A student CV template that will land you a first job interview. See an example student CV. Follow expert advice on CV format for student CV.
You’re worth so much more.
You know it. But they don’t. Not until you show them what you’ve done.
Transcription? 10-Key typing? Order-processing?
Data entry CVs have to shine the right light on your past.
That’s the only way to get a better job.
In this guide:
- A data entry CV sample better than most.
- How to write a CV for data entry jobs that pushes the right buttons.
- How to make the perfect data entry job description for CVs.
- Why you can’t just list data entry skills (and what to do instead).
Create a job-winning CV with little effort. Hack your way through ATS software with our 18 beautiful templates—give our builder a try!
Create my CV now
Why limit yourself to just data entry? See our guides:
- Call Centre CV Sample & Guide
- Sales Associate CV Sample & Guide
- Retail CV Sample & Guide
- Customer Service CV Sample & Guide
- Administrative Assistant CV Sample & Guide
- Office Clerk CV
Haven't found what you're looking for? Check all our CV Samples.
Data Entry CV Sample You Can Copy and Use
Data Entry Clerk
Accurate data entry clerk with 5+ years of experience. Seeking to create smooth process flow at Cain Medical. At Washington Home Fixtures, entered 500+ records per day with 99% accuracy. Coached and onboarded 3 new hires, creating 20% efficiency boost. Saved £19,000 per year by suggesting changes to order-entry forms.
Data Entry Clerk
Washington Home Fixtures, Inc.
- Entered 500+ records per day at busy home fixtures business.
- Suggested and implemented order-entry form changes that eliminated 5 hours per work per employee, saving £19,000 per year.
- Coached 3 new hires in proper procedures for 20% rise in efficiency.
- Checked 1,000+ records per day for accuracy.
- Maintained 99.9% accuracy in spot-checks for 4 years straight.
- Used MS Office to type and deliver daily 3-page work reports.
- Raised 10-key typing speed 15% through regular practise.
Joseph's Sporting Goods
- Processed 80+ customer orders per hour, both in person and on phone. Entered all data into store CRM system.
- Transcribed 5 phone calls per week, ½ hour in length each.
- Maintained 99% accuracy in all orders even in busy times.
- Streamlined ordering process with MS Access. Result: raised order-taking efficiency and speed by 28%.
Marion High School
- Received diploma, 2014.
- Commended by 3 teachers for work ethic.
- Type 105 WPM with zero errors.
- 15,000 KPH 10-key typing speed.
MS Office, Google Docs, Salesforce, NetSuite
- Clean cages 2x per month at Wayne Hill Animal Shelter.
- Organiser, annual Stearns Playground Bake Sale.
- Maintain popular Instagram page with 2,500+ followers.
Hard Skills: Typing 80 WPM, MS Office, CRM, order processing, transcription
Soft Skills: Interpersonal skills, time management, communication, attention to detail
Here’s how to write a data entry CV that gets results:
1. Choose the Best Data Entry CV Format
You of all people know—
It all starts with the right format.
Formatting a CV is no different.
To get a data entry job, begin with the reverse-chronological format.
Then fill it in:
Data Entry CV Format
- Make a one-page CV with one-inch margins.
- Leave some white space to make it legible.
- Use a CV font like 10–12pt Arial or Garamond.
- Write professional CV sections like Heading, Summary of Qualifications, Experience, Education, and Skills.
- Save it as a PDF CV. That’s the approved format and yes, ATS can read them.
Expert Hint: The average data entry clerk makes £27K per year. But the best jobs pay £36K or more. Don’t settle. Dial in your data entry CV format and message.
2. Write a Data Entry CV Objective or Summary
This is critical.
A stack of data entry specialist CVs stands between you and the job.
Catch the eye fast or vanish in the data-pile.
That’s a quick-hit of why you matter.
- An adjective (accurate, reliable)
- “data entry”
- Years of experience (1+, 4+)
- How and who you’ll help (create smooth process flow at Cain Medical)
- Best data entry moments (entered 500+ records per day...)
- The few skills they want most (accuracy, coaching...)
Create it last to make life easy.
These data entry CV examples show how:
Data Entry CV Summary—Example
Those two samples are the same.
One says, “fast typing.” The other says, “80 WPM.”
One says, “creative thinker.” The other says, “saved £19,000 with a creative idea.”
God is in the details.
So is getting hired.
But even a data entry CV with no experience craves evidence:
Data Entry CV Objective
The second of those entry-level data entry CV examples “shows” the same skills. But the first actually proves them.
Expert Hint: To get hired, you’ll face recruiters and HR pros, not data entry managers. That means you must show how you’ve helped the bottom line.
3. Ace Your Data Entry Job Description and Skills Section
What’s the best data entry clerk CV advice?
It’s the only way to make them think:
“He’s perfect for this job.”
To write a good data entry job description for CVs:
- Find CV keywords (aka CV skills) in the online posting.
- Show how you used those things to move the needle.
Craft yours like the first of these data entry CV samples:
Imagine the job ad wants these data entry skills: entering records, coaching, accuracy, MS Office.
Data Entry Job Description for CV [Sample]
Sorry, wrong number.
The second of those data entry CV examples is for the wrong job.
It’s missing numbers, too. Specifically: how did you help the company make money?
Next—an entry-level CV:
Say the job ad wants these data entry skills: processing customer orders, accuracy, MS Access.
Entry-Level Data Entry CV Job Description [Sample]
The second CV sample misses by a mile.
But look closer.
Both were from the same past job.
Use these data entry CV skills for inspiration:
Data Entry Skills for CVs
4. Use Your Education to Get Noticed
Does a CV for data entry jobs really need an education section?
Why not use it to your advantage?
Key in enticing details to get nibbles.
Watch how this data entry CV sample nails it:
Data Entry CV Example—Education
You just told them you work hard.
5. Add “Other” Material to Your Data Entry CV
The bad news?
Most hiring managers see your data entry clerk CV as spam.
Do you actually need to prove you’re human?
Add a section or two like:
- Typing test results (TypingTest.com)
- Certifications (G Suite, Microsoft Office, QuickBooks)
- Volunteer work
- Languages you speak
- Classes you’ve taken (even a Lynda class on numeric data entry)
- Additional activities
These data entry CV examples sort it out:
Data Entry CV—Extra Sections
Why does the first of those data entry CV examples work?
It proves data entry skills. Even the “additional activities” show you’re something special.
Expert Hint: Write a cover letter. Your CV for data entry jobs will get more attention if you do. The reason? Almost half of hiring managers reject CVs without them. Check out our data entry cover letter example for some inspiration.
Here’s how to write a data entry CV:
- Use the data entry CV template up top. It puts all your best data entry moments in the proper order.
- Fill in the form with CV keywords from the data entry job description.
- Flesh out your CV sections with evidence you’ve made some kind of difference.
- Add “other” material to show you’re no mere robot who can type.
Got questions on how to write great CVs for data entry jobs? Not sure how to show data entry on a CV? Leave a comment. We’ll be happy to reply!