A student CV template that will land you a first job interview. See an example student CV. Follow expert advice on CV format for student CV.
This nurse practitioner CV sample can get you noticed like Loretta Ford.
Finding a nurse practitioner job is easy. Right?
There are 240,700 NP jobs in the US. Plus—they’re growing at a rate of 26% per decade.
That’s half right.
Some towns are switching back to MDs, while NPs get phased out.
You’ll fight to get an NP job in popular locations. Think Austin, Denver, San Francisco, or New York.
But don’t worry. With the right healthcare moments in your CV for nurse practitioners, you’ll stick out like Sophia Thomas in a healthcare desert.
In this guide:
- A nurse practitioner CV sample better than most.
- How to write a job-getting nurse practitioner CV.
- How to script the best nurse practitioner job description for your CV.
- Why you can’t just list nurse practitioner skills (and what to do instead).
Save hours of work and get a CV like this. Pick a template, fill it in. Quick and easy. Choose from 18+ CV templates and download your CV now.
What users say about ResumeLab:
I had an interview yesterday and the first thing they said on the phone was: “Wow! I love your CV.”
I love the variety of templates. Good job guys, keep up the good work!
My previous CV was really weak and I used to spend hours adjusting it in Word. Now, I can introduce any changes within minutes. Absolutely wonderful!
Are you sure a CV for nurse practitioner jobs is right for you? See our guides:
- Certified Nurse Assistant CV Examples
- New Grad Nursing CV Examples
- Icu Nurse CV Examples
- Nursing CV Examples
- LPN CV Examples
- Nursing Student CV Examples
- Medical Assistant CV Examples
- Doctor CV Examples
Haven't found what you're looking for? Check all our CV Examples.
Nurse Practitioner CV Sample You Can Copy and Use
Effective nurse practitioner with 5+ years of experience as an NP and 10 years of nursing experience. Seeking to provide excellent care at Ramirez Medical. At CMC Utah, mentored 10 NPs & RNs to increase HCAHPS scores 20% in 18 months.
Collins Medical Centre, Utah
- Delivered medical care, referrals, coordination, and consultation to diverse patient population with critical medical issues.
- Saw 20+ patients per day, assisting with acute and chronic concerns.
- Worked with patients to improve key metrics like blood pressure, weight, diet, and lifestyle habits through education and feedback.
- Documented and tracked patient health metrics, providing feedback.
- Worked with office staff to create a smooth flow through the clinic, improving time spent on patients by 15%.
- Collaborated with insurance vendors to raise reimbursement 18%.
- Mentored 10+ new NPs and RNs to raise HCAHPS scores by 20%.
- Healthcare worker of the year, 2019.
Collins Medical Centre, Utah
RN on 30-bed trauma ward.
- Increased number of patients seen daily by 20% with new charting process.
- Collaborated with physicians to assess and create treatment plans.
Master of Science, Nursing
University of Utah
- Excelled in leadership and healthcare planning.
- Completed master's thesis in differential diagnosis.
Bachelor of Science, Nursing
University of Utah, 2010
- Registered Nurse—Licence #00000000
- Volunteer NP at 5 trail runs per year 26–100 miles each.
- Mentor 7 NPs through AANP.
- Facilitate 4 fundraisers per year for Tooele County Animal Shelter.
Hard Skills: admissions & discharge, ordering & interpreting tests, differential diagnosis
Soft Skills: interpersonal skills, communication, collaboration, attention to detail
Here’s how to write a resilient nurse practitioner CV:
1. Choose the Right Nurse Practitioner CV Format
What’s the right nurse practitioner CV format?
It’s the reverse-chronological CV format.
It shows your newest Melissa-Decapua-level achievements first.
Use these CV formatting tips to fill it in:
Nurse Practitioner CV Format
- Write a single–page CV for nurse practitioner jobs, with 1-inch margins.
- Use a high-visibility CV font like 11–14pt Bell MT or Didot.
- To make it extra readable, add white space.
- Craft CV sections for Heading, Summary, Experience, Education, and Skills.
- Get your points across on all screen types with a transferable PDF CV.
2. Write a Nurse Practitioner CV Objective or Summary
Hospital admins don’t read CVs. They look them over.
Then they come back to the ones they like.
- An adjective (effective, efficient)
- “Nurse practitioner”
- Years of experience (2+, 7+)
- What you’ll do and for whom (provide excellent care at Ramirez Medical...)
