You know how to handle cash flow, and numbers obey you. You’ve got what it takes to keep a company’s finances in line. Prove it with this maxed-out bookkeeper CV sample.
In a few minutes, you’ll have the best help desk CV in the pile. But think about this—
Competition for help desk jobs is fierce.
Everyone knows it’s the backdoor into IT careers, so everybody’s trying it.
You don’t need experience, but you need to show off help desk skills.
Your CV for help desk jobs also has to be so readable they get your points in seconds.
Nail that and you’ll be resetting passwords and recovering files in no time.
In this guide:
- An IT help desk CV sample better than most.
- How to write a winning help desk CV.
- How to make a help desk job description for CVs that gets phone calls.
- Why you can’t just list help desk skills (and what to do instead).
Save hours of work and get a CV like this. Pick a template, fill it in. Quick and easy. Choose from 21 CV templates and download your CV now.
Create a job-winning CV with little effort. Hack your way through ATS software with our 18 beautiful templates—give our builder a try!
What users say about Resumelab:
I had an interview yesterday and the first thing they said on the phone was: “Wow! I love your CV.”
I love the variety of templates. Good job guys, keep up the good work!
My previous CV was really weak and I used to spend hours adjusting it in Word. Now, I can introduce any changes within minutes. Absolutely wonderful!
Do you really need a help desk support CV? Could you get a job as an IT project manager assistant? See our guides:
- Computer Science CV Sample & Guide
- IT (General CV Sample & Guide)
- IT Project Manager Assistant CV Sample & Guide
- Technical CV Sample &Guide
Haven't found what you're looking for? Check all our CV Examples for Over 200 Jobs.
Help Desk CV Sample You Can Copy and Use
Friendly help desk specialist with 2 years of experience solving tech problems in fast-paced offices. Seeking to deliver IT solutions at Tremmens-Bart Systems. At Silicon Bytes, promoted to top-tier specialist in 6 months for extensive Zendesk knowledge.
Help Desk Associate
Silicon Bites Inc., Salt Lake City, UT
- Promoted to top-tier help desk support specialist thanks to extensive knowledge of Zendesk and IT ticketing system.
- Received help desk employee of the month award 2x for expertise in troubleshooting software and hardware issues.
- Maintained 99% positive customer scores in post-ticket exit surveys for excellent listening skills and high levels of customer service.
- Selected by management to train and onboard 3 new help desk employees thanks to deep knowledge of operating systems.
Suggested key changes to IT help desk ticketing system use that resulted in a 10% time savings across all departments.
Kirk-Reiter Global, Salt Lake City, UT
- Served as unofficial IT Help Desk tech for 15 office employees.
- Resolved 10+ software and hardware issues per week, including issues with workstations, printers, and projector equipment.
- Escalated challenging issues to IT contractors.
Assisted with upgrade of 10 office workstations to Windows 10. Achieved zero downtime for employees and 95% performance satisfaction.
AA Business Administration
Utah State University
- President, Small Business Leaders student group.
- Recognised by professors for technical expertise.
2019 — CompTIA A+ Certification
2019 — Microsoft IT Support
- Completed Dale Carnegie customer service training.
- Walk dogs 3x per month at West Jordan Animal Shelter.
Hard Skills: Zendesk, Salesforce, phone system support, troubleshooting, desktop support
Soft Skills: interpersonal skills, communication, friendliness
Here’s how to write an IT help desk CV that clicks:
1. Use the Best IT Help Desk CV Format
Did you know:
Most help desk job openings get 100+ applications.
Then they hire one.
You have to be like Luke Skywalker flying down the Death Star trench.
It starts with the right CV format.
Most hiring managers like the reverse-chronological layout.
Use these tips to set it up:
Help Desk CV Format
- Use 1-inch margins and don’t skimp on the white space.
- Choose a good CV font like 11–14pt Noto or Trebuchet.
- Write CV sections for Heading, Summary, History, Education, and Skills.
- Set a 1-page CV length and stick to it.
- Save the CV in PDF form. Those fit every screen there is.
Expert Hint: Don’t give up! Deloitte only hires 3.5% of applicants. Google hires one in 200. You may need to apply to 150 jobs before you land a good one. Apply to 3 a day so you’ll have time to tailor your CV—to raise your chance of getting hired.
