Making a CV on Google Drive doesn't have to be a hassle. Pick your Google Docs CV template and make your CV effortlessly.
You’re about to see a battle-tested marketing manager CV sample. But first—
You’ve got your work cut out for you.
A CV for marketing manager jobs is a campaign in itself.
Worse, you’re selling to a thick-skinned audience immune to sales pitches.
You’ve only got a sheet or two of paper. Talk about a limited budget!
What can you do?
Treat it like any campaign. Know your market and create engaging content.
We’ll show you how to do it quick, so you come out More than OK.
In this guide:
- A marketing manager CV sample better than most.
- How to write a traditional or digital marketing manager CV that gets results.
- How to make a targeted marketing manager job description for CVs.
- Why you can’t just list marketing manager skills (and what to do instead).
Save hours of work and get a CV like this. Pick a template, fill it in. Quick and easy. Choose from 21 CV templates and download your CV now.
What users say about Resumelab:
I had an interview yesterday and the first thing they said on the phone was: “Wow! I love your CV.”
I love the variety of templates. Good job guys, keep up the good work!
My previous CV was really weak and I used to spend hours adjusting it in Word. Now, I can introduce any changes within minutes. Absolutely wonderful!
Not quite management material yet? See our guides:
- Marketing (General) CV Sample
- Public Relations CV Sample
- Social Media Manager CV Sample
- Brand Ambassador CV Sample
- Digital Marketing CV Sample
- Project Manager CV
Not a marketing manager? Looking for a different manager CV? See these guide Management (General) CV Sample & Guide
Haven't found what you're looking for? Check all our Professional CV Examples.
Marketing Manager CV Sample You Can Copy and Use
Phone: 078 3956 7375
Energetic marketing manager with 5+ years of experience driving teams to massive revenue growth. Seeking to increase ROI for clients at Skewed Onion Marketing. Led 3 teams of 25 marketing associates at Rasle Bopp, raising revenue £15M for one client.
Rasle Bopp Inc., Manchester
Key Qualifications & Responsibilities
- Led 3 teams of 25 marketing associates to plan and implement 40+ campaigns for banking, automotive, and CPG clients.
- Identified new markets for a stagnant pizza chain that raised brand awareness by 20% and revenue by 9%.
- Streamlined teams using Agile methods to lower marketing costs 10% and time-to-market for campaigns by 25%.
Raised revenue for an electronics client by £15M through multi-platform campaigns in digital, TV, and audio.
Azure Frog Marketing, Manchester
Key Qualifications & Responsibilities
- Trained and onboarded 4 new marketing associates. Ensured 35% increase in compliance to OKRs. All 4 won promotions in 6 months.
- Led team that created radio ad campaign shortlisted for RAB award.
Suggested changes to meeting style that saved 20+ hrs per week.
Univesity of Manchester
- Pursued a passion for digital marketing coursework.
- Master's thesis on SEM marketing written up in ReadWrite.
University of Law Business School, London
- Member, AMA.
- Mentor 20 marketing managers in team leadership.
2018 — Ran campaign for local school that raised £200K in 1 year.
2017 — Ran online campaign for animal shelter that raised £50,000 in 3 months.
Hard Skills: CPG, CRM, SEO, SEM, PPC, sales funnel management, email marketing
Soft Skills: Interpersonal skills, communication, collaboration
Here’s how to write a marketing manager CV that sells:
1. Use the Best Marketing Manager CV Format
You’d never launch a non-mobile-friendly website.
Yet too many marketing managers write non-employer-friendly CVs.
Your CV formatting can win your audience—or lose them.
Tell your story with the reverse-chronological CV format.
Then fill it with these tips:
Marketing Manager CV Format
- Set 1-inch margins on the top, sides, and bottom.
- Chose a friendly CV font like 10–12pt Verdana or Garamond.
- Make CV sections for Heading, Summary, Experience, Education, and Skills.
- Include white space for breathability.
- Choose a 1 or 2-page CV length depending on your experience.
- Send a PDF CV. Those are user-friendly across every platform.
Expert Hint: A study from the International Journal of Management found that spreading marketing knowledge through all levels of an organisation improves business performance. Work with cross-functional teams or communicating messages outside your department looks good on a marketing manager CV.