- Best CV achievements(increased HCAHPS scores 20%...)
See these family nurse practitioner CV examples:
Nurse Practitioner CV Summary—Example
Both examples fit the diagnosis.
But the first of those nurse practitioner CV samples adds 5 years of experience and a Maria T. Codina Leik-worthy accomplishment.
“Hey, hold the lift! I just got my Master’s! I don’t have a great NP achievement like that yet!”
No worries. See these entry-level CV samples for nurse practitioner jobs:
Entry-Level Nurse Practitioner CV Objective
Those both sparkle.
But the first of those new graduate nurse practitioner CV examples with no experience adds a glowing achievement.
3. Prescribe the Right Nurse Practitioner Job Description and Skills
What skills does a CV for nurse practitioner jobs need?
Easy. Here’s a CV skills list:
Nurse Practitioner CV Skills
Admissions & Discharge
Interpreting Test Results
Attention to Detail
But take a breath—
Don’t inject those all into a CV for nurse practitioner jobs. That’s generic.
These nurse practitioner CV samples show how:
The job in this case wants skills in consultations, documentation, leadership, and mentoring.
Nurse Practitioner Job Description for a CV [Sample]
Those two CV examples for nurse practitioner jobs are Mayo-Clinic-level. But—
The first has 20+, 15%, and other measures, with role-specific skills. This way it proves the candidate can do the job.
Are you an entry-level nurse practitioner?
A CV for jobs with no experience can still thrive.
See these entry-level nurse practitioner CV examples. The job in question needs charting, collaboration, and treatment plan creation.
Entry-Level Nurse Practitioner CV Job Description [Sample]
The second of those nurse practitioner student CV samples only works for another RN job!
The 20% and charting in the first example are like a shot of epinephrine.
Expert Hint: According to BLS data, California, the Northeast, Southeast, and Texas have the most nurse practitioner jobs. Are you job hunting in the Northwest, Midwest, and central-Southern states? If so, your CV for nurse practitioner jobs will have to shine like David Hebert.
The ResumeLab builder is more than looks. Get specific content to boost your chances of getting the job. Add job descriptions, bullet points, and skills. Easy. Improve your CV in our CV builder now.
Nail it all with a splash of colour, choose a clean font, highlight your skills in just a few clicks. You’re the perfect candidate and we’ll prove it. Use the ResumeLab builder now.
4. Reassess Your Education Section
What matters in the education section of an NP CV?
It’s more than just your school and Master’s degree.
Take your CV education section from critical to stable with patient-helping skills.
Watch this freelance nurse practitioner CV sample do it:
Nurse Practitioner CV Example—Education
That adds leadership, planning, and differential diagnosis to your CV for nurse practitioner jobs.
5. Invigorate Your Nurse Practitioner CV
Your nurse practitioner CV can’t be ordinary.
You need to give the clinic every reason to pick up the phone.
Do it with extras in your CV for nurse practitioner jobs.
- Certifications (RN, NP, ACLS, etc.)
- Associations (AANP, etc.)
- Additional activities
See these nurse practitioner CV examples:
Nurse Practitioner CV—Other Sections
The details in the first of those nurse practitioner CV samples are Cleveland-Clinic-worthy.
Expert Hint: Create a cover letter for your CV for nurse practitioner jobs. Show your passion for healthcare and your top few medical moments that fit the job opening.
Double your impact with a matching CV and cover letter combo. Use our cover letter builder and make your application documents pop out.
Want to try a different look? There’s 18 more. A single click will give your document a total makeover. Pick a cover letter template here.
Here’s how to write a nurse practitioner CV:
- Start with a nurse practitioner CV template. Supplement it with your best NP moments and features.
- Add nurse practitioner skills like patient assessments and differential diagnosis. Tag them with numbers that make HR people sit up straight.
- Write a nurse practitioner CV objective to wrap up your best NP attributes.
- Add other sections like an AANP membership, volunteering, or certifications.
- Write a nursing cover letter to increase your chances of getting noticed. Check out more specific cover letter guides like the new grad RN cover letter, the RN cover letter, or the CNA cover letter.
Got questions on how to write good CVs for nurse practitioner jobs? Not sure how to put nurse practitioner on a CV? Leave a comment. We’ll be happy to reply!