AA Early Childhood Education
Ohio State University
- Excelled in classroom management labs.
- Conducted project in Montessori methods.
2019 - First Aid & CPR, American Red Cross
2018 - Child Development Associate (CDA)
- Teach First Aid & CPR 2x per year.
- Volunteer "Ski-Wee" skiing instructor to 30+ children.
Hard Skills: classroom instruction, solution-based casework, positive discipline, Montessori method
Soft Skills: interpersonal skills, communication, First Aid & CPR, decision making
Here’s how to write a confident child care CV:
1. Select the Best Child Care CV Format
Your CV format matters more than you think.
It’s the first thing they’ll see about you.
You wouldn’t walk into a daycare in a greasy t-shirt. So, don’t send an at-risk child care CV.
Follow these tips:
Child Care CV Format
- Make 1-inch margins and include some white space.
- Pick a CV font like 11–14pt Calibri or Verdana.
- Write CV sections for Heading, Summary, Job History, Education, and Skills.
- Put your jobs in reverse-chronological CV order.
- Keep your CV length short at one page.
- Save it as a PDF CV. They don’t go to pieces once you send them.
Expert Hint: A study by researchers at Pennsylvania State University shows burnout in child care workers runs high. In a child care worker CV, your coping mechanisms matter. So if you exercise, do yoga, or have other self-care strategies, add them to your CV for child care workers.
2. Write a Child Care CV Objective or Summary
You might be up against 30 or 50 other child care CVs.
They’ll hire only one of you.
How can you get an even start?
- An adjective (enthusiastic, energetic)
- “Child care worker” (or “provider” if the job ad says that)
- Years of experience (1+, 5+)
- Who and how you’ll help (deliver high-quality child care at Li'l Sprouts Day Care)
- Best child care provider CV achievements (commended 5x for empathy...)
To do it fast, save it for the end.
See these child care CV examples:
Child Care CV Summary—Example
The second of those child care CV samples is literate. But the first shows competence.
But what if your child care experience is still in the developmental stage?
See this entry-level CV for child care jobs:
Entry-Level Child Care CV Objective
Here’s the kernel:
The second of those entry-level child care CV examples pinkie-swears.
The first is evidence-based.
Expert Hint: A study from The American Academy of Political & Social Science says child care jobs have high demand, but low wages. To get higher-paying jobs, create a targeted child care CV. I’ll show you how to do it easy, next.
The ResumeLab builder is more than looks. Get specific content to boost your chances of getting the job. Add job descriptions, bullet points, and skills. Easy. Improve your CV in our CV builder now.
3. Perfect Your Child Care Job Description and Skills Section
What child care skills belong on CVs?
See this list:
Child Care CV Skills
First Aid & CPR
But put on your thinking cap.
Don’t heap all those skills in your child care provider CV. You’ll look like your trousers are on fire.
Make a customised CV instead.
See these child care CV samples:
The job in the example needs skills in empathy, documentation, scheduling, and positive discipline.
Child Care Job Description for a CV [Sample]
One of these things is not like the other.
The second of those child care CV examples seems perfect—for a different child care job.
But the first adds empathy, documentation, etc. plus 15, 90%, and 5x for scale!
What if your child care career is still in diapers?
You’ve got this. An entry-level CV can get experience from lots of places.
See these child care worker CV examples with no experience:
The job wants First Aid, sourcing learning activities, communication, and patience.
Entry-Level Child Care CV Job Description [Sample]
Do it like the first of those child care CV samples to make a connexion.
Expert Hint: A study from the University of Colorado shows that only 24% of school personnel report suspected abuse cases. If you’ve received training in handling cases of abuse, show it in your child care provider CV.
4. Write a Skills-Based Education Section
Here comes the key to CV writing:
Put skills everywhere.
Your CV’s education section needs your school and degree.
To get hired, show executive function, like this child care CV sample:
Child Care CV Example—Education
If the daycare needs classroom management skills and Montessori training, you’re in!
Show other education high points in your child care worker CV.
5. Add “Other” Sections to Your Child Care CV
Before you sling that child care worker CV at them—
Let’s give the day care one more reason to hire you.
What have you done, aside from work and school?
The right picks here can get you hired.
Try adding one of these:
- Certifications (CDA, First Aid)
- Foreign languages
- Additional activities
See these child care CV examples:
Child Care CV—Other Sections
That second child care CV sample needs some time in the peace and quiet corner.
The first is oh-so hirable!
Expert Hint: Write a cover letter for your child care provider CV. Show some empathy by centering your comments on the job, why it’s perfect, and why you’ll fit.
Double your impact with a matching CV and cover letter combo. Use our cover letter builder and make your application documents pop out.
Here’s how to write a child care CV:
- Start strong with our child care CV template. Add high points from your child care and other work history.
- List child care skills like positive discipline or planning age-appropriate activities. But—prove you’ve used them in your other sections.
- Write a child care provider CV objective full of shining moments from your past.
- Add “other” CV sections with child care achievements to show your global quality.
Got questions on how to write good CVs for child care jobs? Not sure how to put child care on a CV? Leave a comment. We’ll be happy to reply!