A perfect CV is one that will land you an interview by convincing the recruiter you’re perfect for the role. Don’t know how to write one? We do, and we’re about to show you.
Supply teachers work on short notice, managing classrooms and picking up where teachers leave off. A CV for supply teacher jobs must prove skills in classroom management and student engagement.
You’re not the only game in town.
So your CV has to show you’re the perfect answer to the school’s needs.
That just takes a little tweaking.
In this guide:
- A supply teacher CV sample better than most.
- How to make a fitting supply teacher job description for CVs.
- How to write a CV for supply teacher jobs that shows off your key skills.
- Why you can’t just list supply teacher skills (and what to do instead).
Save hours of work and get a CV like this. Pick a template, fill it in. Quick and easy. Choose from 18+ CV templates and download your CV now.
What users say about ResumeLab:
I had an interview yesterday and the first thing they said on the phone was: “Wow! I love your CV.”
I love the variety of templates. Good job guys, keep up the good work!
My previous CV was really weak and I used to spend hours adjusting it in Word. Now, I can introduce any changes within minutes. Absolutely wonderful!
Want to broaden your education horizons? See our guides:
- Academic CV
- CV for University Application
- Education CV
- Teacher CV Example
- Preschool Teacher CV
- Special Education Teacher CV
- Elementary Teacher CV
- Art Teacher CV
- Librarian CV
- Teaching Assistant CV
- Tutor CV
- ESL Teacher CV
Haven't found what you're looking for? Check all our CV Examples.
Supply Teacher CV Example You Can Copy and Use
079 8569 1456
Licenced supply teacher with experience in Year 1-13 and solid classroom management skills. Seeking to support teachers at the Vaughn School. Recognised for student engagement with 97% teacher feedback scores at Wood Secondary School. Facilitated 10+ bullying lessons to 200+ students, contributing to 25% jump in student morale.
Wood Secondary School, York
September 2018–September 2019
- Worked as both long-term and short-term supply teacher for Year 7-13 students. Maintained 97% positive teacher feedback.
- Used classroom management skills to resolve conflicts and keep the peace even in 2 classes of at-risk students.
- Facilitated classroom lessons on bullying that contributed to a 25% rise in student morale.
- Accepted short-term supply teacher shifts on short notice 67 days of the year. Scored 95% in student exit surveys.
- Developed 50+ daily lesson plans. Plans received high marks from teachers for clarity, engagement, and information conveyed.
Day Lilly School, York
May 2018–June 2018
- Completed 6-week placement. Recognised by mentors for high-level classroom management skills with 25+ students in class.
- Commended by mentors for student engagement. Succeeded in getting 5 difficult students to participate in class activities.
- Graded 250+ tests and papers with 99% accuracy.
BA (Hons) Education, University of York
- Worked as peer tutor to 15 students, resulting in 20% test score rise.
- Created senior project to mentor 10 at-risk community children.
- First Aid & CPR, British Red Cross
- Mentor, Year 1-13, Lessen State Schools.
- Assistant Scout Leader, Scouts Association.
- Organiser, annual Coats for Kids drive.
Hard Skills: classroom management, student engagement, grading, school safety
Soft Skills: leadership, patience, communication, organisation
Now here’s how to write a supply teacher CV:
1. Use the Right Supply Teacher CV Format
Here’s the thing:
Your CV format can make you look professional—or sloppy.
Go with option A.
To do it—
Follow these CV format steps:
Supply Teacher CV Format
- Use the reverse-chronological CV format.
- Choose a professional CV font like 10–12pt Calibri or Arial.
- Include white space and 1-inch margins.
- A good CV length for supply teacher jobs is one page.
- Use these CV sections: Header, Objective, Work Experience, Education, Skills, and “other.”
Expert Hint: PDF CVs look great on all kinds of screens, and ATS software can read them. So — save your supply teacher CV as a PDF file.
2. Write a Supply Teacher CV Objective or Summary
The principal will read your supply teacher CV, but—
If you have years of professional experience, go for a CV summary. If you’re new to the job market, try a CV objective.
