Your vocation is to diagnose and alleviate suffering. Let’s heal your doctor CV of any pathologies and give your career a prognosis of success.
Here comes a Harvard-worthy MBA CV sample. But first—
You’re on the right path.
The average MBA earns £102,495 a year. Half of all MBA grads make even more.
Plus—business makes the economy tick. You’re going for an incredibly useful degree.
But how do you get into that top-pick school? Schools like Stanford and Harvard only let in 6% to 10% of applicants. Other MBA programs aren’t much better.
You need to convince admissions staff you’re Bob Iger in disguise.
That works by showing your Berkshire-Hathaway-level accomplishments in the right format.
In this guide:
- An MBA CV template better than most.
- How to write an MBA candidate CV that gets interviews.
- What to put in CVs for MBA applications to gain competitive advantage.
- How to format your MBA application CV so you get on the shortlist.
Save hours of work and get a CV like this. Pick a template, fill it in. Quick and easy. Choose from 18+ CV templates and download your CV now.
What users say about ResumeLab:
I had an interview yesterday and the first thing they said on the phone was: “Wow! I love your CV.”
I love the variety of templates. Good job guys, keep up the good work!
My previous CV was really weak and I used to spend hours adjusting it in Word. Now, I can introduce any changes within minutes. Absolutely wonderful!
Do you need a different kind of MBA CV? See these guides:
Are you writing an MBA graduate CV? Not sure how to list MBA on a CV? See our guides:
- Recent University Graduate CV
- University Student CV
- Accounting CV
- Financial Analyst CV
- Consultant CV
- Business Development CV
- Business Analyst CV
Haven't found what you're looking for? Check all our CV Examples for Any Job.
Sample CV for MBA Applications You Can Copy and Use
Results-driven marketing manager and MBA applicant with 2+ years of experience and solid leadership skills, seeking to add value to Arizona State University's student body. As marketing manager at Zymantine Reach presided over 20% average revenue gain for 17 clients.
Zymantine Reach Inc., Phoenix, AZ
- Led marketing team of 8 employees to create and implement cross-platform campaigns for 17 corporate clients, including digital and print.
- Used email marketing best practises to increase open rate by 30%.
- Raised conversion rates 18% by using targeted campaigns.
- Presided over an average of 20%+ in revenue gains for 17 clients, raising revenue by £1.3M per year for one client.
Zymantine Reach Inc., Phoenix, AZ
- Created and helped implement ideas for digital marketing campaigns and TV campaigns that raised revenue by £300K for one client.
- Selected by upper management to participate in OurPeople training campaign for future managers, thanks to digital marketing skills.
- Raised participation for Lee Street Centre's Thanksgiving dinner and delivery event from 1,900 to 2,800 meals delivered in one month.
- Used a mix of local digital marketing, print, and media appearances to raise charitable donations 33% in 8 months for 5 clients.
BS in Business Administration
Grand Canyon University, Phoenix, AZ
- GPA 3.9
- John K. Gallardo Business Leadership program.
- Created marketing plan for nonprofit that raised donations 20%.
- Consulted for shirt maker, raising marketing ROI by 27%.
- Member, American Marketing Association.
- Mentor 7 marketing managers in best practises, resulting in an average 30% increase in KPI attainment and 3 promotions.
- Weekly yoga for self-care and fitness.
Hard Skills: sales funnel management, SEO, SEM, email marketing, PPC
Soft Skills: interpersonal skills, communication, collaboration, problem solving, time management
Now here’s how to write an MBA application CV that gets interviews:
1. Select the Best MBA CV Format
It’s now or never.
The first impression of your MBA application CV is everything.
Don’t miss your chance with shoddy CV formatting.
Follow these tips:
MBA CV Format
- Set a one-page CV length.
- Leave some white space for reading comfort.
- Pick a trusted CV font like 11–14pt Bell MT or Tahoma.
- Lock in your margins at one inch.
- Write CV sections for Objective, Experience, Education, and “Other”.
- Put jobs in reverse-chronological CV order.
- For best results, save your CV in PDF format.
Expert Hint: A study by US News shows the top 10 MBA programs have less than a 20% chance of getting in. So—apply to 10 schools and your chances will rise exponentially. But tailor your MBA CV to each school. (See below for tips.)
2. Write an MBA CV Objective
The screener just torched your MBA application CV.
What did you do wrong?
You bored her in the first ten seconds.