2. Make a Help Desk CV Objective or Summary
You send 30 IT help desk CVs.
You hear nothing. No calls. No emails. Just a lot of recruiter spam.
Your CV for help desk jobs must pull them in.
- An adjective (efficient, friendly)
- “help desk” (or the title from the job ad)
- Years of experience (2+, 3+)
- How & who you’ll help (deliver IT solutions at Tremmens-Bart)
- Best help desk moments (promoted to top-tier specialist in 6 months...)
Want it to go fast? Then write it last.
See these IT help desk CV examples:
IT Help Desk CV Summary—Example
This is money:
The second of those help desk CV samples says you can use Zendesk. The first shows you were promoted for doing it well.
Do that with your CV, and you’ll be the first ticket on their list.
But what if your help desk experience is thinner than an Acer Swift 7?
See this entry-level CV for help desk jobs:
Entry-Level Help Desk CV Objective
Only the first of those entry-level help desk CV examples shows real experience.
But here’s the kicker—
It’s the same person in both cases.
Expert Hint: According to a study by the Service Desk Institute, 36% of help desks are hiring new employees. But to get in with a good one, your help desk support CV will need to prove communication skills.
The ResumeLab builder is more than looks. Get specific content to boost your chances of getting the job. Add job descriptions, bullet points, and skills. Easy. Improve your CV in our CV builder now.
3. Target Your Help Desk Job Description and Skills Section
What IT help desk skills go on your CV?
See this list:
Help Desk Skills for CVs
CompTIA A+ Certification
Phone System Support
Hardware & Software
HubSpot, Jira Service Desk
A help desk job is like a trouble ticket. No two are the same.
You can’t just make one CV and machine-gun it to 50 jobs.
Without those skills, you won’t know which CV keywords to use.
See these help desk CV samples to nail it:
They’re for a job that needs Zendesk, troubleshooting, customer service, and training.
IT Help Desk Job Description for a CV [Sample]
The second of those help desk CV examples isn’t bad. But does it fit the job?
If you’re just winding up your help desk career, do a quick skills assessment.
Do you have experience with customer service? Have you worked with computers in non-help-desk jobs?
An entry-level CV can still shine!
See these IT help desk CV examples with no experience:
The job wants customer service, communication, and software and hardware skills.
Entry-Level Help Desk CV Job Description [Sample]
The first of those help desk CV samples will get oohs and ahhs.
That “10+” is magic. Numbers add punch!
Expert Hint: A Zendesk study shows the average customer satisfaction score for help desk employees is 95%. If your personal best is below that, consider leaving it off your help desk support CV.
4. Target Your Education Section
You don’t need a tonne of schooling on a CV for help desk jobs.
But you need a solid education section.
Include your school name and degree.
But add a couple skills the IT department wants.
This IT help desk CV sample shows how:
Help Desk CV Example—Education
5. Add Special Sections to Your Help Desk CV
You’re halfway to hired.
Let’s make your CV for help desk jobs sing.
Got a Net+ certification? Have you done volunteer work?
Those can help a CV for help desk jobs.
- Certifications (CompTIA A+, Network+, etc.)
- Additional activities
See these help desk CV examples:
IT Help Desk CV—Other Sections
That first IT help desk CV sample sells it. Who wouldn’t hire someone with all those skills and passion?
Expert Hint: Write a cover letter for your CV for help desk jobs. If it’s hard to talk about yourself, just focus on the job and why it’s perfect for you. If it’s not, move on.
Double your impact with a matching CV and cover letter combo. Use our cover letter builder and make your application documents pop out.
Here’s how to write a help desk CV:
- Start with our IT help desk CV template. Add IT accomplishments from past jobs or from your life.
- List help desk skills like Zendesk or customer service. Show you rocked them in your bullet points.
- Write a help desk support CV objective. Put your best IT features in it.
- Add “special” CV sections for CompTIA or other certifications or volunteer work.
- Write an IT help desk cover letter. If you need to showcase your excellent customer service skills check out also our customer service representative cover letter example.
Need more career advice? Check out these resources:
Got questions on how to write good CVs for help desk jobs? Not sure how to put help desk on a CV? Leave a comment. We’ll be happy to reply!