Remember to use:
- An adjective (licenced, hard-working)
- The words “supply teacher”
- Years of experience (1+, 7+)
- How and whom you’ll help (create a smooth experience for students and teachers at Westwood High)
- Your finest supply teacher achievements (...97% teacher feedback scores...)
These supply teacher CV examples show the equation:
Supply Teacher CV Summary—Example
That second example flunks.
The details in the first one show competence.
What if your teaching experience is still learning its ABC’s?
In a supply teacher CV with no experience, refer to internships or non-teaching jobs.
Supply Teacher CV Objective—Example
See the difference? The first supply teacher objective clearly shows what the candidate has to offer.
Expert Hint: Write your supply teacher assistant CV summary or objective last. That way you’ll have a full list of accomplishments made to order.
3. Write a Smart Supply Teacher Job Description and Skills Section
Do you fit the job?
If yes, can you prove it?
You’re probably thinking about this the wrong way.
The key is to look at the supply teacher job description. Or—
If there’s no job ad, talk to the teachers.
Then put on your thinking cap. Find proof in your past that you fit.
These supply teacher CV examples give the assignment:
The job ad wants these supply teacher skills: (1) classroom management (2) lesson plans (3) can work on short notice.
Supply Teacher Job Description for CV [Sample]
The first of those supply teacher CV examples has the right details with descriptive numbers.
But what if you have no work experience?
Check this job description for entry-level CVs:
The job ad wants these supply teacher skills: (1) classroom management (2) student engagement (3) grading.
Entry-Level Supply Teacher CV Job Description [Sample]
That first example uses your internship to prove skills.
You can use retail or restaurant jobs to prove communication or interpersonal skills.
It’s all about picking the right CV keywords. Again, read the job posting for the right CV skills.
Then show a few hard and soft skills in your supply teacher CV. Check the list below for reference.
Supply Teacher Skills for a CV
Creating Lesson Plans
Expert Tip: Don’t show too many skills in a CV for supply teacher jobs. That looks like you’re just tossing in a laundry list. Stick to what the job ad says.
The ResumeLab builder is more than looks. Get specific content to boost your chances of getting the job. Add job descriptions, bullet points, and skills. Easy. Improve your CV in our CV builder now.
Nail it all with a splash of colour, choose a clean font, highlight your skills in just a few clicks. You’re the perfect candidate and we’ll prove it. Use the ResumeLab builder now.
4. Turn Basic Education to a Reason to Hire You
The education section of your CV can get you hired.
But you need to do it right.
In a supply teacher CV, it needs to show accomplishment.
Supply Teacher Education—Example
See those bullets?
They show more than just attendance.
Expert Hint: If you just graduated from school, write a longer education section in your supply teaching CV. A single class can list two bullet points with skills in each.
5. Add Extra Credit to Your Supply Teacher CV
Education. Experience. You’re done, right?
Not so fast.
A CV for supply teacher jobs needs “extra” sections.
Here are 11. Pick one or two:
- Certifications (like a teaching licence)
- Memberships (like NEU)
- Conferences you’ve attended
- Volunteer work
- Foreign languages you speak
These supply teacher CV examples are textbook:
Supply Teacher CV—Extra Sections
The second supply teacher CV example sounds like Cameron Diaz from Bad Teacher.
Expert Hint: Write a cover letter. Your CV for supply teacher jobs will move to the head of the class. Show your passion and fit for this teacher job.
Double your impact with a matching CV and cover letter combo. Use our cover letter builder and make your application documents pop out.
Want to try a different look? There’s 18 more. A single click will give your document a total makeover. Pick a cover letter template here.
For a supply teacher CV that blows the curve out:
- Use the supply teacher CV template up top. It shows off all your greatest moments.
- List supply teacher achievements in your CV objective, job description, education, and “bonus” sections.
- Add the supply teacher keywords and skills this position wants.
- Include a supply teacher cover letter. Show your passion for the school.
Got questions on how to write great CVs for supply teacher jobs? Not sure how to show supply teacher on a CV? Leave a comment. We’ll be happy to reply!