2. Make a Marketing Manager CV Summary or Objective
Engaging with your audience is key.
And you’ve got to do it fast.
Attention spans today are short. If they don’t like you in an instant, they’ve got 300 other CVs to look at.
- An adjective (energetic, engaging)
- “marketing manager” or “digital marketing manager” (use the title from the ad)
- Years of experience (2+, 8+)
- How & who you’ll help (raise ROI for clients at Skewed Onion Marketing)
- An achievement or two for your CV—your best marketing manager moments (raised revenue £15M...)
Tip: write it last.
See these digital marketing manager CV examples:
Marketing Manager CV Summary—Example
The second of those marketing manager CV samples says you’ll lead teams to get big revenue. The first adds proof like 25 and £15M.
“But that marketing manager is a superhero! I’m not that good!”
You don’t have to be. Just show your best efforts.
See this entry-level CV for marketing managers:
Entry-Level Marketing Manager CV Objective
Neither of those entry-level marketing manager CV examples has held the title.
But the first shows key features and benefits.
Expert Hint: Seth Godin’s excellent book This is Marketing says to focus on specifics. Don’t target any old marketing manager job with your CV. Find the ones you fit best, and your CV will write itself.
The ResumeLab builder is more than looks. Get specific content to boost your chances of getting the job. Add job descriptions, bullet points, and skills. Easy. Improve your CV in our CV builder now.
3. Target Your Digital Marketing Manager Job Description and Skills Section
What marketing manager skills work on CVs?
Here’s a list, but there’s a catch:
Marketing Manager Skills for CVs
Radio & TV Marketing
Sales Funnel Management
In marketing, you need to define your target market.
It’s the same with the work experience section of a CV for marketing jobs.
Each job needs its own CV skills. They can’t come from an online list.
See these product marketing manager CV samples:
The company wants a marketing manager who can lead teams, raise brand awareness, use Agile methodology, and run multi-platform campaigns.
Marketing Manager Job Description for a CV [Sample]
Here’s the great part:
Most applicants will do it like the second of those product marketing manager CV examples. That gives you a chance to stand out like Douglas Holt.
But what if you’re just launching your marketing management career?
In a CV with no experience, define your value first.
See these digital marketing manager CV examples with no experience:
They’re for a job that needs training, leadership, and process improvements.
Entry-Level Marketing Manager CV Job Description [Sample]
Expert Tip: A study of 968 marketing managers found conflict-management skills significantly affected productivity. Have you resolved conflicts between teams or team members with good results? Show that in your content marketing manager CV.
4. Power-Up Your Education Section
Successful marketing campaigns are based on audience engagement.
How can your marketing communications manager CV engage employers?
By adding things they want to your CV education section.
This email marketing manager CV sample shows how:
Marketing Manager CV Example—Education
5. Add More to Your Marketing Manager CV
It’s almost go-time.
Let’s give you the best chance at that dream marketing manager job.
Do you have certifications? Publications?
Have you done something that’ll make them say, “Wow?”
In your additional CV sections you can include:
- Associations (AMA, ANA, IMA, the other AMA)
- Certifications (CMC, PMP, etc.)
- Freelance projects
- Media appearances
- Additional activities
- Sports & fitness
See these digital marketing manager CV examples:
Sales Marketing Manager CV—Extra Sections
That first marketing manager CV sample is a value proposition. It shows an engaged and capable team leader.
Expert Hint: Write a cover letter for your CV for marketing manager jobs. Make it engaging by knowing your target audience and speaking to their needs.
Double your impact with a matching CV and cover letter combo. Use our cover letter builder and make your application documents pop out.
Here’s how to write a marketing manager CV:
- Start with our marketing manager CV template. Add bright spots from your marketing manager career.
- List marketing manager skills like leadership or SEO, with numbers to show you’re Modo-Modo-level.
- Write a marketing or marketing communications manager CV summary up top. In it, tease your selling points.
- Add “other” sections to prove you know a campaign from a CTA.
- Write a marketing manager cover letter.
Got questions on how to write good CVs for marketing manager jobs? Not sure how to put marketing manager on a CV? Leave a comment. We’ll be happy to reply!