- An adjective (driven, dedicated)
- Your job title or bachelor’s degree title
- Years of experience (2+, 4+)
- Your goal (add value to Arizona State University's student body)
- Best CV achievements (presided over 20% average revenue gain)
Create it last so you won’t struggle.
See these MBA CV examples:
MBA CV Objective—Example
The second of those sample MBA application CV objectives says, “‘I’ll study hard.” But—
The first wins with a 20% revenue gain accomplishment. That shows you do work hard.
“But I haven’t worked in the real world yet! I just got my bachelor’s degree!”
That’s not an issue. Just use your biggest achievement from school instead of work.
3. Add Experience to Your MBA CV
Real-world experience gives your MBA CV a head start.
Maybe you’ve worked as an:
- Marketing manager
- Financial analyst
- Peace Corps member
- Nonprofit director or assistant
All of those look great in MBA applicant CVs.
But do your career a favour—
Show your most towering achievements from each.
Do it like this sample CV for MBA applications:
MBA Application CV Sample [Experience]
The first of our MBA CV examples would make a great applicant. The admissions staff won’t pass her up.
But the second has no achievements or numbers. That MBA candidate CV example is a job description—not a reason to interview you.
Expert Hint: A study by US News shows the average MBA earns six figures. The highest-paid are consultants and financial services, tech, and health-care workers. The lowest paid are in nonprofits and the transportation field. Balance income goals with your life goals before you send your MBA application CV.
The ResumeLab builder is more than looks. Get specific content to boost your chances of getting the job. Add job descriptions, bullet points, and skills. Easy. Improve your CV in our CV builder now.
Nail it all with a splash of colour, choose a clean font, highlight your skills in just a few clicks. You’re the perfect candidate and we’ll prove it. Use the ResumeLab builder now.
4. Elevate Your Education Section
How can your MBA application CV education section get you in the door?
If you just got your bachelor’s degree, your CV education section will need lots of projects, coursework, and achievements.
If you’ve been in the working world a while, just a couple bullet points will do.
But either way, show you excelled in school.
The dean of admissions doesn’t want a lazy applicant.
Learn from these MBA CV samples:
MBA CV Example—Education
A few accomplishments can cause a paradigm shift.
But what if your GPA is lousy?
If it’s bad or long ago, drop it. Replace it with a big business school achievement.
If it’s recent, you have to show it. But if your classes were hard, add that too. Tough classes can go a long way toward salving unimpressive grades.
Then—pile on your best business school accomplishments to make your bad grades fade.
5. Other Must-Haves in an MBA CV
Your MBA CV should stand out like a cash cow.
But it won’t get there with just education and work history.
It needs a little Ron-Williams-level proof.
To get it, dig into non-work achievements.
Add facts that show you:
- Have a strong work ethic
- Reach goals
- Collaborate well
- Stretch yourself
- Accomplish important things
And if it’s not impressive—it’s got no place in an MBA applicant CV.
- Associations, groups, clubs
- Media appearances
See these MBA CV examples:
MBA CV—Other Sections
What’s wrong with the second of those MBA CV samples?
It doesn’t show you’ve stretched yourself. Or that you care about the business world.
Did you start a meat-smoking group with 20+ members? Or grow the membership of a whitewater rafting club?
Those things show leadership.
Last, here’s a list of CV skills that work in MBA application CVs:
MBA CV Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Problem Solving
- Time Management
- Computer Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Job-Specific Skills (digital marketing, accounting, finance, etc.)
Don’t include all of them. That looks shady.
Only list the skills you’ve backed up with achievements in an MBA CV.
Expert Hint: Write a cover letter for your MBA application CV. Make sure they understand why going to this school is your dream come true, and why you’ll excel there.
Double your impact with a matching CV and cover letter combo. Use our cover letter builder and make your application documents pop out.
Want to try a different look? There’s 18 more. A single click will give your document a total makeover. Pick a cover letter template here.
Here’s how to write an MBA CV:
- Start with the best MBA CV template. Complete it with your finest business or school achievements.
- Write an MBA application CV objective for the top. Wait until you finish with the rest to write it, so you won’t get stuck.
- Include bonus business achievements like articles you’ve written or associations you belong to. Those show passion and commitment.
- Add an MBA cover letter. Use it to show this school is your first pick, and that you’ll grow while working hard here.
- If the job ad requires it, send the CV by email: here is what to write in the email when sending the CV.
Got questions on how to write good MBA application CV? Not sure how to list MBA on a CV? Leave a comment. We’ll be happy to reply!